The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

+20
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
ONETWOFOREVER
Double Jab
monty junior
rycoys
trottb
Super D Boon
oxring
bhb001
Steffan
ShahenshahG
eddyfightfan
Mind the windows Tino.
Valero's Conscience
azania
88Chris05
Rowley
manos de piedra
Ronikara
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 2 Empty Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by Ronikara Wed 04 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok so we all agree Haye underperformed against Wlad last summer and noone wants to go out on a defeat like that. But a number of experts believe he would have a better chance against the slower and more robotic Vitali. Even Haye has suggested this.

What I don't understand is why Haye doesn't want to launch a proper comeback. Instead of talking himself into a fight with Vitali, as he attempted and failed to do at the Chiosra press conference, why not do what Richard Schaffer suggested he should do immediately after the Wlad fight and take on a couple of fighters such as Chris Arreola/Dereck Chisora/Potvetkin build some momentum and some bargaining power with the Klitschko's before trying again. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that at the very least Haye is the best of the rest in the heavyweight division and would be able to dispatch the other contenders in explosive fashion. I also think he would stand a much better chance against Vitali than Wlad, and even in a rematch with Wlad would be able to give a much better account of himself. If after a couple of fights Haye and the K brothers can't agree terms, at least Haye will have gone out on a high and hopefully repaired some of the damage to his reputation with the fans who could watch Haye in fights where he isn't having to overcome 4-5 inches in height and 2 stone in weight, and can afford to take more chances.

What has he got to lose? If he hadn't "retired" last year, he could already have had those couple of fights by now and be much closer to a fight with Vitali than he is anyway. I for one hope we haven't seen the last of him in a boxing ring.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by Guest Wed 04 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

i would have much more respect for haye, if he didnt come out of retirement to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by azania Wed 04 Apr 2012, 8:22 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:I'd certainly pick Barret to beat at most 50% of K2 victims. I'll stick with 90% for Valuev and similar or perhaps slightly lower with Ruiz. The division is that bad. Solis was unfortunately injured and I believe he will turn out to be the best of the lot when he fully recovers and gets another shot.

Well what dos it say about Ruiz and Barrett that as bad a the division was they still hadnt been top ranked heavyweights for about 5 years when Haye fought them.

Even at their absolute best going back probably to the 2002 mark I wouldnt have much faith in their chances. Ruiz would have been ok maybe at times but Barrett was a hopeless boxer by even the worst imagineable heavyweight era.

The versions Haye beat though were just useless. Ruiz had lost every meaningful fight for about 5 years and Barrett had lost every meaningful fight for his entire career.

If by beating 90% or 50% of victims you are including the guys the Klitschkos fought on their way up then maybe (even then I wouldnt be sure) but if you mean the actual business/championship end of their careers then cant see it happening.

I suggest you stop my friend you may have hands of stone but he has a brain of stone. Only thing that can and judging by his posts has been affecting him is erosion.

Indeed, one cannot reason or argue with a man who's head is made of concrete!

Such wit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm

azania wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:I'd certainly pick Barret to beat at most 50% of K2 victims. I'll stick with 90% for Valuev and similar or perhaps slightly lower with Ruiz. The division is that bad. Solis was unfortunately injured and I believe he will turn out to be the best of the lot when he fully recovers and gets another shot.

Well what dos it say about Ruiz and Barrett that as bad a the division was they still hadnt been top ranked heavyweights for about 5 years when Haye fought them.

Even at their absolute best going back probably to the 2002 mark I wouldnt have much faith in their chances. Ruiz would have been ok maybe at times but Barrett was a hopeless boxer by even the worst imagineable heavyweight era.

The versions Haye beat though were just useless. Ruiz had lost every meaningful fight for about 5 years and Barrett had lost every meaningful fight for his entire career.

If by beating 90% or 50% of victims you are including the guys the Klitschkos fought on their way up then maybe (even then I wouldnt be sure) but if you mean the actual business/championship end of their careers then cant see it happening.

What is says is the complete and utter dearth of talent in the HW division that challengers that K2 have faced have even come near a top 10 ranking. 15 years ago not one of them would be anywhere near a title shot. Those eastern euro plodders would be on building sites between fights.

