The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury

+35
captain carrantuohil
two_tone
User 774433
Hibbz
monty junior
Diggers
Soldier_Of_Fortune
owen10ozzy
BallchinianMuffwig
spencerclarke
lfc91
tomfinneywalksonwater
rycoys
Qoxiivi
TopHat24/7
Jayzeus24
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Fists of Fury
mobilemaster8
superflyweight
bhb001
BoxingFan88
ShahenshahG
Big Paul
Union Cane
88Chris05
manos de piedra
milkyboy
Mr Bounce
seanmichaels
azania
eddyfightfan
Rowley
RANDY77
hampo17
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tyson Fury - Page 2 Empty Tyson Fury

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has this guy completely lost the plot? Don't know if anyone follows him on twitter but he's offered Chisora, Price and Haye a fight in the space of five minutes. Also started spouting how his dad and Maloney have to fight as well.

Any respect he'd started to earn has been lost due to his mental breakdown IMO.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyson Fury

Post by Jayzeus24 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Fury still going on Twitter Just tweeted saying:

"The greatest heavyweight in the world" then a link to a picture of himself

Then saying

"These 2 can have it I'm the best. klitchkos r so boring and won't fight me" with a link to a picture of the Klitschkos

He's been having a little war of words with Eddie Hearn as well including this beauty:

"Your the biggest pr1ck in boxing along with tony bell end! U Frak 1 shirt millionaire!"

Jayzeus24

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:47 pm

Looks like he's doing an Ibeabuchi...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

Seems that Mr Fury has well and truly left behind that phase he went through of trying to play the God-fearing, respectful, down to earth and amiable traveller lad then. You know, the one who was going to make everyone see that 'his people' can behave with dignity and class and are a fine set of individuals.

Ah well, it was ok while it lasted. Leopard, spots and all that! I'm sure he's a decent enough bloke, but these tweets just sum up what everyone else has known for a while, namely that if Fury was any thicker he'd set.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:02 pm

Just as I was starting to warm to Fury he a) duck's Price; and b) comes out with that pathetic rant on C5 the other night.

His pikey uncle can pipe down too. The whole "who offered who what and what was declined" is irrelevant BS. Mandatory challenger = let it go to purse bids and decide it there.

Simple fact is Fury dumped the belts rather than get the fight on. He's a disgusting pikey bully who needs shutting up. Preferably by Price, doubt it'd get past 4 rounds if they ever fought.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:57 pm

Simple fact is, other than in the chin stakes where there are question marks over both (Fury being dropped by a nobody, Price being untested), Price simply does everything Fury does but better.

More power, more authorative jab, better footwork, more mobile, better shape, better killer instinct, better ring smarts, greater punch variety.

They're basically the same height, the only difference being Fury's 3" reach advantage, but his punches are so telegraphable that I can't see this being an issue for a savvy classy amateur like Price.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

I have to say, I like Price's response to all of this:

"@Tyson_Fury **** sake lad have a day off will ya. I'm gonna to block you you ******* stalker. Go an bore someone else. #emptyhead"

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

Absolute Duckers.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:23 pm

Fair play that post from Peter Fury wasn't actually that bad...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 3:13 pm

alma wrote:Whenever I look at twitter I'm always amazed how people can make so much money and be so famous, despite not being able to spell simple words or have any idea about grammar and punctuation.

You might like this then:

https://twitter.com/Tunde24_7/status/255762930623184896

Customer service at its best![

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 16 Oct 2012, 3:15 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 16 Oct 2012, 3:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:You might like this then:

https://twitter.com/Tunde24_7/status/255762930623184896

Customer service at its best![

That is quality, imo.

I'm with the Jones guy at the end.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:01 pm

i hate the guy i mean i really dispise the him with a passion , trash talk is fine by me as it hypes the fight but he has nt got a clue and the worst thing is HE IS RUBBISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:13 pm

The man has completely lost it! He's has offered to fight anybody in Liverpool who fancies a ruck. If this is just to sell the fight it's working, people at work who usually have no interest in boxing are talking about it, usually they are just wishing the gypo would get his face smacked in but still the interest is growing.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:47 pm

And you're all talking about it and will tune in to watch his fights. Who has lost it?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:57 pm

I am a boxing fan, of course I will watch it. If it is self promotion then the man is a genius! This a boxing forum, are we allowed to talk about boxing here Az?

