The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

+28
Scot Abroad
Shifty
Pat_Mustard
Morgannwg
Manky-Flanker
thegreenhat
bsando
Geordie
NeilyBroon
Chjw131
flyhalffactory
majesticimperialman
21st Century Schizoid Man
SecretFly
geoff998rugby
funnyExiledScot
ghad
Imperialbigdave
nickj
IanBru
Hollbeck Ghyll
eirebilly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
RuggerRadge2611
TJ1
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
R!skysports
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 11 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]
Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 19 ]

Total Votes : 43

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Empty Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

Post by R!skysports Wed 01 Feb 2012, 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Simple Question -

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Empty New Coach

Post by 123skelm Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:21 pm

Bradley?

123skelm

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 Feb 2012, 2:22 pm

Or what about Chick Chalmers ?

Back to top Go down

Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations? - Page 3 Empty Re: Should Andy Robinson go after this 6 nations?

Post by GLove39 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

To try and ease the pain of yesterday's game I decided to look into some stats.
Since that was Robinson's 25th game in charge of Scotland, I wanted to compare how he'd done compared to Hadden.
After 25 games Hadden's Scotland had Won 11 - Lost 14 (44% winning ratio)
Robinson's record after 25 games is pretty similar Won 12 - Drawn 1 - Lost 12 (48% winning ratio)

However the crucial difference between the two is tries scored. In 25 games in charge Andy Robinson's Scotland have scored a mere 20 tries.
By contrast after 25 games Hadden's Scotland had scored 51 tries A massive difference.
Interesting to note that at the start of the 2009 6 Nations Townsend was appointed backs coach, and Andy took over as coach a few months later...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

That settles it then, bring back Hadden!

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:50 pm

GLove39 wrote:To try and ease the pain of yesterday's game I decided to look into some stats.
Since that was Robinson's 25th game in charge of Scotland, I wanted to compare how he'd done compared to Hadden.
Robinson's record after 25 games is pretty similar Won 12 - Drawn 1 - Lost 12 (48% winning ratio)

However the crucial difference between the two is tries scored. In 25 games in charge Andy Robinson's Scotland have scored a mere 20 tries.
By contrast after 25 games Hadden's Scotland had scored 51 tries A massive difference.
Interesting to note that at the start of the 2009 6 Nations Townsend was appointed backs coach, and Andy took over as coach a few months later...

But remember that Scotland played a lot more games against lesser opposition back then.

I don't see why they brought in Townsend as backs coach however. He doesn't have any credentials whatsoever.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 05 Feb 2012, 6:58 pm

A bit of luck went Englans way yesterday, I think you should still persist with Robinson for a little while. But he does need to take some blame for picking Parks. As per you can't catch a cold, is this the fault of the players (who have done well for their clubs this year and scored a fair amount of tries) or the backs coach?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Its Robinsons fault for picking Parks - his poor play swing the momentum to the opposition and the rest of the team get more and more frantic trying too hard with the rubbish ball they end up with.

Robinson picking parks is the main reason we lost yesterday. Both must go ASAP

Chalmers is not ready yet I don't believe. Todd Blackadder is the man - he is a few years off the ABs coaches job

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

gowales wrote:
GLove39 wrote:To try and ease the pain of yesterday's game I decided to look into some stats.

But remember that Scotland played a lot more games against lesser opposition back then.

I don't see why they brought in Townsend as backs coach however. He doesn't have any credentials whatsoever.

It's true that games against the likes of Portugal (8 tries) helps boost the tally, but even so it's a worrying sign.

Consider for instance Scotland V Romania. Under Hadden Scotland played them twice 2006 (7 tries), 2007 (6 tries) and both times, no tries conceded.
Flash forward to 2011 Scotland manage just 4 tries, conceding 2. So Romania have clearly progressed more than Scotland, which is a great concern, as soon the so called mino nations will be hammering on our door

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 05 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

I said my piece before the game and saw nothing to change ma mind Sad

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3