The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester Derby

+13
liverbnz
Josiah Maiestas
TopHat24/7
hornbloweroafc
Gregers
newballs
Hero
hampo17
mystiroakey
LuvSports!
Adam D
Thomond
Ent
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester Derby Empty Manchester Derby

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 7:39 pm

Teams in:

Hart
Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Toure
Silva, Nasri
Tevez Aguero

De Gea
Jones Smalling Ferdinand Evra
Nani Carrick Scholes Giggs Park
Rooney

I feel like crying seeing that United side.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Manchester Derby Empty Re: Manchester Derby

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

United a goal down, they are getting over run in midfield, don't see the logic of playing two old centre mids when Man City have such an energetic midfield.

Nice header from Kompany but absolutely awful defending from United, been a part of their big games this season. You could see City grabbing another one but United look fairly threatening going forward.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 30 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

so what happens next?

Will Kompany get a red or will City get another first?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:33 pm

United have no chance of scoring you can't change mindset mid game. Terrible selection from fergie.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:43 pm

he was trying to park the bus, but that bus had a wide gaping hole in it Smile

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:50 pm

Man city are playing really well. fair pay to em

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:54 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Man city are playing really well. fair pay to em

They will be the worst champions in pl history- Blackburn had a better side.

Can not believe we have sent out this side and played like this.

Embarrassing.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:56 pm

ent what the heck are you on about,,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:57 pm

yessss city!!! deserved

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

howard webb may have been the man to save it for utd but not to be Smile

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

lol liam gallagher!! and the medley of oasis songs come on!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:00 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ent what the heck are you on about,,

This is the worst PL ever in terms of the over all standard of teams.

City are an average side.

United don't deserve the league we have played abysmally too many times this year.

I will never, ever figure out Fergie - after 2 decades at the pinnacle of the game he picks Ji sung Park for the first time in 3 months in the biggest league game in 10 years.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

City are a very very good side, to say they are average is bitter and complete nonsense.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

yeah in all fairness dude i think there is abit of sour grapes to your comments- You could agrue that they are a lower quality champion than past years(if they win),- however if united played em of the park (or didnt play park!!) would you be saying that united were the lowest quailty winners?

I very much doubt it!

Your comments dont mean anything- you can only beat whats infront of you!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:05 pm

hampo171 wrote:City are a very very good side, to say they are average is bitter and complete nonsense.

Remind me how they've performed in europe?

Honestly Gareth Barry starts for them, they are average.

PL quality all time low, worst united side in 20 years, worst arsenal in wengers reign, worst liverpool in 10, worst Chelsea since abramovich took over.

I feel like crying due to our second half performance against Everton and Fergies team selection tonight.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm

ent also best totenham,newcastle and citeh,it isnt all about the 'supposed' top 4!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm

mystiroakey wrote:yeah in all fairness dude i think there is abit of sour grapes to your comments- You could agrue that they are a lower quality champion than past years(if they win),- however if united played em of the park (or didnt play park!!) would you be saying that united were the lowest quailty winners?

I very much doubt it!

Your comments dont mean anything- you can only beat whats infront of you!

No sour grapes - this is the worst PL ever.

I've not seen a worse united side in my lifetime and we will of course be our worst championship winning side if the unthinkable happens and city fail to beat a very, very average newcastle side.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ent also best totenham,newcastle and citeh,it isnt all about the 'supposed' top 4!

Best spurs and city, whoop di doo - Robsons newcastle side were better and this spurs team is horrifically overated due to a lovely set of fixtures.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:09 pm

First season in Europe, tactical they were immature in Europe, sad to see such a bitter opinion to say a side with Kompany, Hart, Silva, Toure, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Richards, De Jong is average.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm

ent your trying to devalue citehs acheivement- what is your issue?

just because your a plastic big team fan with sour grapes doesnt mean your opinion('woop di do') is vaild

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ent your trying to devalue citehs acheivement- what is your issue?

just because your a plastic big team fan with sour grapes doesnt mean your opinion('woop di do') is vaild

For one they haven't achieved anything yet (though they will win their last 2 games easily) and no it isn't sour grapes - it is anger we let an easy league trophy slip - 14 days ago we were 8 points clear!!!!!

Honestly this united side is wretched, the worst I've seen in 2 decades and 2 weeks ago we were on for a record points haul - the PL is wretched.

Fair play to city they've beat whats in front of them.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:17 pm

The better side won an average football match. Utd had NO shots on target which tells its own story. All eyes on the Newcastle match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm

FreekShow wrote:The better side won an average football match. Utd had NO shots on target which tells its own story. All eyes on the Newcastle match.

