The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

+19
GunsGerms
welliamwibb
WWosprey
welshy6
TycroesOsprey
thebluesmancometh
mckay1402
munkian
Biltong
flyhalffactory
Cymroglan
Morgannwg
majesticimperialman
wales606
CurlyOsp
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
Shifty
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 2 Empty Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by Shifty Thu 07 Jun 2012, 6:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

15) Leigh Halfpenny (Blues);
14) Alex Cuthbert (Blues),
13) Jonathan Davies (Scarlets),
12) Scott Williams (Scarlets),
11) George North (Scarlets);
10) Rhys Priestland (Scarlets),
9) Mike Phillips (Bayonne);
1) Gethin Jenkins (Toulon),
2) Ken Owens (Scarlets),
3) Adam Jones (Ospreys),
4) Bradley Davies (Blues),
5) Luke Charteris (Perpignan),
6) Dan Lydiate (Dragons),
7) Sam Warburton (Blues, capt),
8) Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements:
Matthew Rees (Scarlets),
Paul James (Bath),
Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys),
Ryan Jones (Ospreys),
Lloyd Williams (Blues),
James Hook (Perpignan),
Ashley Beck (Ospreys).

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Joe Tomane (Brumbies)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. David Pocock (captain, Western Force)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Reserves:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
18. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
19. Michael Hooper (Brumbies)
20. Nic White (Brumbies)
21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
22. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

Great boost for the lads that the U20s just won. Considering there are a couple of lads in the squad that could be in SA rather than Australia..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Welsh and Australian teams head to head. - Page 2 Empty Re: Welsh and Australian teams head to head.

Post by wales606 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 5:49 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Great boost for the lads that the U20s just won. Considering there are a couple of lads in the squad that could be in SA rather than Australia..!

They could certainly have used Robinson or North on the wing over Walker

My MOTM was Ross Jones, brilliant kicking game. Pydie also looked good in the back and Allen closed down NZ very well and every since forward put their body on the line in defence, but Jones was the standout - I hope he gets more regional chances.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:26 pm

Hopefully Luke Morgan will get a run ahead of Walker in the next match..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 08 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Hopefully Luke Morgan will get a run ahead of Walker in the next match..!

Wrong thread mate, Luke Morgan is in the U20 squad. Laugh
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:38 pm

can someone pm some websites to watch the match tomorrow, and kick off is 10am current uk time right?
thanks in advance
should be a great game!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by WWosprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

If theres PM's about where to watch tomorows match going about please include me on them OK

WWosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:02 pm

AlynDavies wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Hopefully Luke Morgan will get a run ahead of Walker in the next match..!

Wrong thread mate, Luke Morgan is in the U20 squad. Laugh

Right thread read the post above the one of mine you quoted.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:04 pm

Tycroe

Totally disagree, firstly Barnes has looked very good in differing positions in Super rugby, he's being utilized. Mcabes ability to break the line is immense, he hits gap as opposed to players, and his straight line running excellent.

With that backline penetration is very possible, it's guile theyre missing. But I do agree with you, there is an element of keeping us under wraps instead of how they are going to beat us, similar to France and England this year!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:09 pm

Were going to have to disagree Blue, Honestly Ive watched Barnes a lot this year and he has been woeful imo. McCabe is a basher and bish bash bosh wont get any purchase against our midfield defence.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm

Really? You don't think that 10/12 channell is a gaping hole in midfield?! If Mcabe and Ioane start running inside outside on Barnes shoulder (who I will give you doesn't have the best distribution but won't need to) and Genia is enough to keep the back row busy, Preistland and Williams are going to have a nightmare!

What I like about Mcabe is that he's not just bish bash bosh, he hit's very clever lines, at immense pace and always gets over the game line if not breaks it. He is what we hope Williams is going to turn out to be.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:30 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Really? You don't think that 10/12 channell is a gaping hole in midfield?! If Mcabe and Ioane start running inside outside on Barnes shoulder (who I will give you doesn't have the best distribution but won't need to) and Genia is enough to keep the back row busy, Preistland and Williams are going to have a nightmare!

What I like about Mcabe is that he's not just bish bash bosh, he hit's very clever lines, at immense pace and always gets over the game line if not breaks it. He is what we hope Williams is going to turn out to be.

