The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake

+16
eirebilly
Mr Fishpaste
Luckless Pedestrian
Hood83
Cari
offload
kiakahaaotearoa
damngoodOvalball
munkian
Biltong
fa0019
sugarNspikes
gowales
ScarletSpiderman
RuggerRadge2611
RubyGuby
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake - Page 2 Empty 1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake

Post by RubyGuby Thu 24 May 2012, 12:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am both embarassed and fed up of seeing welsh players over recent years claiming they want to be respected. You never get other national sides whimpering on about this and for me it reveals something weak within the welsh psyche. They have so got this all wrong. All the SH coaches and players have great respect for Wales and more so now than ever. Therefore, I believe 1/2p and his mates need to recognise this and start respecting themselves rather than banging on about it like children wanting attention. You have the respect Wales, you now need to go and back that up FFS mad thumbsup

Don't worry i look forward to the WUMS and hopefully some sensible posts.

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 26 May 2012, 2:58 pm

Aah those pesky English at it again. No doubt if Wales win in Oz it'll be the fault of the English.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake - Page 2 Empty Re: 1/2p and Other Welsh Players "Respect" Mistake

Post by damngoodOvalball Sat 26 May 2012, 3:00 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:In a sporting sense respect is about recognising how good a team is compared to its status, financial, cultural and talent restrictions. You cannot respect a group of PROFESSIONAL RUGBY PLAYERS being paid AS MUCH IF NOT MORE than our own players, who consistently perform BELOW OUR LEVEL.

I admire individual players and coaches as I have said and I will give credit to the opposition whenever it should be given. For example I was blown away by several Canadian, Tongan and Romanian players during the world cup and I respected their efforts. Wales, England and Ireland on the other hand under achieve considering their wages, contracts, sponsorships etc and I cannot respect such losers. Obviously excluding the likes of BOD, Kearney etc.

You seem to forget that England have beaten you in the last two games, home and away. And knocked you out of 3 of the last 5 world cups

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Sat 26 May 2012, 3:02 pm

T

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 3:08 pm

ruby i think your over thinking this or its the typical media trick of making out someone has said something that they havent really in the correct context- if your not then can someone proivide a link fo this sort of behaviour he is talking about. Because otherwose i have no idea

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 3:10 pm

ok i have just read that link posted a few posts down- 1/2p is spot on - wlaes need to start winning v sh or they will never be respected fully. I dont see the problem.

NH teams have to earn respect in the SH. Its why the english have been respected more over there than here for instance- because we have acheived at the highest level.

The SH are the bench mark and the only way to earn repsect is to win.

However respect is abit of a pointless concept- its just a bi product of winning stuff. the winning is the important factor. However its not a 'mistake'

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2