The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Rabo team has made the best signings.

+17
bluestonevedder
Feckless Rogue
profitius
ScarletSpiderman
Notch
red_stag
LordDowlais
clivemcl
Kingshu
Mickado
maestegmafia
Morgannwg
RDW
Janecory
justified sinner
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Artful_Dodger
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Rabo team has made the best signings. - Page 2 Empty Which Rabo team has made the best signings.

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 21 Aug 2012, 7:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Following on from Matt's posts but for the Rabo instead of the AP.

Blues - Andy Kyraciou, Benoit Borrust, Lou Reed, Jason Tovey, Campese Ma'afu
Connacht - Danie Poolman, Willie Faloon, Nathan White
Ulster - Tommy Bowe, Roger Wilson, Nick Williams, Rob Herring, Niall O'Connor
Munster - Casey Laulala, James Downey, CJ Stander
Dragons - Tom Prydie, Dan Evans, Tim Ryan Ian Nimmo
Leinster - Quinn Roux, Andrew Goodman, Michael Bent, Tom Denton
Ospreys - Jonathan Spratt
Scarlets - George Earle, Gareth Owen, Tomás Vallejos, Kristian Phillips
Edinburgh - WP Nel, Izak van der Westhuizen, John Yapp, Dimitri Basilaia, Ben Atiga, Richie Rees
Glasgow - Sean Lamont, Viliami Ma'afu, Angus MacDonald
Treviso - Alberto de Marchi, Simone Favaro, Giulio Toniolatti

Looks to me like all teams will be stronger than they were last season, with the possible exception of the Ospreys who have lost a lot of top players and not really brought in any big names. I don't think the Dragons will move much as a result of their signigns. Edinburgh though, have really signed well as have Ulster. Blues signings can be a bit deceptive as they have lost an awful lot of names in the off season. Sorry for any mistakes btw.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:17 am; edited 7 times in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Which Rabo team has made the best signings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Rabo team has made the best signings.

Post by maestegmafia Wed 22 Aug 2012, 10:40 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:I think the Goodman that Leinster signed is a utility back from New Zealand. I think he heard he can kick goals. Maybe he's cover in anticipation of both Sexton and Madigan missing games because of Ireland duties?
he's a 10/12 that can kick. madigan will be with the ireland squad so we i think we do need him as reid will be our only 10 when they are gone.

A flyhalf centre is a good call...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Which Rabo team has made the best signings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Which Rabo team has made the best signings.

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

maestegmafia wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:I think the Goodman that Leinster signed is a utility back from New Zealand. I think he heard he can kick goals. Maybe he's cover in anticipation of both Sexton and Madigan missing games because of Ireland duties?
he's a 10/12 that can kick. madigan will be with the ireland squad so we i think we do need him as reid will be our only 10 when they are gone.

A flyhalf centre is a good call...

It is indeed. He's a big dude too. 6'2" and 16 odd stone. I think we will need him at 12 more than 10. I'm not convinced Madigan will get anywhere near the Ireland squad this season and if he does it will only be to train with them.

Apart from the fact that despite his incredible passing, decent break, long boot and confidence, he does not have a complete game yet. This is Declan Kidney we are talking. Sean O'Brien and Mike Ross only got into the squad because of injury.

We still need Goodman to cover though as anyone can get injured.

But 12 though. Darce and Ferg will be with Ireland. O'Malley is out. Luke Fitz is out until January. The rest, though promising are all in the Academy. You need a seasoned pro when the chips are down.

Only problem is Goodman won't arrive until late October at the earliest. Our need is greatest right now.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:48 am

Dragons have also signed Tim Ryan (prop) and Ian Nimmo (lock). Not exactly marquee signings, but signings to add to the list none the less. In our pre-season win over London Irish, Prydie and Dan Evans were very good, but they need the platform up front to allow them the time and space to show what they've got. That's why I'm hoping that Tim Ryan, while no world beater, will shore up the scrum a bit better than we could last season. Having said that, we were forced to blood lads in their early 20s in the front row last season and while it was painful I think it puts us in a better place now, especially with Iestyn Thomas coming in as scrum coach.

Same for Ian Nimmo. We've lost the height presence of Charteris in the lineout but he was never the most physical of locks but did make a high number of tackles. It's funny actually because Charteris was at Rodney Parade for years and years and was never any good. He used to call the lineouts but wouldn't call them to himself! It's only in the last 2 seasosn that's he's come on. Nimmo by all accounts is a bit of a dog/war horse/nuisance so hopefully he'll add a bit of bite and niggle to the pack that we've been missing. We have a good back row, but it is the set piece where we struggle up front so I think (hope) that Ryan in the front row and Nimmo in the 2nd will gives us that bit extra stability compared to last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:08 pm

rodders wrote:No it was Heaney, Marshall wasn't playing I don't think? Pretty sure has was loitering around the Terrace.

No he was, Marshall was very good in the first 40. Stood out for me. What I like about him is he can play that crash ball role as well as kick from hand and pass well.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:33 pm

Notch wrote:
rodders wrote:No it was Heaney, Marshall wasn't playing I don't think? Pretty sure has was loitering around the Terrace.

No he was, Marshall was very good in the first 40. Stood out for me. What I like about him is he can play that crash ball role as well as kick from hand and pass well.

Paul Marshall I mean Notch, not Luke. Heaney made the tackle, not Paul Marshall who wasn't playing...although I am shortsighted and had drank a couple of cider , so I could be wrong...... Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2