Yes a disgraceful performance from United and Fergies worst team selection in 25 years. I can recall one shot from Park from a short corner in 90 minutes - just awful from start to finish.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:22 pm

well it is a classic case of sour grapes. due to the fact that if united had won today you wouldnt be saying this- your devaluing a team by concentrating on other issues. You started this thread on the game- not on the overall quality of the prem- which i agree has dipped, however has been slightly bolstered(countered) with other teams picking up there quality.

I do agree with some of your sentiment- but lets be honest what ever problems you see at united or the PL- city did enough and were deserved winners, and no the PL isnt wretched at all- it has been brilliant this season , full of drama and amazing attacking games even if the suppsoed top 4 are on a decline

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:26 pm

The PL quality wise it wretched - there is no denying this.

All the top sides have slipped, only city have improved and fair play to them.

They've coped with an average manager, and the distractions of Balotelli and Tevez, to beat what was in front of them.

I'm am not going to enjoy them crowing about it, but that is life.

As for United we need new players and to gut our rubbish squad.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:33 pm

its not wretched at all.

However your right Man u are on the slide- you had no service today -(i mentioned on another thread that valnecia and nani are just poor mans versions of beckham and ronaldo, i think the same could be said for many of your players and the rest are aged!!) your players looked a shadow of what your past players have been. I think they have done immensely well to challenge for this title, therefoer its not all doom and gloom- a couple of massive signings are needed mind. your defense and midfield is a shadow of what it was- the only part of your play that is up there is your strike force of rooney,welbeck and henadez- but against top teams as shown v citeh and europe you havent got enough service

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:36 pm

Utd 's side is probably the lowest level of quality in a long time (10+ years) but its still a disservice to City to call them poor, players like Silva, Kompany, Toure, Hart, Tevez, Aguero are up there with the best in Europe and I openly admit as a red I look across the City with envious eyes at the quality they possess.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 10:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its not wretched at all.

However your right Man u are on the slide- you had no service today -(i mentioned on another thread that valnecia and nani are just poor mans versions of beckham and ronaldo, i think the same could be said for many of your players and the rest are aged!!) your players looked a shadow of what your past players have been. I think they have done immensely well to challenge for this title, therefoer its not all doom and gloom- a couple of massive signings are needed mind. your defense and midfield is a shadow of what it was- the only part of your play that is up there is your strike force of rooney,welbeck and henadez- but against top teams as shown v citeh and europe you havent got enough service

You are telling me, this united side is awful.

Out of the current squad I think Evra (debateable), Vidic and Rooney are good enough to start the majority of games in a 50 game season. The young players have a lot to prove and the rest are just garbage.

We have players like Anderson and Park, who can't shoot, pass, head, tackle or dribble earning 70k a week clogging up our squad.

They challenged for the title because the standard of the PL is awful. Many a better united side have struggled to take 6 points from Arsenal and Spurs and 4 from Chelsea and Liverpool - yet there we were 8 ahead with 5 to go and on for record points, despite getting molested in Europe by such giants as Benefica, Basle and Bilbao.

Crazy thing is, we'd have got a draw no problem if Fergie had started with Welbeck and Valencia and not been so adamant on playing for a draw and counter attacking.

I honestly feel like crying, we've thrown it away - and it's barely worth having!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:03 pm

well the bigger problem for united for me is that unless you get the big players and another exeptional manager to replace fergie you will slide even more- because dont expect the pl to not improve-- citeh and chelsea well do much better next season- both obviously have the money and abromovich will probally be very happy with the CL performance therefore probally be in a great mindset about spending again- also torres is starting to look like the player he once was.

I am hoping united will pick up the quality or i can see citeh and chelsea becoming the only two big teams soon enough. Arsernal,totenham and liverpool will have to dig very deep to maintain any sort of dominant top 4 or cl quarter final positions in the near future

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:09 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well the bigger problem for united for me is that unless you get the big players and another exeptional manager to replace fergie you will slide even more- because dont expect the pl to not improve-- citeh and chelsea well do much better next season- both obviously have the money and abromovich will probally be very happy with the CL performance therefore probally be in a great mindset about spending again- also torres is starting to look like the player he once was.

I am hoping united will pick up the quality or i can see citeh and chelsea becoming the only two big teams soon enough. Arsernal,totenham and liverpool will have to dig very deep to maintain any sort of dominant top 4 or cl quarter final positions in the near future

I've minimal hope for United, we had an all conquering squad in 08 of good quality, experience and age that only needed 1 player a season to keep the gravy train running, then we shot ourselves in the head by signing Berbatov (don't get me started on this waste of space) that summer. We've had holes in midfield for 6 years and now our previousl great defense are all in their 30s. We don't have the cash to buy big. It will however be a long time before we fall out of the CL spots.

