The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

+65
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Biltong
nganboy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Sin é
caoimhincentre
Agnoo1
asoreleftshoulder
flynnnio
valjester
The Great Aukster
slartibartfast
mystiroakey
Smirnoffpriest
geoff998rugby
MMC
RubyGuby
Gibson
Notch
Messymesina
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Ozzy3213
GunsGerms
glamorganalun
gowales
funnyExiledScot
miteyironpaw
RuggerRadge2611
Shane_Williams
Breadvan
Effervescing Elephant
BlueNote
Glas a du
J_D
dogtooth
Luckless Pedestrian
Shifty
Taffineastbourne
Pal Joey
mankiaow
Casartelli
Cari
Artful_Dodger
Cymroglan
Gatts
SecretFly
Comfort
Thomond
bedfordwelsh
Morgannwg
munkian
eirebilly
Pot Hale
Standulstermen
Feckless Rogue
TycroesOsprey
wales606
rodders
Rory_Gallagher
kiakahaaotearoa
RuckingFlanker86
Knowsit17
ME-109
maestegmafia
69 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Who do you think will be the Winner...???

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_lcap70%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 76 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_lcap28%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 31 ]
Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_lcap2%Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 109

Poll closed

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Empty Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by maestegmafia Thu 05 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ireland Six Nations 2012 Squad

15 -Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) Captain
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:

16 -Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
18 - Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
19 - Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)

WALES SQUAD

BACKS

Scrumhalf
Mike PHILLIPS (BAYONNE)
Lloyd WILLIAMS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys WEBB (OSPREYS)

Flyhalf
Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS)
James HOOK (PERPIGNAN)

Centre 3/4s
Jamie ROBERTS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS)
Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS)
Gavin HENSON (CARDIFF BLUES)
Ashley BECK (OSPREYS – Uncapped)

Wing 3/4s
George NORTH (SCARLETS)
Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES)
Alex CUTHBERT (CARDIFF BLUES)
Harry ROBINSON (CARDIFF BLUES)

Fullbacks
Liam WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Uncapped)
Lee BYRNE (ASM CLERMONT AUVERGNE)

FORWARDS

Tightheads
Craig MITCHELL (EXETER CHIEFS)
Adam JONES (OSPREYS)

Looseheads
Ryan BEVINGTON (OSPREYS)
Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES)
Rhys GILL (SARACENS)

Adaptable to both sides of the Scrum
Paul JAMES (OSPREYS)
Rhodri JONES (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Hookers
Matthew REES (SCARLETS)
Huw BENNETT (OSPREYS)
Ken OWENS (SCARLETS)

Locks
Bradley DAVIES (BLUES)
Ian EVANS (OSPREYS)
Lou REED (SCARLETS – Uncapped)

Back Five Option
Ryan JONES (OSPREYS)

Blindside Flank Forward
Dan LYDIATE (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS)

Openside Flank Forward
Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN)
Justin TIPURIC (OSPREYS)

Number 8s
Toby FALETAU (Dragons)
Andy POWELL (Sale)

Its a month away, just 31 days to the opening game for Wales and Ireland. The excitement of the start of the tournament is as thrilling as it has ever been. I think we are hoping that both sides will show some of the new talent on display in the HEC given their chances at International level. A mix of experience blended in well to temper the exuberance of youth when it is needed.

How do the teams match up historically?

First ever Ireland vs Wales was at Lansdowne Road, Dublin on the 28th of January 1882.

Ireland nil – 2G, 4T Wales
Try: Evans
Bridie
Clapp
Baker Jones

Con: Lewis (2)

The winning result for Wales was their first ever victory in International Rugby. Since then the two Nations have played for the following results.

117 Played 117
47 Wins 64
64 Losses 47
6 Draws 6
164 Tries 201
85 Conversions 98
131 Penalties 126
21 Drop Goals 33
1227 Points 1353
39.66% Success Rate 54.31%

Last meeting was in the Quarter Finals of the RWC 2011. Wales were victorious in a classic encounter. Both nations fielded exceptionally good teams that had done well in their previous pool matches.

The game previous was in the 2011 Six Nations with another win for Wales, controversial due to the try that should not have been allowed scored by Mike Phillips.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:48 am; edited 12 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm

RubyGuby wrote:2 years since YOU beat Wales - who you talking to butt thumbsup Wales

lol sorry RG

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Empty Re: Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...!

Post by SecretFly Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote: Pace is all very well if there is space to exploit.

Thus the question mark about Ireland. They're a rugby side - their role is to try to create space and exploit it or why show up at all? We'll see have they found ways to create the space you say never appears. Sometimes it sounds like you think the Grand Slam is already being etched with the name of Wales Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:26 pm

I thought Ireland were a forward-oriented side? They were certainly touted as one from the Australia game onwards back in September. Has anything changed since to alter that perception?

