The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+7
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 17 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 17 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 17 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 17 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Missed the French game thawing out, working outside in -12 is not fun.

It's been -6 up here!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 17 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Jesus, Dickson is miles from Int quality, that's seriously worrying.

See Flood could be back next week, he's back in England training. Hodgson a doubt also with a shoulder issue.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Driver will you get a team in on the other game. No predictions in yet and prefer not to see a default win/loss thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Didn't know they were Brothers
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Massive blow for England and Dickson. Hopefully he gets a chance in the summer.

Karl Dickson is class act and was great for Quins at the start of the year but I wouldn't like him at 9 for England quite yet. He has the potential though, it was like watching Danny Care.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:41 pm

Surprised they didn't call on Ben Spencer with him being the Saxons 9.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Hardly a massive blow losing backup 9 although I'd have liked to have seen Dickson push Youngs.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Dickson is a bit more than a back up. You said yourself you'd have him ahead of Youngs next week. He'd have played a big part in this 6N campaign I think.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm

I think Dickson may have started his service
Was so
Much quicker than youngs. I would be content to let youngs go back to Leicester and try and get his form
Back. You can't be scratching around for form t international level and yesterday was a bit of a horror show for the lad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:02 pm

How is Dickson more than a backup?!?! He's had one bench appearance at Int level!

Youngs hardly had a horror show, apart from kicking out on the full once he kept things tidy and had a steady game. Seems if he isn't making breaks he's playing poorly for some bizarre reason.

Youngs is our best scrum half so starts, L Dickson plays well when Saints dominate the pack and I'd have liked to seen him blooded incase Youngs got injured.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Dickson is more than back up in the sense that he was pushing Youngs for the start. He wasn't on the bench in case Youngs got injured he was there to come on an add something.

A back up is someone who is there to be used out of necessity in my book. Dickson wasn't there for that yesterday. He was there to come on and add something which he certainly did.

You say Dickson only plays well when saints pack are dominant and that is rubbish. He played very well against Munster in round 6. Saints dominated the scrum but there pack wasn't dominant in terms of general play. Youngs is running out of chances to put in a decent 80 mins rather than little bursts of quality surrounded by mediocrity.

If Youngs isn't providing top class service then he needs to by threatening the fringes and he is currently doing neither of these things consitently.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Can't agree with any of that tbh.

Dickson offers nothing when Saints don't dominate up front, he looks great when they control affairs up front. A good scrum half but doesn't offer enough around the fringes to make an Int. He's a long way behind Youngs and Care but agree he could be a good bench option as his control is good.

A back up is somebody who doesn't start unless the first choice is injured......ie Dickson, Parling, Hodgson, Botha, Brown.

These players would start if the first choices were injured ie Foden, Youngs, Flood, Lawes etc.

All subs are there to add something or they wouldn't be on the bench?!?! Odd statement. You are deluded if you think Dickson is currently more than England backup scrum half, he wouldn't even be on the bench if Care was involved.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 pm

I agree Steve. Youngs should be dropped if he is poor against
Italy. We can't keep waiting for him to discover his form. His performances for
Leicester have been dreadful especially against ulster and point to
A serious lack
Of form and confidence. When you scrum half offers no threat from the base like youngs does currently it's easy to defend as you know
The ball is getting passed out. Look at Murray and Phillips achieved for
There teams
Today. They looked so dangerous.
Care must regret his stupidity nie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm

Youngs isn't England's best 9. Care is.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Damn just saw that Dickson was injured - would have started him against Italy with Youngs on the bench, think that is the best place for him at the moment and get him to add some pace to the game from the bench like he did against Argentina in the WC. You can't have a player so low in form and confidence playing for England, but would dropping him make it harder for him to regain that form? Dickson's passing and service was so much better.

Guess with Dickson out that means Simpson will be on the bench for next week. Very good impact sub to have there, scored another cracking try for Wasps this weekend.

Be interesting to see what Lancaster does with Flood, whether to call him back into the team - imagine he might swap with JTH on the bench?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm

I think Flood will come straight back in to be honest.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Simpson might get the nod yet!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 pm

I think Flood could come back too - I did actually think Hodgson had a good game though, he gets a lot of unfair stick, as his time at Sarries has helped improve his defence no end. Do like the look of Farrell though, was very composed, didnt make mistakes and should grow as an international. He's got that winning mentality about him, similar to Wilko.

Simpson will get a bench spot, probably a good game to test him out as he's been on very good form for Wasps in last 2-3 games - the training he's had from Bracken has really helped him.