Such is the lack of talent that Ruiz is a so-called 3 time HW champ. Unbelievable. Such is the lack of talent that Sam Peters can have 2 shots at the title and even hold the WBC belt.

My point is that all of them are totally useless that a man like Valuev would possibly beat 90% of all K2 challengers. Thats my opinion and its not because Valuev et al are that good, its because the challengers have been that bad. Which is a total shame because I firmly believe that Wlad would hold his own in most eras and would have fought for the title in the 1970s.

If Valuev was capable of losing to Chagaev and Haye (two Klitschko opponents) then Im not sure what makes you confident he would have a 90% success rate. If we look at the championship years of the Klitschkos opponents then I dont see Valuev being a big favourite to beat the likes of Ibragimov, Solis, Peter, Byrd, Rahman, Chambers, Sanders. Add that to the ones hes already lost like Chagaev and Haye and I dont really see him a 90% success rate at all. Not saying he loses them all but if Chagaev can beat him then it doesnt inspire confidence that he would get through similar standard opposition with 90% success.

Im not saying the division was amazing either but Im saying the versions of Ruiz and Barrett that Haye beat were poor even by that standard - hence they hadnt been ranked in the top ten for about 5 years prior to Haye beating them.

Valuev is the only reasonable win on Hayes heavyweight ledger for me and while that singular name might be about the average standard of a Klitschko opponent it still doesnt put his resume anywhere near the Klitschkos.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:34 pm

What you're doing is comparing horse crap with cow crap and asking which smells worse. I reckon cow crap smells worse 90% of the time. But the underlying fact is that they both smell.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 04 Apr 2012, 10:47 pm

Well look it at it this way azania. If you take championship world title fights, Valuev didnt even have a 90% winning ratio over his own opposition which was considerably poorer than the Klitschkos.

He lost to Haye, he lost to Chagaev and then beat Ruiz x 2 in scrappy close fights, beat Holyfields corpse in a scrappy close fight, beat a crippled McCline and then KOed trash in Beck and Barret. Thats about 80% win ratio. You could probably throw in non titles wins over Donald and Liakhovitch possibly to bolster it. But its still pretty grim reading and doesnt lend itself well to having a 90% success ratio over better and more varied competition that the Klitschkos have.

If the basic point is that the division is short on talent I think everyone will agree. But the Klitschkos far outstrip the rest in ability and acheivement and I dont think Valuev would have similar level success to the Klitschkos by any stretch if they had not been around and I cant really see any basis for drawing parallels between Hayes or Valuevs reign and theirs simply on the basis that the division is weak.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:10 pm

Look at it this way also. Wlad/Vit's opponents have been equally woeful. I believe Valuev, given the current times, is actually a good win.

As I said, its like asking which stinks worse, horse or cow crap.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:16 pm

azania wrote:Look at it this way also. Wlad/Vit's opponents have been equally woeful. I believe Valuev, given the current times, is actually a good win.

As I said, its like asking which stinks worse, horse or cow crap.

Well I would have to disagree to a large extent on that. I think the Klitschkos opposition has been better than Valuevs or Haye by a clear margin overall. And more improtantly they managed to beat guys like Haye/Chagaev consistently which is not something Valuev was able to do.

The impression that I am getting is that you are saying:

1. The eras weak
2. Haye beat Valuev, Valuev beat Ruiz
3. These guys were similar to the Klitschkos opposition
4. Therefore whats the difference really?

If so I would have to disagree with that way of looking at things.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Jab Wed 04 Apr 2012, 11:26 pm

I don't post often but I can't take it anymore.

On no planet does Haye's record contend with the Klits records. I'm guessing Tyson Fury's win over Chisora would put his record up there too. Hey, maybe when he beats Rogan he'll be a nailed on ATG.

Give it a rest. OK

Double Jab

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:26 am

David should stay retired.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:42 am

azania wrote:Point missed by all again. My point is more a criticism of the HW scene than bigigng up Haye or criticisng k2. Dont jump to comclusions. Read what is written as opposed to coming to conclusions on what you think is written.

