The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown taping results

+10
psycho-gooner
theundisputedY2D2
harryspiv
Kay Fabe
sodhat
Beer
ADMIN
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Adam D
Samo
14 posters

Go down

Smackdown taping results Empty Smackdown taping results

Post by Guest Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Dark Match:

* The Usos defeated Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins

SmackDown results;

Lilian Garcia opens the show with some National Guard troops at ringside.

SmackDown General Manager Teddy Long comes out and straight away announces the participants for the World Heavyweight Championship in the SmackDown Elimination Chamber match at the pay-per-view. Daniel Bryan will be defending against Randy Orton, Mark Henry, Wade Barrett, The Big Show and Cody Rhodes.

This cues Mark Henry to come out moaning about how his shot will be in the Chamber. He wants his World Title shot tonight. Long isn’t happy and decides to remove Henry from the Chamber match and suspends him indefinitely. Henry is now peed but Sheamus comes out and lays him out with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus says he doesn’t know yet what title he will challenge for at WrestleMania 28 and is interrupted by Cody Rhodes. A match between the pair is set and it is up next…

1) Sheamus defeated Cody Rhodes

2) Hunico vs Justin Gabriel never really starts as Rhodes jumps on Gabriel on his way to the ring. Camacho & Hunico join in on the beat down until The Great Khali makes the save. An utterly bizarre segment.

Drew McIntyre is backstage begging Teddy Long not to fire him and them on SmackDown. Santino Marella comes in and announces he has a new tag team partner in Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Santino says their tag team name is “Santinooooooo”. Askana came in for more comedy.

3) WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Epico defeated Santinooooooo (Santino Marella & Hacksaw Jim Duggan) in a non-title match after some interference from Rosa Mendes.

Daniel Bryan came out to cut a heel promo in the ring about being a role model and a vegan. Big Show then comes out and announces he just finished eating a huge steak. They bicker then Show chokeslams in and then was going to continue his assault before AJ Lee came out and begged him to stop.

4) Brodus Clay defeated Heath Slater. Post-match, Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay but ‘The Funkasarus’ easily killed McIntyre and danced to celebrate.

5) Beth Phoenix & Natalya defeated Aksana & Tamina

The Great Khali was announced as Mark Henry’s replacement in the Elimination Chamber. Fantastic.

Josh Matthews interviews Randy Orton backstage to hype his match against Randy Orton that is coming up next.

6) Randy Orton defeated Wade Barrett in a good brawl that saw lots of action go to the outside. They brought out a table and chairs came into play. Orton won with the RKO.

Post-match Daniel Bryan came out and celebrated with Orton before Teddy Long announced Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton next week.

Back to top Go down

Smackdown taping results Empty Re: Smackdown taping results

Post by Samo Wed 01 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

Sounds totally bizarre. Why did D-Bry come out to celebrate with Orton? Why replace Henry with Khali? Why squash Drew Mc? Why did Rhodes jump Gabriel?

Have the creative team decided not to bother anymore?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:07 pm

Why did Slater get squashed by Clay for the second week running?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

What a bizarre Smackdown. Might have to watch this to see the nonsense unfold.

Good to see Slater and Gabriel still getting screen time

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:58 am

Mark Henry is properly injured, that's why he's out. God only knows though why Khali gets the slot.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:59 am

Henry's knees are apparently shot die to over compensating for his groin injury. Would explain why he was nowhere near the finish of the cage match and now this angle.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 02 Feb 2012, 9:56 am

Brodus Clay defeated Heath Slater. Post-match, Drew McIntyre came out and attacked Clay but ‘The Funkasarus’ easily killed McIntyre and danced to celebrate.

Can't fault the man.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

I think they should have had a wild card entry to the Chamber, get McIntyre in it and while he'd still be out within the first 3 he could have a performance that would have at least gained him respect and helped re-build his credibility, this then would have allowed him to stake a claim in Mania's MitB

To simple?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:36 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think they should have had a wild card entry to the Chamber, get McIntyre in it and while he'd still be out within the first 3 he could have a performance that would have at least gained him respect and helped re-build his credibility, this then would have allowed him to stake a claim in Mania's MitB

To simple?