Chelsea are done and no fluke CL run can paper over cracks.

Football clubs have cycles and it was always going to be hard to replace Fergie regardless of relative strength of opposition - I've been prepared for 20 barren years after he leaves for a long time now.

As for city, they are in a great position as they have the money to hoover up any sub elite world player for £30 odd million - but they will be in for a shock if any of the big teams get close to previous levels.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:18 pm

chelsea are not done- neither are any of the other top teams. there was also no fluke about chelseas cl run, there allways do well and i dont see that changing. Just because two spanish teams and one pl team have spending power that sucks up the bigest players doesnt mean that chelseas,uniteds,liverpools or arsernals draw isnt big. The lesser spainish teams will find it very hard to pay the sort of money that even those clubs can afford. But united have to spend- but do not underestimate chelsea and uniteds draw and motivation, that would be ott

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:38 pm

mystiroakey wrote:chelsea are not done- neither are any of the other top teams. there was also no fluke about chelseas cl run, there allways do well and i dont see that changing. Just because two spanish teams and one pl team have spending power that sucks up the bigest players doesnt mean that chelseas,uniteds,liverpools or arsernals draw isnt big. The lesser spainish teams will find it very hard to pay the sort of money that even those clubs can afford. But united have to spend- but do not underestimate chelsea and uniteds draw and motivation, that would be ott

This isn't for this thread, but sticking 11 men behind the ball, conceding 43 shots in 180 minutes, letting the opponent hit the woodwork 5 times, have one cleared off the line, miss a penalty, miss a few sitters then score in 3 attacks out of 4 (2 of which Barca gave the ball away on half way with 2 men back) is luck. Never mind the battering they got from Napoli only to do them because they can't defend set pieces.

Chelsea have a Russian Billionaire backing them and are in London.

As for United we've drawn a world elite player once and our spending power is nowhere near Chelsea or city, grim times ahead unless the boss can pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:40 pm

ent i was wondering whether a "very,very average" Newcastle United side might just get you a result against City and, if so, what your opinion of them would be then?

No doubt a very poor City side losing or drawing to some Geordie rubbish i suppose. Well (in the words of our legend himself) I'd love it if City went there and went back to Manchester with their tales between their legs. Likely? Perhaps not but don't take anything for granted.

Only problem is (as a fervent NUFC fan) I'd be quite gutted to then see another title chance back in the hands of all you whingeing Utd. fans. Damned if we do and damned if we don't but with all things considered I'm the charitable type so how about a result to help you sad pseudo-Manchunians.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:45 pm

newballs wrote:ent i was wondering whether a "very,very average" Newcastle United side might just get you a result against City and, if so, what your opinion of them would be then?

No doubt a very poor City side losing or drawing to some Geordie rubbish i suppose. Well (in the words of our legend himself) I'd love it if City went there and went back to Manchester with their tales between their legs. Likely? Perhaps not but don't take anything for granted.

Only problem is (as a fervent NUFC fan) I'd be quite gutted to then see another title chance back in the hands of all you whingeing Utd. fans. Damned if we do and damned if we don't but with all things considered I'm the charitable type so how about a result to help you sad pseudo-Manchunians.

I was at the DW this weekend, average is a complement for this Newcastle side. I also never said city were poor.

Irony of ironies I would love it (love it) if you managed a point from them, but you've no chance.

We don't deserve another chance - we've been rubbish this year.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:49 pm

ent you have turned this thread into what ever you want- you cant say its luck and then when someone conters that argument say it isnt for this thread. chelsea did well and so did citech today. end of story

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:53 pm

ent I'll hold you to that "no chance".

The performance against Wigan by all accounts was down to an uninspired first half and granted if we play like that against either Chelsea or City we'll get nothing. If we do get something from the Chelsea match on Wed. though then there's the prospect still of still playing for 4th place. Any NUFC fan would have bitten your hand off at the sniff of that chance at the beginning of the season and City would be in for one hell of a fight.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. No chance? Well, you'll have to wait and see on that score.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

newcastle have a chance, someone to say they havent hasnt watched much of the prem this year or newcastle.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 30 Apr 2012, 11:58 pm

newballs wrote:ent I'll hold you to that "no chance".

The performance against Wigan by all accounts was down to an uninspired first half and granted if we play like that against either Chelsea or City we'll get nothing. If we do get something from the Chelsea match on Wed. though then there's the prospect still of still playing for 4th place. Any NUFC fan would have bitten your hand off at the sniff of that chance at the beginning of the season and City would be in for one hell of a fight.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. No chance? Well, you'll have to wait and see on that score.

