The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman....

+4
TRUSSMAN66
Imperial Ghosty
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
8 posters

Go down

Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman.... Empty Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman....

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:02 pm

prove that Tyson would beat both young and old Forman???

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman.... Empty Re: Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman....

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

I showed that Morrison was a better boxer than Ali, Frazier and Norton.

azania

Back to top Go down

Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman.... Empty Re: Does Morrison's clinic win over Forman....

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

Tyson would have beaten the old version any day of the week but the important aspect of whether he beats the younger version is D'Amato, he through some absurd teachings put it into Tysons head that Foreman would have beaten him much like he did Frazier. I don't subscribe to that view as I think Tyson with superior head movement and power would have made the fight interesting and competitive before being knocked out.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

I've always felt Tyson would beat Foreman due to his speed and movement.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:33 pm

Much of it depends of his mentality going into the fight, having your own trainer tell you that you stand no chance beating him would impact on Tyson quite heavily, more so than most fighters.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

I doubt that if a young and prime Foreman were active when tyson was around, Cus would be filling his head with loser talk.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

If he was to fight Foreman..I doubt his trainer would tell him he'd lose and stay in his job!!

for what it's worse prime Tyson would only definitely lose to Ali!!

Everyone else at the top would be contentious...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

I still think that Tyson's tailor made for Foreman. I'd actually give Tyson a better chance of beating Ali than he stands of beating the Foreman of '73 or '74. Foreman, along with Liston, is one of the two former Heavyweight greats that I'd make a seriously heavy favourite against Tyson.

Like Frazier, Tyson was made for someone with a top class uppercut. He stopped moving his head after a few rounds in any case and, in Foreman, is meeting one of the few Heavyweight legends who could match him for pure strength. I still find it incredible how he was able to absolutely brutalize Frazier the way he did; there was only 3 lb between them and yet he simply ragdolled him.

And before I get both barrels of the 'selling Tyson short' rhetoric, as most will know, I rate Tyson a hell of a lot higher than plenty of others here. No doubt in my mind that a young Tyson would have decisioned the old Foreman by a wide margin, but peak for peak, I don't see Mike having much success.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm

Still think Tyson would be too quick and elusive...circa 87...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I still think that Tyson's tailor made for Foreman. I'd actually give Tyson a better chance of beating Ali than he stands of beating the Foreman of '73 or '74. Foreman, along with Liston, is one of the two former Heavyweight greats that I'd make a seriously heavy favourite against Tyson.

Like Frazier, Tyson was made for someone with a top class uppercut. He stopped moving his head after a few rounds in any case and, in Foreman, is meeting one of the few Heavyweight legends who could match him for pure strength. I still find it incredible how he was able to absolutely brutalize Frazier the way he did; there was only 3 lb between them and yet he simply ragdolled him.

And before I get both barrels of the 'selling Tyson short' rhetoric, as most will know, I rate Tyson a hell of a lot higher than plenty of others here. No doubt in my mind that a young Tyson would have decisioned the old Foreman by a wide margin, but peak for peak, I don't see Mike having much success.

He would match Foreman for strength and power and beat him for speed. Also many people say Tyson was not the same after the first few rounds. Neither was Foreman.

I reckon Tyson would KO Foreman and probably lose to Liston simply because of Liston's jab which was a serious and accurate weapon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:30 pm

Pretty much agree with Chris, word for word.

Tyson would have to survive sheer moments of hell if he were to pull this one off, and I'm not convinced he can.

Foreman in 6 for me.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:31 pm

Out of interest in Foreman's first career, how many people did he KO after 5 rounds?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:35 pm

He only went beyond 5 rounds 3 or 4 times which is the major point unless you're Ali you don't last long in the ring with him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

not many az... most of them were unconscious well before then

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

I wonder how he would have fared with someone standing there after 5 rounds still throwing bombs.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:41 pm

azania wrote:Also many people say Tyson was not the same after the first few rounds. Neither was Foreman.

That's true of course, Az, but in my mind Foreman still has more to hurt Tyson than Tyson has to hurt him. Ali befuddled him with the rope-a-dope, yes, but let's not pretend that Tyson was a similarly unpredictable and varied bag of tricks. He's going to be coming in low and constantly moving forward to Foreman all night, and I just don't really rate any swarmer's chances of undoing Foreman if they fight like that. You never really saw Foreman concede ground to anyone in his pomp, but the likes of Tucker and Douglas were able to push Tyson back at times and hurt him in close. Contrary to British folklore, Tucker's uppercut (rather than Bruno's left hook) was the first punch to give Tyson cause for concern, and we've all seen the Douglas fight countless times.

Not a slight against Tyson, but as I always say, "styles make fights" is the truest dictum in boxing. Put together any list of Heavyweight champions and Tyson is a virtual guarantee against some, the mere favourite against others, even against others and only a marginal underdog against another few. But Foreman is one of the two who I think has a field day with Mike.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:48 pm

Many see the Frazier as a blueprint. I don't. Tyson always came in behind a very good jab. I can see Foreman holding and pushing, Khan style, to make space. Tyson's speed and power will be the difference. Plus I reckon Tyson took a better punch.

Fun fight though. Not for the feint hearted.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Jul 2012, 11:33 pm

I think the Frazier fight is a blueprint of sorts insofar as Tyson is going to encounter all the same problems. My feeling is Tyson is better equipped to deal with them overall though. A tighter guard, better handspeed, better footspeed, better combination punching. I think this makes it a much closer fight, and obviously if it goes past 6 then it potentially becomes even more open. I think the amount of pushing that Foreman is able to get away with would be a big factor because if Tyson was shoved away every time he got close he would find it tough going. I think Foreman would still be the more secure bet but would expect Tyson to ask a much tougher question than Frazier ultimately did.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down