Bod was their main playmaker last time and he won't be around this time, if anything won't that force Ireland to rely more on their forwards?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:33 pm

Knowsit, we are in a style-transition. That's our problem right there. Its down to Kidney. And the players, for us to play like Leinster. Munster did it v Saints and Ulster v Tigers in the HC. Beware.
We showed it against England last 6-N. Destroyed them. Sexton was at the centre of it all. Its why we lost v Wales in the RWC. ROG started. And we had a basic game-plan with our backrow doing all the carrying. TOO easy for Gatland to counteract and break down.

When & IF, Ireland get fired up and click ... Wales are the NEW England.

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:I thought Ireland were a forward-oriented side? They were certainly touted as one from the Australia game onwards back in September. Has anything changed since to alter that perception?

Bod was their main playmaker last time and he won't be around this time, if anything won't that force Ireland to rely more on their forwards?

Watching the Irish provinces it looks like there are plenty of players who can throw the ball around with a lot of skill. Leinster, Ulster and Munster have all put 40+ points on HEC opposition in the last few weeks. Some of the teams they beat were former winners too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:
TycroesOsprey wrote: Pace is all very well if there is space to exploit.

Thus the question mark about Ireland. They're a rugby side - their role is to try to create space and exploit it or why show up at all? We'll see have they found ways to create the space you say never appears. Sometimes it sounds like you think the Grand Slam is already being etched with the name of Wales Wink

Nope Im pretty worried about the game against the French as PSA is a good coach ML was not.

As far as the game on sunday is concerned well my head says wales, my heart worries about us completly blowing it and imploding. Realistically I think we have an edge in the scrum. I also think warburton will win turnovers at the breakdown. I dont think Ireland have a midfield that can trouble wales and that will choke off ball going out to your wingers who could do damage.

Thats why if I was DK I would move Bowe inside to 13. He will give you a physical presence and he has enough pace to really cause trouble which may give your back three the space to attack.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

Bowe...just can't see him as 13. Not sensitive enough to be a distributor in my eyes. Not even his instinct. Bowe actually, in my opinion, needs a very good Six Nations or he'll have pressures on him even for his bedded down wing role. We talk about other players out of form but his hasn't exactly been scintillating in the last year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:50 pm

ireland are pretty big favourites on betfair- i am surprised. might take a piece of it on wales

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:51 pm

Ty,
Its quick off-the-top ball at the lineout you should be concerned about. If Reddan/Murray and Sexton get space, they will create havoc.

I am betting on Sexton being the Player of the 6-N.

Also, I think our scrums are pretty even now. And Jenkins is a huge loss. As is Priestland. He is vital to the way you like to play.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:52 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:As far as the game on sunday is concerned well my head says wales, my heart worries about us completly blowing it and imploding.

I might be wrong, Tycroes, but it sounds as though you don't think it's possible that Wales will play well but lose due to Ireland simply playing better.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:53 pm

jenkins and preistland out - that makes sense then

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 30 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

Saw someone mention there Ireland play a forward orientated style of rugby. You know, this shows what is wrong with Ireland, because they are probably right. During the RWC our back-line was lacking in creativity and flair, and we were very easily dealt with (as Wales shown). But this is so frustrating as Ireland to me have some of the most talented backs in the world. Up there with France, NZ and the Aussies. I really hope the coaching staff actually let the backs do their own thing this time, and play the free-flowing brand of rugby they were born to play. No more cluelessness in attack. Proper rugby!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:00 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Saw someone mention there Ireland play a forward orientated style of rugby. You know, this shows what is wrong with Ireland, because they are probably right. During the RWC our back-line was lacking in creativity and flair, and we were very easily dealt with (as Wales shown). But this is so frustrating as Ireland to me have some of the most talented backs in the world. Up there with France, NZ and the Aussies. I really hope the coaching staff actually let the backs do their own thing this time, and play the free-flowing brand of rugby they were born to play. No more cluelessness in attack. Proper rugby!

this is actually my very first "+1" after quite a few years either here or old 606. And you get it Rory.

+1

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

I am honoured Fly Hug

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
TycroesOsprey wrote:As far as the game on sunday is concerned well my head says wales, my heart worries about us completly blowing it and imploding.

I might be wrong, Tycroes, but it sounds as though you don't think it's possible that Wales will play well but lose due to Ireland simply playing better.

If wales play well they will win LP Im pretty convinced about that.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:02 pm

Does anyone know if Wales are reducing their training Squad to a smaller six nations squad this week?