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:57 pm

He was on Dan Rafaels twitter calling him a "fatty fatty bum bum who doesnt know jack sh1t about boxing" because Dan didnt rate him as the number 1 heavyweight in the world.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:59 pm

I agree if its all to sell his upcoming fight/fights then is working? Whether or not fury is that intelligient that he would think of that though is another matter.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

i do think fury has some advantages over price. he has more heart (or at least has shown it so far), he's been put down and got back up, he's come from behind on the score cards, he's had tough fights and had rematches. he can fight both stances (sort of), seems better on the inside, and that is something price hasnt even dealt with yet. arguably he is also improving quicker than price.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:05 pm

He has even started putting stuff on there about Man Utd being the best football team ever, he is obviously tring to pull in a few fans that way and turn a potential clash into the big Liverpool fan vs the Utd one. Peter Fury has mentioned selling out a 80,000 stadium!

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm

Haha, I think I like this if only because he seems to be taking boxing seriously rather than the sideshow in his earlier career. He's also too daft to take seriously so its kinda ok.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:18 pm

He has shifted some serious weight from his early days, still we will know more when his next opponent is announced, would be nice to see him in again someone half decent but I can see them dragging someone like Mormeck in. At the moment I think Fury is ahead of Price, Price needs somebody durable who can hit back so we get to see what he has if he doesn't get his opponent out within 3 rounds.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:19 pm

lfc91 wrote:I agree if its all to sell his upcoming fight/fights then is working? Whether or not fury is that intelligient that he would think of that though is another matter.

I'm a humanitarian. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. No one can be that daft and be serious at the same time. One thing for sure, people like looking as a raod crash. They will tune in to watch him in their droves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:20 pm

hennessy claims chambers and chavegez have both turned down fights for 1 december

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:23 pm

Chambers said he's injured in an exchange with Fury on twitter and won't be fit to fight, chagaev was mentioned months ago I thought that was practically signed.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:28 pm

apparently not according to eastside, the report said the opponent still isnt confirmed, but there looking to a top 10 WBC rated opponent.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:33 pm

The;d be hard pressed to find a top 10 rated fighter as all seem to be positioning themselves for when K2 hang up their contractual pens and gloves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:42 pm

Hard pushed with only 7 weeks to go. Would Dimitrenko be a good fight for him. 14th in WBC rankings 6 and a half foot tall, he has been inactive since May since Pulev beat him.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 16 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

Purely because its on topic today but would anyone be surprised if Hennessy chanced his arm and gave Holyfield a call? I know Holyfield said he would only consider a title shot but Fury is highly ranked and a win for Holyfield might actually put him in the title picture with the WBC, especially if Vitali retires. Plus if he is desperate need for money it could prove too much to turn down. Unlikely probably but you never know.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:12 pm

The man's a clown and his homophobic comments just show him up as the Neanderthal he is. His team need to be having a word. Though his uncle is as bad as him so it's down to Mick. However az is right in the fact that it will sell his fights further. He seems to have taken on the pantomime villain role. Maybe he's seen a niche in the market now audley is finally out of the picture. Never ends well for that type of character though in credibility terms. But if it's all about the money then it's already paid off

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:14 pm

They could dub it 'TYSONS REVENGE' hes doing it for his hero! If he's getting 3 million viewers against Maddalone this would draw a lot more, don't think the bbb of c would give him a licence though. Fury is never off twitter he's turned on poor ol Buncey tonight.

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:18 pm

Price has come out with this now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/19967026

So the fight seems to be building inneviteably.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:19 pm

tomfinneywalksonwater wrote:Fury is never off twitter he's turned on poor ol Buncey tonight.

He's actually just gone up in my estimations, in that case.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 17 Oct 2012, 1:21 am

Does anyone know why Fury doesn't like Tony Bellew?

