The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTERNATIONAL PRIZEFIGHTER!

4 posters

Go down

INTERNATIONAL PRIZEFIGHTER! Empty INTERNATIONAL PRIZEFIGHTER!

Post by oxring Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

Prizefighter has been OK for boxing. Not brilliant - but not awful either. Without prizefighter would we have had Rogan's meteoric rise to fame and fortune? Equally, you could say that without Rogan Haye wouldn't have fought Harrison...

However - I think this is a REALLY great addition from Maloney.

Fighters involved at the Alexandra Palace event, May 7th thus far are:

Sprott
Kevin "kingpin" Johnson
Mike Perez (irish based Cuban, 13(10)-0)
Konstantin Airich (16(13) - remember the fight with Williams where Ohner rang the bell half way through a round?
Richel Hersisa (lots of KOs, but losses to Audley and Bydenko).

That's a pretty good matchup to be fair! Will be nice to see Johnson in action. He was awful against Vitali, a fight where he was unbelievably passive. In fairness to the guy, though, he CAN fight. He seems just to choose not to.

The others all seem to have been picked based upon their KO ratios. Most records appear to have dynamite in their fists - but losses to sub-standard fighters as well. Either way - it should be exciting.

May 7th. Who's watching?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

INTERNATIONAL PRIZEFIGHTER! Empty Re: INTERNATIONAL PRIZEFIGHTER!

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:41 pm

Was never a exciting about this their is no depth at the weight. Poor fighters. I will watch and do enjoy prizefighter but like to see up and coming fighters in it rather than old men looking for a paycheque
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:06 pm

Johnson was meant to be the future of the division for a time.

Perez, meanwhile, is only 25 - BUT - he has hardly fought anyone with a winning record.

He IS, however a southpaw, in shape, with VERY fast hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DDt5jthwFE (if you fancy a laugh, listen to the commentary where they insist he's Tyson reborn)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUg3HFFJdZQ&feature=related (this is the second time he fought on the same show - he beat someone in 48 seconds first up).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ismaikel_P%C3%A9rez

Make no mistake - this is not an old guy looking for a payday.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

Looks like Martin Rogan has pulled out citing ring rust:

http://news.boxrec.com/news/2011/martin-rogan-opts-out-international-prizefighter

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue 05 Apr 2011, 8:02 pm

I was hoping they'd have got the colourful, talented but inactive Malik Scott in this and maybe they still can. Though he seems to be embroiled in some contract wrangles which are stalling his career.

Travis Walker would be good additions aswell as he brings the hard punch and fragile chin.

If we were too truly make this International then I'd have liked to have seen an Oceania representative in the form of Alex Leapai or Bowie Tupou.

Pity Michael Sprott is in this rather than a younger UK fighter like Tom dallas or David Price.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:24 am

It would have been nice to see an upcoming British prospect, rather than a veteran like Sprott. However, I think Sprott has been looking good as of late. He was doing a number on a one armed Audley until that final round. Jim Evans seems like a decent trainer, and the sparring with the klitschkos seems to have benefitted him greatly. He was a little scrappy in the last Prizefighter, but I think was just overly keen to win it and make an impression.

I think Sprott definitely has a chance of winning this.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down