Back in training at the Vale tomorrow, as far as i know they still have a 35 man squad...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:

If wales play well they will win LP Im pretty convinced about that.

Right on Ty! OK

Believe.

Hope its a cracker either way man.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:06 pm

So to you it's inconceivable that Ireland might beat us fair and square?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:09 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Does anyone know if Wales are reducing their training Squad to a smaller six nations squad this week?

Back in training at the Vale tomorrow, as far as i know they still have a 35 man squad...

Maesteg,

On Friday I read, fy ffrind. They still hold out hopes for Rhys P. playing.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:12 pm

what is fair and square? if Ireland win then they will have deserved it.

However if we play well Ireland dont have the weapons in their armoury to stop a wales win, imo of course.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:15 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:what is fair and square? if Ireland win then they will have deserved it.

However if we play well Ireland dont have the weapons in their armoury to stop a wales win, imo of course.

laughing

My, you are a cocky one. Wales suddenly defeat Ireland and now Ireland don't have the "weapons" to defeat them. Hilarious!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 Empty The Irish tides are a changing

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

Out of the Ashes of the Modern era we are seeing Ireland become the Northern Hemisphere power house on the International stage.

Having watched the Irish provinces preform so well in Europe one can only come to the conclusion that this will surely translate into the International stage very soon.

But why has it not come to fruition much sooner?

Well what Ireland need to do like their provinces is recruit a ton of South African,Kiwis and South Sea islanders to carry the old cart horse Irish players, this is a dead cert for success.

Come on lads lets get real Ireland have never beat the All Blacks and have only won one Grandslam in a life time!
Yes yes bring out the stats on Ireland's win loss ratio but all that proves is Ireland are amazing at being average.
Sorry but you just don't change things over night with the same old average players.

See you Sunday Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:So to you it's inconceivable that Ireland might beat us fair and square?

You could learn much, young one.

Gallantry and acceptance that the opposition might be better is for after the game. For now, arrogance (albeit no further than friendly banter regarding the opposition) and certainty that the game is ours will only get us in better voice on the day itself. If we were playing NZ in Auckland I'd say the same thing.

For the RWC qf we all turned out in force, with the knowledge that we could do it and lo and behold we did it. I've been disappointed not to find the same confident atmosphere among the Welsh contingent of 606 this time. Whether it has any bearing on the result or not, I'd rather it be so.

Believe FFS thumbsup

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

Ireland vs Wales - WELSH TEAM ANNOUNCED AT 11:50 THIS MORNING...! - Page 11 1347041234

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

RG, Dont mean to sound too cocky but If our backrow are winning turnovers and your midfield defence is as weak as its likely to be given your possible combinations where are Ireland going to win the game?

It is only in the second row that Ireland have a percieved strength over the welsh and honestly I think there are a lot of people in for a suprise there. the irish scrum will suffer, your midfield is weak. You have a team that has not evolved, Wales by contrast has a team that has changed dramatically since you beat us in 2010.

What can you bring to the table that will be different and better than the two games last year? where has your game improved? Lets be fair apart from a great match against the English and against Australia in teh RWC Ireland have been mediocre in teh last 12 months. Poor in the six nations, poor in the RWC warm ups and poor in every game except the Aussies in the RWC.

So what is there that is different in Irelands game that can nullify our backrow? that can shackle our midfield? that can stop our strike runners in the back three? I just dont see where Ireland has evolved since 2009 and results have got progressively worse. After we won the slam in 2008 our side went into a similar decline, Aging players and structures that were no longer working. Since 2010 there has been a massive change for Wales. Ireland have gone down the Martin Johnson path of trusting in experience despite ever decreasing returns.

Last edited by TycroesOsprey on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:27 pm

If it's a classic Six Nations encounter with tries from each side, right to the edge chances for both sides - pace and beauty from both and Wales lose?

Is that then - Ireland were better?

OR - Wales were better but Ireland had the 'home' advantage? Wales showed they have it to take the Championship and probably now will? Warburton was just a monster today - top class - world class? Ireland only scored four tries, we got five? That side would have easily beaten the All Blacks if we had them at home in the Millennium?

Because I'm feeling really excited now if that's the case. If Ireland win on Sunday it's clear they'll have beaten the best side in the world. And we all know how long we've been trying to do that trick! Wink

Seriously though, yes Wales could cut us to pieces. They have that potential and Tycroes has the right to be confident based on WC and games against Ireland.

Seriously though, yes too Ireland could cut a confident Wales to pieces. They also have the potential. Problem for Ireland (and in a sense the same problem for Wales) is that we don't really know how they'll play. We have a much more confident visual memory of how we expect to see the Welsh play, but Ireland has been and will again be a bigger question mark. First two games will tell if Kidney and his coaching crew have learned lessons about Ireland's predictable patterns and the inconsistency in pace and intensity.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

Gibson wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Does anyone know if Wales are reducing their training Squad to a smaller six nations squad this week?

