The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are modern players spoilt whingers????

2 posters

Go down

Are modern players spoilt whingers???? Empty Are modern players spoilt whingers????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 27 Apr 2012, 8:50 pm

Sorry to break into the snooker section but having arrived into your beautiful Country in 1989.... I have seen a good deal of British sport including snooker in the 23 years...

I remember the Davis, White, McManus, Parrott, Doherty types etc.........even the Thorburn, Griffiths, Taylor characters!!!

I also remember they seemed to take their medicine and endeavour to come back stronger.....

Nowadays CLASS seems to be a hard thing to come by.............

It's either the table, the crowd, the schedule.... or maybe Venus in juxtaposition with Uranus!!!

I don't know but I kind of respect a guy that takes a defeat on the chin until next time.......

Maybe snooker is reflecting every other aspect of life these days where the blame lies elsewhere!!!

However whinging does seem to be a modern trait!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Are modern players spoilt whingers???? Empty Re: Are modern players spoilt whingers????

Post by Guest Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:18 pm

For a start it doesn't help when you have a cancer in the game like Mark Allen bringing negative headline after negative headline that's for sure. Snooker was big sporting news in the 80's, and the 90's to a degree, but the sports itself is in danger of becoming an afterthought so to speak.

I'm not a massive snooker fan but I was glued to the Steve Davis/John Higgins match at the World Championships a couple of years ago when Davis went on to upset the odds and gain victory. The feel good factor was immediately numbed the next day with the match fixing revelations.

I think Barry Hearn has a bigger job than he first anticipated.

Back to top Go down

Are modern players spoilt whingers???? Empty Re: Are modern players spoilt whingers????

Post by EdWoodjr Fri 27 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

Then we have millionaire Mark Williams huffing and puffing about conditions at The Crucible. Aw diddums, Mark.
I remember a few years ago Mark Johnston-Allen interviewing Williams after a 6-1 thrashing from John Higgins in the semi-final of The Premier League and asking him what his plans for the summer were. Williams said he was planning to go on holiday. I was left wondering on holiday from what ? To the top players such as Williams snooker IS a holiday.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down