The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 9 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Beer Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

Revenue officers on Trains.

What a bunch of jumped up pr|cks!

I get the train everyday. I join at an unmanned training station, with ticket machines. Now, when i get on the train i make an effort to find a conductor and buy a ticket, but every so often when the train is packed i have to go through to the main station and ask to go through and buy a ticket. This is never a problem, they appreciate the issues with the station i join at and i always make sure to buy a ticket. However, this morning, instead of being waved through i was sent to the side to see the revenues officer, who is currently taking pleasure in handing out penalty fares to college kids.

Now, i'm not usually one to lose my temper over things in public. However, this revenues fella was clearly pushing his weight around. After asking me for my explanation, he didn't agree that the station would be busy, or that the train was overly crowded, despite it being a London commuter at 8am and was issuing me a penalty fare, which i promptly told him he could 'shove up his ass'. Not taking too kindly to my stance, he offered me the chance to go to court, which over £4.40 i kindly accepted, he asked me for my details which i provided, he then asked me to write them down; now, i get the train to work, the contents of my bag are headphones, lunch, a brolly and rubbish, not a pen and paper, so i asked him for for one, at which point my manners were brought into question?

This was where i started to get a bit p*ssed off with him.

I told him if he wanted my details he could provide me a pen and paper, rather than be an a**hole about the whole situation. Again, he didn't like this and heated words were exchanged. I was then told to get back on the train to my station and buy another ticket. At this point i told him to 'eff' off, i'll jump the barrier. Informed that i was on camera i decided to take my 15 seconds of fame and after leaping the barrier i gave a wave and a bow to the cameras.

The guards working the gates then called me over, asking me to calm the situation and explain my issue, which i did calmly, at which point i was told to buy my ticket and not worry about it!!!

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:44 am

Linebreaker wrote:Had a bloke here who used to spend 5 minutes warming up his car in the evenings (must have been a shift worker?) So annoying.
He's stopped doing it now though.

So called 'peaceful protesters' who look anything but peaceful. We had a nasty group try to cause disruptions on Saturday. They had children waving the most awful placards - I can't type what was written on them but they were very evil words - whilst their parents had their faces covered up and were screaming for blood alongside their kids.

What were the demonstrations regarding, Linebreaker?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 17 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

Great story KB. Nothing like sticking a little jobsworth in his place. My fiance had a similar issue with a train on Saturday. I was leaving her and friend off at the station to catch the 1502 to Dublin. We left a little late and that was compounded by being stuck behind a learner driver and then a tour bus.

Anyway, we arrived at 1500 and the station attendent asked the train to hold on (even though there was 2 mins till departure). The driver said no problem, but the conductor on board then went on a 5 minute rant about how they were holding the train back, they should be more organised, they shouldn't have been allowed on, etc. This all in front of a packed carriage. All because we only arrived 2 minutes BEFORE the trains scheduled departure. Where do these people get off exactly? Do they not realise that they work in customer service and they should treat their PAYING custom (the ones who pay their wages!!!) with a bit more respect?

I must remember to go ballistic the every time my bus is a few minutes late. That would be every day then.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

It was the sheer arrogance of him. I can understand some people take the p*ss, but you can't just hand penalty fares out to everyone, and threatening court action over £4.40.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:21 am

My friend did get let off nicely by a conductor the other day. He and 2 friends jumped on the train at Kings Cross around midnight. My mate needed to get back to Finsbury Park and the other to Hertfordshire. Almost every train leaving KX stops first at FP before heading off to the Shires, hence why my mate jumped on.

This one didn't.

Within 2 mins of setting off a conductor came round and my mate had to explain how he needed to get off at FP but was now trapped until Stevenage. Luckily the conductor saw the funny side and let him off without a penalty, lucky boy!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 17 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Had a bloke here who used to spend 5 minutes warming up his car in the evenings (must have been a shift worker?) So annoying.
He's stopped doing it now though.