Maesteg,

On Friday I read, fy ffrind. They still hold out hopes for Rhys P. playing.

I have read a few reports saying the same, I hope so, to make a really good game of it Priestland can make that welsh backline really play well.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Seriously though, yes Wales could cut us to pieces. They have that potential and Tycroes has the right to be confident based on WC and games against Ireland.

Seriously though, yes too Ireland could cut a confident Wales to pieces. They also have the potential. Problem for Ireland (and in a sense the same problem for Wales) is that we don't really know how they'll play. We have a much more confident visual memory of how we expect to see the Welsh play, but Ireland has been and will again be a bigger question mark. First two games will tell if Kidney and his coaching crew have learned lessons about Ireland's predictable patterns and the inconsistency in pace and intensity.

The only thing thing that really gives me confidence in Wales going in to this match is our defence. I don't think Ireland are so strong in defence.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

Looks like the welsh squad is staying the same as the training squad for the six nations.

Garland usually favours a 28 man squad but it appears he is keeping a full traing squad compliment.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

scrumv a bit rubbish going on about revenge from the "throw -in " incident from last 6N. The teams have played each other since.

Wales are going to get slaughtered in the front 5 - game over.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

I guess that makes a change from their much vaunted back row as per the last game thumbsup

Last edited by RubyGuby on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

slartibartfast wrote:scrumv a bit rubbish going on about revenge from the "throw -in " incident from last 6N. The teams have played each other since.

Yeah Right Adam Jones vs Cian Healey? laughing If your relying on POC to win the game your in for a shock. Your front five couldnt muller us last year (twice) They arent going to manage it this year either. If Ireland are going to win its through their back row not their tight five. However Faletau is in the form of his life and Warburton will win turnovers so thats unlikely. Your going to need to score tries and without BOD you arent going to do that.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

who's the ref?
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

Who's 6? Shingler?

I'm Welsh buy the way.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

by
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Allain Rolland Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

Wayne Barnes. and if your welsh thats an even more deluded post.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:12 pm

U have to get over it eventually Tycroes and I'm from Glynneath thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

slarti not you RG lol

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

slartibartfast wrote:Who's 6? Shingler?

I'm Welsh buy the way.

Probably Ryan Jones

My guess is,

1. Paul James
2. Matthew Rees
3. Adam Jones
4. Bradley Davies
5. Ian Evans
6. Ryan Jones (Dan Lydiate)
7. Sam Warburton
8. Toby Faletau
9. Mike Phillips
10. James Hook (Rhys Preistland)
11. George North
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathon Davies
14. Leigh Halfpenny
15. Lee Byrne

16. Ryan Bevington
17. Huw Bennett
18. Aaron Shingler
19. Justin Tipuric
20. Lloyd Williams
21. Stephen Jones (James Hook)
22. Scott Williams (Alex Cuthbert)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

That's a nice team - I dont rate Tuperic by the way - not an international - reminds me of Tom Rees another nearly man thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Yeah I think thats the team although Cuthbert over Scott on the bench. Im still hopeful on Priestland and Lydiate.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm

The Irish do have a talented front five, O'Connell is a living legend in the modern game Healy a future Irish great to be sure.

Ross was a great find last year, Best knows the ropes in the scrum and the calls in the line out. Whoever partners at lock be it DOC or Ryan they have a great front five.

That said I heard a little rumour that James is not all bad these days, Matt Rees was a Lion and Adam Jones is starting to get the hang of things... Just...!

Our second rows are definitely second choice, big lads who have had good games and bad.

Well here's to hoping...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:19 pm

That is an exciting looking team power and pace thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

Wayne Barnes - hmmm.... could even up the scrum.

Deluded? No, just realistic. I've seen little sign of the Word Cup Stars (who came 4th and couldn't beat France), showing anywhere near the form. Where as the World Cup "flops" Ireland, who beat Australia, who now top Europe with their weak Irish packs (sorry Irish folk, poor attempt at satire).

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

Thought Ryan Jones was inured
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Roberts?

Am I having an outer body experience? He's injured too???
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

Roberts and Ryan Jones are expected to be fit. Priestland, Lydiate, Charteris, AWJ and Gethins are the only expected injuries.

Possible that Priestland and Lydiate might make it though.

Find out Friday!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:30 pm

Baby Kearney is a John Kelly in my view. He is solid, good in attack, good in defence will take a chance if you give it to him. Zebo has an X-factor, Christian Cullen had it and not many othere guys do. Zebo can create something out of nothing.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next