The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

+7
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
stnick88
Driver
11 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 18 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Driver Tue 17 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 18 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Welcome to the Aviva Premiership

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 18 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 - Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

Teams
Bath RFC
InTheFastLane
Exeter Chiefs Driver - RIP 606
Gloucester Anonmattyt
Harlequins
Steven_Sharks
Leicester Tigers
LukeLovesLuka
London Irish
stnick88
London Wasps
Arry
Newcastle Falcons
Sgt_Pooly
Northampton Saints
Dammit_Chris
Sale Sharks
SirJohnnyEnglish
Saracens
LDCPete
Worcester Warriors prop_lyd

Links
Rules
Fixtures
Aviva Premiership League Table
European Homepage
LDCPete Cup homepage
Budgets
Domestic Confirmations
Transfer Homepage
Foreign Transfers
Press Releases
National League Players

Waiting List
1. pullthestrings
2. Bathite
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 18 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

Sorry state of affairs when only one English man can potentially make the starting Lions team!

Its some Lions team though, the squad would be brilliant.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage  - Page 18 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership Season 4 homepage

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

The squad will be brilliant and will be tough to pick. Side is never what is guessed due to injuries and everything else. English front row tends to be picked anyway so we will have 8 in the squad I think with Corbs, Hartley, Cole, Lawes, Wood, Tuilagi, Ashton, Foden.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

Lions tour still 18 months away. Plenty of time for others to stake a claim.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:54 pm

Corbs could well get a starting position in my eyes, think he's come on leaps and bounds this year. Thought he was one of our best players on Saturday.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:05 pm

Corbs seems to play a lot better for England than he does for Irish.
Bit annoying really.
Hopefully he will continue where he left off on Saturday.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:09 pm

Lee Dickson is meant to be training with England tomorrow after a bit of an assessment today - just saw on the England twitter feed.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:09 pm

Dickson could yet play v Italy! SSN reporting it. Very good news.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Do hope he is fit - could do with Dickson this week, he reminds me of how Dawson used to play, gets the whole team ticking and moving - might not do the spectacular, but he's always there and helping build momentum for the team. I really like him as a no9.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:53 pm

Just watching Ireland v Wales.

How on earth did Bradley Davies not get a red card???
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:11 pm

This is from the Planet rugby team of the week.

3 Nicolas Mas (France) - Italy's much-vaunted scrum was never able to truly get on top as Mas and William Servat proved immovable in supporting Vincent Debaty.

Now I've read some sh i te on that website over the years but that tops it all. Italy really did muller France in the scrum and Mas did absolutely nothing at all in the loose to merit inclusion.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

10 Greig Laidlaw (Scotland) - If you think we're intentionally throwing a cat amongst the pigeons here, you're right. Laidlaw only played 20 minutes but the difference he made to the Scottish attack cannot go unnoticed by Andy Robinson. Did he score a try? The debate will go for while yet...
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:42 pm

I like how everyone fails to mention how Laidlow fouled Ben Youngs when trying to get the ball - should have been a penalty to England staight away!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:45 pm

I thought the exact same thing Chris! He was all over Youngs but that was never mentioned even once

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

I third that.

Pretty much jumped on Youngs back.

terrible decisions to put in Laidlaw and Mas.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I just couldnt work out how none of the commentators didnt mention it - I do like the Scottish commentator, think he's the best that the BBC have, doesnt show any biased at all during his commentary.

Dickson has been cleared to play apparently - whilst Hodgson is now a big doubt...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:17 pm

I quite like Eddie Butler as a commentator , think he's narration of the game is quite good. Chuckled a bit during the France/Italy fixture where he started talking about rowing before he remembered there was a rugby game being played.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

Amount of times they called Croft Robshaw was embarrassing.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Back to AP action for the first time in a month this week. I'm excited in this game and in real life for it!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

Glad Dickson is fit, I was worrying with all of that talk of Simpson being near an England squad.

Be a good game for Morgan to come through and stake a claim, can't wait for Manu, Wood and Flood to come into the side too. Hopefully we'll be hitting some form coming back to Twickers.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

Could be worse though Pooly, imagine if we had someone as shi te as Mike Phillips being available for England. Lucky escape. Let's hope Youngs can find some form, such a talent when he does, but havent seen him play consistently well for 12-16months.

