The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

+64
Duty281
1GrumpyGolfer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
SharkSoul
Mike Power
kingraf
VDT
theundisputedY2D2
BlueCoverman
rodders
FIFA Diva
rIck_dAgless
JubbaIsle
JPX
MIG
kittenv2
Diggers
Bathman_in_London
Breadvan
TRUSSMAN66
Dr Gregory House MD
VTR
Galted
Lumbering_Jack
westisbest
Fists of Fury
two_tone
Mr Bounce
Nakatomi Plaza
Corporalhumblebucket
trottb
Beer
Dave.
Scott is Back
JuliusHMarx
The Boss
Crimey
dummy_half
ShahenshahG
GSC
GG
Mike Selig
Ent
Liam
TopHat24/7
littleswannygirl
Il Gialloblu
as1079
B91212
alfie
Adam D
Mat
Cari
liverbnz
President Trump
Hero
eirebilly
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Derbyblue
Biltong
Enforcer
Luckless Pedestrian
Pal Joey
68 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 17 Empty The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

by Big Daddy Bee on Sat Jan 29 2011, 05:39
So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how big or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

Last thread: https://www.606v2.com/t199p950-the-that-really-grinds-my-gears-thread

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by Guest Fri 04 Oct 2013, 9:15 am

Galted wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Adverts for razor blades...I've been shaving my entire bonce for years now and with the money I've squandered on gel and quadruple blades with moisturising strips and aloe vera etc, I could have bought my own house three times over, a racehorse and a football club. Yet not once have I used a razor blade and immediately had some supermodel walk into the bathroom and rub her hand lovingly over my jawline yet I was led to believe that the mere purchase of these products would transform me into a demi god.

I think they may be fibbing.
I think it's deoderants that are supposed to do that.
Oh knickers.....right, off to ASDA I go (I believe other supermarkets are also available)

Back to top Go down

The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The "That Really Grinds My Gears" Thread

Post by BlueCoverman Fri 04 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

The best private number plate that I have ever seen was owned by a particularly busty young lady who I once knew. She drove a very elegant convertible sports car which displayed the registration number BRA 40B   Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 04 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

People with daft ring tones. You know the type "it's the wife calling" etc... Losers

Couple lasses I cycle with wear make up on training rides. Get a grip woman.

Woman who use about half a bottle of perfume.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 04 Oct 2013, 10:40 am

BlueCoverman wrote:The best private number plate that I have ever seen was owned by a particularly busty young lady who I once knew. She drove a very elegant convertible sports car which displayed the registration number BRA 40B     Laugh
Hopefully she drove round with the top down.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 04 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:If I ever got a private number plate, I'd want it to be TW4T.
In a similar vein, there is a number plate that has changed hands several times, at one time belonging to Steve Parish the former Moto GP rider and now commentator.

PEN 1 S

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

What about c0nt... With a carefully placed screw fixing it could take on a whole other meaning. Of course you would look a bit if a fool.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm

But you look like a fool just by having a private number plate, so you might as well go the whole hog. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 04 Oct 2013, 2:57 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:But you look like a fool just by having a private number plate, so you might as well go the whole hog. Smile
When I was 19 my mother bought me a private number plate to go on my new car. I was driving a Renault Clio cup 172 (the fast chavvy) model. It'd fitted on a new exhaust pipe so it sounded like a plane taking off at 30mph. I was so cool back then.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:02 pm

Nice car, though. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:04 pm

I loved it. Was a total pleasure to drive and surprisingly economical when not thrashing it.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

My first car was a 1-litre Nissan Micra. Not quite in the same league! But it got me from A to B and back again.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:02 am

That 'gig' typo in the OP.   monkey
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:09 am

People you are giving lifts to volunteering you to give a lift to someone else

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 10:48 am

Also when you are driving someone/people on long journeys and they don't offer you petrol money.

you shouldn't have to ask.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 05 Oct 2013, 10:49 am

ShahenshahG wrote:People you are giving lifts to volunteering you to give a lift to someone else
Yeah, don't like that one either.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 05 Oct 2013, 10:55 am

westisbest wrote:Also when you are driving someone/people on long journeys and they don't offer you petrol money.

you shouldn't have to ask.
Aye - I always offer up front to plit the costs or foot the bill if they are going solely for my benefit

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 05 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:That 'gig' typo in the OP.   monkey
Thanks for pointing that out, Il G. Just noticed that. That's the last time I'll trust anything posted by Big Daddy Bee. monkey

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun 06 Oct 2013, 7:44 am

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I get irrationally irritated by certain words that some journalists and especially headline writers use.  