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:05 am

Whilst I agree Tyson is a huge donut and not that intelligent, I don't think he is thick enough to just come out with stuff like he has on the basis of just annoying people.

He has seen from his whole pre-vinny (i'm depressed, no im not etc) escapades that controversy sells. The problem is that there is controversy and then just plain ignorance and abuse...unfortunately he has stepped into the latter bracket.

Does a guy who has only just realised you need to actually get into shape to stand a chance of becoming a legitimate contender have the right to mock so many people in their entirety? Probably not.

What makes me laugh is the amount of stick Haye/Chisora got for their 'Munich Brawl'...yet people believe that this guy (Fury) is good for boxing? Have a word...as much as I despise the antics of David & Derick that night at least they went toe 2 toe. Instead Fury decides to be an ignorant tool of a man behind the guise of twitter...abusing just about everyone in sight. Homophobic slurs, abusive messages to promoters. Ok some deserved it...i.e. those who were just as ignorant in their rants about him being a gypsy...yet he also targeted anyone who questioned his belief that he was the 'next great thing' in Heavyweight boxing.

I'm a journalist and regardless of whether I meet him in the future or not I have made my feelings clear on him...and would do the same to his face. I think that he is an 'OK' heavyweight in an era full of very poor heavyweights. I think he lacks class and an overall appreciation of boxing fans in general. He is for me the definition of a 'school ground bully'. He is an egomaniac who underneath it all is unsure of both himself and his own worth...he lacks education and hates those who show an ounce of intelligence or articulate arguments.

I truly hope he steps in with Price in the next 6 months maximum because I think he will get shown up. I would hedge my bets on him being taken out within 4 rounds...and convincingly at that!

And people cant talk about 'oh he has shown heart where Price hasn't been tested' all they want. The simple fact is...if you don't get tagged and you don't go down then you will never be required to show heart. Someone may well get to Price's chin one day... but I will guarantee it won't be Fury.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Whilst I agree Tyson is a huge donut and not that intelligent, I don't think he is thick enough to just come out with stuff like he has on the basis of just annoying people.

He has seen from his whole pre-vinny (i'm depressed, no im not etc) escapades that controversy sells. The problem is that there is controversy and then just plain ignorance and abuse...unfortunately he has stepped into the latter bracket.

Does a guy who has only just realised you need to actually get into shape to stand a chance of becoming a legitimate contender have the right to mock so many people in their entirety? Probably not.

What makes me laugh is the amount of stick Haye/Chisora got for their 'Munich Brawl'...yet people believe that this guy (Fury) is good for boxing? Have a word...as much as I despise the antics of David & Derick that night at least they went toe 2 toe. Instead Fury decides to be an ignorant tool of a man behind the guise of twitter...abusing just about everyone in sight. Homophobic slurs, abusive messages to promoters. Ok some deserved it...i.e. those who were just as ignorant in their rants about him being a gypsy...yet he also targeted anyone who questioned his belief that he was the 'next great thing' in Heavyweight boxing.

I'm a journalist and regardless of whether I meet him in the future or not I have made my feelings clear on him...and would do the same to his face. I think that he is an 'OK' heavyweight in an era full of very poor heavyweights. I think he lacks class and an overall appreciation of boxing fans in general. He is for me the definition of a 'school ground bully'. He is an egomaniac who underneath it all is unsure of both himself and his own worth...he lacks education and hates those who show an ounce of intelligence or articulate arguments.

I truly hope he steps in with Price in the next 6 months maximum because I think he will get shown up. I would hedge my bets on him being taken out within 4 rounds...and convincingly at that!

And people cant talk about 'oh he has shown heart where Price hasn't been tested' all they want. The simple fact is...if you don't get tagged and you don't go down then you will never be required to show heart. Someone may well get to Price's chin one day... but I will guarantee it won't be Fury.

This...... clap

Nice piece Oz thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:24 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i do think fury has some advantages over price. he has more heart (or at least has shown it so far), he's been put down and got back up, he's come from behind on the score cards, he's had tough fights and had rematches. he can fight both stances (sort of), seems better on the inside, and that is something price hasnt even dealt with yet. arguably he is also improving quicker than price.

