The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread

+73
Janecory
sheephead
HERSH
Ospreydragon
Hookisms and Hyperbole
red_stag
JDizzle
gavstar
Equo Troiano
Chubby_funster
Totallybiasedscarlet
HammerofThunor
NewTraditionalHaka
aucklandlaurie
Manu's Boxing Coach
Shane_Williams
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
2ndtimeround
Comfort
bsando
funnyExiledScot
Feckless Rogue
EnglishReign
chewed_mintie
BamBam
mystiroakey
Rory_Gallagher
mzan
sean.c
Knowsit17
Casartelli
Duty281
GavinDragon
Dim
Geordie
offload
yappysnap
rodders
Cadair Idris
doctor_grey
thebluesmancometh
Cari
nobbled
jamesandimac
welshy6
gowales
Thomond
Ifandorbut
Merlin in Norfolk
Biltong
samuraidragon
maestegmafia
pontylad
Pal Joey
Lord Sprey
slartibartfast
munkian
RubyGuby
TycroesOsprey
doctornickolas
glamorganalun
rhonddasmackhead
RuggerRadge2611
jimmyinthewell68
mckay1402
George Carlin
mrzimmerman
boomeranga
Cymroglan
OzT
bedfordwelsh
wales606
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
77 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread - Page 10 Empty Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Australian playing 22:
Aussie team is:
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Cooper Vuna (Melbourne Rebels)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. David Pocock (captain, Western Force)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Sekope Kepu* (NSW Waratahs)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on Reserves: 16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies), 17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies), 18. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs), 19. Michael Hooper (Brumbies), 20. Nic White (Brumbies), 21. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds), 22. Mike Harris (Queensland Reds)

Wales : Leigh Halfpenny (Blues); Alex Cuthbert (Blues), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Ashley Beck (Ospreys), George North (Scarlets); Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Bayonne); Gethin Jenkins (Toulon), Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Dragons), Sam Warburton (Blues, capt), Ryan Jones (Ospreys).

Replacements : Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Ashley Beck (Ospreys). Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Rhys Webb, James Hook, Scott Williams. (BBC has the bench wrong)

Venue: Etihad Stadium, Melbourne. Capacity ~56,000
Weather: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2158177 - ~12 deg C, showery. But there is a roof.

Tour Previews:
http://www.v2journal.com/wales-summer-tour-preview.html
http://www.v2journal.com/australias-june-tests-preview.html

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 17 Jun 2012, 10:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

I have to stress, the last 2 minutes did not lose us the game in IMO, it was the 27 minutes before it.

Wales came out and kicked longer for some reason, then we got lucky and scored, the decision to go into our shell and try not to lose the game as opposed to win it when the yellow card came is disgracefull.

Thats the difference between the NH and SH teams at present, they always go out to win games, and we try not to lose them. We saw it at the 6N, with our reputation teams tried not to lose against us opposed to beat us, we were pretty fortunate with that.

Warbs wasn't there for 60 mins today, Rees offered nothing, AWJ spent more time arguing and being pinged at the breakdown, Jones showed he hasn't got 80 in him, Phillips is a nightmare, he has to be converted or his career should be French 2nd tier from here on in, Preistland I have sympathy for, defencively he is coming on leapes and bounds, but with Phillips he is weary and stands deeper, Beck was lacking in Int quality sadly.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Australia vs Wales 2nd test - Teams and Live match thread

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Great match. Well done Australia.

Your team played great rugby maes, you must be gutted, but this Welsh team is scaring the big boys. Its not long and they are going to win one down south. They will take massive belief from this match. Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadair Idris Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

biltongbek wrote:Hi comfort, I agree with you Warburton didn't have a great game.

Warbs not at his best (not surprising after injury), Tips deserves a start next week with Ryan restored to the captaincy.

Cadair Idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Wales deserved to lose the 1st test. Some key players were awful. This one was up for grabs. Oz were excellent in the 1st half. 2nd half we picked it up and looked like winning it.

Then came the ref! That has got to be up there with the most one sided reffing performances of all time. Before anyone starts debating decisions with me ... I ain't up for debating. He gifted them 9 points! If it wasn't for Barnes' miss it would have been 12. I am disgusted that once again we are not debating the rugby but the furious ref!

Watched the game with my brother in law. Priest kicks deep on 77 min. OK says we - keep them pinned down their end. ollowing the 22 dropout the ref gives a joke of a penalty - they get territory and the hooter goes. I turned to my bro-in-law and said "I've got a horrible feeling he's gonna give them a penalty" ............ and he did. What a censored !
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by NewTraditionalHaka Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

"I think he kicked too far, yes, but I in no way think he's singlehandedly cost us the game. That I will not agree with at all. It's a 15 man game, not 1."