Honestly I have no fears for our midfield defence, I am worried that they can get outside the umbrella and use the pace on their wings. I worry about Norths kick return and I worry about Cuthbert being turned. I think the inside ball will be well marshalled, as long as our backrow is tracking accross, and Charteris also brings somthing to the defence there. I expect Priestland to be under a lot of pressure from Pocock but Im not worried about his defence as long as he doesnt try ripping the ball all the time ala Hook.

I think McCabe is great defensively and thats why he has been chosen and yes he does run good lines but the welsh defenceis more than capable of containing him. As for Barnes I think he is the worst ten that oz have, his kicking from hand has been woeful and yet he has persisted with putting boot to ball instead of giving it out. ITs like PSA picking Beauxis.

So I think the Ozzie gameplan is going to be to kick to the corners and chase down the welsh runners before they get up steam and look for turnovers at the breakdown from Pocock. Pressurise priestland into mistakes is the theory and you can stop wales. Italy did it to us, England did it to us France did it to us but honestly I didnt think any of them were going to win in those games. The only team that really had me worried were the scots because they were determined to keep the ball in hand, similarly with the Irish. Yet teams are adopting the kicking game against us which keeps the welsh score down but doesnt pressure the defence.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm

Have to agree with the pressure on Preistland, it will be massive once again, but I am starting to get the feeling he's begginning to deal with it better. But with no Roberts, who generally defends Preistlands outside shoulder strongly there may be trouble.
The inside ball I think you'r right, our back row and the very mobile Charts and Bradders will cover.
Teams who try to turn our wings with the boot are trying to capitalise on their inability to kick, but they are so big and strong they have little problem staying on their feet.
If Oz were however going to play the corners surely Harris would be at 10, he's been excellent out of hand and at goal all season, then Barnes at 12 and Mcabe at 13. I think they are going to look to starve us of ball, and play the bomb on 1/2p quite a bit (as loads of teams try to do with varying degrees of success) The key to beating us is a solid set peice and a keep ball game.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

Harris is better than Barnes on current form but he really blotted his copybook on Tuesday. Had he had a good day at the office then he may have pushed Barnes to 12 but after that defeat the Ozzie press have really been on his back and deans' so they have gone for experience and safety first. It really isnt an approach Ive ever seen from an Ozzie side before.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:51 pm

And if the tactic is to attack our setpiece and choke possesion off they are going to be in for a shock. Scrums are going to be interesting but I think we have the edge and charteris always seems to stabalise the lineout for us so I expect us to win enough good ball to win, I certainly dont think the ozzies have a pack capable of limiting us to 30-40% possession, I would be suprised if Dingo sent his team out to take us on up front. Bomb to halfpenny is to be expected but whilst he isnt quite kearney hes more than capable under the high ball.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

In reality show me a back that played well on Tuesday though. Genia was the best of the lot by a mile and he was about average by his standards!

I actually thought Harris was good, and had he been given a couple of shots at goal in that 2nd half, and the corner not gone for he would've won the match for the Ozzies. I can't beleive he's taking stick for that game!!!

I see what you mean though, Deans under pressure so he goes for the ol' faithfull lineup. I would personally play Harris, move Mcabe to 13 and Barnes to 12. Give Barnes the opportunity to drift between 10, 12 and 13 in differing situations, use Harris and Barnes as the pivots for Ioane, Mcabe and Cooper to run off. Yet Deans seems to be trying to stump the threat of our big wings and Davies.

Who are your key matchups in this game. My initial instinct says Phillips Genia, if Phillips struggles to contain him he will stretch our back row. But then I look at the Hookers, neither are world class but I think if Owens can just do the basics well he'll have the edge. Then theres the front row, a very good front row performance will all but dominate the Aus IMO.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Fri 08 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

Did you see Gray struggle though, Fords throw in was awfull, but Gray and Kelloch normally put pressure on the opp lineout, Sharpe was Aus only option but seemed under pressured WTF??? I hope we are far smarter than that!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:00 am

Scott Williams is a massive lump and faster than his size would suggest. I'm sure he will do well in the 12 berth.

I also remember him doing something against England.

welliamwibb

http://www.rfu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

need pm please someone?!?!?!?!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:28 am

wrote a long answer blue connection died and I lost it.