Take "set" for example.  As in "Adlington set to consider her future".  Why not simply Adlington to consider her future?

Or X "slams" Y or A "blasts" B.  Making it sound like massive bust up when what's happened is that journalist has trapped someone in a stray comment, which is barely even a criticism.  But it's then blown out of all proportion to support a pre-determined story... steam
Indeed , Corporal.

I rather dislike the use of "insists" ...very popular with the BBC when they are quoting a spokesman about anything : instead of a simple " so and so says " we get " XYZ manager insists he still has faith in player A " ...with the apparent hint that we should not believe a word of it...Now in some cases this may be true ; but they really overuse it even where the reported remarks seem eminently non-controversial. As if they really like stirring up trouble...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 06 Oct 2013, 8:04 am

alfie wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:I get irrationally irritated by certain words that some journalists and especially headline writers use.  

Take "set" for example.  As in "Adlington set to consider her future".  Why not simply Adlington to consider her future?

Or X "slams" Y or A "blasts" B.  Making it sound like massive bust up when what's happened is that journalist has trapped someone in a stray comment, which is barely even a criticism.  But it's then blown out of all proportion to support a pre-determined story... steam
Indeed , Corporal.

I rather dislike the use of "insists" ...very popular with the BBC when they are quoting a spokesman about anything  : instead of a simple " so and so says " we get " XYZ manager insists he still has faith in player A  " ...with the apparent hint that we should not believe a word of it...Now in some cases this may be true ; but they really overuse it even where the reported remarks seem eminently non-controversial. As if they really like stirring up trouble...
Also hate denies/claims etc to make it look like (lying basstard) but the worst one was during the riots - criminality.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 06 Oct 2013, 10:06 pm

This trend of saying 'yes' or 'yeah' in the middle of a sentence (after a slight pause) whilst simultaneously nodding their head mid sentence or at the end of the statement.

It's as if the speaker is desparate for the listener to agree with what has just been said... and they are not entirely sure themselves and need to rely on low-grade rhetoric to convince us of their situation.

"I've worked really hard all year.... yeah... and I believe I deserved that promotion to Editor-In-Chief at Dolly Magazine" (nodding head)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 22 Oct 2013, 3:04 pm

The Zac Brown Band. They're complacent and cr@p and Radio 2 play their stuff all the time and I have to mute the radio because I HATE them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 22 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

Michael buble. everytime i switch the radio its michael buble. WRITE YOUR OWN Poopie YOU Kumquat

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 22 Oct 2013, 4:41 pm

Kids in adverts.

Not all kids in adverts, mind you.

Just most of them.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:02 am

Ticket barriers at train stations are a source of frustration. Why people who don't usually use the train think it is acceptable to get to the front of the queue THEN start looking for their ticket I'll never understand. It holds us important people who need to get to work.

It should be punishable by arrest.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:34 am

The person behind me in Newcastle who was tutting me for being unable to find my train ticket this morning.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 23 Oct 2013, 10:42 am

This happened at Durham Cool

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:00 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Michael buble. everytime i switch the radio its michael buble. WRITE YOUR OWN Poopie YOU Kumquat
He did recently and it's still cack. He's a nice guy and all that but when he sings he looks like he's got a dose of the crabs the way he fidgets about.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Louis Walsh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:11 am

Unions. It is so nice to see them held to ransom for once.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:13 am

That advert for the Vauxhall Astra, with the stupid knees-up-Mother-Brown rap on it. And near the end when he says 'home sweet home,' it sounds like he's about to cry. Strap on a pair!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

On the subject of commercials....The Halifax ones with the staff singing 'I'll be there' or being unfunny Dj's. Cannot abide them.That Howard character was bad enough..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:09 pm