City will not let it slip now. Honestly McCarthy and McArthur were like Xavi and Iniesta on Saturday, it was easy for Wigan from the first minute.

As for Chelsea, they did well not to give up - but they were incredibly lucky. I mean their performace has been compared to Inters but Inter restricted Barca to half as many attempts on goal! Either way they are not as good as they were a few years ago, which is the point.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 12:13 am

chelsea took there chances, barca didnt- end of story- stop the mad sour grapes. the point is very simple, chelsea have a chance at improving there squad and performnace levels due to this cl run,there fan base, there infastructure, there owner- which was my point and the MAIN point!

I also dont understand your odd remarks about abrom being a russian billionaire-are you trying to dimenish there achevimenet even more- do you not understand that the top 2 spanish teams have unlimited spending power and are basically govt owned because there dont have to pay any loans back and are never refused them(almost have trillianaire owners!!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 01 May 2012, 12:14 am

Ent's ramblings have made this thread a must read! Manchester Derby 1347041234

Good to know that getting to the Champions League final makes us past it and average, and as for City being average... Manchester Derby 3497602689

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 01 May 2012, 12:41 am

mystiroakey wrote:chelsea took there chances, barca didnt- end of story- stop the mad sour grapes. the point is very simple, chelsea have a chance at improving there squad and performnace levels due to this cl run,there fan base, there infastructure, there owner- which was my point and the MAIN point!

I also dont understand your odd remarks about abrom being a russian billionaire-are you trying to dimenish there achevimenet even more- do you not understand that the top 2 spanish teams have unlimited spending power and are basically govt owned because there dont have to pay any loans back and are never refused them(almost have trillianaire owners!!)

A simplistic view really, Chelsea have been poor this season (by their standards) and yet again find themselves in the position of player power ruling, a temporary manager and aging squad. CL run has papered over cracks.

The Russian billionaire comment was in reference to the financial power they have compared to United for rebuilding - nothing to do with the current sides.

The current Spanish financial climate and it's impact on football may also interest you if you want to google and have a read.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 01 May 2012, 12:48 am

Gregers wrote:Ent's ramblings have made this thread a must read! Manchester Derby 1347041234

Good to know that getting to the Champions League final makes us past it and average, and as for City being average... Manchester Derby 3497602689

You really think you are better than when you restricted Barca to 1 goal over 180 minutes in 08/09? Or that the league measures up to that season in overall quality?

Open your eyes, the league has fallen from grace so drastically it is hard to believe.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 01 May 2012, 9:22 am

Manchester Derby 1347041234

"Ent the sky red" why was you at DW stadium watching Wigan v Newcastle if your a United fan?

two words for your comments "sour grapes". SOme of your comments need a captain picard face palm!

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 May 2012, 9:51 am

Best team won (and I'm a United fan).

As previously alluded to, what Fergie was thinking about playing Park for the first time in months, Nani who's barely played either ahead of an inform and dangerous Valencia and (personally) I don't like the Giggs/Scholes combo either, got to be one or the other for me.

Either way, last night was irrelevant, title was lost at Wigan.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 01 May 2012, 11:25 am

hornbloweroafc wrote: Manchester Derby 1347041234

"Ent the sky red" why was you at DW stadium watching Wigan v Newcastle if your a United fan?

two words for your comments "sour grapes". SOme of your comments need a captain picard face palm!

Amuslingly the sky does appear red at times. Was offered a ticket from a mate, so I went.

Which comments specifically to you have an issue with?

Either way, last night was irrelevant, title was lost at Wigan.

We've dropped a number of silly points this season but Wigan outplayed us and we deserved nothing from that game. Rafael costing us 2 goals in 10 minutes versus Everton was the real turning point.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 11:36 am

some shockin' comments on here from people apparently in the know about premier league football......dont kid yourselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 11:38 am

so john what do you 'apparently know' lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 May 2012, 11:42 am

It wasnt actually you it was newballs and Ent...........talk about dumb and have no clue about teams outside the top 2 world.

To say NUFC are a 'very, very average side' and that being a compliment just sums it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 01 May 2012, 11:46 am

sorry lol. it was hard for me to tell thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 01 May 2012, 11:46 am

John wrote:It wasnt actually you it was newballs and Ent...........talk about dumb and have no clue about teams outside the top 2 world.

To say NUFC are a 'very, very average side' and that being a compliment just sums it up.

Semantics, at the levels of elite football you are average - having been in the championship 2 years ago that is a compliment.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next