So called 'peaceful protesters' who look anything but peaceful. We had a nasty group try to cause disruptions on Saturday. They had children waving the most awful placards - I can't type what was written on them but they were very evil words - whilst their parents had their faces covered up and were screaming for blood alongside their kids.

What were the demonstrations regarding, Linebreaker?

Anti-american - that video. They were trying to get to the US Consulate. A few cops got hit from behind. They caught a few (arrested 8... but more arrests to come). They are planning another one next Saturday. Lots of 'damage control' being exercised by the pollies.
There's a bad vibe in the air... it could get nasty.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 17 Sep 2012, 12:09 pm

That's what I was guessing.

Pathetic.

And they don't realise it just reinforces the steretype and the dislike for them globally (and I'm not talking about the Yanks).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 17 Sep 2012, 3:40 pm

Beer wrote:Revenue officers on Trains.

What a bunch of jumped up pr|cks!

I get the train everyday. I join at an unmanned training station, with ticket machines. Now, when i get on the train i make an effort to find a conductor and buy a ticket, but every so often when the train is packed i have to go through to the main station and ask to go through and buy a ticket. This is never a problem, they appreciate the issues with the station i join at and i always make sure to buy a ticket. However, this morning, instead of being waved through i was sent to the side to see the revenues officer, who is currently taking pleasure in handing out penalty fares to college kids.

Now, i'm not usually one to lose my temper over things in public. However, this revenues fella was clearly pushing his weight around. After asking me for my explanation, he didn't agree that the station would be busy, or that the train was overly crowded, despite it being a London commuter at 8am and was issuing me a penalty fare, which i promptly told him he could 'shove up his ass'. Not taking too kindly to my stance, he offered me the chance to go to court, which over £4.40 i kindly accepted, he asked me for my details which i provided, he then asked me to write them down; now, i get the train to work, the contents of my bag are headphones, lunch, a brolly and rubbish, not a pen and paper, so i asked him for for one, at which point my manners were brought into question?

This was where i started to get a bit p*ssed off with him.

I told him if he wanted my details he could provide me a pen and paper, rather than be an a**hole about the whole situation. Again, he didn't like this and heated words were exchanged. I was then told to get back on the train to my station and buy another ticket. At this point i told him to 'eff' off, i'll jump the barrier. Informed that i was on camera i decided to take my 15 seconds of fame and after leaping the barrier i gave a wave and a bow to the cameras.

The guards working the gates then called me over, asking me to calm the situation and explain my issue, which i did calmly, at which point i was told to buy my ticket and not worry about it!!!

Fantastic work, Beer. clap

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

I get irrationally irritated by certain words that some journalists and especially headline writers use.

Take "set" for example. As in "Adlington set to consider her future". Why not simply Adlington to consider her future?

Or X "slams" Y or A "blasts" B. Making it sound like massive bust up when what's happened is that journalist has trapped someone in a stray comment, which is barely even a criticism. But it's then blown out of all proportion to support a pre-determined story... steam

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 4:58 pm

The EDL. The last time I checked, I didn't need an uneducated idiot who protests against the burka by covering his face with a balaclave or a mask, to protect my country. Idiots.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:28 pm

Lol

About a year ago they protested/marched right past my offices in London. All singing West Ham songs, just a bunch of skinhead yobs dressed in Hackett spoiling for a fight.

That said, purely for the brilliance of the muslamic rayguns youtube video I think they're hilarious.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

That said, purely for the brilliance of the muslamic rayguns youtube video I think they're hilarious.

God I'd completely forgot about that video! Absolute classic. I sincerely hope that fella has had his pipes done because that should not be allowed to reproduce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:43 am

That advert for the Sun really annoys me. That absolute d!ck of a man walking along and then at the end when he stops, throws his arms up, shouts "yes!" and nods smugly - it tells you all you need to know about that paper that they want him to be their representative on TV.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 02 Oct 2012, 9:11 am

People who indicate when they shouldn't and people who don't when they should. I've probably mentioned this once or twice already in this thread but it really bugs me.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Oct 2012, 11:46 am

I was watching a replay of the '81 Grand Final for the umpteenth time a few days a go.