Those Halifax staff choirs are awful. The whole idea of getting genuine staff to appear on adverts is stupid anyway. You wouldn't recruit staff based on their singing / acting ability, so why choose people for singing / acting roles based on where they work?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:18 pm

People who say OMG out loud! Say Oh my god, it the same amount of syllables and make you sound less of a *Special Person*
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:20 pm

people who write in lower case all the time and dont use punctuation

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

A friend of mine shouts the phrase 'Shut up' instead of OMG. Not in the high pitched towie style ' Ow mah Gawd' but in a gravely welsh accent ala Bonnie tyler.

Last edited by Breadvan on Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cos you touch yourself at night!)
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:51 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:people who write in lower case all the time and dont use punctuation
PEOPLE THAT TYPE CONSTANTLY WITH CAPS ON AND USE MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS AT THE END OF EVERY SENTENCE!!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Oct 2013, 12:57 pm

FACT!!!!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 25 Oct 2013, 1:20 pm

My girlfriend, despite holding down a good job, it a total mong when it comes to speaking.

Overuse of the word 'like', finishes every sentence with 'ya know what a mean'.

When she comes out with her awful Southern speak I shout 'brappp' at her and refuse to respond. She doesn't like me much when I do that.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Oct 2013, 1:49 pm

Probably like you even less if she knew you referred to her as a total mong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 25 Oct 2013, 5:05 pm

Window Cleaners who still clean your windows in the pouring rain !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 27 Oct 2013, 6:54 pm

When my Samsung refuses to "sync" I want to cry... I'm too technologically inept to even figure out how to fix it myself!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Oct 2013, 4:06 pm

My mum just gave my 2yr old daughter a poppy. My wife chimed in about being careful of the pin and mum said "Oh don't worry, it's got adhesive on the back to stop you pricking your fingers"

So, millions of men died during the Great War in conditions so terrible it's almost beyond the comprehension of many of us. We wear the poppy to commemorate their sacrifices and in the most ironic twist ever, we're told we can't have a pin as we might get hurt. Makes a mockery of what they went through doesn't it. Can't imagine they'd be impressed with having their medals for bravery attached to their tunics with double sided sticky tape. Mind you, they'd be lucky to win one.

"Fix bayonets, prepare to charge the enemy!"

"You're joking aren't you Sarge, they're pretty sharp. What if it slips when I'm 'fixing' it, I could hurt myself and imagine what that other fella's going to feel like. Nah, if it's all the same to you, I'd like to speak to someone about a safer option and the possibility of an extended level of training followed by a presentation ceremony."

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:26 am

Bitstrips - that new comic strip thing on facebook is really getting on my bristols

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:11 pm

I agree about bitstrips...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:27 pm

Haven't seen Bitstrips but the name is already annoying me. If I heard someone with a lisp saying it I'd punch them if they were smaller than me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:53 pm

Best not to go looking for Bitstrips Galted, it will put you in a stabby kind of mood.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:57 pm

Speaking of Facebook - I really do hate the Suggested pages and ads which infiltrate my timeline. I wouldn't mind as much if the pages where relevant to me - but I'm neither Jewish, Israeli or post opinions on the Holy Land - so why it keeps suggesting I like Israeli nationalist pages is beyond me!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:57 pm

Speaking of Facebook - I really do hate the Suggested pages and ads which infiltrate my timeline. I wouldn't mind as much if the pages where relevant to me - but I'm neither Jewish, Israeli or post opinions on the Holy Land - so why it keeps suggesting I like Israeli nationalist pages is beyond me!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:06 pm

Ditto that!

I keep getting ads from bloody Shelter UK!! Hate those pricks anyway so it's infuriating to have their propaganda forced down my throat!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Power Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:42 pm

So is this about things what upset u? I dont like those tin openers what open corned beef, they always cut you up.

Mike Power

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Tue 29 Oct 2013, 2:59 pm

Drivers who don't bother indicating under the assumption that everyone else on the road has telepathic capabilities.

Middle lane hoggers. Should be able to call in Close Air Support Apaches and have them Hellfired off the motorway.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next