The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist

+7
No1Jonesy
88Chris05
eddyfightfan
John Bloody Wayne
Scottrf
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Benelio
11 posters

Go down

International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist Empty International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist

Post by Benelio Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:00 pm

Eddie Hearn has mentioned about a potential upcoming international version of Prizefighter Heavyweights coming in May. Prizefighter has had international competitors in the past, but it's suggested that this will be more so, and possibly with some well-known names mixed in with a few up and comers.

So here's a list of names that I wouldn't mind seeing in it. Not necessarily incredible fighters in their prime, but ones that I think might be up for it and could benefit from a boost, and a mix that would make for an interesting contest.

Evander Holyfield
Antonio Tarver
Audley Harrison
Albert Sosnowski
David Tua
James Toney
Kevin Johnson
Tom Dallas

Ok, so it's a list of people who've either screwed up, dwindled, or are progressing slowly. Anyone got a better mix that's still achievable?

Benelio

Back to top Go down

International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist Empty Re: International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 21 Mar 2011, 10:49 pm

Dereck Chisora
Chris Arreola
Tyson Fury
Alexander Povetkin
Ruslan Chagaev
Albert Sosnowski
Evander Holyfield
Antonio Tarver

It's such a poor weight but a decent mix of guys of ages and stages in their careers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist Empty Re: International Prizefighter Heavyweights Wishlist

Post by Scottrf Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:03 pm

You guys are aiming too high, the pot wont be big enough to get guys of that calibre.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

It's sad that Holyfield is STILL in better shape than any of them.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Mon 21 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm

Yeah, I guess they'd want more than 8k each to take part in the semis. Maybe if American TV picks it up (seems like more ESPN's type of thing) then the prize money could go up. Surely the guys mentioned are mostly earning sub 50k purses these days apart from when they're challenging for titles. Maybe 20k, 40k, 60k for each stage, plus 100k for the winner. That's 320k total if i've worked it out in my head properly. That's feasible isn't it? Maybe looking at half a mil plus to put the whole thing on. Make Audley pay for it! Wink

I think Eddie Hearn mentioned on Steve Bunce's podcast that they might naming four of the fighters soon, possibly at the super middleweight contest on wednesday. So we'll see if any of the 'names' above are in it.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:41 am

i would actively avoid paying/watching anything with fraudley harrison

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:59 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i would actively avoid paying/watching anything with fraudley harrison

I suspect a lot of people would be saying exactly the same; however, I also suspect a lot of those people would relent soon after, even if it's only in the hope of seeing him outclassed and knocked out again.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by No1Jonesy Tue 22 Mar 2011, 11:08 am

For the prize fighter format I would prefer quick explosive with a hint of a suspect chin rather then durable skillful fighters like Holyfield (even at this late stage of his career he's more of a pugilist) as it is simply too short a fight to appreciate what he can do

So:

Sam Peter
Chris Arreola
Dave Tua
Ruslan Chagaev
Derek Chisora
Alexander Povetkin
Hasim Rahman
Audley Harrison - because it would be fun

No1Jonesy

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 11:35 am

I'd like to see Tyson Fury in it and realistically maybe:

David Tua
Jameel McCline
Helenius
Kubrat Pulev (tbh not know much about him but on rings top 10, so needs more exposure)
David Price
An old guy that needs money - Holyfield, Botha etc

and of course Audley Harrison who would no doubt fulfil his destiny and win the tournament

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Wed 23 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

Audley Harrison confirmed he isn't in it via twitter. 'Too soon' .... or words to that effect.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

Benelio wrote:Audley Harrison confirmed he isn't in it via twitter. 'Too soon' .... or words to that effect.

That must have pleased all four of his followers.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

Benelio wrote:Audley Harrison confirmed he isn't in it via twitter. 'Too soon' .... or words to that effect.

What a shame I thought it was going to be his destiny.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 23 Mar 2011, 6:57 pm

He is the Prizefighter king after all
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 Mar 2011, 7:03 pm

What is the prize for winning he international prizefighter? A beating by the Hayemaker, about £1m quid and more TV time than you have ever deserved. You can also have Johnny Nelson as a cheerleader.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 23 Mar 2011, 7:11 pm

Thats the prize for the normal Heavyweight Prizefighter i think Prettyboy, i think the international one gives you a crack at both Klitschko brothers titles.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 23 Mar 2011, 7:33 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Thats the prize for the normal Heavyweight Prizefighter i think Prettyboy, i think the international one gives you a crack at both Klitschko brothers titles.

Maybe they will throw in Glenn 'I don't know what the he's saying' McCrory just for good measure then to give you a cheerleader for each brother you fight
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 23 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

derek chisora
povetkin
adamek
arreora
solis
dimitrenko
tua
holyfield

chisora would probably be out of his depth, but best hope for britain atm (minus haye)

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 Mar 2011, 9:36 pm

Pac would ask them all to boil down to 154lbs and claim to be the best ever after knocking out some walking corpses.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:26 am

Eddie Hearn said on sky last night they would make an announcement on Friday. Not holding out to much hop for this it is a very weak division and unbeaten guys like Fury won't enter due to the unpredictable nature of the tournament. This would have been better at most weights only cruiserweight could have been worse than heavyweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:44 am

Some rumours in tinterweb land that Hearn has been in talks with the following:

Hasim Rahman
Vinny Maddalone
Kevin Johnson
Michael Sprott
Sam Sexton
Mike Perez

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:05 am

if thats true then very weak, rahman for the win.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 24 Mar 2011, 11:30 am

Benelio wrote:Some rumours in tinterweb land that Hearn has been in talks with the following:

Hasim Rahman
Vinny Maddalone
Kevin Johnson
Michael Sprott
Sam Sexton
Mike Perez

wouldn't be suprised very poor
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Mon 28 Mar 2011, 6:21 pm

Names confirmed today:

Martin Rogan 14(7)-2(2)-0
Kevin Johnson 24(10)-1-1
Richael Hersisia 32(25)-3(1)-0
Konstantin Airich 16(13)-3(2)-2
Mike Perez 13(10)-0-0

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 7:44 pm

Benelio wrote:Names confirmed today:

Kevin Johnson 24(10)-1-1
Mike Perez 13(10)-0-0

Who?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 28 Mar 2011, 7:56 pm

Kevin Johnson put everybody to sleep bar his opponent when he got a shot at Klitchko, and Rogan's best scalp begins with A and ends with Farce.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 28 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Kevin Johnson put everybody to sleep bar his opponent when he got a shot at Klitchko, and Rogan's best scalp begins with A and ends with Farce.

So its gonna be a humdinger then full of exciting names and fights. Shocked

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Mon 28 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Well, it's a shame that name-wise it's lacking. In fact it's only a little bit better than a regular prizefighter in that regard, with the main difference being that the fighters are from all over. That said, it seems that with the exception of Johnson, most of those guys are come forward fighters who can bang a bit. So it might actually make for a good event.

I still hope Hearn can come up with another couple of name fighters. I think prizefighter is a good step forward for getting boxing popular with the public again. Not replacing 'real' 12 round bouts, but complementing them nicely. So, the more appeal this contest can get outside of Great Britain, the better for boxing as far as I'm concerned.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 29 Mar 2011, 12:58 pm

Yeah not exactly lighting the world on fire but i suppose it's a start.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 29 Mar 2011, 1:27 pm

Benelio wrote:Names confirmed today:

Kevin Johnson 24(10)-1-1
Mike Perez 13(10)-0-0

Out of them I'd go for Perez to win it.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down