The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 10 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by two_tone Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:31 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:Celebrity nicknames. Especially this abhorrent, abbreviated style of nickname that worthless gossip column-types now automatically use with famous Rolling Eyes folk.

You know the type. The first one I remember seeing was J-Lo.

Earlier today, I saw a headline about someone called K-Stew. No idea who that is but they sound like a ready meal. It's everywhere and it's ridiculous.

Please, just... F-Off.

Worse still are the nicknames they dish out to celebritiy couples - abbrieviate both first names into one name to call them by. D1ckheads.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

K-Stew is Kristen Stewart by the way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:38 pm

two_tone wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:Celebrity nicknames. Especially this abhorrent, abbreviated style of nickname that worthless gossip column-types now automatically use with famous Rolling Eyes folk.

Earlier today, I saw a headline about someone called K-Stew. No idea who that is but they sound like a ready meal. It's everywhere and it's ridiculous.

Please, just... F-Off.

Worse still are the nicknames they dish out to celebritiy couples - abbrieviate both first names into one name to call them by. D1ckheads.

Which couple was given that one? Smile

Fully agree however. Awful. I don't understand why people would use these terms.

By the way, at a stretch, our resident mod Fists of Fury could possibly be abbreviated to F-ofF.

Christ, I'm doing it now.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:39 pm

Crimey wrote:K-Stew is Kristen Stewart by the way.

Right, thanks.

No idea.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 20 Nov 2012, 1:56 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Please, just... F-Off.

Laugh right back at you my friend!!!

Fully agree however. Awful. I don't understand why people would use these terms.

By the way, at a stretch, our resident mod Fists of Fury could possibly be abbreviated to F-ofF.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 20 Nov 2012, 3:07 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Please, just... F-Off.

I think Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston had one, something like Brennifer. Makes me sick.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 20 Nov 2012, 7:15 pm

Bennifer = Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez before they split up didn't it?

I see what you mean by abbreviated nicknames being annoying, especially when the abbreviation is somewhat pointless. Rihanna - it's only six blydi letters, and yet it's "abbreviated" to Ri-Ri. Why? And it sounds sh*t. Kate Middleton (who's no longer a Middleton anyway) being called K-Mizz. Why not use HerRH if you really can't be arrsed to write her title? I know I'm guilty of abbreviating names on here quite a bit, but I'm not writing for a national newspaper/magazine.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 20 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

The saying 'week in week out'

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Thieving Barstewards !!! furious , they just dont give a crap what heartache they cause . I seriously could do them some real harm
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:56 pm

Kenny wrote:Thieving Barstewards !!! furious , they just dont give a crap what heartache they cause . I seriously could do them some real harm
Have you been barred from the Queen Vic? Shocked

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 23 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
Kenny wrote:Thieving Barstewards !!! furious , they just dont give a crap what heartache they cause . I seriously could do them some real harm
Have you been barred from the Queen Vic? Shocked

No just robbed mad
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:03 am

Do you reckon you should go for look down at the river in summer?
Might see the thieves there fishing. Or were they beach rods?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

took everything coarse and sea rods , i would drowned them if i saw them near water !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:13 pm

The fact that being in a minority gets you more rights than others. Positive discrimation my arris.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:The fact that being in a minority gets you more rights than others. Positive discrimation my arris.

That's a big contradiction there, Jack.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:19 pm

How exactly?

Everyone should be taken on merit. Just because certain groups are underrepresented in certain jobs should not mean they should be fast tracked through.

It's not just jobs either. A study was done on retrospective planning applications between pikeys and 'regular' folk (for want of a better word) and they were unproportianally high in favour of travellers.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:22 pm

For some reason I had the experience of encountering about 3 or 4 different idiots (in the space of an hour or so) standing on the bloody busy road, driver side door open, half bent over with their arse sticking out in the traffic as I (and others of course) were driving by.

They seem to have no sense of the potential danger. Zero road sense. It's worse when they're like that and on the damn phone too. steam

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:43 pm

To be fair Jack, you did make a very broad statement. In my view, if you're in a minority you don't get "more rights" otherwise you wouldn't be in a minority would you? Minority is relative surely? I think what you're referring to in your reply is a perceived inequality. I say perceived because inequality exists everywhere - just depends where you are and how you look at it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 24 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

Cari wrote:To be fair Jack, you did make a very broad statement. In my view, if you're in a minority you don't get "more rights" otherwise you wouldn't be in a minority would you? Minority is relative surely? I think what you're referring to in your reply is a perceived inequality. I say perceived because inequality exists everywhere - just depends where you are and how you look at it.

You do get more rights though, hence the positive discrimination. I know a woman who applied to her local police force and of the 250 at the briefing, how many do you think we're men? A reasonable assumption would be at least 50%?

The actual number... 0

Shocking.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:03 pm

We live in an age where Governments right down to the local level are trying to level the imbalances of the preceding millennia with regards to giving everyone equal opportunities, rights, etc. I think that's fine.

I'm doing a tender submission for a major state gvt project and part of the requirement is a statement that we'll not discriminate employing people based on sex, age, nationality, race... have to also consider employing people with disabilities and disadvantaged Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders. Stock standard stuff these days.

I actually feel quite warm and fuzzy about it. I like helping others as others have helped me. Give those who maybe haven't had the chance up until now to get involved in some interesting work, train them up and collaborate as part of a team.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:05 pm

Not at the expense if someone who is better qualified. 2 wrongs don't make a right and all that.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 24 Nov 2012, 5:19 pm

It's not about that though. Of course you want the best qualified person for the job but it doesn't hurt to get other people into the fold and give them some assistance and opportunities in the workplace. I know that sounds so PC but I don't have a problem with it.