You are just to subtle for us simple folk Rolling Eyes

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:46 am

bhb001 wrote:
azania wrote:Point missed by all again. My point is more a criticism of the HW scene than bigigng up Haye or criticisng k2. Dont jump to comclusions. Read what is written as opposed to coming to conclusions on what you think is written.

Clearly so because I read the bit where you said His HW resume is no worse than K2 and I assumed you were suggesting Haye had no worse a resume at heavyweight than either one or both of the Klitschko brothers, my apologies if my tiny brain has managed to misinterpret this statement.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 05 Apr 2012, 7:58 am

rowley wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

Clearly so because I read the bit where you said His HW resume is no worse than K2 and I assumed you were suggesting Haye had no worse a resume at heavyweight than either one or both of the Klitschko brothers, my apologies if my tiny brain has managed to misinterpret this statement.

Its alright, not everyone can percieve the modern translation of The Odyssey between the letter K and the number 2. You just have to use a microscope and a microfilm with the Odyssey written on it to see it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:45 am

Double Jab wrote:I don't post often but I can't take it anymore.

On no planet does Haye's record contend with the Klits records. I'm guessing Tyson Fury's win over Chisora would put his record up there too. Hey, maybe when he beats Rogan he'll be a nailed on ATG.

Give it a rest. OK

Where abouts in Leeds you from?

To keep it on topic Az, you're talking twaddle.

K2 have fought Chagaev who actually beat Valuev, even by the ridiculous way you're ranking them that singular win over Chagaev is better than any of Hayes opponents alone, he was better than Gayes best win at HW and proved it. What can you even say to that? Can it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 8:46 am

And I genuinely meant to put Hayes, but I actually like the way it looks.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:16 am

rowley wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

And missed what was written immediately after that; after the hyphen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:21 am

His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

Still makes no difference, the brothers have beaten better opposition over a longer period, hence the claim his legacy is no worse is patently ridiculous, the fact they are both operating in a weak era is pretty much irrelevant. Anyway did vow not to get dragged in and aim to stick with that, is as stupid and pointless an argument as saying the sky is green and grass is blue, just because you are undoubtedly willing to argue it until blue in the face will not make it any less ridiculous.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:39 am

Haye didn't fight enough at heavyweight and as such has not created much of a legacy at HW. The Klischko's will be talked about in 100 years time even though what is said about them will come with some provisos.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:40 am

rowley wrote:His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

Still makes no difference, the brothers have beaten better opposition over a longer period, hence the claim his legacy is no worse is patently ridiculous, the fact they are both operating in a weak era is pretty much irrelevant. Anyway did vow not to get dragged in and aim to stick with that, is as stupid and pointless an argument as saying the sky is green and grass is blue, just because you are undoubtedly willing to argue it until blue in the face will not make it any less ridiculous.

Not wishing to provoke a response from Mr Rowley, I fully agree with his comments which echos mine earlier in the thread. There just isn't a comparison to be made

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:48 am

Doesn't all this debate just give more reason for Haye to come back and take on the likes of Povetkin/Solis/Chisora to shut the critics up and prove he was the main challenger to the Klitschko brothers during this era? I don't understand what Haye gains from standing back and shouting from the side lines.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 9:56 am

Ronikara wrote:Doesn't all this debate just give more reason for Haye to come back and take on the likes of Povetkin/Solis/Chisora to shut the critics up and prove he was the main challenger to the Klitschko brothers during this era? I don't understand what Haye gains from standing back and shouting from the side lines.

I think you're missing the point a little. We all generally agree that such a stratgy is the one we would like to see i.e. prove yourself to be the man to take on the man. However, Haye will not consider this and, by shouting from the sidelines, he hopes to jump everyone else and get a shot that he does not deserve. Given this as a proposal, I would prefer him to keep quiet in retirement, playing poker with his friend Audley.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:23 am

bhb001 wrote:

I think you're missing the point a little. We all generally agree that such a stratgy is the one we would like to see i.e. prove yourself to be the man to take on the man. However, Haye will not consider this and, by shouting from the sidelines, he hopes to jump everyone else and get a shot that he does not deserve. Given this as a proposal, I would prefer him to keep quiet in retirement, playing poker with his friend Audley.

