The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

+12
Gerry SA
VTR
KO-KING
Fists of Fury
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
guildfordbat
Mad for Chelsea
KP_fan
Corporalhumblebucket
ShankyCricket
Shelsey93
msp83
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

West Indies in Bangladesh 2012 - Page 4 Empty West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Post by msp83 Sun 14 Oct 2012, 6:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

The first test between West Indies and Bangladesh is geting underway tomorrow.
Bangladesh are back in test action almost after a year, and for the series will give a chance to build on the recent good record, the win in the world T-20 was huge and before that they won the test, ODI and T-20I series against New Zealand.
For Bangladesh as usual a great deal will depend on Shakib Al Hasan. Tamim Iqbal and captain Mushfiqur Rahim are the other key players and I am looking forward to yourg Nasir Hosain's perforamcnes, hopefully the lad wil get a chance to bat up the order and captain should make more use of his bowling.
West Indies have picked a 15 member squad for their first engagement after becoming the World T-20 champions. They are playing 2 tests against Bangladesh. Guyana left -arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul (23), who led the A team against India early this year is the only new face in the squad. Adrian Barath is dropped, and there is a recall for Kirk Edwards who was dropped after his horrer show in England during the summer. Darren Bravo is back after missing the New Zealand series with injury. Fidel Edwards, who was dropped from the original squad was recalled following an injury to Kemar Roach.
Squad
Darren Sammy (capt), Denesh Ramdin (vice-capt), Tino Best, Darren Bravo, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Assad Fudadin, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Veerasammy Permaul, Kieran Powell, Ravi Rampaul, Fidel Edwards, Marlon Samuels

Last edited by msp83 on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

msp83

Back to top Go down

West Indies in Bangladesh 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Post by KO-KING Wed 05 Dec 2012, 12:09 pm

Off topic I'll like to meet some of the women in the music video's they are showing between the innings

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

West Indies in Bangladesh 2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 05 Dec 2012, 2:48 pm

some irresponsible batting from WI, particularly Bravo and Smith with awful shots, have given Bangladesh a sniff, but as long as Samuels is there WI are still very much in control here...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 05 Dec 2012, 4:50 pm

A hundred from Marlon Samuels helped West Indies win the 3rd ODI. They did try to make a mess of the chase of 227. After the early loss of Chris Gayle, Samuels and Kieran Powell put together a hundred partnership but then they lost their way a bit and the Bangladesh spinners made a good comeback. But at the end, Samuels was too much to handle for them and by the time he was out for 126, the match was as good as won.
But again, good to see Bangladesh competing.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 06 Dec 2012, 8:16 am

marlon Samuels must be the epitomy of a late bloomer. The last year or so hes been one of the worlds top batsmen.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 08 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

So Bangladesh takes the ODI series 3-2 with a 2 wicket win in the last match. Terrific result that for Bangladesh. They were competitive in the tests and now they have won the ODI series. Good signs, and thankfully there has been a bit of a lasting thing about Bangladesh this year, they did really well in the Asia cup and now this Pretty good indeed. And the fact that they achieved the series win with their best player Shakib Al Hasan is even more creditable.
The standard of cricket in the series, although closely contested, wasn't pretty good though.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

fantastic result for bangaldesh!

windies need to take a look at their side, and clear the deadwood!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:41 pm

windies, win the t20 by 19 runs.

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Thu 27 Dec 2012, 10:34 am

msp83 wrote:Narine's first year in test cricket isn't really going to plans as yet. He has really struggled to have any impact in this series so far.

I'm of the opinion that Narine should stick to limited overs cricket until he gets more FC cricket under his belt, playing for Trinidad....

IMHO, there are better Test spinners in the Caribbean, such as Shillingford and Permaul, and even Benn.
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 27 Dec 2012, 12:01 pm

shivfan wrote:
msp83 wrote:Narine's first year in test cricket isn't really going to plans as yet. He has really struggled to have any impact in this series so far.

I'm of the opinion that Narine should stick to limited overs cricket until he gets more FC cricket under his belt, playing for Trinidad....

IMHO, there are better Test spinners in the Caribbean, such as Shillingford and Permaul, and even Benn.

Also Bishoo I'd throw in there. I can't claim to have seen his domestic form but last year he was your leading wicket taker if I remember rightly then seemed to get cast aside after one poor game effectively. There is little to no point of playing a test spinner who doesn't turn the ball significantly hence why most 'mystery' spinners from t20 cricket seem to get flying starts then struggle IMO - Ashwin,Mendis,Narine come straight to mind.

Is there any sign of Jerome Taylor sorting out his differences with the board. From the likes of Edwards,Collymore,Powell,etc he played alongside I always felt he looked the most threatening bowler of that period and at only 28 surely has a future with the Windies? If you add Taylor to the current resources it's looking like a handy pace attack again.

Roach, Rampaul, Edwards, Taylor, Best, Sammy as pacers
Shillingford, Permaul, Bishoo as spinners

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:03 pm

West Indian spinners always tend to look 10 times more dangerous at home than away... Benn, Bishoo, Shillingford and Narine have all had good moments at home, but often been awful away. Benn has perhaps been the most adaptable.

Overall, I think Bishoo was found out a bit. Talented as he is he looked really poor the last couple of Tests he played. Although he's unfashionable (apart from in Dominica, where he is a national icon) I rate Shane Shillingford pretty highly. He gives it a bit of a rip as well as bowling a decent line. Narine finds that when he's not getting that extra little bit he gets out of home pitches he's quite hittable and has to be used in short bursts to avoid becoming predictable.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by shivfan Sat 29 Dec 2012, 9:16 am

Interesting comments, guys....

Taylor not only has had battles with the administrators, but also with injuries, and he seems to have lost a bit of pace, putting not only his place in the WIndies side in doubt, but also his place in the Jamaica side, where he's fallen behind pacers Andrew Richardson, Sheldon Cotterrell and Andre Russell.

I was at Kensington Oval for the Test vs the Aussies, and that was Bishoo's last WI match, where his control was awful. But I agree that he has more weapons in his armoury at the Test level than Narine. I would like to see Bishoo play a full season for Guyana in the beginning of 2013 to regain his confidence, while I would like to see Permaul and Shilly replace Narine in the Test team for the two matches against Zimbabwe in February.

IMHO, Narine needs to play more FC cricket for Trinidad....
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 29 Dec 2012, 10:40 am

Sunil Narine has had a tough introduction to test cricket in his first year. But I feel more experience could make him a pretty good test bowler as well.
Perhaps more first class cricket would help.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4