It is indeed rugbydreamer, but you're missing the point. There often comes a phase in the game, at the end, when everything that went on before no longer matters because you have it's destiny in your hands. It's also a time when errors cannot be recovered from. A time where risky decisions have no place. That was unforced, concious, schoolboy decision making. It was an utterly dreadful decision. It cost everything that went on before. No one should hide from that.

NewTraditionalHaka

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

No they won't Billtong. This team could be cracking but unless this monkey comes off their backs soon they will fall into the same old rut.

There was no great rugby there from Wales, I don't see any strike plays, and very little cohesion. We have individuals, but lack world class in key positions, 8, 9, and 10. Thats whats killing us.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:21 pm

some poor ref decisions.

They had a penalty at the scrum against Gethin when their tighthead went straight to the floor, also the penalty for the kick to touch at the end was never a penalty. the ref half put his hand up and then put it back down and then came back for it 30 secs later. Absolute nonsense.

Need some changes next week, especially the half backs. Mike Phillips was poor and Priestland just kicks away possession to maybe the best broken filed runners in the game. Time for a change there definitely. I also don't think Matt Rees and Jenks are not fit enough after missing many months of the season with injuries. Rees' lineout throwing was rubbish in the first half.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

biltongbek wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Well I'm leaving this thread. I hate seeing one player ripped to shreds over a team effort.

Rhys kicked long yes, but who were the players who conceded the two stupid penalties? It's not as simple as just blaming one player.

Tis like being on an Ireland thread with this overreaction ffs! Wink
I agree, Priestland wasn't the one who pulled the maul down.

If it wasn't for him there wouldn't have been a maul to pull down though, or at least not in our own half.

I'm sorry, I don't usually react so hysterically but I can't see how that's not Priestland's fault. Sometimes one player has to step forward and lay claim to the bulk of responsibility for losing a game and today that's Priestland. He was in a relatively comfortable position, under no extreme pressure. He could have run with it or shift it on to another player. He picked exactly the wrong option and handed it to the Aussies on a platter. Not only that but he did it all game, even when the Wallabies were a man down. He looks absolutely clueless and deserves nowhere near the starting XV at present.

I feel like a hook's been plunged into my guts and is ripping them out. It's a mirror-image of 2007, you'd think they'd learn from that occasion.

3-0 series romp here we come, just not the way we were hoping. Pathetic furious Crying or Very sad

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

Not saying he should hide from it NTH, I've already said I agree he kicked it too far. But he didn't give away the two subsequent penalties.

That's all I'm saying. It's a team performance, not an individual one, so I prefer to look at it as a whole, and not tear players to shreds over individual errors. Tis just not what I personally, like to see,OK

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

will vuna get sighted for that challenge? surely he wont feature next week, wales now need to win next week for pride and more importantly 4th place in the rankings.
i think whole team in general was poor, no real attack, beck didnt do much, the back 3 for wales were the most active for wales, ryan jones did well,
would have to say warburton on bench next week, we need someone to compete with pocock and warbs still isint 100% so tips to start
ryan jones captain
hibbard should start with owens on bench. ianto to come in for alyn wyn and partner charteris.
half back i dont trust hook, priestland was ok but i think we need a change so hook to start (prefer biggar) williams in for beck.

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:No they won't Billtong. This team could be cracking but unless this monkey comes off their backs soon they will fall into the same old rut.

There was no great rugby there from Wales, I don't see any strike plays, and very little cohesion. We have individuals, but lack world class in key positions, 8, 9, and 10. Thats whats killing us.
I can agree Phillips and Priestland aren't the best, but neither are they a liability, NZ has played 4 years without a truly great 9 and yet found a way to work around it.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

Any sensible team would keep possession.

Priestland kicks high balls that are too far or he make headless chicken decisions like that last kick.

WHERE IS THE COMPOSURE?

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

3 LOST LINEOUTS IN A ROW IN ATTACKING 22 COST US THE GAME.

We probably lost 6-10 point from that. Did well to come back in the 2nd half AGAIN, TWO GAMES IN A ROW, but we should have never been in that position in the first place.

