The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again.....

+7
two_tone
bhb001
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
trottb
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
11 posters

Go down

Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again..... Empty Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again.....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 08 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

http://www.newspakistan.pk/2012/08/07/emanuel-steward-i%E2%80%99ve-spoke-amir-khan/

The American boxing trainer, Emanuel Steward, who is an inductee of the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame, has rejected claims from Amir Khan by saying that he has never spoken to anyone form the Brit’s camp.

The Bolton man, who is more commonly known as King Khan, lost his WBA title to Danny Garcia on July 14 at the Mandalay Bay Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada and since then he is pondering over his relationship with Freddie Roach, who has shaped up his career till now.

While speaking to SkySports, Khan claimed that he has been approached by Steward for training and he is thinking over it.

Khan was quoted saying as, “I’ve had so many trainers approach me in the past week. Steward is the main one who’s approached me. Many trainers have said they can make me into a big, unbeatable fighter. It’s all about taking my time on this; it’s a big decision to make. I’m still with Freddie at the moment, but in a week’s time things might change. It’s all about seeing who might suit my style, who might help me on my offense, who might help me on my defense.”

However, when Chris Robinson of BoxingScene.com contacted Steward to confirm the news, he got surprised as the trainer said he has never contacted anyone.

“I have no comment on that,” Steward would state. “I haven’t spoken to anybody from Amir Khan’s camp. I never called anyone; I’ve never spoke to anyone. I have no knowledge of anything.”
Steward is currently working with the likes of unified heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius ‘K9’ Bundrage and middleweight contender Andy Lee. Nevertheless, Steward has insisted that he is simply enjoying dome down time at the moment.

“That’s the truth,” Steward would claim. “I’m just taking a break right now.”

Well, all said and done, let’s see how Amir Khan responds to this situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

haha, this is priceless, Khan making up lies to pretend like he is important in the sport. Glad he has been found out as a liar....as well as a cry baby, a chinless wonder, bami legs, idiot........

At least he still has that offer from Enzo, eh?

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again..... Empty Re: Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again.....

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:11 pm

Wouldn't put much more stock in Steward's words than Khan's TBH. He's a gun for hire, will pretty much pawn himself to the highest bidder. If can offers him big money he'll be his next trainer.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again..... Empty Re: Looks like Khan is living in his dream world again.....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:22 pm

But why slam Khan's claim so abruptly? Most other trainers would have tiptoed round the question.

Stewart has made Khan look silly here I think (which doesnt take much) by more or less saying that Khan has made it up.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:42 pm

Not sure of the legal ramifications if he were seen to be poaching Khan.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Seems a little mean spirited a thread for what could be little more than a breakdown in communication.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:47 pm

rowley wrote:Seems a little mean spirited a thread for what could be little more than a breakdown in communication.

Thank godness the missus isn't on here, otherwise there could be a lot of these.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

trottb wrote:
rowley wrote:Seems a little mean spirited a thread for what could be little more than a breakdown in communication.

Thank godness the missus isn't on here

Scottrf?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:16 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Wouldn't put much more stock in Steward's words than Khan's TBH. He's a gun for hire, will pretty much pawn himself to the highest bidder. If can offers him big money he'll be his next trainer.

You sound jealous.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:24 pm

bhb001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Wouldn't put much more stock in Steward's words than Khan's TBH. He's a gun for hire, will pretty much pawn himself to the highest bidder. If can offers him big money he'll be his next trainer.

You sound jealous.

lol no, just have a higher opinion of him as a trainer than a person......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:48 pm

A breakdown in communication Jeff??

There would have to be communication in order for it to breakdown!!

And why isn't Enzo being sued for poaching!!??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:53 pm

Just think the thread is a little over the top, none of us know what has happened, there are a lot of hangers on in boxing, how do we know someone has not approached Khan saying he is with Steward and Manny is keen to train him when the guy has sod all to do with Manny, plenty of guys like this in boxing.

Given something like this could easily have happened and you then go on to call him "a liar....as well as a cry baby, a chinless wonder, bami legs, idiot........" does suggest to me you're not exactly coming at this one from the most objective perspective.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:56 pm

Wouldn't rule out him being mis-quoted either even if he is a bit special at times.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:59 pm

I think I went pretty easy on him Jeff!

You should hear what I say about him outside of the internet Very Happy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Thu 09 Aug 2012, 3:07 pm

Steward can lie, Why would Khan need to lie about this. Agree with TopHat24/7

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 09 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

“I have no comment on that"

“I haven’t spoken to anybody from Amir Khan’s camp. I never called anyone; I’ve never spoke to anyone. I have no knowledge of anything.”

Obviously, Steward struggles with the meaning of no comment!

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 09 Aug 2012, 11:49 pm

Bit of an attack on Khan here in my opinion, even if he was just name dropping, so what?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 10 Aug 2012, 1:26 am

Does Stewart not have a manager? maybe his managment have contacted Khan just to see whats what before bringing it to the table with Strewart?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down