Maybe I am missing the point because Haye's strategy makes no sense to me. Shouting from the sidelines isn't getting him anywhere and it is making it easier for the Klitschko brothers to ignore him. If he had just got in the ring after the Wlad fight he could have earned his shot by now anyway. Its not like it would have taken much. I can't understand why he won't consider this as a way forward. I may be in the minority here but I for one enjoy watching Haye box and it would be a tremendous waste of talent if he never sets foot in a boxing ring again or if he doesn't fight Vitali.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:51 am

He's made his millions and wanted to retire young with his looks and whatever brains he had in tact.

can't blame him but he was far more about money than legacy.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Double Jab Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:54 am

[quote="AlexHuckerby"]

Give it a rest. OK

Where abouts in Leeds from?

Living in chapel allerton at the moment, what about yourself?

Double Jab

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 05 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Haye should fight Chisora, that could take some time but by then the Klitschko's may have retired and he can resume his career properly. If people stopped giving him airtime on tv he would soon either start fighting or disappear, both an improvement on the present.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:46 pm

[quote="Double Jab"]
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Give it a rest. OK

Ah, cool very close to myself,I'm in Roundhay.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm

[quote="AlexHuckerby"]
Double Jab wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Give it a rest. OK

Did I miss the meeting where this forum became pletyoffish.com

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:52 pm

Well, if it worked for Ceej, Rowley....
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:55 pm

The possibility that clown may still be on there in one form or another is reason enough to avoid ever even considering going onto there, he was like a less amusing or charming version of D4

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:00 pm

Have to say, given your rave reviews of the man like the one above (and the many others I've seen) I'm a little gutted that I wasn't around on the old 606 when Ceej was working his magic! Seems as if a fun time was had by all...
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:04 pm

He was horrible Chris, argued till he was blue in the face and refused to acknowledge even the vague possibility he could be wrong no matter how compelling the evidence to the contrary, this would be about tolerable because he isn't the only one guilty of this, but would wind people up and then when they reacted run to the mods and get them banned, did for LRR and Hazharrison like that, don't hate anyone on a forum because its a forum and a sense of perspective is needed but he was a genuinely unpleasant person.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:31 pm

Ronikara wrote:
bhb001 wrote:

Maybe I am missing the point because Haye's strategy makes no sense to me. Shouting from the sidelines isn't getting him anywhere and it is making it easier for the Klitschko brothers to ignore him. If he had just got in the ring after the Wlad fight he could have earned his shot by now anyway. Its not like it would have taken much. I can't understand why he won't consider this as a way forward. I may be in the minority here but I for one enjoy watching Haye box and it would be a tremendous waste of talent if he never sets foot in a boxing ring again or if he doesn't fight Vitali.

I don't think that you are in the minority at all. It's given the talent he has that we all see as being wasted that brings out such passion in us all. Almost everyone on here will agree with you that he should have at least two other fights against top ten opponents before he he challenges Vitali.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:52 pm

rowley wrote:He was horrible Chris, argued till he was blue in the face and refused to acknowledge even the vague possibility he could be wrong no matter how compelling the evidence to the contrary, this would be about tolerable because he isn't the only one guilty of this, but would wind people up and then when they reacted run to the mods and get them banned, did for LRR and Hazharrison like that, don't hate anyone on a forum because its a forum and a sense of perspective is needed but he was a genuinely unpleasant person.

So Ceej was Az?