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

Priestland doesnt kick anywhere near that often for the Scarlets, instead of all the finger pointing at him we should all be asking what on earth was the game plan from Howley, he clearly looked stressed whenever the camera was on him and IMO is the guy who has told the players to keep kicking at every opportunity.
RP wasn't the only player kicking away possesion and its the second game on the trott we've done the same thing.

1 dimensional gameplan with no ability to change during the game.

Lets just hope its changed by next weekend.

Last edited by 2ndtimeround on Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadair Idris Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:31 pm

NewTraditionalHaka wrote:"I think he kicked too far, yes, but I in no way think he's singlehandedly cost us the game. That I will not agree with at all. It's a 15 man game, not 1."

It is indeed rugbydreamer, but you're missing the point. There often comes a phase in the game, at the end, when everything that went on before no longer matters because you have it's destiny in your hands. It's also a time when errors cannot be recovered from. A time where risky decisions have no place. That was unforced, concious, schoolboy decision making. It was an utterly dreadful decision. It cost everything that went on before. No one should hide from that.

+1. I hate to say it but the sort of decision which was the reverse of how England won the world cup in those last 5 minutes in 2003. What was Woodward irritating but accurate motto - thinking clearly under pressure? Anyway, Rhys has his strengths and I don't like to slate him, I just fear he doesn't have the temperament for high pressure test match situations. He's shown it time and again to be honest.

Cadair Idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

Watched the game with my brother in law. Priest kicks deep on 77 min. OK says we - keep them pinned down their end. ollowing the 22 dropout the ref gives a joke of a penalty - they get territory and the hooter goes. I turned to my bro-in-law and said "I've got a horrible feeling he's gonna give them a penalty" ............ and he did. What a !

So it wasn't the players' fault for bringing the maul down (which is illegal btw) but the ref's? How is that so? The least someone can do is back up an accusation.

When you're winning with a minute left on the clock you keep the ball in hand, it's quite simple. Well for everyone except Special Rhys that is.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by NewTraditionalHaka Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

"Not saying he should hide from it NTH, I've already said I agree he kicked it too far. But he didn't give away the two subsequent penalties.":

Dreamer, the minute he kicked that ball back to them, anyone who knows Australian rugby and understood the tempo of the game, knew what was going to happen. Priestland, obviously, should know better than most. It's a shame and i'm sure he'll lose sleep because of it, but a fact's a fact. That act lost a game that was effectively already won - the roadmap was laid out before him. Let's hope he takes the lesson rather than just the blame.

NewTraditionalHaka

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

As for the Priestland kick with 2 mins to go they needed to get the ball out of Wales half, if he hadnt done that then Australia would have been given a penalty anyway for not releasing in the tackle, whatever RP had done that ref was always going to give Australia another strike at goal.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadair Idris Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Priestland doesnt kick anywhere near that often for the Scarlets, instead of all the finger pointing at him we should all be asking what on earth was the game plan from Howley, he clearly looked stressed whenever the camera was on him and IMO is the guy who has told the players to keep kicking at every opportunity.
RP wasn't the only player kicking away possesion and its the second game on the trott we've done the same thing.

I agree, Howley looks completely out of his depth, it's very worrying.

Have to say I think a distinction needs to be made between a kicking game (good or bad) dictated by the management for the game as a whole, and individual players knowing how to close a game out at the death by taking responsibilty and for once not kicking the damn ball away - 2 different things.

Cadair Idris

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

Of course he was. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:As for the Priestland kick with 2 mins to go they needed to get the ball out of Wales half, if he hadnt done that then Australia would have been given a penalty anyway for not releasing in the tackle, whatever RP had done that ref was always going to give Australia another strike at goal.

absolutely spot on.

Rhys was shoveled Poopie ball and he didn't have an option but to kick.

I think he did kick too far, but kick it was all he could do without running the risk of conceding a penalty.

We should have made Australia work far harder to work their way back up the pitch, instead of gifting them penalties.

Our tactics cost us the match overall, I think, although I know there'll be a lot of people who disagree with that Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Watched the game with my brother in law. Priest kicks deep on 77 min. OK says we - keep them pinned down their end. ollowing the 22 dropout the ref gives a joke of a penalty - they get territory and the hooter goes. I turned to my bro-in-law and said "I've got a horrible feeling he's gonna give them a penalty" ............ and he did. What a !

So it wasn't the players' fault for bringing the maul down (which is illegal btw) but the ref's? How is that so? The least someone can do is back up an accusation.

When you're winning with a minute left on the clock you keep the ball in hand, it's quite simple. Well for everyone except Special Rhys that is.

