The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

+20
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
ONETWOFOREVER
Double Jab
monty junior
rycoys
trottb
Super D Boon
oxring
bhb001
Steffan
ShahenshahG
eddyfightfan
Mind the windows Tino.
Valero's Conscience
azania
88Chris05
Rowley
manos de piedra
Ronikara
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 3 Empty Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by Ronikara Wed 04 Apr 2012, 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok so we all agree Haye underperformed against Wlad last summer and noone wants to go out on a defeat like that. But a number of experts believe he would have a better chance against the slower and more robotic Vitali. Even Haye has suggested this.

What I don't understand is why Haye doesn't want to launch a proper comeback. Instead of talking himself into a fight with Vitali, as he attempted and failed to do at the Chiosra press conference, why not do what Richard Schaffer suggested he should do immediately after the Wlad fight and take on a couple of fighters such as Chris Arreola/Dereck Chisora/Potvetkin build some momentum and some bargaining power with the Klitschko's before trying again. I don't think I'm alone in thinking that at the very least Haye is the best of the rest in the heavyweight division and would be able to dispatch the other contenders in explosive fashion. I also think he would stand a much better chance against Vitali than Wlad, and even in a rematch with Wlad would be able to give a much better account of himself. If after a couple of fights Haye and the K brothers can't agree terms, at least Haye will have gone out on a high and hopefully repaired some of the damage to his reputation with the fans who could watch Haye in fights where he isn't having to overcome 4-5 inches in height and 2 stone in weight, and can afford to take more chances.

What has he got to lose? If he hadn't "retired" last year, he could already have had those couple of fights by now and be much closer to a fight with Vitali than he is anyway. I for one hope we haven't seen the last of him in a boxing ring.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:Bit unkind to Haye re fixing fights. Is there proof of this (I genuinely dont know). His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

How in the name of god can I be misrepresenting what you wrote when I am quoting it direct Az, this is the original comment, devoid of editing, any italics or bold text added at a later date, please point out how I have jumped to the wrong conclusion in believing you are saying Haye's heayweight resume is no worse than K2's. To save you time I will do it for you, I haven't, you have done what you always do, say something ridiculous such as this or The Klitschko's make Don King look like Jesus and when someone calls you on it and shows it up for the nonsense it most patently is you wriggle and claim we have misquoted you or taken it out of context when the truth is you are talking nonsense, know deep down you are talking nonsense but lack the backbone to admit it.

I think the internet speak is.....pwned!! clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback?

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:02 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Wladimir is fighting Thompson again on July 14 / 21, rycoys. Not sure what irons Vitali has in the fire.

According to James Slater - who I tend to take as gospel in terms of world news - Sky poured cold water on the idea of a Haye-Vitali PPV affair - to Bernard Boente no less.

So maybe there are legs in the fight after all - given that Boente shouldn't be asking unless there was potential for a fight.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:04 pm

Vitali should do whatever it takes to get that chubby fraud Povetkin in the ring and get that belt off him, although Vitali would probably be immediately elevated to Super-Champ and Povetkin would fight Eddie Chambers or someone for his 'regular' strap.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:06 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:Bit unkind to Haye re fixing fights. Is there proof of this (I genuinely dont know). His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now.

How in the name of god can I be misrepresenting what you wrote when I am quoting it direct Az, this is the original comment, devoid of editing, any italics or bold text added at a later date, please point out how I have jumped to the wrong conclusion in believing you are saying Haye's heayweight resume is no worse than K2's. To save you time I will do it for you, I haven't, you have done what you always do, say something ridiculous such as this or The Klitschko's make Don King look like Jesus and when someone calls you on it and shows it up for the nonsense it most patently is you wriggle and claim we have misquoted you or taken it out of context when the truth is you are talking nonsense, know deep down you are talking nonsense but lack the backbone to admit it.

That means the HW scene is crap. I have said many times that I am not going to compare which smells worse, cow or horse turd as they both smell. How you ranted on about legacies only YOU know. Massive leap of faith nevertheles. Maybe its because your liking to find hairs to split. Who knows.

Cut the insults out also. Understand?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:07 pm

Az - cut it out mate.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:09 pm

rowley wrote:Don't bite Oxy, you're better than that.

Practice what you preach Rowley!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Legacy was a typo on my part, meant to say resume, so change my original comment to maintaining your claim that their resumes are comparable, which is the only conclusion to be drawn from your original comment, is ridiculous.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:11 pm

Super D Boon wrote:
rowley wrote:Don't bite Oxy, you're better than that.

Practice what you preach Rowley!

Yeah, suspect that horse may have bolted mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:15 pm

I can't believe this thread is still going! No offense to the OP, of course.

There is a excellent thread about a war hero further down the main page. At the moment it is less popular than a rowley thread on 1910's black middleweight which really is an injustice.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:17 pm

Union Cane wrote:Vitali should do whatever it takes to get that chubby fraud Povetkin in the ring and get that belt off him, although Vitali would probably be immediately elevated to Super-Champ and Povetkin would fight Eddie Chambers or someone for his 'regular' strap.

Believe that Pov is keen on rematching Huck - if Huck takes care of Afolabi.

Interestingly - this past week - Lebedev smashed some poor fellow in 2. RJJ was rapping before the start, promising that he is "going nowhere" (Sad). Then Chisora took the mic and promised that he has a big announcement for Moscow fight fans later in the year. Chisora Povetkin then?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going! No offense to the OP, of course.