What's the alternative? A closed shop?

Recently I had a tough experience and had to sort it out dealing through some Indian lass (I could barely understand a word she was saying)... but instead of thinking 'how the f did she get that job?' - I treated her with dignity and respect - and she exceeded my expectations, got the problem sorted and more.

Maybe it's a karma thing but I really believe that if you make some 'personal connection' (talk about cricket or something) that sense of what you call negative discrimination or minority complex - says more about yourself than the other person involved.

Try it - it works. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:14 pm

Shops that try and cram so much stock in that you cant walk round without knocking something off a rail , Sports Direct is a prime example
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:17 pm

Laugh

Yes, we have loads of the chinese $2 dollar shops where the racks are jammed with goods. If you try to take something off... it could cause an avalanche of junk.

They then have all these signs everywhere saying that if you break something.... you'll have to pay for it!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 25 Nov 2012, 9:47 pm

Fat people who moan about their weight while eating a bag of crisps.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 25 Nov 2012, 10:19 pm

The entire 'Keep calm and...' range of products, posters etc.
I would quite happily smash the next mug I see with that slogan on in the office kitchen.
And on that note, motivational mugs and posters in the workplace.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:53 am

Squirrels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Nov 2012, 10:58 am

Galted wrote:Squirrels.

Red or Grey ones ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:27 am

Anyone that thinks it's funny to do the 'Simples' meerkat impression.
Or just in general people doing impressions off the tv, the likes of Borat etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:38 am

Kenny wrote:
Galted wrote:Squirrels.

Red or Grey ones ?

Grey ones.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 26 Nov 2012, 11:39 am

People who go on Pointless or other general knowledge quizzes when it's clear that they don't know anything about anything. Why would you want to go on TV for the whole nation to see how stupid you are?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon 26 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

Hero wrote:Anyone that thinks it's funny to do the 'Simples' meerkat impression.

Don't have a cow man.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 26 Nov 2012, 2:00 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:People who go on Pointless or other general knowledge quizzes when it's clear that they don't know anything about anything. Why would you want to go on TV for the whole nation to see how stupid you are?

Haha +1 thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 26 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
Hero wrote:Anyone that thinks it's funny to do the 'Simples' meerkat impression.

Don't have a cow man.

Eat my shorts.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 26 Nov 2012, 4:31 pm

Adverts every 10 minutes on Kids TV channels , if i see that bloody Argos Alien again today i will scream !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 26 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

Really. This annoys you. Shocked

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 26 Nov 2012, 8:37 pm

Very much, all the Fast Show, Little Britain style programmes where the following day all you here at work when something goes is the 'computer says no, cough' etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:20 am

Women aged 40+ referring to their friends as "The Girls". So you get some 60 year old woman with grey hair and false teeth saying she's on a "Night Out with The Girls".

I blame Sex & The City for this.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 27 Nov 2012, 9:26 am

I get more irritated when great big fat ones refer to each other as "the girls". With old ones it's more sad than annoying, unless they're obese obviously.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 27 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

VTR wrote:Women aged 40+ referring to their friends as "The Girls". So you get some 60 year old woman with grey hair and false teeth saying she's on a "Night Out with The Girls".

I blame Sex & The City for this.

SATC can be blamed for a lot....!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:16 pm

People having domestics on mobile phones in public. I realised I disliked this, when this evening, on a full commuter bus home, some bloke just suddenly starts shouting and swearing from the back of the bus. I turn around (as does everyone else) and see he's on his mobile phone ripping into his partner/family member or whoever it was. There's just no need for it. The rest of us don't want to listen to it.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 27 Nov 2012, 8:32 pm

You should copy what they say but pronounce r's as w's. Unless they look overly psychotic of course.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 28 Nov 2012, 1:49 pm

Facebook posts where there's an instruction to do something within a time period or that you must like it because if not then you must be heartless etc.

I kid you not this appeared in my timeline feed within the last ten minutes:

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 10 Grandm10

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 28 Nov 2012, 2:19 pm

thats disgusting Hero , but i hope you sent it on
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 28 Nov 2012, 3:55 pm

Hero wrote:Facebook posts where there's an instruction to do something within a time period or that you must like it because if not then you must be heartless etc.

I hate when people put things like: "Like if you think cancer shouldn't exist." Stop trying to get likes nobody's a fan of cancer, instead of trying to look popular and cool by getting loads of likes give some money to charity if you're actually interested in getting rid of it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 28 Nov 2012, 6:24 pm

Hero wrote:Facebook posts where there's an instruction to do something within a time period or that you must like it because if not then you must be heartless etc.

Laugh

That's quality, use it as a riposte for all the idiot do-gooders who send similar for their latest cause that everyone believes in anyway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 04 Dec 2012, 11:12 am

I can't stand this new version of 'The Power of Love'. I'm not too keen on the original, but at least Holly Johnson gave it some welly.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 04 Dec 2012, 7:59 pm

The royal baby already is beginning to get on my wick.

Today's top news story;

Husband spends time with his pregnant wife in hospital.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:37 am

Haha, can't get enough of it personally. Especially when it rankles bell-ends like Danny Baker with their "great, now we've all got to find another £250k pa" jokes - where are you gonna get your crap jokes from after 2013 Danny when the royal family are no longer tax-payer funded? Eh? Eh??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 05 Dec 2012, 9:46 am

What annoys me about it is that the BBC have been showing clips of how the royal baby news is being reported around the world. I don't care how it's being reported elsewhere!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next