The Maul had been stopped from moving forwards twice prior to that but Australia were not even told to use it or lose it, besides which I've not seen any footage yet that shows the Maul was bought down by a Welsh player rather than an Aussie.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:

The Maul had been stopped from moving forwards twice prior to that but Australia were not even told to use it or lose it, besides which I've not seen any footage yet that shows the Maul was bought down by a Welsh player rather than an Aussie.

Exactamundo 2ndtime. They lost control of it.

Then there was a 90deg scrum we should have got - ref says play on! followed up by an accidental offside and two oz knock ons and the ref gives them a penalty. What a furious
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

to be fair lads, I think the ref had an okay game, there were a couple of dodgy decisions both ways.

Think our tactics cost us more than anything else. Juts got to take this one on the chin, and build for the next match now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubby_funster Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Long time reader, first time poster…always wanted to write/say that

Normally I don't feel strongly enough to post on here but I just cannot believe that Priestland is getting all this criticism. Yes, his tactical kicking was poor, he made a dreadful decision at the end.

BUT it was Matthew Rees' line out that is most to blame for that loss. The only reason Oz were in it in the fist half was thanks to the 3 or 4 missed line outs from Rees just gifting them possession. This gave them the ball and confidence to attack us and completely took the wind out of our sails. If it had been Owens or Hibbard we would have secured most, if not all of those line outs and thus kept possession, which obviously would have taken away the scoring opportunities Oz took...rant over

Chubby_funster

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

There is no excuse for 3 lost lineouts on own ball in a row in attacking 22.

Any team who plays that badly deserves to lose 50-0.

With the unforced errors from Wales they were lucky to be in with a chance!

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Priestland doesnt kick anywhere near that often for the Scarlets, instead of all the finger pointing at him we should all be asking what on earth was the game plan from Howley, he clearly looked stressed whenever the camera was on him and IMO is the guy who has told the players to keep kicking at every opportunity.

I don't think all the blame should be aimed at Howley, it is Gatland's game plan after all, Howley hasn't changed things at all really, and Neil Jenkins is the kicking strategist as well so...

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:to be fair lads, I think the ref had an okay game, there were a couple of dodgy decisions both ways.

Think our tactics cost us more than anything else. Juts got to take this one on the chin, and build for the next match now.

A couple of dodgy decisions! Come on now dreamer - that's very diplomatic Very Happy
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

I was really surprised they didn't bring on Tips though. I was waiting and waiting, and .... nothing happened, how can you leave a player on the bench like that?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Chubby_funster wrote:Long time reader, first time poster…always wanted to write/say that

Normally I don't feel strongly enough to post on here but I just cannot believe that Priestland is getting all this criticism. Yes, his tactical kicking was poor, he made a dreadful decision at the end.

BUT it was Matthew Rees' line out that is most to blame for that loss. The only reason Oz were in it in the fist half was thanks to the 3 or 4 missed line outs from Rees just gifting them possession. This gave them the ball and confidence to attack us and completely took the wind out of our sails. If it had been Owens or Hibbard we would have secured most, if not all of those line outs and thus kept possession, which obviously would have taken away the scoring opportunities Oz took...rant over

Granted I didn't see a lot of the match, and don't think I see these lineouts, but the hooker isn't always at fault in the lineout. If they're crooked or overthrown (this is a timing issue too) then they are pretty much at fault but other than that it isn't always their fault.

Welcome to the boards.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

ha perhaps! but honestly, I didn't have an issue with him.

What we need to improve on is:

1. our tactical kick and chase. We showed v little improvement on this from the first test.

2. our lineout. Whether it's the thrower or the jumper/lifters I just don't know, but it's been poor two matches in a row now.

Improve on those two, and defend like we did today, then I think we'll beat Aus in the next test.

And welcome to the boards, Chubby OK

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

Commentator: "And Advantage to Wales!!"

(Time: 77:56 - Slow ruck by Wales, ref standing right next to ruck, plenty of time to check how much time is left in the game)

Commentator: "Bradley Davis, just rollsss around. That is the halfway line, under two minutes to go. Two of the most important minutes in Wales history."

(Time: 78:37 - Balls passed out and there is a nervous fumble but Wales regather and get a 2nd advantage)

Commentator: "Another advantage here, because there was another Wallaby hand coming in there. This is where you want leadership, someone to take charge."

(Time 78:43 - Ball is passed out of ruck to Priestland. He boots it up field giving possession back to Adam Ashley Cooper.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I actually think maybe the scrum half is to blame and not priestland. He should have been waving in the Welsh forwards to pick and drive, but instead he passed it out to priestland. Priestland had no option to kick it deep then. But I think Wales were panicking a bit in that last two minutes, they did not look very comfortable.