Warbs pocock is the big battle for me, think the ozzies are asking too much of their star seven and warbs will get the edge in this game.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:28 am

Warbs vs Pocock, Genia vs Phillips, Ioane vs North, Sharpe vs Charteris, Palu vs Faletau, plenty of very big battles in this match

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 7:58 am

Warbs vs Pocock & Genia vs Phillips these are the two I am very much looking forward to.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:16 am

They are the best in their positions, not many equals..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 10:51 am

Aus are tired, lost to the Scots, lost lots of key players, super teams playing garbage, captain a cracking player but inexperienced, poor choices recently and coach under pressure.

How can Wales lose...????

I WISH IT WAS THAT SIMPLE, I AM BRICKING IT!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:21 am

Absolute garbage, standing off at every ruck allowing the Aus tight 5 and Genia to totally dominate!!!!

GARBAGE SO FAR!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

Why are we still kicking deep to Genia who puts us back in our own half every time???

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:23 am

Our kicking game is handing Aus everything they need to dominate here WTF???!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:25 am

Absolute tripe, the breakdown is one teams so far!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:37 am

Every decision going Aus way now, and 10m for being Welsh!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

Between Aus hands and Mike Phillips we are 3rd best at every breakdown!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:44 am

Iwthout Lydiate we'd be 3 tries down easy here!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:45 am

Genia is totally dominant

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

Mike Philips strong but reacting slowly and making awful mistakes.

Our forwards are weak and our locks are rusty. Lineout i good but we need Ryan Jones and AWJ for 2nd half.

Losing North has lost us any hope.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:48 am

Every time we get into their 22 someone makes a stupid mistake.

Everytime Priestland kicks ball away he's just giving them possession. His kicks go too far for us to chase. We can't compete in the air anyway.

This unfortunately shows how awful the rest of the Six Nations teams are.

Gulf between SH and NH is still huge. Only 7 points down but mainly to luck.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

Jones and AWJ is a good call, Davies doesn't quite look at the races, and Charteris slow in every phacet.

Maybe 20 mins to go though...

North will hurt us, but not as much as Lydiate, if he goes off we're in real trouble!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:50 am

I disagree wibb.

Our kicking game is awfull, but it was much better in the 6N, right now it's too long to compete and too short to be playing territory.

WE HAVE TO GET TO GENIA!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

Problem is they wait for Genia to do something instead of just tackling him!

Hook at 10 we need...

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

Hook off the field we need!!!

That'll do it for Wales, it's about keeping the score down now until we can regroup and give it a go next week!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

Too many players look too rusty.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

Not even Shane Williams could do a sidestep like that. It was ridiculous!

Mike Phillips the best 9 in the world? I don't think so. Can't remember seeing a 9 that skillful for decades!

Nobody tackled him Wales are dire.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

Wales attack is so boring. Oz step up a gear, Wales don't have another gear.

Crap left, crab right, hmmm can't go anywhere so pointlessly kick away.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Excellent taken try by Genia, 2 steps above anything Phillips is capable of!

I still just think we need to up our intensity, when we start the offloading, and getting over the game line the Aus defence doesn't look capable, but we make too many mistakes.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Have a funny feeling wales are going to come back and run the aussies close.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

Come on Wales

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

So disappointing. We are a fat piece of excrement.

No ideas at all.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

Garbage. Noone watching at the penalty, stupid defending straight from giving the ball away under the Oz posts!!

Something has to change or we're in for a tonking!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Have a funny feeling wales are going to come back and run the aussies close.

No way not a chance. Everytime Wales enter the 22 they make a mistake or hold on to the ball or something nonsensical.

Completely disorganised and lacking ideas.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by welliamwibb Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

WALES CAN'T PLAY WITH INTENSITY.

It's as simple as that. Wales can defend on occasions and score the odd try from the likes of North/Davies/Cuthbert but when the other team ups the tempo Wales are clueless.

welliamwibb

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm

Another poor call by Joubert!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:10 pm

Not having their best game alright especially given all the Oz injuries. Still think Wales will get a breakthrough. North is a bit of a loss mind you.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 09 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

Couldn't disagree with you more! Intensity is what we can do, last 20 we will be stronger, but it won't be enough!

WHY WOULD WE ENGAGE EARLY WHEN WE CLEARLY HAVE A BETTER SCRUM????!!!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next