The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English posters are you getting nervous?

+10
Liam
Demon Racer
king_carlos
liverbnz
GG
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Pal Joey
Stella
eirebilly
Biltong
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

English posters are you getting nervous? Empty English posters are you getting nervous?

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 am

Just for fun and to put some added pressure on me english mates.

You will soon be playing a two test series vs Sri Lanka

Ourselves will be embroiled in a tussle with the Balck Caps.

Here are the possible outcomes of the series and the resultant ICC test rankings.

England wins 2-0 - ranking points - 120
England wins 1-0 - ranking points - 119
England draw 1-1 - ranking points - 116
England lose 0-1 - ranking points - 114
England lose 0-2 - ranking points - 113

SA wins 3-0 - ranking points - 119
SA wins 2-0 - ranking points - 117
SA wins 1-0 or 2-1 - ranking points - 116
SA draw 1-1 or 0-0 - ranking points - 113
Sa lose 0-3 - ranking points - 107
SA lose 0-2 - ranking points - 108
SA lose 1-2 od 0-1 - ranking points - 110.

Sooooooooo, are ya nervous. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

English posters are you getting nervous? Empty Re: English posters are you getting nervous?

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:55 am

Nope but you must be Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

English posters are you getting nervous? Empty Re: English posters are you getting nervous?

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:58 am

Nope. zen
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:24 am

I don't care too much for rankings, so no Very Happy
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:32 am

Stella wrote:I don't care too much for rankings, so no Very Happy

I know they are out there, being worried about us taking their spot earlier this year, come out, come out, where ever you are!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:39 am

What happens when we thump you 3-0 this summer?

Whistle
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

I think both teams will be on the exactly the same number of points at the end of those Series.

Meanwhile, the sleeping giant Australia will slowly rise to 114 or thereabouts... with a clinical white-washing of the Windies at home. Whistle

...not that I care much for the rankings either. No one will ever top 142, right? Headscratch

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am

Stella wrote:What happens when we thump you 3-0 this summer?

Whistle

Then I cry a little Cry , go for therapy zen , and then I come back and rag you all over again. English posters are you getting nervous? 3933776953
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:08 am

But, if we beat you AGAIN in your backyard, I will just rag you all the time. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 am

rag?

Petty there isn't five tests, hey biltong.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:33 am

Yeah, that is ridiculous, we don't often get to play 4 or 5 test series, have no idea why.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

The bleedin Aussies are starting to get confident again...

I will tell you biltong, if SA go to number one then the rankings dont interest me. If England stay number one then they do Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Yep, these damn Ozzies.

Billy if we get to number one, I will request that they give it back to you on our next away tour to Oz. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:12 pm

huh, pretenders to the throne. The lot of you. You both fear us more than we fear you. Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Good man biltong OK

Damn it, breaker is lurking Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 pm

don't worry billy, it is only false bravado.

He doesn't believe it himself, trying too hard. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 pm

You both know I'm right. I can tell from the tone of your false claims to "no.1"
Billy knows what I'm talking about I'm sure. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Yeah, breaker is just an Aussie, we have to accept his false bravado Run
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Linebreaker wrote:You both know I'm right. I can tell from the tone of your false claims to "no.1"
Billy knows what I'm talking about I'm sure. Smile

Cheeky monkey Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:53 pm

ha ha. I wouldn't be nervous in the slightest. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Im predicting a 1-0 to england and a 2-0 to Safrica.

Im more nervous about them coming to blighty in the summer. Kallis vs Bopara ? Hmmm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Kallis vs Bopara ? Hmmm

Bopara average vs WI - 118.
Kallis average vs WI - 74.

'Nuff said.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

Really looking forward to the summer. England haven't had a tight series since I can't remember when...Ashes 09 was it? I suspect this one will be tight.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:15 pm

eirebilly wrote:The bleedin Aussies are starting to get confident again...

I will tell you biltong, if SA go to number one then the rankings dont interest me. If England stay number one then they do Wink

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:22 pm

eirebilly wrote:The bleedin Aussies are starting to get confident again...

Laugh Seems to be the upside of the rankings for everyone as far as I can see!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:25 pm

The woeful NZ batting line up will be no match for the pace battery we will unleash on them. They won't be getting cheap runs like they feasted on against ZIM. Easy 3-0 whitewash.

SL vs ENG will be 1-0 SL. They will play 3 spinners and England will crumble...again.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 pm

James Pattinson will certainly be a handful in English conditions. The SA series in summer is huge, it will be Englands toughest Test so far, but for me at home they will be too strong for SA. Tight, very tight series, can't see much between the two, so i'm going to sit on the fence and say 3-0 England OK

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:34 pm

martyr_94 wrote:James Pattinson will certainly be a handful in English conditions. The SA series in summer is huge, it will be Englands toughest Test so far, but for me at home they will be too strong for SA. Tight, very tight series, can't see much between the two, so i'm going to sit on the fence and say 3-0 England OK
We won't get whitewashed, that is certain. Unlike India we can bowl any side out cheaply, and England's batting is far from very fearful. 1-2 SA.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

On a more serious note...

I'll go SA 2-1 and a 1-1 draw in SL.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

There are usually a few draws in Sri Lanka.