Looks like Hodgson could be injured for the game next week, so Flood gets back in. Wish he had a bit more than 25mins of game time though, he was playing well before getting injured. Just hope Farrell and Ford continue to come through so we finally have a top class 10 for England again!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:05 pm

Yea do't want Flood playing. he's not even Int class according to you Rolling Eyes

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:07 pm

never said I dont rate him, wouldnt say he was dire - just don't think he has the ability or mentality to be a top class international no10 that will take England forward. He plays well for us like the game v France 2-3 years ago at Twickers when he ran the show before he got injured at HT, but other times he looks very ordinary and always get the impression he's a 12 that is able to play 10.

Hopefully Farrell and Ford will continue to develop strong and get us a top quality flyhalf for first time since JW was in his prime.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

Hopefully get a top class 1-15 also to go with this top class 10 you keep harping on about.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:27 pm

On 5 live Lancaster just saying quite rightfully toby flood can't just walk back in to an England shirt after 30 minutes rugby. He may have to go back on that if hodgson is out. Flood is an ok player and no more. It's a shame ok is enOugh to be first choice for england but so be it. He is our best option available to us and before his injury was in excellent form.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:36 pm

If Hodgson is fit, ten, twelve, thirteen will be the same this week. If he's not, then Lancasters options are Flood or Farrell.

Be interesting to see if he'd give the 10 shirt to Farrell, would be a ballsy call.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

Hard not to argue that Foden isnt world class now, so just 1-14 we need.

For 2015 it isnt looking too bad if you ask me, maybe a lack of dynamism in the backrow but otherwise strong apart from maybe at 12.

Got so many good props coming through - really like the look of Henry Thomas at Sale (think he's injured atm), alongside Mullan who I think will replace Stevens in the EPS in the next year or two.

Think front row of Corbs Hartley and Cole will become a world beater - was so impressed with Corbs at the weekend, thought he was our best player.

Second row we can build around Lawes, Launchbury, Garvey and possibly Attwood, though not sure on Attwood. But that's a good set of locks.

Backrow loads of talent Kvesvic, Wallace, Morgan, Gibson, Vunipola - quite a few more.

Then loads and loads of young backs, mostly from Gloucester - but have Wade, Daly from Wasps and a few from Quins and Bath. Like the look of the Sale fullback too - think his name is Miller, might be wrong.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

Petee would you play Farrell at 10 for England? Assume JTH would then partner Barritt. Personally like a 10-12 combo that can kick and has a bit of intelligence - quite liked Hodgson and Farrell.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

"Backrow loads of talent Kvesvic, Wallace, Morgan, Gibson, Vunipola - quite a few more"

I thought you were talking sense for a change till I seen Vunipola in there......

Farrell is a 10 all the way, he'll never be a top draw centre as he doesn't have a running game. Could be a fantastic 10 though and the only real threat to flood for the coming years (possibly Burns too)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:57 pm

Vunipola is only 18 Pooly and will get better and better, lot of positive things coming out from Wasps coaches about him.

Burns wont be an international 10 - Ford is our best bet, Farrell couldnt get a game ahead of him at the junior WC as Ford was too good then. Leicester being very clever with his development, last 4-5 games he's played in he's been top rate - 2 games for Leeds, 3 for Tigers (including Heineken Cup) and then for u20s. Best youngster I have ever seen play.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

I've said elsewhere, if Hodgson is out this week I'd live to see 10. Farrell 12. Barritt 13. May against Italy.

Won't happen though.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Too soon to tell with Ford but he looks good at youth level, not seen him play well for Tigers yet.

That would be a tasty backline Pete, Farrell has the attributes to be top draw 10.

Billy V just looks like a fat lump whenever I've seen him play. Miles better talents coming through at 8. Morgan is still a young lad, Gray/York etc etc. Billy V is miles down the list.

Barritt/Manu midfield would be fantastic imo, both solid defensivley. Barritt's work at the breakdown was great agaisnt the jocks and he has a lovely offload that Manu would be lethal running off.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

Would tend to agree with you there - its a shame Tuialgi isnt back for England this week - would like to have seen him get a run out against Italy before the Wales game.

Think backrow will end up being Robshaw, Wood, Morgan with Croft on the bench - or potentially Clark due to all the positions he covers - he destroyed Wasps at the weekend.