Ben Morgan has to start though, was so impressed with him - assuming Lawes, Tuilagi and Wood will be back the week after next for the Wales game. Going to need each of those if we are to stand any chance of beating the Welsh.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:51 pm

I'd go for Italy

1.Alex Corbisero
2.Dylan Hartley
3.Dan Cole
4.Tom Palmer
5.Geoff Parling
6.Tom Wood (c)
7.Chris Robshaw
8.Ben Morgan

9.Joe Simpson
10.Charlie Hodgson
11.Chris Ashton
12.Owen Farrell
13.Brad Barritt
14.Charlie Sharples
15.Ben Foden

16.Rob Webber 17.Matt Stevens 18.Dave Attwood 19.Callum Clark 20.Ben Youngs 21.Jordan Turner-Hall 22.Mike Brown

Let Toby Flood and Manu Tuilagi get 80 minutes for Leicester and gradually build there match fitness up ahead of Round 3.

Attwood and Clark's type of game so get them involved from the bench , Sharples would relish the chance to run at that Italian line after seeing what France did to it.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Don't have a problem with that side. I think Botha deserves the bench at least. He gave everything yesterday and put in some good hits. I think he is seen as Lawes version 2 by the Management and will be involved until Lawes returns.

Strettle was good and committed v scots. Doesn't deserve to lose his place.

Lancaster and co need to decide whether to stick or twist on Youngs. Easier decision with Dickson fit but thats how it goes. Should give Simpson a go v Italy otherwise have to stick with Youngs untill Summer or he is injured or form improves.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Wood is still out mate.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Meant Strettle not Brown on bench my bad there Steve , I'd start Croft at 6 then.

Botha would be in my squad for round 3 mate , I just think Italy is our best bet to test Attwood at that level of physicality rather than chucking him in against the likes of DOC/Davies/Nallet
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:32 am

Morning all

Only have limited internet access at home at present, probably to the end of the week, so might not be on much.

OK
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 am

Simpson is in dire form and miles from starting. Youngs will start without doubt, he's been playing well enough to keep his place.

I can't believe somebody brought up Phillips as comparison as somebody in good form. He was awful against Ireland as he always is, dire scrum half.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 am

Anglo Welsh Semi Final Line Up

Leicester Tigers vs. Gloucester
Northampton Saints vs. Saracens

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with Pooly, Simpson also has some form issues, which make the scrum half call a tough one, but I would start him against Italy, with Youngs on the bench.

Reasons.

1. If you are going to have a look at Simpson you might as well do it in Rome, as I wouldn't fancy taking the chance against France, Ireland and Wales.

2. Youngs is struggling and needs to be taken out of the firing line. If Care or Dickson were fit, I would leave Youngs out altogether.

3. It may be the kick up the orse he needs to sort his head out.

Whoever we play at 9 this week will be a risk, given the form of all of the available competitors.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 am

It is so annoying that Care is banned as we are struggling in this department.

Youngs looks so low on confidence.

Having Flood back might help though.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:51 am

I think I self combusted at the final whistle yesterday!!!! Bradley Davies is a very VERY lucky boy.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 am

Lol Pooly like how you describe Phillips as a dire scrum half. Priceless insight.

Simpson's form is better than Youngs at the moment, he's playing in an entire team that has zero confidence but still plays ok. Scored a cracker on Saturday too - really want to see him behind a pack that moves forward, can't judge him until then and can't do anyworse than Ben Youngs at present - might also look to attack more than once in a game...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:13 am

I thought Phillips was alright yesterday.

I would also not be disappointed to see Simpson start v Italy.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:16 am

When are the semi-finals for this cup competition Pete? You still in all 4 competitions?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:23 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Simpson is in dire form and miles from starting. Youngs will start without doubt, he's been playing well enough to keep his place.

I can't believe somebody brought up Phillips as comparison as somebody in good form. He was awful against Ireland as he always is, dire scrum half.

Whilst disagreeing with the decision Phillips was official man of the match yesterday. For me that was George North but i would have had phillips in the running after that. THought he was excellent and his service was much sharper than Youngs for example. Also he kicked well and threatened around the fringes which kept ireland honest.

Both him and Murray showed the advantages of having good scrum halves who can pass really well as well as threaten the fringes..