On topic, I think even some of the biggest Haye haters would cut him some slack if he beat an Arreola and a Povetkin and actually earned his shot, the reason it wont happen is because Haye isnt bothered about that. He either fights VK or he stays retired, it makes no difference to him, its just a bumper on Hayes pension fund, if it doesnt happen then its alright cos he's made enough money. Fact is mate Haye doesnt care. He was in it for the money and a bit of fame. He succeeded. He isnt interested in going about it the hard way through actually earning a shot. Must say if he were to take on two above I would be more than happy to get behind him, I would be rooting for him just for the fact that he seemingly wants to rebuild. But it wont happen.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:55 pm

rowley wrote:Did I miss the meeting where this forum became pletyoffish.com

This is what happens if you let a Yorkshireman become a mod. No more easygoing, laissez-faire...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

Ceej is another member of the old 606 that wherever he is right now I hope he is in a lot of pain

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

Steffan wrote:Ceej is another member of the old 606 that wherever he is right now I hope he is in a lot of pain

So much anger Steffan, the sun is in the sky, it's a long weekend, take some joy in life young man.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:58 pm

rowley wrote:His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

Well I disagree. I cant differentiate between abysmal and very abysmal. They're all abysmal.

You're reading too much into things. The fact that they're operating in a very weak era is very relevant. For one it lowers Wlad's legacy which imo for a superb boxer is sad that he operates in such a weak era.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:00 pm

[quote="rowley"]
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Double Jab wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Give it a rest. OK

Did I miss the meeting where this forum became pletyoffish.com

Come on Rowley us Yorkshiremen are a tad rare on here, we need to stick together!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:02 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:So Ceej was Az?

Can't remember if you were around to see his work - but the loss of LRR and hazharrison was inestimably grand. Both good contributors, both knew their stuff, both witty and entertaining at times. They went, but ceej somehow remained - and he really was vile.
AlexHuckerby wrote:On topic, I think even some of the biggest Haye haters would cut him some slack if he beat an Arreola and a Povetkin and actually earned his shot, the reason it wont happen is because Haye isnt bothered about that. He either fights VK or he stays retired, it makes no difference to him, its just a bumper on Hayes pension fund, if it doesnt happen then its alright cos he's made enough money. Fact is mate Haye doesnt care. He was in it for the money and a bit of fame. He succeeded. He isnt interested in going about it the hard way through actually earning a shot. Must say if he were to take on two above I would be more than happy to get behind him, I would be rooting for him just for the fact that he seemingly wants to rebuild. But it wont happen.

I have been accused of being a Haye "hater" many times - pbf insists that I have no sense of proportion where he is concerned and am unfairly biased against him.

If that is true and indeed I am a "hater" - I can confirm that if Haye were to make an obvious effort to gain a decent legacy and beat the top current challengers at HW I would cut him slack - even if he never fought another Klitschko. As you say Alex - he doesn't really care about his legacy - he has one eye on being an action movie superstar.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:Ceej is another member of the old 606 that wherever he is right now I hope he is in a lot of pain

So much anger Steffan, the sun is in the sky, it's a long weekend, take some joy in life young man.
My uncle actually calls me 'James Dean' and says its because I am the official angry young man of family and always have been Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:03 pm

A weak era may well lower Wlad's legacy, however nobody argued it didn't, hence why few put him in their top ten, however there is a difference between lowering it and putting it on a par with Haye's. Wlad has managed to dominate his weak era, Haye hasn't hence why the claim their legacy is no better is still ridiculous and will remain so to pretty much everyone but you it would appear.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:07 pm

oxring wrote:

Can't remember if you were around to see his work - but the loss of LRR and hazharrison was inestimably grand. Both good contributors, both knew their stuff, both witty and entertaining at times. They went, but ceej somehow remained - and he really was vile.
AlexHuckerby wrote:On topic, I think even some of the biggest Haye haters would cut him some slack if he beat an Arreola and a Povetkin and actually earned his shot, the reason it wont happen is because Haye isnt bothered about that. He either fights VK or he stays retired, it makes no difference to him, its just a bumper on Hayes pension fund, if it doesnt happen then its alright cos he's made enough money. Fact is mate Haye doesnt care. He was in it for the money and a bit of fame. He succeeded. He isnt interested in going about it the hard way through actually earning a shot. Must say if he were to take on two above I would be more than happy to get behind him, I would be rooting for him just for the fact that he seemingly wants to rebuild. But it wont happen.

I have been accused of being a Haye "hater" many times - pbf insists that I have no sense of proportion where he is concerned and am unfairly biased against him.

