The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye on BBC

+2
Scottrf
Gerflagenflople
6 posters

Go down

David Haye on BBC  Empty David Haye on BBC

Post by Gerflagenflople Sat 14 May 2011, 1:05 pm

Afternoon Guys,

Saw this on BBC breakfast and thought it went along way to repairing alot of the damage David has done to his reputation this week, what do you think?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/13388495.stm

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

David Haye on BBC  Empty Re: David Haye on BBC

Post by Scottrf Sat 14 May 2011, 1:20 pm

He didn't get a kiss.

Wlad takes this round.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 14 May 2011, 1:30 pm

I think it shows that he's not as stupid as some on here are saying. He knows the game he's in, knows how important the psychological factor is, and also knows that he has to sell the fight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sat 14 May 2011, 1:38 pm

I think he'll show him respect after the fight, if he doesn't then he is just a twerp but I could forgive him for not wanting to get too matey.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerflagenflople Sat 14 May 2011, 2:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:He didn't get a kiss.

Wlad takes this round.

That is true, but then Wlad is single and his standards have really dropped on the rebound Wink

I thought he did show respect to Wlad in terms of he acknowledges how dangerous he is, just that he doesnt want to get matey with this guy if he has to try and knock him out, seems fair enough to me.

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat 14 May 2011, 2:40 pm

I can totally see where haye is coming from when on Ringside he said he didnt want to be around wlad too much because he doesnt want to get too comfortable around him as it may detract from his aggression come fight night. Perfectly logical, this is a fight not a personality contest - haye is the underdog and needs to be 100% focused and mentally right - which I think he appears to be. To me he seems to mean serious business this time, no clowning, just focused. Thats because he knows how dangerous wlad is, what a tough fight it is and that, essentially, it is the defining night of his career. He had to talk smack in the lead up to harrison because it was a poor match-up that needed selling. This fight sells itself, I dont really care what haye does or doesnt say in the next 8 weeks - as long as he gets in the ring and knocks wlad the f*** out.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerflagenflople Sat 14 May 2011, 3:02 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote: I dont really care what haye does or doesnt say in the next 8 weeks - as long as he gets in the ring and knocks wlad the f*** out.

Amen.

Gerflagenflople

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Sat 14 May 2011, 3:40 pm

Have seen both Vlad and Haye's bbc breakfast interviews now, definitely think that Haye has come across the better. Hoping now that he will knock Vlad out, and then show vlad the respect due to him after the fight. Agree with Haye, that the time before the fight is not necessarily the time to be showing too much friendliness.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down