The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

+19
GunsGerms
welliamwibb
WWosprey
welshy6
TycroesOsprey
thebluesmancometh
mckay1402
munkian
Biltong
flyhalffactory
Cymroglan
Morgannwg
majesticimperialman
wales606
CurlyOsp
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
Shifty
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 4 Empty Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by Shifty Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

15) Leigh Halfpenny (Blues);
14) Alex Cuthbert (Blues),
13) Jonathan Davies (Scarlets),
12) Scott Williams (Scarlets),
11) George North (Scarlets);
10) Rhys Priestland (Scarlets),
9) Mike Phillips (Bayonne);
1) Gethin Jenkins (Toulon),
2) Ken Owens (Scarlets),
3) Adam Jones (Ospreys),
4) Bradley Davies (Blues),
5) Luke Charteris (Perpignan),
6) Dan Lydiate (Dragons),
7) Sam Warburton (Blues, capt),
8) Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements:
Matthew Rees (Scarlets),
Paul James (Bath),
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys),
Ryan Jones (Ospreys),
Lloyd Williams (Blues),
James Hook (Perpignan),
Ashley Beck (Ospreys).

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Joe Tomane (Brumbies)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. David Pocock (captain, Western Force)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Reserves:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
18. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
19. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
20. Nic White (Brumbies)
21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
22. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 4 Empty Re: Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Kick it away great idea.

welliamwibb

http://www.rfu.com

Back to top Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 4 Empty Re: Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:43 pm

He had bags of time and space and didn't pass it soon enough.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:If your Pocock your allowed to do anything then?!

Clearly off his feet, called by the ref then pushes the ball out. Again followed by Aus points!!!

Bluesman! You are behave without dignity and have a tantrum because result is not match your expectation. It is regretful to be bitter this way.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

"Really good performance from the Welsh". What is the commentator on about?

Lost own ball in attacking 22 at least 5 times
Made copious mistakes while in possession.
Pack was destroyed by oz counter rucking.

Halfpenny and Cuthbert only Wales positives.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

Ring rust maybe, espacially the first half.

Bounce of the ball went for Aus, some very key decisions too!

After the Scot game I thought Joubert would be far wiser at the scrum and breakdown, but Aus seemed to have him in their pockets!

Oz had something to prove, Wales little to gain, Aus were galvanised by supposed events against them.

But it all comes down to Wales being very poor around the fringes, standing off Genia and not being smart enough at the breakdown.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:If your Pocock your allowed to do anything then?!

Clearly off his feet, called by the ref then pushes the ball out. Again followed by Aus points!!!

Bluesman! You are behave without dignity and have a tantrum because result is not match your expectation. It is regretful to be bitter this way.

HERSH? you been banned or something?

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

Something like that Wibb!!!

Just ignore him ghost

Is it me or is that the first time we've seen Sam looking like a true Welshmen, downtrodden, happy with parts of their performance etc...

I expect nothing but perfection from Sam, 'we were not good enough, we made stupid mistakes we will be better' not this media trained guff!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

Preistlands kicking out of hand was poor, Hooks was better!

A freind said to me yesterday, if Genia and Pocock don't perform at 99% or better Wales will win...

I think we all agree that was one of the best SH performances Ive ever seen, not just from Genia. And Pocock had a blinder!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

Genia just blew my mind, i had a high opinion of him before this game. But Jesus hes class. Only player i've ever seen do that much work on a field is before is Parisse. What a player. Congrats Oz.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

I don't think there is that much wrong with Wales, we need to be more clinical, tighten up on the silly mistakes which gave Australia the game today. I was worried about the defense before the game because Jamie Roberts was not there organise it, and I think I was right to be worried.

I'd be tempted to drop Priestland and put Hook in instead as well. Though with Ryan Jones, AWJ, Ianto, Hibbard and the other guys to possibly come in we can turn this around. I'd like to see a much more agressive pack next week though, a team of bullies because I think this Ozzie team has a soft underbelly.

8 Ryan Jones
7 Sam Warburton
6 Dan Lydiate
5 Ian Evans
4 Bradley Davies
3 Adam Jones
2 Richard Hibbard
1 Gethin Jenkins

Lets pick a very nasty pack and kick the shít into them, and see how they cope with it.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

Ryan Jones definitely at 8. AWJ too.

Want to see more Hibbard for sure!

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

Is Faletau injured or something?

I don't think Wales need to despair. That was close enough to suggest the series is still very much alive.

With 2 minutes to go Wales had a penalty out by the touch line. I can't understand why they didn't go for the 3 points, with a restart to come.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:14 pm

Ian Evans, AWJ and Ryan to come in - put in some big Ospreys to smash them up a bit more.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

DaveM wrote:Is Faletau injured or something?

I don't think Wales need to despair. That was close enough to suggest the series is still very much alive.

With 2 minutes to go Wales had a penalty out by the touch line. I can't understand why they didn't go for the 3 points, with a restart to come.

It wasn't kickable. They were well in their half from what I remember.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

Wales, Soooooooooooooo close but no win i am afraid.

I actualy thought that when Cuthbert went over, Wales was going to come back and win.

Hard luck Wales.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:30 pm

i can see why people are irritated that pocock cheated a bit at the rucks, but thats what he does, any deceant flanker cheats, and its the refs job to try and stop them, if they dont then a good flanker will take advantage

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

wales606 wrote:
DaveM wrote:Is Faletau injured or something?

It wasn't kickable. They were well in their half from what I remember.

No, it was definitely in the Australian half. It was a hard kick, but Halfpenny is an excellent kicker.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

Never seen what the big deal was about Genia until this game, why did he have to have a stormer vs us?

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

IronMike wrote:Never seen what the big deal was about Genia until this game, why did he have to have a stormer vs us?

He has been very impressive in most games i've seen from him - especially in the tri-nations. But he was a class above anyone today - Wales would have struggled with a young Gareth Edwards playing.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

IronMike wrote:Never seen what the big deal was about Genia until this game, why did he have to have a stormer vs us?
It was not the first time, the guy is very classy

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

I've known he was good from what I've seen but I didn't think he was capable of producing that sort of performance, really controlled things for Australia.

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:56 pm

Because he was not shut down effective. Wales give him too much space to operating in. Scotland close him down and stop Australia playing.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

The weather shut him down more than the Scottish
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

Wales

Just ignore his baiting, when the ghost signs in as another account I may get duped, but this has fooled noone.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4