The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's talk Proska

+5
hampo17
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Let's talk Proska Empty Let's talk Proska

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:03 pm

Proska steps out on the undercard of Brook v Hatton this weekend against Hope (who ironically has none). Anyone that saw the Sylvester fight knows that Proska is one of the best talents around. Fast hands, southpaw stance, very stylish in the ring. I honestly think at Middleweight he would beat Barker, Macklin and Murray already.

As a Pole living in the UK he will have a good support from migrants who came over. Can't wait to see him in action again, could be a star in the making.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Let's talk Proska Empty Re: Let's talk Proska

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:13 pm

Super impressed so far beaten a lot of Tomato cans but looked fantastic against Sebastian Sylvester, switch hits and isn't your typical Euro-type fighter, moves fluidly and has his hands low, nothing mechanical about him, couple more fights and he could be in line for a World Title fight, seems like a bit of a step back against this Hope but I'm sure it's more of a "Notice this guy" fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:17 pm

I was very impressed with how he dissected Sylvester. I know he's not the best boxer to gauge talent but it was an impressive performance I which has catapulted him into easily into the top 10.

I also agree he has the beatings of Barker, Macklin and Murray.

I think he's in the who needs him club at the moment and will probably have to fight to be a mandatory before he gets a shot.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:22 pm

Have not seen him yet but cheers for the top Sean, am going Saturday so will make a point of trying to catch him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm

Just found out that Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam is fighting for the interim WBO Middleweight belt, with the full champion being Pirog.

I think Hassan v Pirog looks like a tasty fight.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Haven't seen him but just had a look at his record on boxrec and seems he doesn't mind travelling, last three fights have been in Spain, Hungary and Germany.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:51 pm

rowley wrote:Have not seen him yet but cheers for the top Sean, am going Saturday so will make a point of trying to catch him.

You are in for a treat Rowley, report back what he looks like in the flesh (stylistically of course). Looks a good card this saturday.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 14 Mar 2012, 12:52 pm

hampo171 wrote:Haven't seen him but just had a look at his record on boxrec and seems he doesn't mind travelling, last three fights have been in Spain, Hungary and Germany.

Hoping he will settle in England now. Makes sense, big Polish following, decent promotion and many UK Middles for him to go up against.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Mar 2012, 1:01 pm

Poland appear to be getting right behind boxing recently following on from the Germans, the Russians by the sounds of it (Along with Football) are throwing a fair bit of cash at Boxing also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Wed 14 Mar 2012, 5:22 pm

Agree he has the beating of the British trio....would fancy him against Pirog, Sturm, Geale and to a lesser extent Chavez but i dont think he is ready for Golovkin or Martinez YET
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 15 Mar 2012, 10:19 am

I think him VS Pirog or Martinez in perhaps the next year would be some sensational scenes. He has to prove himself first against one of the lesser champions like Sturm, Geale, or the 2 Brits Macklin and Barker.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Mar 2012, 9:17 am

Would just like to thank everyone on this thread for making me look a fool on Saturday night, having not seen Proska before I took a chance and believed the good folk on here and spent the evening Saturday telling TSMR and my friends that we simply had to watch Proska and he was a star in the making, that went well, thanks again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:26 am

Well, well, well. So much for the "ironic" Mr "Hope". Looks as if though Proska isnt quite as good as people make out. I too, Rowley, watched the fight with interest thinking he was the next best thing the way people were saying. Hmmmm.......... Rolling Eyes

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 19 Mar 2012, 10:45 am

The cut really upset him. Fair play to hope I did think Prsoka nicked it but it was tight. He is supposed to be a big puncher but he never really looked like he had a stoppage in him.

All those people saying he would beat Barker, Murray and Macklin on the basis that he was to good for a very average Sylvester look a bit stupid now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

rowley wrote:Would just like to thank everyone on this thread for making me look a fool on Saturday night, having not seen Proska before I took a chance and believed the good folk on here and spent the evening Saturday telling TSMR and my friends that we simply had to watch Proska and he was a star in the making, that went well, thanks again.

Jeez! haha, sorry Rowley, honestly didn't see that coming, he was well out of sorts. How was the night otherwise?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

Other than being humiliated thanks in no small part to you Sean it was a good night and if there was a saving grace at least the Proska fight was a good un.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:48 pm

Haha, man, i feel bad. Seriously go back and watch him dismantle Sylvester in 3. Pure class that night, this was ridiculous. Haven't seen Brook yet, how was he?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Mar 2012, 1:57 pm

Won at a canter and pretty much a shut out, if you wanted to be hyper critical you would say Hatton was in survival mode from about the half way stage and it would have been nice to see Brook step on the gas a bit to try and force the stoppage but not sure how much you can criticise a guy for failing to do what Alvarez could not manage

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

True, and at Hattons natural 147 pounder too. Brook v Jones, has to happen. Battle of prospects then next year a world title strap.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down