Would really like to see Sharples on the bench, as need someone who can cover 13, 11, 14 and 15 - maybe May is the answer for the bench now?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

As strong as Strettle was in defence I want to see Sharples given a run out asap

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

Wouldnt call Billy Vunipola a fat lump at all - he's solid - Mako Vunipola is a fat lump though. Reckon he could be a very good player to have coming through, still got a lot of time to develop, don't really rate Gray as a no8, think he's too small, blindside yes, but needs to bulk up a lot.

Ford has been great in the last 4 games for Tigers, got the BP against Treviso (or the other Italian team) - has the complete game.

The trouble is with a Barritt/Manu midfield there is no real outlet for the backthree from them - would like to see it as could work, but have my doubts

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

I see your concerns Chris because on paper and on here tbh both Barritt & Manu get bad press for poor distribution. I don't think this is the case personally.

Barritt has a good all round game (not amazing) but he would be a lynchpin in midfield with his defence, I think he was very impressive on Sat and he's not a 13 by a long shot. With Manu drawing defenses I think they could really click......hope we get the chance to see them together.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:18 pm

The only way I can see that happening is if they choose to pick Farrell as no10 and put Flood on the bench. Big concern I have with the barritt/tuilagi combo is that all the kicking would be squarely on the no10's shoulders and this is where I have a big concern with Flood - I dont think he can take on a kicking game on his own

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:22 pm

I don't think it's such an issue. Roberts/JD having a very limited kicking game but they have made a great combo.

I don't see Flood's kicking as any better/worse than Priestlands and a midfield of Barritt/Manu would give us similar go forward although Barritt is not as good as getting over the line as Roberts he has a better kicking game.

I'd just like to see it given a shot tbh, not much would get through us in midfield at least!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

England u20 highlights - Ford's passing game, absolutely brilliant. Like the look of the left wing for England too (Walker) and the GLoucester no9 had a stormer, looks very promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj_7OZLk8bw

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:57 pm

Ford has some good gas. Liked the look of Yarde, Watson and Charlie Wilson?? Scotland looked dire.

Love to see am England team for after Italy game:

1. Corbs
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Lawes
5. Palmer
6. Robshaw
7. Wood
8. Morgan

9. Youngs
10. Flood
11. Strettle
12. Barritt
13. Tuilagi
14. Ashton
15. Foden

16. Webber
17. Stevens/PDJ
18. Attwood/Parling/Botha
19. Croft
20. Dickosn - to alter tempo
21. Farrell - covering 10/12 and seeing out game
22. May/Strettle/Brown

I really think that side could challenge given a run of games

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

Charlie Walker - young Quins wing. Very good, load of gas too.

Got some great youngsters coming through from Quins, Gloucester, Sale, Wasps and Sarries at the moment - only one or two from Bath and Tigers, which is a bit odd - same with Saints. Its almost as if they dont want their players to make up England u20s...

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm

i hope irish start yarde this weekend or at least bench him. good player with great potential.

anyone else see that sharks want to play jp pieterson 13 this season? could be good for me on here.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:20 pm

I'd rather see Losi and Topsy on the wings this week tbh nick. Hape and Delon in the centre, Allinson and Bowden at half back.

Yard and Shingler on the bench maybe.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

JJ should be back i'd start him at 13, if not then delon.
think bowden will be missing so shingler 10

agree actually losi and ojo starting

and lahiff starting over dermody

backrow could be an issue

no danaher, gibson, hala'ufia, treviranus

probably be garvey, sisi (could be injured), thorpe, grey

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:36 pm

Much better team of round one:

http://www.espnscrum.com/six-nations-2012/rugby/story/159058.html

Although Hodgson shouldn't be at 10.
ESPN always much more informed than planet rugby.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:53 pm

Luke when will you be getting your team in? Should have my Tactics up on Wednesday afternoon mate.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:20 pm

When I can get on a laptop mate. Either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning OK

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:22 pm

Anyone know if Lydiate is meatn to be back for Wales this week?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:52 pm

Unsure he walks straight back in to be honest. Jones was very good as was Tipuric when he came on.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:15 am

Wait until Barritt plays against a decent tea
Like Ireland or France then we will see. He did nothing in attack Saturday. I agree with quite a feW of the papers who gave him 7 out of 10 as they all said " a great display in defence and a menace at breakdown but needs to add something to attacking side as does not threaten the opposition.

Tuilagi is explosive and dynamic but can't see the pair working together. Barritt is Jamie noon all Over again.

Scotland were very poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 07 Feb 2012, 7:23 am

If Barritt did nothing in attack how do you think Farrell did?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next