Despite the fact I was supporting Aus (because I've lived there half my life) I really do feel sorry Welsh fans today. It was Wales game, they totally deserved to win it. Good luck in the final test!

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

It doesn't matter anyway.

Next week will be a Mickey Mouse selection (from both sides).

It will be just like the Lions third test, Wales may win, but who cares?

1 win out of 5 vs Australia. Your last match with an experimental side. Will be of no benefit at all.

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

wales need the win mackhead. dont think they dont

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

You are right dreamer - lots we could have done better but let's imagine the ref didn't gift penalties to oz - could it have been a different game then?

That's why I'm so gutted. 1st game I was talking about the rugby - now I'm angry because a ref affected the outcome of the game. We may still have lost, but we'll never know now and that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth Rolling Eyes
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

Only for Irb rankings, other than that its a dud

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

Here we go with the "we was robbed" shizz again

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

mystiroakey wrote:wales need the win mackhead. dont think they dont

Australia won't risk any of their best players or anyone with a potential injury niggle. Wales will give certain players a run out like Harry Robinson and Tipuric.

It will be good experience for the youngsters, but it won't have the feel of the first two matches and it won't be a true demonstration of how good Wales can be / aren't.

Wales HAD to get a win in the first 2 tests. It means nothing now. We need to teach these players how to have composure and how to grind out a win. We must be very ruthless with dropping players who do silly things. There is no place for it in test rugby.

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

gowales wrote:Here we go with the "we was robbed" shizz again

Do you actually think the ref was fair?
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Irb rankings and to stop this run they have on you. Dont play down the possible win for wales. Look at england v sweden in the footy- we beat em in a non important game and then beat em in the competitive match after .Its important for you lot to get a SH win under your belt

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:07 pm

Totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

I don't think he decided the outcome like you do. Sore loser

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

Totallybiasedscarlet wrote:You are right dreamer - lots we could have done better but let's imagine the ref didn't gift penalties to oz - could it have been a different game then?

That's why I'm so gutted. 1st game I was talking about the rugby - now I'm angry because a ref affected the outcome of the game. We may still have lost, but we'll never know now and that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth Rolling Eyes

I actually have more issue with the ref in the first game. Just goes to show how differently fans can view a game I guess Smile

The game was there for us to win, and we didn't through stupid errors. That's what hurts the most for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

It was definitely the ref!

He made Matthew Rees play like a donkey
He made Mike Phillips knock on and kick the ball away a few times
He made Rhys Priestland make a plethora of bonkers decisions.

Damn I hate that ref he really cost us.

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

Stop blaming the Referree, it was the lack of nouse that cost Wales the game.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

gowales wrote:
Totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

I don't think he decided the outcome like you do. Sore loser

Yeah, I don't like losing - do you?

I particularly don't like refs giving spurious penalties and spoiling games. What's the problem?
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

rhonddasmackhead wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:wales need the win mackhead. dont think they dont

Australia won't risk any of their best players or anyone with a potential injury niggle. Wales will give certain players a run out like Harry Robinson and Tipuric.

It will be good experience for the youngsters, but it won't have the feel of the first two matches and it won't be a true demonstration of how good Wales can be / aren't.

Wales HAD to get a win in the first 2 tests. It means nothing now. We need to teach these players how to have composure and how to grind out a win. We must be very ruthless with dropping players who do silly things. There is no place for it in test rugby.

Put your best side out and smash em. your lot need the confidence and belief

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Totallybiasedscarlet Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

rhonddasmackhead wrote:It was definitely the ref!

He made Matthew Rees play like a donkey
He made Mike Phillips knock on and kick the ball away a few times
He made Rhys Priestland make a plethora of bonkers decisions.

Damn I hate that ref he really cost us.

He cost us 9 points!
Totallybiasedscarlet
Totallybiasedscarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

gowales wrote:Only for Irb rankings, other than that its a dud
There is no such thing as a dud test, or dead rubber, it is still a test and should be won at all cost
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

Fainga will probably replace Ioane if he's suspended. Other than that Australia will field their best possible team... injuries permitting.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rhonddasmackhead Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

Wales mistakes and infringements is what caused the penalty. Not the ref.

I never blame the ref.

If a side needs referee's decisions to win then that side isn't good enough and doesn't deserve to win anyway.

rhonddasmackhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next