The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised

+7
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Portnoy
two_tone
ChequeredJersey
mr_stonelea
GSC
TopHat24/7
11 posters

Go down

Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised Empty Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 10:24 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19177730

The definition of pathetic?

Wish they'd find the scallywag and shove a pineapple up his arris as punishment.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised Empty Re: Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised

Post by GSC Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

Unfortunately its probably a point of pride for someone lacking in brain cells in the Sheffield area
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised Empty Re: Jessica Ennis gold postbox in Sheffield vandalised

Post by mr_stonelea Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:23 pm

It was probably the same bloke who threw a bottle at usain

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:32 pm

Disgraceful. The perpetrator should be dragged around Sheffield by his heels attached to a Chariot pulled by Wiggins and Sir Chris.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mr_stonelea Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Disgraceful. The perpetrator should be dragged around Sheffield by his heels attached to a Chariot pulled by Wiggins and Sir Chris.

And then invited to a dinner party, sitting next to a dutch judo lady...

mr_stonelea

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 6:42 pm

mr_stonelea wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:Disgraceful. The perpetrator should be dragged around Sheffield by his heels attached to a Chariot pulled by Wiggins and Sir Chris.

And then invited to a dinner party, sitting next to a dutch judo lady...

thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 09 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

Tie him at the end of the field for the duration of the javelin/shot put/hammer throw events

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:44 pm

The vandalism was the graffito "Go Jess" which might be construed as compliment.

Of course if it was done by Banksy, it would be proclaimed a work of art and a national treasure.

And what is more, if the vandalism wasn't publicised, maybe it wouldn't encourage copycat acts on the other 23(and counting) guaranteed gold mail boxes dotted around the UK.

Last edited by Portnoy on Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:58 pm

Portnoy wrote:The vandalism was the graffito "Go Jess"

So this differs from someone painting it gold in that it was cheaper?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:03 pm

I was holding fire on this until I found out what was written. I don't see anything wrong with people contributing to the gold postbox, in many ways it makes every local gold box unique and like a shrine to that athlete.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

English reign i totally agree- i was like why has some one vandalised her gold post box, then i found out it was someone writing there best wishes on it and i am thinking- hang on - is that even vandalism.. maybe everyone should sign the thing..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:10 pm

I apologise. I should have waited to see what was written
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

We have had the postbox for our fantastic rower Kat Copeland vandalised. Were a fantastic little village but atleast the below from the BBC website stated that two girls had actually travelled in to commit the offence which is rather random. Thankfully they have re-painted it already Smile

"A postbox painted gold in a Teesside town in honour of Olympic champion rower Kat Copeland has been vandalised.

Cleveland Police said that the damage to the postbox, in Ingleby Barwick, near Stockton, consisted of initials scratched into the paintwork.

They said two girls from outside the area were thought to be responsible and they were arranging to speak to them".

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

What were the initials ? ER?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:17 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:What were the initials ? ER?

It was the intials of the two girls, another website saying that they were 15 and 11 yr old lol

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 10 Aug 2012, 10:18 am

Elizabeth Regina? I didn't know the queen was so bitter that she'd vandalise a postbox?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down