Anyone familiar with that game would be aware the Brett Kenny scores a spectacular try with about a minute to go in that match - on the near to western sideline. (bottom of the screen on the TV )

Our friends at Foxtel decide to plaster a banner announcing "the next classic grand final coming up in a few minutes, blah, bloody blah blah, etc"........ right over the top of the famous action (the dummy which sold everyone - individual brilliance of BK )

It couldn't have been timed worse. Complete ignoramuses who didn't have their minds on the job obviously! steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

People that hold up a queue getting their lottery numbers from the weekend before checked. Man that boils my urine.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 03 Oct 2012, 4:46 pm

Always having to clean up my flatmates' mess Rolling Eyes

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 03 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

People coming into work with stinking colds/flu. I might have to share an office with you, but I don't want to share your germs, thanks!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:05 am

Cari wrote:People coming into work with stinking colds/flu. I might have to share an office with you, but I don't want to share your germs, thanks!

Very Happy

I'm in work today with a cold.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:32 am

Cari wrote:People coming into work with stinking colds/flu. I might have to share an office with you, but I don't want to share your germs, thanks!

Lol

But it's equally annoying when people pull a sickie just for the sake of a few sniffles....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet but my main three at the moment are

1) People using trolleys at self scan checkouts in supermarkets

2) People who take up more than one seat on the train, by putting their bags on spare seats

3) Olly Murs

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:03 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:Not sure if these have been mentioned yet but my main three at the moment are

2) People who take up more than one seat on the train, by putting their bags on spare seats
Especially during rush hour when the train is filling up and it is glaringly obvious that the seats are needed by other people. steam

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 04 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

Whichever group of 4/5 goodlooking boys who sing the same songs about love etc to appeal to the current generation of teenage girls
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Oct 2012, 11:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Lol

But it's equally annoying when people pull a sickie just for the sake of a few sniffles....

Totally agree TH. Any "man" that skips work due to a runny nose needs horsewhipping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 11 Oct 2012, 3:50 pm

When my wife & I tell people that we don't want children they then say:

"You'll change your mind"

NO WE WON'T!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 11 Oct 2012, 5:48 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:When my wife & I tell people that we don't want children they then say:

"You'll change your mind"

NO WE WON'T!

Welcome to Woman's World!! I can't stand the way in which people not only assume people want children, but that they have a choice in that matter. I think it's a bit presumptious to ask anyone if they want kids when they say they don't have any to be honest, and some people don't stop there, they think you want to discuss it with them. I happen to think it's all a bit personal actually.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 11 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

Nakatomi - totally with you on the bags on seats thing. That happens to me all the time on the bus, and I get annoyed when they glare at you when you ask them to remove the bag so you can sit down. It's a seat for a backside which is attatched to a paying customer, not a bag hold.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:15 pm

I hate it when you are walking down a crowded street and the numpties walking in front of you decide to just stop cold in the middle of the street and you nearly hit into them and end up swerving past

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:24 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:I hate it when you are walking down a crowded street and the numpties walking in front of you decide to just stop cold in the middle of the street and you nearly hit into them and end up swerving past

I get this all the time. I'll be in the supermarket and someone will stop right in the middle of the aisle. I'd be within my rights to bang into them. It's just an inconsiderate thing to do. If I was going to stop, I'd move to one side so people could pass.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:29 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:People using trolleys at self scan checkouts in supermarkets

Or people taking their trolleys to the 'basket only' checkout and the person on the till doesn't do anything about it. This happened to me once, so I said to the bloke, 'is that a basket?' He apologised and said he hadn't realised what checkout it was. Liar!

Also, people who go to the '10 items or less' checkout with at least twice that number of items in their basket.

Also, '10 items or less' itself. It should be '10 items or fewer'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:26 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:I hate it when you are walking down a crowded street and the numpties walking in front of you decide to just stop cold in the middle of the street and you nearly hit into them and end up swerving past

I just walk into them, not interested in putting myself out trying to avoid them.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:47 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Nakatomi Plaza wrote:People using trolleys at self scan checkouts in supermarkets

Or people taking their trolleys to the 'basket only' checkout and the person on the till doesn't do anything about it. This happened to me once, so I said to the bloke, 'is that a basket?' He apologised and said he hadn't realised what checkout it was. Liar!

