The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday

+14
88Chris05
tunes666
pacman79
BoxingFan88
davidemore
JabMachineMK2
azania
TopHat24/7
two_tone
seanmichaels
Union Cane
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
Seanusarrilius
18 posters

Go down

Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday Empty Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

Logic to me says that Chisora will come forward bobbing and weaving, just as he always does, and look t wipe Hayes nose. Haye will peddle and look to time Chisora with power punches, almost exclusively so.

But, isn't this a bit obvious?

What does Haye do if Chisora offers something different? Are either of them capable of bringing anything but this to this fight?

If it goes as I said at the top, there are only two possible outcomes IMO (providiing Chisora doesn't do something ridick)

Chisora comes forward but is sytematically worn down and stopped (on his feet) around 6/7 rounds. Haye is far faster and should be able to unload on Chisora and hit him.

Chisora soaks up some early punches but slips enough to keep coming, is busier and wins a tight decision over the 10/12 round distance.

Can anything else happen really? Barring madness?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday Empty Re: Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:31 pm

Haye may throw a punch and Chisora will bring in a shotgun and shoot it at haye with a longbow

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday Empty Re: Will Haye or Chisora do anything unexpected (fight style wise) on Saturday

Post by manos de piedra Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:35 pm

I would not anticipate anything different to your suggestion. The only possibility I could see for change would be if Chisoras pressure style is effective at closing Haye down and hes winning the rounds. In that instance I think you might see Haye having to stand toe to toe more and look to win a shoot out. But if Haye feels he is winning the rounds on the backfoot, picking Chisora off and keeping the space between them I think he will continue with that and Chisora wont be capable of doing anything else about it.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:40 pm

Dull fight, Haye decision, with everyone the best of friends at the final bell.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:42 pm

What if Chisora stands back, not syaing it will happen, but imagine how bad it would be. I think the world would literally end if Chisora stood back and waited on Haye, haha.

Undercard is getting precisely zero attention, I see

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:54 pm

Funny you should say this. Booth was on the wireless earlier saying that Haye will surprise everyone with the way he fights. I have no reason to disbelieve Haye's copromoter / coach even though he did say that'd be the case in the Klitschko fight. Unfortunately, as we all know, Dave broke his toe so was unable to stick to the gameplan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:56 pm

Chisora needs to win this really if he is going to continue fighting top level otherwise he will become a danger man with no real gain. 4 out of 5 loses doesnt exactly help him negotiating wise. I think he might suprise a few people with wanting it more and outworking him for a points decision, though I have gone with my head on prediction league - Haye UD.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 2:58 pm

What undercard?

Chisora will fight cautiously on Saturday night. In Germany he walked up to Haye and got into Haye's face thinking he'd back down....Haye unloaded on him in under two seconds. If Chisora walks up to Haye on Saturday with that in mind, Haye will do exactly the same except this time, there'll be no wrestling or bodyguards jumping in to help out.

Chisora will try bobbing and weaving and lunging forward like he did against Vitali. Haye is infinitely more mobile than Vitali so if those tactics work then Haye is either drugged to the eyeballs, in a coma, absolutely terrible or Chisora has suddenly become RJJ.

Chisora will have to bring something new to the fight as what he previously possessed will not get him the win. My belief is that Chisora can only do what he usually does and will have to keep doing it for longer. Nothing he has in his locker should trouble Haye.

Haye's only concern is switching off in the middle rounds and Chisora delaying the inevitable. However, I think Haye will look to finish the job before the end and push for a fight with Vitali afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:01 pm

I would suspect a bit of kiddology from Booth there aimed at trying to reassure fans Haye wont bore the place out like some of his other heavyweight fights have been. Im not sure why he would fight different because Chisoras style I think is actually a good foil for the way Haye has tended to fight at heavyweight.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

think Haye will want to make a statement and stop him to add weight to his claims for a Vit fight, add that to being less wary of Chis' power than Wlad's and I think he'll be more aggressive. Not v-Audley agressive, but still..

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:31 pm

DAVE667 wrote:What undercard?

Chisora will fight cautiously on Saturday night. In Germany he walked up to Haye and got into Haye's face thinking he'd back down....Haye unloaded on him in under two seconds. If Chisora walks up to Haye on Saturday with that in mind, Haye will do exactly the same except this time, there'll be no wrestling or bodyguards jumping in to help out.

Chisora will try bobbing and weaving and lunging forward like he did against Vitali. Haye is infinitely more mobile than Vitali so if those tactics work then Haye is either drugged to the eyeballs, in a coma, absolutely terrible or Chisora has suddenly become RJJ.

Chisora will have to bring something new to the fight as what he previously possessed will not get him the win. My belief is that Chisora can only do what he usually does and will have to keep doing it for longer. Nothing he has in his locker should trouble Haye.