To call phillips always dire is quite frankly ludicrous. he was the best scrum half at the world cup also and is back to form. He went through a really bad patch like youngs is having now and has copme back to there is hope for youngs to come back the same way

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

Phillips is in no way dire. Shouldn't have got MoM yesterday but he was rightly in the mix.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 am

Be careful Mat, he'll be telling you that Dan Carter has a poor kicking game soon...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 am

Do we know if Davies can be punished after the game for his tackle?

or is it a case of ref saw it and dealt with it how he thought fit and now we are done with.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:53 am

He can be cited.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 am

Gatland reckons a 4 week ban for him.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

Not sure how he can avoid being banned to be honest. He was good for Wales as well.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

Looking forward to next weeks games. Particularly the ones at Cardiff and Paris. Massive test for the Irish now as well as a test of how they bounceback after dissapointment. Lineout and back row battle worth admission alone.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 am

The ENgland one will be an interesting game too - be a different test, imagine a much sterner test in the set piece and pack. Thought we had the upper hand in both v the Scots, but can see it being the opposite against Italy - we'll have to play a far more expansive game and stretch them as much as possible. Glad the game was moved to the bigger venue, would have loved to have gone to the game

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:09 am

Phillips is an awful scrum half, service is terrible (the amount of times he fired it off the floor yesterday) he takes too much on himself and was at the bottom of the ruck half the time. Wales would be much stronger without him.

Never have and never will rate Phillips, dire scrum half.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:14 am

Simpson in better form than Youngs?!?! Give your head a shake man!

Simpson got dropped for Berry 3 games ago, playing well in the LV against teams 3rd strings is a little different to playing on the Int stage.

The England pack hardly dominated Scotland, Youngs spent half the time digging the ball out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 am

I'd say Scotlands pack edged it.

Dowson being non-existent didnt help.

Morgan has to start now.

Think we missed a bit of physicality that someone like Haskell would of brought to the table.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 am

Phillips service is not terrible at all. Phillips was spraying passes across half the pitch yesterday and considering Wales were having to go for banker ball at the front all the time that is increasing his pass to 10 by 5-10 metres at most lineouts.

Comfortably the best 9 this weekend. Murray the next closest.

I do agree that Simpson is playing no better than Youngs and the only reason for him starting ahead of Youngs is to give him game time v Italians. Youngs starts v Italy and he has the shirt for the 6N and we just have to hope he starts playing well.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:53 am

I think Robshaw/Croft may work with Morgan at 8. Apart from Dowsons few fluffs I thought he played ok, carried better than I thought he would but agree with Matt he lacks a bit.

Robshaw done a lot of the dog work which we've lacked a little. He done some good carries around the fringes, that pickup near our try line was quality, really dug us out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:56 am

Dowson wasn't great but he wasn't non existant. Needs to get rid of these silly knock on's off restarts.

He carried better than I thought he would as Pooly said, but he isn't the long term future of our back row.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Just don't see it with Phillips, one of those players I can't stand. I know a lot of the Welsh feel the same and would like to see him dropped.

Simpson is a complete backwards step, offers little for me. Dickson would have only real alternitive with Care out.

I really think Youngs is playing ok. Have to remember he's still a young lad. With some go forward in the pack he'll be lethal

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:01 pm

Totally agree Steve, he was far from dreadful. Take out his few mistakes and he did ok

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Compare Dowsons performance to Denton though.
For me, you need a number 8 who makes powerful carries, big tackles etc.
Dowson isnt that kind of player.
Morgan could be, lets give him a go.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Dowson isnt a number 8, so shouldnt be playing for England at number 8 - he's a six and 4th choice England no6 behind Croft, Robshaw and Wood. Look at the difference that Morgan made when he came on, first touch of the ball and he made more yards than Dowson did - but can't crticise Dowson for that as he isnt that type of player, intelligent and has a high work rate - can't expect more than that really. Would start Morgan over him now and wouldnt play Dowson at no8 again - good player for the bench though.

Simpson has improved a lot since he's been getting coached by Bracken - I'd have him on the bench as he could be a great impact sub. Tbh if he started he couldnt do any worse than Youngs...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Alex payne from Sky sports has the following Lions side as his pick.

Healy. Best. Jones. Gray,POC, Ferris,Warbs (c), Faletau, Phillips, Sexton, Bowe, Roberts,Davies,North,Kearney

I think theres something for everyone to disagree with there!

My own side at this point it

Healy, Best, Jones, Gray, POC, Ferris, Warbs (c), Heaslip, Murray, Sexton, North, Roberts, Davies, Halfpenny, Foden

Subs. Jenkins, Hartley, Lawes, SOB, Care, Priestland, Evans

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next