I'm shocked that they didn't throw the Funkasaurus in there!

I think that they may have missed a trick by not setting qualifying matches for this, purely because it adds legitimacy to the entrants. Khali - what exactly has he done to merit a title shot?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

sodhat wrote:
the-gaffer wrote:I think they should have had a wild card entry to the Chamber, get McIntyre in it and while he'd still be out within the first 3 he could have a performance that would have at least gained him respect and helped re-build his credibility, this then would have allowed him to stake a claim in Mania's MitB

To simple?

I'm shocked that they didn't throw the Funkasaurus in there!

I think that they may have missed a trick by not setting qualifying matches for this, purely because it adds legitimacy to the entrants. Khali - what exactly has he done to merit a title shot?

He changed a light bulb in Teddy's office than no-one else could reach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 02 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

Would you trust him to though? He'd crush it like big Lenny

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

Josh Matthews interviews Randy Orton backstage to hype his match against Randy Orton that is coming up next.

This match I'd love to see

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:45 pm

I'm done with those kind of matches after Taker vs Taker back in 94

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 5:58 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'm done with those kind of matches after Taker vs Taker back in 94

That was a classic.

Orton v Orton couldn't hold a candle to it.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 02 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

I wonder if one Orton would wear purple

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:57 pm

I don't think Orton would put Orton over. He would definitely get Orton fired for messing up 1 move.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 Feb 2012, 11:35 pm

Orton has far to much political clout to have Randy Orton get him fired

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:01 pm

I enjoyed Smackdown this week. Only urine take is that Kahli is in the chamber match.

Shaemus vs Cody was a great match as was the main event between Orton and Barret.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm

The Brodus Clay squash of Heath Slater wasn't aired.

THANK GOD.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 04 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

Yeah I noticed they dropped that, was it because Slater after the pin just rolled out and no sold it?

I just fast forwarded through the Orton Barrett stuff, same Shacktar different day

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Sat 04 Feb 2012, 6:25 pm

the main event Orton/Barrett , Barrett forgot a spot I think , Randall was on the barricade and Wade just crawled off. Maybe forgetting a spot?
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:49 pm

Barrett wins the elimination chamber, though he wins it by entering last, beating Orton, who entered 1st. Gets Barrett over, and saves Ortons rep.

Sheamus will put his main event spot on the line against Henry at EC, and he will prevail.

So everything will be set for a Barrett v Sheamus match at Mania, though Orton will somehow wriggle into the main event, and it sill be a triple threat. Not sure how he will wriggle into it though, there's various ways they can go about it though.

They could go with Bryan instead of Barrett as the Heel Champion, but it makes no sense, Barrett has a massive rivalry with Orton, and he's had a few run in's with Sheamus over the past month. Were as DB has no recent feud history with either Orton or Sheamus. Plus I think Barrett would be a far more credible heel champion, as he's a reasonably big guy, and his mic skillls are head and shoulders above Bryan's, he would realy get some heat off the crowd as Champion. His arrogance realy winds the crowd up now, imagine how much heat he could get with the World title around his waist to brag about, he would be close to unbareable.

I'd be suprised if any of my predictions are far wrong.

Last edited by DDT on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 05 Feb 2012, 11:56 pm

I'll be surprised if you're anywhere near it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:21 am

Well Gaffer I may be wrong, maybe you could let me know who you believe will be Sheamus's opponent, or maybe opponents, I think the Jericho v Punk match is nailed on, and I can't be having DB as a heel champion going into mania. The guy has no credibility as a champ. Barrett would be a far better heel champion, he is brilliant on the mic, and he's a more credible competitor.

Even though Barrett lost the other night, you did genuinely get the feeling that Barrett is a match for Orton, and Orton is probably the benchmark on Smackdown these days.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down