The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury

+35
captain carrantuohil
two_tone
User 774433
Hibbz
monty junior
Diggers
Soldier_Of_Fortune
owen10ozzy
BallchinianMuffwig
spencerclarke
lfc91
tomfinneywalksonwater
rycoys
Qoxiivi
TopHat24/7
Jayzeus24
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Fists of Fury
mobilemaster8
superflyweight
bhb001
BoxingFan88
ShahenshahG
Big Paul
Union Cane
88Chris05
manos de piedra
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
seanmichaels
azania
eddyfightfan
Rowley
RANDY77
hampo17
39 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tyson Fury - Page 4 Empty Tyson Fury

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has this guy completely lost the plot? Don't know if anyone follows him on twitter but he's offered Chisora, Price and Haye a fight in the space of five minutes. Also started spouting how his dad and Maloney have to fight as well.

Any respect he'd started to earn has been lost due to his mental breakdown IMO.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Page 4 Empty Re: Tyson Fury

Post by seanmichaels Thu 18 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

rowley wrote:Is there any chance of this thread finding its way back to boxing any time soon, fascinating though ozzy's career and lazy stereotypes are they are not particularly on topic.

Mine was very much on topic. Fury has been telling people he loves dags and quoting for paving all day on Twitter.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:11 pm

Union Cane wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:I like what you did there....but no, I just laugh at people who choose to use the D word as and when it suits them.

Good answer, fatty.

Very Happy Hug

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
rowley wrote:Is there any chance of this thread finding its way back to boxing any time soon, fascinating though ozzy's career and lazy stereotypes are they are not particularly on topic.

Mine was very much on topic. Fury has been telling people he loves dags and quoting for paving all day on Twitter.

Yeh, get back in your cage Rowley...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Diggers wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Diggers wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:1) He's not romany [which actually is an ethinicity]; 2) His gypsy/traveller background is a lifestyle choice nothing more.

It's as open to ridicule as being fat.

And I think DJ's comments were probably actually aimed at Az....

OK, so its OK to discriminate against people for making a lifestyle choice ? Like say being a muslim, thats a choice, should we openly discrimate against muslims ?
They were probably aimed at Az, does that mean nobody else can comment on them, is that a boxing board rule ?

Depends about how much of a pansy you want to be really. I am fat, if/when someone quips about it I don't go on about "weight discimination". The D word is thrown around way too liberally for my liking, taking the urine is taking the urine. And yes, I do think any lifestyle choice should be open to free discussion.

So you choose to discriminate against people who choose to use the word discriminate.

Lol

I like what you did there....but no, I just laugh at people who choose to use the D word as and when it suits them.

Fair enough mate, on the whole I tend to agree.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 18 Oct 2012, 8:04 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Diggers wrote:OK, so its OK to discriminate against people for making a lifestyle choice ? Like say being a muslim, thats a choice, should we openly discrimate against muslims ?
They were probably aimed at Az, does that mean nobody else can comment on them, is that a boxing board rule ?

Box of frogs here - but if you're a muslim, why have thousands of muslims taken to the street to debate someones "choice" in making a film about them?

You can't wear one shoe and not the other. What you're spouting here Diggers is that nothing can be debated by anybody because its their choice? Or it can?

Fury chose to be a traveller. Its not in his heritage - otherwise he'd have been born on a camp site, or in Ireland or have some sort of link other than "my grandmother is irish"

Basically it allows him to sound like he's a normal bloke. He's not, he's a bit of a joke.

In what way? He was born a traveler. Hardly a choice. The choice was made for him. Why refer to him as a "pikey" which is a derogatory word used to described travellers. People are permitted to protest and abuse. Is it ok to refer to a black person using the N word? Or a jew using the K word? Personally when referring to Fury as a "pikey" it says more about the person than it does about Fury. Its wrong and shows the person as being totally ignorant. Just my opinion and genuinely held also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:39 am

Fury is just a normal, working class lad, doing well, and having a laugh. People should get off their high horses, that's him, leave him be.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:15 am

azania wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:
Diggers wrote:OK, so its OK to discriminate against people for making a lifestyle choice ? Like say being a muslim, thats a choice, should we openly discrimate against muslims ?

Box of frogs here - but if you're a muslim, why have thousands of muslims taken to the street to debate someones "choice" in making a film about them?

You can't wear one shoe and not the other. What you're spouting here Diggers is that nothing can be debated by anybody because its their choice? Or it can?

Fury chose to be a traveller. Its not in his heritage - otherwise he'd have been born on a camp site, or in Ireland or have some sort of link other than "my grandmother is irish"

Basically it allows him to sound like he's a normal bloke. He's not, he's a bit of a joke.

In what way? He was born a traveler. Hardly a choice. The choice was made for him. Why refer to him as a "pikey" which is a derogatory word used to described travellers. People are permitted to protest and abuse. Is it ok to refer to a black person using the N word? Or a jew using the K word? Personally when referring to Fury as a "pikey" it says more about the person than it does about Fury. Its wrong and shows the person as being totally ignorant. Just my opinion and genuinely held also.

He was born into a community, not born 'a traveller'. It's entirely a lifestyle choice. It's totally different to someone who cannot choose the colour of their skin or their sexuality or a disability.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

Its not like he invented travelling though is it. He was born into and grew up in a community where travelling is what you do, thats the way of life that you are taught.
Its pretty simplistic to say its just a lifestyle choice and ignore everything in his childhood that would influence the choices that he, or any traveller, would make.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

He wasn't born a traveller. His dad was a traveller and he adopted it when it suited him.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:41 am

Rolling Eyes
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Diggers wrote:Its not like he invented travelling though is it. He was born into and grew up in a community where travelling is what you do, thats the way of life that you are taught.
Its pretty simplistic to say its just a lifestyle choice and ignore everything in his childhood that would influence the choices that he, or any traveller, would make.

Still not remotely comparable to race, gender, sexuality or disability though. And, by lifestyle choice, I as much meant that of his elders.

They choose a life of tax-evading planning-law ignoring backwards solitude on the fringes of modern civilised society and they are open to criticism and/or ostricisation accordingly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:03 pm

Pikeys get more rights that us legit tax paying folk. Councils approve more retrospective planning applications from the unwashed than they do genuine citizens.

Being a decent normal human being isn't enough these days. You need a niche and being a pikey, muslim, woman, gay gets you more rights than others. Totally wrong, but that is the direction this county is headed.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

Tyne and wear/northumberland leading the way for PC?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Pikeys get more rights that us legit tax paying folk. Councils approve more retrospective planning applications from the unwashed than they do genuine citizens.

Being a decent normal human being isn't enough these days. You need a niche and being a pikey, muslim, woman, gay gets you more rights than others. Totally wrong, but that is the direction this county is headed.

Oh dear.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:09 pm

alma wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Pikeys get more rights that us legit tax paying folk. Councils approve more retrospective planning applications from the unwashed than they do genuine citizens.

wow, imagine if you were a travelling gay female Muslim, you'd be rich!

To be fair, if you were a traveller who happened to be gay and a muslim...you'd probably be dead.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

alma wrote:

wow, imagine if you were a travelling gay female Muslim, you'd be rich!

You'd probably also be dead. Honour killing n all that....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

Ok chaps, that's enough.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4