There is a excellent thread about a war hero further down the main page. At the moment it is less popular than a rowley thread on 1910's black middleweight which really is an injustice.

"Self praise is no recommendation" - normally - however this is an exception. It is actually a good thread, read it and be moved.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't believe this thread is still going! No offense to the OP, of course.

Don't do yourself a disservice Tina, my Jeff Clarke thread got exactly four responses so it is currently equally as (un)popular

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:19 pm

Union Cane wrote:Az - cut it out mate.

Cut what out? If you look at this thread I have been subjected to abuse without response. And then you ask me to cut it out? Get a grip Jack.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:21 pm

rowley wrote:

Don't do yourself a disservice Tina, my Jeff Clarke thread got exactly four responses so it is currently equally as (un)popular

I thought it had got 5. Oh well, you live and learn.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

Ok, ignore a request from an administrator and keep doing it.

See where that gets you.

And if you could point out where you have been abused then I will look into it for you.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:

You're confusing it with Jack Blackburn which hit the magical five figure, although given two of those were from me suspect this is a bit of a pyrrhic victory

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

I personally think that Trevor Berbick's Heavyweight resumé is as good as Larry Holmes'. Doesn't matter that Berbick actually lost to Holmes, or that he only held a belt for a fraction of the time that Holmes did, or that he didn't beat as many legitimately ranked Heavyweight operators as Holmes did, you understand. It wasn't a great era in terms of big names, so therefore their resumés are equal.

Anyone who says that I'm saying that Berbick has a resumé which ranks alongside Holmes', however, is deliberately misinterpreting what I write, as I clearly didn't indicate that at all.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

rowley wrote:
You're confusing it with Jack Blackburn which hit the magical five figure, although given two of those were from me suspect this is a bit of a pyrrhic victory

Whoa there, cowboy. You are straying onto Oxy's turf with that one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

rowley wrote:

This thread ought to be locked now. 100 posters desperately trying to inject a dose of sense into one nutter is clearly not working.

Time to pull the plug. nope

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:28 pm

rowley wrote:Legacy was a typo on my part, meant to say resume, so change my original comment to maintaining your claim that their resumes are comparable, which is the only conclusion to be drawn from your original comment, is ridiculous.

Legacy was the leap of faith based on your prejudices. Not a typo. Their resumes are comparable imo because their opponents were dire. If you disagree then fine, no problem. Turd is turd no matter how you try and dress it up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:29 pm

azania wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Az - cut it out mate.

Cut what out? If you look at this thread I have been subjected to abuse without response. And then you ask me to cut it out? Get a grip Jack.

but I came here for an argument!!

OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is abuse!

Oh! Oh I see!

Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

Oh...Sorry...

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:30 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I personally think that Trevor Berbick's Heavyweight resumé is as good as Larry Holmes'. Doesn't matter that Berbick actually lost to Holmes, or that he only held a belt for a fraction of the time that Holmes did, or that he didn't beat as many legitimately ranked Heavyweight operators as Holmes did, you understand. It wasn't a great era in terms of big names, so therefore their resumés are equal.

Anyone who says that I'm saying that Berbick has a resumé which ranks alongside Holmes', however, is deliberately misinterpreting what I write, as I clearly didn't indicate that at all.

Difference is that Holmes actually beat some very good fighters. Name one good fighter Wlad beat. His best is Haye himself who is really not that good a HW. That Haye squeaked past Valuev speaks volumes. All have been dire bar none.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

rowley wrote:

Whoa there, cowboy. You are straying onto Oxy's turf with that one.

Let battle commence...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right lads - lets keep things simple shall we?

If in the next 15 minutes - we start discussing why Haye hasn't yet made a comeback - this thread stays open.

If in the next 15 minutes - we aren't discussing that - then it gets locked.

Last edited by oxring on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

I haven't started an arguement or provoked one. But its all about a typo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

"His HW resume is no worse than K2....such is the HW scene now."

In a stadium of 100,000 boxing fans including you.

99,999 people would disagree
1 person would agree

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

OK Az I apologise for any comments of mine that refer to legacy, but feel free to re-read any point I have made and replace the word legacy with resume, my point will remain exactly the same that Haye's can in no way shape or form be compared to the brothers and it is nonsense of the highest order to argue otherwise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:43 pm

rowley wrote:OK Az I apologise for any comments of mine that refer to legacy, but feel free to re-read any point I have made and replace the word legacy with resume, my point will remain exactly the same that Haye's can in no way shape or form be compared to the brothers and it is nonsense of the highest order to argue otherwise.

In terms of absurdity I think this is Azania's finest hour!

Why doesn't David Haye launch a comeback? - Page 3 4278589029 mo1 Chef steam ghost Yahoo drumroll

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:48 pm

More absured, I feel, that Jeff has somehow ended up needing to apologise in any way, shape or form to Az, despite being one hundred percent correct, while Az is as wrong as a very wrong person called Mr. Wrong, living on Wrong Street, on national wrong day, in the town of Wrongton, Wrongshire.

Anyway, I'd better button it now before a) I get myself in the sin bin, or b) Az complains of the great injustice which is afoot, as it's surely just a coincidence that he's always in the incredibly small minority on every single thread he ever contributes to.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:52 pm

I'm starting to suspect that he does it deliberately.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 05 Apr 2012, 3:54 pm

Think we're all done here. Thread locked.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3