The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens

+40
Jimpy
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Majestic83
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cryptoyourisan
niwatts
LeinsterFan4life
reallybored
Pot Hale
Sgt_Pooly
wrfc1980
Morgannwg
Cumbrian
thebluesmancometh
doctor_grey
maestegmafia
EnglishReign
alive555
justified sinner
cp10
AlastairW
EST
Kingshu
Imperialbigdave
bsando
GLove39
LondonTiger
RuggerRadge2611
red_stag
rodders
SecretFly
Effervescing Elephant
yappysnap
TJ1
RDW
EWT Spoons
Geordie
funnyExiledScot
beshocked
George Carlin
44 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens - Page 7 Empty Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens

Post by George Carlin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Saturday 13 October 2012
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
Kick off: 15:35

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)

Teams:

monkey Edinburgh:

15 Tom Brown,
14 Lee Jones,
13 Nick De Luca,
12 Matt Scott,
11 Tim Visser,

10 Greig Laidlaw (capt),
9 Richie Rees,

8 Stuart McInally,
7 Ross Rennie,
6 David Denton,
5 Sean Cox,
4 Grant Gilchrist,
3 Willem Nel,
2 Ross Ford,
1 John Yapp.

Replacements:
16 Andy Titterrell, 17 Allan Jacobsen, 18 Geoff Cross, 19 Robert McAlpine, 20 Netani Talei, 21 Chris Leck, 22 Harry Leonard, 23 Dougie Fife

rose Saracens:

15 Alex Goode,
14 Chris Ashton,
13 Joel Tomkins,
12 Brad Barritt,
11 David Strettle,

10 Charlie Hodgson,
9 Richard Wigglesworth,

8 Jackson Wray,
7 Will Fraser,
6 Kelly Brown,
5 Mouritz Botha,
4 Steve Borthwick (capt),
3 Matt Stevens,
2 Schalk Brits,
1 Mako Vunipola.

Replacements:
16 John Smit, 17 Rhys Gill, 18 Petrus du Plessis, 19 George Kruis, 20 Andy Saull, 21 Neil de Kock, 22 Owen Farrell, 23 Chris Wyles

Current form in domestic league:

monkey Edinburgh:

9th Place - Played 6: W 2 D 0 L 4 - 12 points

rose Saracens:

4th Place - Played 6: W 4 D 1 L 1 - 20 points

Last year's Heineken Cup:

monkey Edinburgh:

Semi-finalists (lost 22-19 to Ulster at the Aviva Stadium)

rose Saracens:

Quarter-finalists (lost 3-22 to ASM Clermont Auvergne at Vicarage Road)

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens - Page 7 Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens

Post by SecretFly Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:25 pm

AlastairW wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Leinster should rightfully take the place of France there as the next best side Europe has to the All Blacks Wink

A good point. Alternately dumping the Kings, Rebels and Force from Super Rugby and adding Leinster, Clermont, Ulster and Toulouse would make a good World Club comp Wink

HC top 4 vs. S15 top 4.

No really, i'd pay subscription monies to see that. I think you're onto something. WUMing and bickering can lead to really good ideas! whodda thunk!

........but sure if Edingburgh were one of the top four the deal would fall through instantly as they'd have yet again slipped through the quality control sieve!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens - Page 7 Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 1 (Pool 1): Edinburgh Rugby v Saracens

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Leinster should rightfully take the place of France there as the next best side Europe has to the All Blacks Wink

A good point. Alternately dumping the Kings, Rebels and Force from Super Rugby and adding Leinster, Clermont, Ulster and Toulouse would make a good World Club comp Wink

HC top 4 vs. S15 top 4.

No really, i'd pay subscription monies to see that. I think you're onto something. WUMing and bickering can lead to really good ideas! whodda thunk!

........but sure if Edingburgh were one of the top four the deal would fall through instantly as they'd have yet again slipped through the quality control sieve!

I think we're on to something here!

And surely you could just get rid of the crappy LV cup because all of the teams that are put out in that are "demonstrably and consistently below a standard that I would consider to be worthy"

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:
AlastairW wrote:

HC top 4 vs. S15 top 4.

I'd accept some form of discount if that happened, i'm not completely inhuman!