Reckon one result , which could be either way , will decide that (silly) 2 Test series.

SA to win in NZ , but no whitewash - rain will surely kill at least one match.

And rankings are probably going to be close and not very meaningful for a while as I don't think any team is that superior at present.

But at least they serve as something else to argue about Very Happy

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Nah can't wait, it's going to be a great series
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:32 pm

no need to get nervous Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:27 pm

SA beat NZ 2-1 in the series. England edge past SL 1-0 thanks to some inspired bowling. Then England destroy WI 3-0 and SA 2-0. South Africa's batting holds no fears in English conditions.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Even though the England SA series is away for us, I will be surprised if it isn't a close fought series.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:36 pm

biltongbek wrote:Even though the England SA series is away for us, I will be surprised if it isn't a close fought series.

Yeah I think it will be close and fantastic. Can wait to see your pace attack vs ours
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm

I think Marchant de Lange will get an opportunity with Philander, Steyn and Morkel.

That will be some fast bowling to enjoy. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:49 pm

As great as they are, I'd still stick with Braod, Anderson and Finn atm. Bresnan et al. in the wings waiting. Just hope KP's rediscovery of form can last and transfer into the Tests.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Duty281 wrote:SA beat NZ 2-1 in the series. England edge past SL 1-0 thanks to some inspired bowling. Then England destroy WI 3-0 and SA 2-0. South Africa's batting holds no fears in English conditions.
SL batsmen getting back into form. They've destroy Swann and Panesar. They'll win the series 2-0

Beating the Windies is as meaningless as beating Bangladesh.

SA batting holds no fears in England? Graeme Smith loves batting in England. AB averages 64 in England and Amla 45...

Damn sight better than Pietersen or Trott in SA...

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:48 pm

i hope to see James Taylor in the side for the south africa series!

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:49 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:As great as they are, I'd still stick with Braod, Anderson and Finn atm. Bresnan et al. in the wings waiting. Just hope KP's rediscovery of form can last and transfer into the Tests.
Steyn is twice as good as any other fast bowler in the World. I wouldn't swap Philander, Morne or de Lange for anyone.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:51 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:As great as they are, I'd still stick with Braod, Anderson and Finn atm. Bresnan et al. in the wings waiting. Just hope KP's rediscovery of form can last and transfer into the Tests.

KP's test form has been fine!

he averaged 80 in 2011 in tests!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:52 pm

Demon Racer wrote:
Duty281 wrote:SA beat NZ 2-1 in the series. England edge past SL 1-0 thanks to some inspired bowling. Then England destroy WI 3-0 and SA 2-0. South Africa's batting holds no fears in English conditions.
SL batsmen getting back into form. They've destroy Swann and Panesar. They'll win the series 2-0

SA batting holds no fears in England? Graeme Smith loves batting in England. AB averages 64 in England and Amla 45...

eh, we'll see. Suffice to say we are not getting nervous
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

I meant specifically the next tests, he was not batting fantastically in the Pakistan Test matches so I hope he plays like he did in the last couple of one-dayers and not like he did in those tests
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:54 pm

Demon Racer wrote:
Steyn is twice as good as any other fast bowler in the World.

Hyperbole for the win
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:55 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

He averaged 110 vs India, terrible against everyone else...

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:

Hyperbole for the win
Find another fast bowler averaging 5 wickets per match, at 23 runs a piece. Not mickey mouse Anderson and co.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 pm

with the spin bowling issue now..

Tahir is a match winner just settling into test cricket etc...

but against in england where it dosent really spin, do you think they will go for a defensive spinner in harris and attack with the quicks

or

with england clearly struggling against spin, go for attacking tahir?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Demon Racer wrote:

Judging by the increasingly aggressive nature of your posts, I'll sense that you are nervous. SL batsmen getting back into form? Not a single score of above 350 made in their last Test Series against South Africa. 1-0, maybe 2-0 England

As for Eng v Sa, last time 1-1 in South Africa 2009 - England have improved since then plus this series is in England. I'll enjoy watching Anderson, Broad and Swann tear you apart. I'll enjoy our batting pile up centuries for fun. I'll enjoy us winning by an innings. I'll enjoy being no.1.

Not nervous one bit.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Duty last time in SA could just as well have been 3-1 to SA, the Durban test you beat us solidly as every other team has done over the last 4 incoming tours.

However, Steyn came back from injury and only the resilience of you tail saved you in the other two tests you drew.

We are also stronger than the last time we beat you in England.

In 2008 our bowling depth was depleted and was it not for a 10 wicket haul for Ntini in the Lords test he wouldn't have meant much on that tour.

In 2010 we had Steyn and Morkel and nothing else, Steyn was coming back from injury.

This time round we will have 4 on form fast bowlers, plus Tsotsobe as a back up.

The most important aspect not to be ignored, this time when we get to England, we will have played cricket since december last year, in 2010, we didn't play for 10 minths before you arrived. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Demon Racer wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
Demon Racer wrote:

Hyperbole for the win
Find another fast bowler averaging 5 wickets per match, at 23 runs a piece. Not mickey mouse Anderson and co.

Youre right, the next best bowler averages 2.5 wickets at 46, he really is twice as good as everyone else. No hyperbole here.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next