Also, people who go to the '10 items or less' checkout with at least twice that number of items in their basket.

Also, '10 items or less' itself. It should be '10 items or fewer'.

Totally agree about the trolleys at the self service check outs. There's never enough room for trolleys (well definitely not at my local) and people just look at you gone off when you move their trolley out of the way so you can use the check out next to them. Pishes me right off that does. I'm not inconveniencing people by doing what's supposed to be done at a self service check out, they are by blocking others.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 8:38 am

It annoys me that the BBC (and possibly other broadcasters) have dropped the 'Sir' from Sir Jimmy Savile's name. Whatever the allegations against him - and they remain allegations - he's still a knight of the realm.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:14 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It annoys me that the BBC (and possibly other broadcasters) have dropped the 'Sir' from Sir Jimmy Savile's name. Whatever the allegations against him - and they remain allegations - he's still a knight of the realm.

He's also a massive pervert!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:18 am

What relevance does that have to the millions he raised for charity - which is the reason he was awarded his knighthood?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:22 am

Probably the fact that while raising the money he probably sexually abused innocent people?

Lance Armstrong raised $500m for cancer. He's no longer going to be referred to as the all time TDF winner.

I also believe that knighthoods are only valid when someone is alive (i think)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

No, they last until someone, presumably the Queen, revokes them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

Which she probably will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:30 am

But the point is that she hasn't yet, so he's still Sir Jimmy Savile.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:31 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But the point is that she hasn't yet, so he's still Sir Jimmy Savile.

Sir Jimmy Saville: Massive bad person?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:33 am

Are you suggesting that the alleged bad things he did cancel out the indisputable good he did?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:42 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Are you suggesting that the alleged bad things he did cancel out the good he did?

Erm yeah.

He'll no longer be remembered for all his charity work, but rather be remembered for being a massive sexual predator who got his kicks out of abusing young people, sick people, mentally ill people. He used his status as a 'celebrity' as a weapon. And if the creepy old sod was alive today, he'd be looking at the rest of his life in prison.

Hopefully he's rotting in hell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:45 am

Ah, there's nothing like 'innocent until proven guilty', is there? picard

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:49 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Ah, there's nothing like 'innocent until proven guilty', is there? picard

Are you having a laugh?

200 reports of sexual assault, 2 documentaries, the BBC ADMITTING there was a cover up. And you think he's innocent?

Are you his long lost son?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:52 am

I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm saying that nothing's been proven. And if he is guilty, I don't think that should detract from the good work he did.

Dickens was a big anti-Semite; should we go out and burn his books?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm saying that nothing's been proven. And if he is guilty, I don't think that should detract from the good work he did.

Dickens was a big anti-Semite; should we go out and burn his books?

I can't stand Tottenham, i'm not the person to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 24 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

Whats not liking Tottenham got to do with burning Dickens' books?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 24 Oct 2012, 3:06 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:Whats not liking Tottenham got to do with burning Dickens' books?

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism) is suspicion of, hatred toward, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 24 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

Beer wrote:
Dicey Reilly wrote:Whats not liking Tottenham got to do with burning Dickens' books?

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism) is suspicion of, hatred toward, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage.

I know what it means smart ar$e and I know the connection between Tottenham and the jewish people, but if you look at the question by Luckless, Rovers answer didnt make sense, was he saying he couldn't answer the question because he is too an anti-semite like Dickens? or something else

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:36 am

Celebrity nicknames. Especially this abhorrent, abbreviated style of nickname that worthless gossip column-types now automatically use with famous Rolling Eyes folk.

You know the type. The first one I remember seeing was J-Lo.

Earlier today, I saw a headline about someone called K-Stew. No idea who that is but they sound like a ready meal. It's everywhere and it's ridiculous.

Please, just... F-Off.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next