Haye's only concern is switching off in the middle rounds and Chisora delaying the inevitable. However, I think Haye will look to finish the job before the end and push for a fight with Vitali afterwards.

Nice summary DAVE. If Haye hurts him and doesn't look to finish off then he may aswell retre. The only thing that can help Haye regain some credibility after Wlad is a big KO. It should present itself too, given the styles

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:44 pm

The unexpected will come from Haye. He is likely to throw more than 5 punches in the first round.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

Haye will come in and windmill insults at Chisora and get told off.

Chisora will try to eat David Hayes shoulders.

Police will be involved, there will be fights in the crowd over what publication is better, the scum or the Daily Star.

Frank Warren will end the event urinating and crying as a big debt collector from the Luxembourg Commission stands over him with a big "pay us money" baseball bat

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:31 pm

They may both box with a passion and an intensity that causes all their sceptics to retract all the mean and nasty things they've said about them over the years. The Boxing community will hold them in high regard and they will be a shoe-in for Fight of the Year.

Parents will name their children after them and not be overly concerned about the weird way the "Dereck" is spelled

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jul 2012, 4:40 pm

I think it's a good fight. Chisora may be a cannon, Haye a vane pr!ck but they're probably both top 10 heavyweights (in the world). Not often we get something like this between 2 brits.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jul 2012, 5:39 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I think it's a good fight. Chisora may be a cannon, Haye a vane pr!ck but they're probably both top 10 heavyweights (in the world). Not often we get something like this between 2 brits.

Christ, the division is in worse shape that we first thought

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Thu 12 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

Chisora is going to be a handful IMO. I can't see Haye blasting him out of there early, and i don't consider him a boxer, so this leads me to believe it will be one hell of a ruck.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:01 pm

I have a gut feeling Haye is going to smash him to pieces.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by pacman79 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

I really dislike Chisora and I think he's a total scumbag.
However, I have a feeling he is going to pull off the upset and beat Haye.
Chisora is 11/4 with the bookies. They are great odds for a live underdog and I'll be throwing 50 quid on him.

Last edited by pacman79 on Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

pacman79

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 12 Jul 2012, 11:35 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

In Germany he walked up to Haye and got into Haye's face thinking he'd back down....Haye unloaded on him in under two seconds. If Chisora walks up to Haye on Saturday with that in mind, Haye will do exactly the same except this time, there'll be no wrestling or bodyguards jumping in to help out.

You mean after Chisora had gone 12 hard rounds with VK, and was holding a mic too Hayes mouth, while Haye had a bottle in his hand and then a tripod?? as far as I could see Chisora was going after David and he was running away... and It would not shock me if this is how the fight goes... although Hayes power will be a factor.. IF Chisora can slip and take his punches I think Haye will be in deep water with no tripod..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

Haye hit Chisora with a peach from very close range.

Chisora went down.

Haye will continually hit Chisora from all ranges.

Chisora will go down.

Haye is a monsterous hitter when he tees off.

for the record, I don't want either to win.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:36 pm

No matter what angle I look at this from, I can't see how Chisora wins it. Sure, he's the naturally bigger and more robust guy. Yes he likes to come forward. Of course, he can take a good punch from a fully-fledged Heavy.

The problem for 'Del Boy' is that he simply doesn't have the ability or class as a boxer to deal with Haye's speed, accuracy and movement. He, Warren and his team have done a wonderful job in convincing people that this is a 50:50 fight, though.

I think their respective performances against a Klitschko brother have blurred people's visions on their abilities a little. For all his hussle and bussle, Chisora actually lost to Vitali by wider margins than Haye did to Wladimir, and there's little doubt that Wlad is the superior operator of the Klitschko clan right now.

Chisora will go after Haye from the off, but I expect a similar fight to Haye-Valuev with one notable exception - Haye will be more willing to throw shots in threes and fours rather than ones and twos this time, before sliding back out of range. Chisora will be hitting thin air for the most part, I imagine.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

Pacman79, welcome back buddy! Been a heck of a long time!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 12:40 pm

tunes666 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

In Germany he walked up to Haye and got into Haye's face thinking he'd back down....Haye unloaded on him in under two seconds. If Chisora walks up to Haye on Saturday with that in mind, Haye will do exactly the same except this time, there'll be no wrestling or bodyguards jumping in to help out.

You mean after Chisora had gone 12 hard rounds with VK, and was holding a mic too Hayes mouth, while Haye had a bottle in his hand and then a tripod?? as far as I could see Chisora was going after David and he was running away... and It would not shock me if this is how the fight goes... although Hayes power will be a factor.. IF Chisora can slip and take his punches I think Haye will be in deep water with no tripod..