If that is true and indeed I am a "hater" - I can confirm that if Haye were to make an obvious effort to gain a decent legacy and beat the top current challengers at HW I would cut him slack - even if he never fought another Klitschko. As you say Alex - he doesn't really care about his legacy - he has one eye on being an action movie superstar.

Doesnt appear as though the offers have been teeming in. I saw him in some low budget production where he played some reckless loon who started throwing bottles and tripods, I wouldn't recommend it though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

rowley wrote:A weak era may well lower Wlad's legacy, however nobody argued it didn't, hence why few put him in their top ten, however there is a difference between lowering it and putting it on a par with Haye's. Wlad has managed to dominate his weak era, Haye hasn't hence why the claim their legacy is no better is still ridiculous and will remain so to pretty much everyone but you it would appear.

Who is putting Wlad's legacy on par with Haye's? Why make stuff up?

They both fought equally bad opponents. That is my point. Chag beat Valuev. For me it means nothing seeing as they are both slightly worse than useless.

I've said many times that when Wlad retires his stock will rise because people will realise just how good he was. Haye has next to zero legacy at HW, but his top wins are just as bad as Wlad's top wins.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

You said and I quote "His HW resume is no worse than K2." are you genuinely now trying to argue that me interpreting this as you saying Wlad's heavyweight legacy is on a par Haye's I am misrepresenting you or making stuff up?

You're beyond unbelievable, I am genuinely done with this now, if you are trying to wind me up well done mission accomplished, if not I genuinely feel for you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
oxring wrote:

Doesnt appear as though the offers have been teeming in. I saw him in some low budget production where he played some reckless loon who started throwing bottles and tripods, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Laugh Laugh - worth an laughing at least.

In fairness to Haye - if Plan B can become an action movie superstar then anyone can.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:28 pm

rowley wrote:You said and I quote "His HW resume is no worse than K2." are you genuinely now trying to argue that me interpreting this as you saying Wlad's heavyweight legacy is on a par Haye's I am misrepresenting you or making stuff up?

You're beyond unbelievable, I am genuinely done with this now, if you are trying to wind me up well done mission accomplished, if not I genuinely feel for you.

Now you are making stuff up. Total and utter misrepresentation. Another leap of faith based on what you think I wrote other than what was actually written.

Do me a favour, please be serious when you say you're done with me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:30 pm

Even if it were possible to construct a coherent argument as to Barret and Valuev being of comparable quality to anything on K2's CVs, it is still irrelevant regarding resume/legacy as Haye didn't fight/defend against them 20 times each.

Haye basically doesn't even have a HW resume having only fought at the weight 5 times.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:38 pm

azania wrote:Bit unkind to Haye re fixing fights. Is there proof of this (I genuinely dont know). His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

How in the name of god can I be misrepresenting what you wrote when I am quoting it direct Az, this is the original comment, devoid of editing, any italics or bold text added at a later date, please point out how I have jumped to the wrong conclusion in believing you are saying Haye's heayweight resume is no worse than K2's. To save you time I will do it for you, I haven't, you have done what you always do, say something ridiculous such as this or The Klitschko's make Don King look like Jesus and when someone calls you on it and shows it up for the nonsense it most patently is you wriggle and claim we have misquoted you or taken it out of context when the truth is you are talking nonsense, know deep down you are talking nonsense but lack the backbone to admit it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:45 pm

its all gone quiet on the haye klit front , which usually means there is some big news on the horizon ! so alot of questions in this thread will get awnserd !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:49 pm

Wladimir is fighting Thompson again on July 14 / 21, rycoys. Not sure what irons Vitali has in the fire.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:53 pm

My guess chris is he would look elsewhere, to the best of my knowledge Haye has still not spoken to the German police so doubt the authorities would welcome him with open arms to fight over there, the BBBC have said he would probably not get licenced was he to re-apply and the WBC have said they would not approve him as the next opponent. Given Sky are unlikely to be interested in PPV not sure there is enough money in the fight to overcome these obstacles or convince Vitali and his team the fight or money justifies the effort involved, given they seem fairly straight laced guys would doubt they would want to upset the apple cart to get it all sorted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next