Run

Edit: Ahh i feel bad making that crack now after RD said he liked the idea Sad

Last edited by AlastairW on Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

AlastairW

Location : Moustache twirling, cloak swishing, cackling evil English panto bad guy. The Great Destroyer of the HC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:31 pm

tigertattie wrote:It's a giggle

"My dad could beat up your dad"

That's what Jimpy is resorting to!

Do they have this arguement in relation tot he football champions league? Coz Liverpool ar enot getting to play in it, we better make "FC little country" drop out coz they clearly are not as good as Liverpool!!!

I really hope the English and French do leave the HC. And when they come knocking, begging to be let back in, we can all tell them to beat it as we've already given thier spots to the Spanish, Georgian, Romanian, Russian, Portugese and anyone else who wants to play instead!

I wouldn't be suprised if teams from those countries were let in, they'd be the only teams Scottish clubs would be capable of beating.

This is fun, I must say.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

Interesting to note that Jimpy hasn't exactly nailed his coulours to the wall. What team do you follow?
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

I'm still waiting on your intelligent response to the counter arguments that numerous posters have put against you Jimpy....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 15 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

aww come on RDW. You don't honestly think he can formulate a balanced counter arguement do you?

At the end of the day, his car is better than my car even though I don't know what car he drives. But because he said it's better, it must be!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:04 pm

tigertattie wrote:aww come on RDW. You don't honestly think he can formulate a balanced counter arguement do you?

At the end of the day, his car is better than my car even though I don't know what car he drives. But because he said it's better, it must be!

But my car can beat up your car though

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:41 pm

I find it amazing how someone believes they can win an argument with a statement of: your team is poopie. Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:43 pm

In his defence he didn't say that, that was me explaining the basic principle of the argument he had used!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

His posts were also indeniably exploring the very essence of excrement.

Just, I suspect, not in the way he thinks.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:50 pm

Jimpy wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Oh God, Jimpy is going to struggle with that.

Not really, Edinburgh and Glasgow are still rubbish... however you cut it.

He did, OK, he used rubbish. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:51 pm

I prefer the word poopie.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 5:57 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:I prefer the word poopie.
I do too, but it doesn't carry a lot of weight though in context. It's like talking to your three year old, "you wanna make a poopie?" vs talking to an adult "ah mate, did you make a poopie?" Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:05 pm

This has turned into one of the most random threads in the history of 606v2....

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:07 pm

And I still don't know WHY Edinburgh were so poopie

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:This has turned into one of the most random threads in the history of 606v2....
Sorry I didn't have anything else to add. I watchedthe last bit of the Warriors match, how did Josh Strauss play?

i heard the commentators say he carried the ball well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:21 pm

In the games I've seen he's done well - Glasgow have been missing a big ball carrier and he fits the bill.

Can you provide an update on how mr van Der vesthausen has been doing in the Currie cup before he comes to Edinburgh?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:37 pm

Well the Cheetahs didn't have a great run in the Currie Cup this year ending bottom of the log, so it is difficult to criticise or compliment any of their players.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 6:44 pm

Other than to say that they all must have been crap!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:00 pm

picard

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:01 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Other than to say that they all must have been crap!
Poopie. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:11 pm

Anyone think that Mr (or Ms!) Jimpy is a product of the inferior English education system ? chin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

I think some of these words to describe Chyte are consistently below the standard required for such words.... most especially Poopie. Poopie is a juvenile word that is incapable of competing in the man's world of brutally descriptive verbal put-downs.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:PSW monkey .... thanks for digging up my comment from Friday. That really added to the discussion and is a fantastic contribution to this forum picard

Whereas insulting former players is what?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:23 pm

Oh jeez here's another one ffs furious

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:27 pm

"ffs" ...yeah, that's a good one. That's got pure quality.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 15 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

Jeez...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:19 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
RuggerRadge2611 wrote:PSW monkey .... thanks for digging up my comment from Friday. That really added to the discussion and is a fantastic contribution to this forum picard

Whereas insulting former players is what?

Just light the fuze and retire.

Its a doddle.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:48 am

Time to lock this thread, I think - it's long since ceased to be productive discourse about the OP.

To those trolls who succeeded in dragging it down to pre-teen insults (and you know who you are), perhaps ask yourself what you're doing on these boards when you could be on YouTube squirting your vitriol at a wider and less discerning section of the public. Or pulling your own plonker, perhaps, in the privacy of your own bedrooms rather than everyone else's.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

Good point George - I think the thread has run its course. I'll lock it now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7