Watch it again, Chisora walks up to Haye (whether he has a mic in his hand is irrelevant) and he gets a punch in the mouth. The point is he thought Haye would back down and he was wrong.

Chris is correct in his assessment and it's something I alluded to elsewhere, Chisora simply doesn't have enough in his bag of tricks to beat Haye. This isn't Rocky fighting orthodox to fool Clubber Lang in their rematch...this is Chisora. He's capable but limited and all things being equal, he should be beaten quite esily. This fight should be as hard or easy as Haye decides to make it

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 2:19 pm

I was watching Haye vs Ruiz last night, granted Chisora is better than Ruiz, but I think it will go similar.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:45 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:I was watching Haye vs Ruiz last night, granted Chisora is better than Ruiz, but I think it will go similar.

Thats how I see it as well. It will be a bit more competitive but the general nature of the fight will be similar.
Both guys will fight in exactly the same manner which has given them success.
Chisora will plod foward and push the fight, Haye will fight on the backfoot and ambush Chisora with his heavy hooks and counters.
I envisage Haye winning by late TKO/UD with Chisora getting floored early.
Only thing else I can see happening is a frustrated Chisora getting DQ for repeated heabutts/low-blows etc.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 13 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

But, isn't this a bit obvious?

----------

I sense another Adam Booth "Masterplan" where he will say before the fight that Haye will down him in 1 only to box cautiously to 12.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:I was watching Haye vs Ruiz last night, granted Chisora is better than Ruiz, but I think it will go similar.

Thats how I see it as well. It will be a bit more competitive but the general nature of the fight will be similar.
Both guys will fight in exactly the same manner which has given them success.
Chisora will plod foward and push the fight, Haye will fight on the backfoot and ambush Chisora with his heavy hooks and counters.
I envisage Haye winning by late TKO/UD with Chisora getting floored early.
Only thing else I can see happening is a frustrated Chisora getting DQ for repeated heabutts/low-blows etc.

Ruiz was pretty awful in that fight, just walked forward with no head movement and very sluggish, at 38 he was a ok heavyweight that was clearly shot, knocked down in the first round and still took it 9 rounds before it was stopped and Haye was heavier in that fight....

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
The problem for 'Del Boy' is that he simply doesn't have the ability or class as a boxer to deal with Haye's speed, accuracy and movement. He, Warren and his team have done a wonderful job in convincing people that this is a 50:50 fight, though.
Have they?, to me the vast majority think its going to be Haye and early... its just the grudge that makes it more appealing..

For me its not so much about Chisora, but more about Haye, we know what Chisora can do and what Haye will need to avoid.. But how good Haye is as a heavyweight is something that still has an air of uncertainty.

The only three heavyweights he has faced that merit some kind of credit IMO is Valuev, Ruiz and WK. He by no means looked amazing against Valuev, beat a very slow and static 38 year old Ruiz and got schooled by WK.

Im not saying that Haye is not a world class boxer, just that as a heavyweight he has not really wanted to get too many decent fights going on and only wants the big pay days with the Ks... Chisora is a young hungry genuine Heavyweight and while not as good as WK, I fancy him to beat the other guys Haye has.

I also do not think Haye has more power than Chisora at Heavyweight, what has he done to show he has at Heavyweight? most of his knock outs were at cruiserweight.. So I think powerwise they are about Even..

Haye is the more likely winner but its interesting because it might not be a Klitschko, but at heavyweight its a step up from what he has faced otherwise I think, so who knows. Have we seen Haye go toe too toe with a strong live Heavyweight? No. We have seen him beat up old slow Heavyweights, and we have seen him hit and run against big guys winning once and loosing once.

I think their respective performances against a Klitschko brother have blurred people's visions on their abilities a little. For all his hussle and bussle, Chisora actually lost to Vitali by wider margins than Haye did to Wladimir, and there's little doubt that Wlad is the superior operator of the Klitschko clan right now.
but if you look at the fight then who gave the brother a harder time? Dave ran all night where Chisora went forward and had a go... there was about 3 rounds where people thought chisora was actually turning the fight around and may do it... apart from a punch in the last round Haye never really looked in it... although both done better than most.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jul 2012, 7:59 pm

I can't see anything surprising here in styles.

For Haye fans, I'd be worried that he thinks Chisora isn't fit, despite carrying more bodyfat than Haye. Chisora lasted the pace very well against Vitali so that would be a mistake from Haye's team to bank against this.

An interesting point was made by David Price saying how he thinks Haye will hurt Chisora because of the angle of the punches. Where Vit was punching downwards, Haye is a similar height to Chisora so the punches will come from lower down right up into Chisora's chin.

Thought it insightful that the boxer makes reference to a very physical aspect which oustiders such as ourselves may fail to notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 13 Jul 2012, 8:28 pm

anyone know what time this fight starts

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down