The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the end for david haye?

+8
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
seanmichaels
manos de piedra
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
rycoys
spencerclarke
12 posters

Go down

the end for david haye? Empty the end for david haye?

Post by spencerclarke Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

Evening all, apologies in advance for lowering the tone. But will I'm a celebrity do more damage for Hayes boxing career than his loss to wlad, toegate etc. Bearing in mind he is likely to lose a fair bit of weight in the jungle. If a vitali fight was viable this could set him back a number of months.

The other side of it we could actually find out his real character. Is he really like the image he portrays or is it all for show.

I wouldn't normally be bothered by this tat but with haye and Bristow in I may have a look

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

the end for david haye? Empty Re: the end for david haye?

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:26 pm

dont like him being in it but can only see it doing good for hes career , exposure and get non boxing intrested in hes potential vitali fight!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:28 pm

He seems a decent bloke when he's not trying to build up his fights so can't hurt his persona to the general public

They have a guy too I think whic could help but rice isn't enough to sustain his muscle so he could lose a lot of weight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong (not a big fan of so-called 'reality TV', as shocking as that may be!), but I believe that the series' of this 'I'm a Celebrity' yarn don't run for all that long, do they? Three weeks or something, is it? Haye's not going to be reduced from body-beautiful to emaciated weed in that time, and who knows, maybe he'll get voted out early as well.

It'll do his career no harm at all, don't you worry about that. If Peter Andre can drag his sorry rear out of a decade of adversity to score a few more awful hit singles and an equally dreadful TV show of his own all thanks to 'I'm a Celebrity', then there's no telling how far it will bring Haye on.

He does seem more interested in being a 'celebrity' rather than a great fighter these days, similarly to the caricature of Oscar De la Hoya which existed from the turn of the millenium onwards, and which was a stark contrast to the all-business and, at times, absolutely brilliant version which had existed beforehand.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:35 pm

I doubt he will be much different on the show. After all, its just a glorified pr excercise usually for publicity craving C listers.

I think its a bad idea if he wanted to be serious about a Klitschko fight but who knows, it may lead to some tabloid sponsoring him for some kind of celeb boxing showdown or exhibition that would earn him some easy money.

I would pefer to see him boxing myself.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

Yes not quite the same as a fight against a top ten heavyweight as I would have liked. But I'msure he will enjoy the column inches

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:52 pm

Cat cat doll is different gear. Old. Politician is filth as well

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Nov 2012, 9:59 pm

Good idea for Haye to do it....

Raises his profile......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:20 pm

Haye should have done mastermind instead.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 11 Nov 2012, 10:37 pm

It will raise his profile amongst the non boxing hardcore, which I guess could make for bigger numbers if he ever gets his backside back into a boxing ring. Even if he does fight again he's probably only looking at one or two maximum more bouts, so I suspect he's doing this to make his celebrity status more sustainable post retirement rather than thinking about numbers for a Vitali fight. I suspect he's not the type who wants to shrink into obscurity, nor does he love boxing enough to stay involved in a trainer/promotor etc capacity. He's trying to build his brand.

Personally he's gone down a lot in my estimation, the Audley farce, the cringey trash talking, his all talk no action display against Wlad, toegate and now I'm a Celebrity. Is he a boxer or some sort of circus clown? Been hard to tell over the last two years. He has talent, as he reminded us against Chisora, I just wish he'd put it to better use.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 12 Nov 2012, 7:33 am

If you glass someone on TV then you shouldn't be on TV. It doesn't matter that you did it to a pantomime villain. Have your fight, entertain us, square things up (check) then career over.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:06 am

88Chris05 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (not a big fan of so-called 'reality TV', as shocking as that may be!), but I believe that the series' of this 'I'm a Celebrity' yarn don't run for all that long, do they? Three weeks or something, is it? Haye's not going to be reduced from body-beautiful to emaciated weed in that time, and who knows, maybe he'll get voted out early as well.

It'll do his career no harm at all, don't you worry about that. If Peter Andre can drag his sorry rear out of a decade of adversity to score a few more awful hit singles and an equally dreadful TV show of his own all thanks to 'I'm a Celebrity', then there's no telling how far it will bring Haye on.

You seem to know an awful lot about the life and television work of Peter Andre for someone who doesnt watch this kind of tat Chris...

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

Laugh

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:17 pm

it'll raise his profile and set his training back a few weeks - and earn him a good pay day. he could be voted out first meaning he's made a healthy payday and not set his training back at all

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 12 Nov 2012, 12:31 pm

joeyjojo618 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (not a big fan of so-called 'reality TV', as shocking as that may be!), but I believe that the series' of this 'I'm a Celebrity' yarn don't run for all that long, do they? Three weeks or something, is it? Haye's not going to be reduced from body-beautiful to emaciated weed in that time, and who knows, maybe he'll get voted out early as well.

You seem to know an awful lot about the life and television work of Peter Andre for someone who doesnt watch this kind of tat Chris...

Ended my subscription with 'Boxing News' in favour of 'Hello' magazine, mate.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down