Think that's about the most generous description of Fury I've ever heard/read (apart from the tripe that spills from his own mouth). "he's had tough fights and had rematches" - getting lucky on the cards after being basically beat by John MaccyD and having to rematch him is NOT a quality/attribute. The fact Price has never been troubled despite fighting the same calibre of opponent (Chis excepted) cannot be used as a reason to mark him down. He was awful in that southpaw stance, hardly the next Hagler. Why would someone 6'9" with the worlds longest reach have any interest in fighting on the inside? Just highlights how poor he is if anything. And, finally, improving quicker?? Since Chis he's been dropped by Pakjic and beat Firtha, Rogan and Maddalone - you can't improve fighting a degenerating calibre of opponent!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Whilst I agree Tyson is a huge donut and not that intelligent, I don't think he is thick enough to just come out with stuff like he has on the basis of just annoying people.

You can certainly tell you are a journalist, a lot of your own conjecture written about his personality expressed as fact. You dont know the guy yet you can give us a full warts and all insight into his personality, very impressive.
You may well be correct in some assumptions but you could equally be miles off. Certainly no more reason to accept your views as fact than your guarantee that Price would knock him out. This is heavyweight boxing and both Price and Fury can bang and if you think Fury cant box and has zero chance of tagging Price then IMO you are simply wrong.
Is Price a marginal favourite, probably. Personally I dont think there would be much in this fight, I've seen Fury get through long tough fights but I havent seen Price have to do the same yet and I think Fury will take him to places he hasn't been yet.
Its great being able to fight to a game plan and Price has been able to do so thus far, we've seen what can happen to good fighters like Degale and Brook when they suddenly find someone in front of them with a fair bit of ability and a desire to win.
I think Fury would have a good chance...but I cant guarantee that.

Last edited by Diggers on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm; edited 3 times in total

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

Great post diggers. Fury is unpopular here so even his doo-doo smells worse than most.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:00 pm

Oh look, Az trying to be as contrarian as possible. Again. Yawn. Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Does anyone know why Fury doesn't like Tony Bellew?

I think it is because Bellew is a good friend of Eddie Hearn and Price, but also Bellew always says he rates Price higher than Fury. Most of the time he will mention that Price 'Is the heir to the Klitchsko throne'.

Remember Fury is abusive to anyone who doesn't rate him number 1 in the world...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

Lights out's twitter page is the funniest thing i've seen in ages, just calling out anyone and everyone on the same day. notworthy

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Its also worth having a look at Furys amateur record, obviously we hear about Price and his Olympic bronze but Fury was a top junior, a medalist at both the world and european juniors and also won a full ABA, all be it one where Price wasnt competing. 35 fights and 31 wins is pretty decent by anyones standards.
You would think he had just rocked up from doing a bit of bare knuckle fighting (and im sure he probably has done a bit) but he does actually have a good solid background behind him.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Diggers wrote:

You can certainly tell you are a journalist, a lot of your own conjecture written about his personality expressed as fact. You dont know the guy yet you can give us a full warts and all insight into his personality, very impressive.
You may well be correct in some assumptions but you could equally be miles off. Certainly no more reason to accept your views as fact than your guarantee that Price would knock him out. This is heavyweight boxing and both Price and Fury can bang and if you think Fury cant box and has zero chance of tagging Price then IMO you are simply wrong.
Is Price a marginal favourite, probably. Personally I dont think there would be much in this fight, I've seen Fury get through long tough fights but I havent seen Price have to do the same yet and I think Fury will take him to places he hasn't been yet.
Its great being able to fight to a game plan and Price has been able to do so thus far, we've seen what can happen to good fighters like Degale and Brook when they suddenly find someone in front of them with a fair bit of ability and a desire to win.
I think Fury would have a good chance...but I cant guarantee that.

Price hasn't had to go in to the trenches yet because he is so much better than his opponents. I actually think Sexton would be a very tough fight for Fury, he's not the most skilled fighter but I don't think Fury hits hard enough to keep him off.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:42 pm

Not quite sure why people think Fury doesnt hit hard, his KO record is pretty good and even though he doesnt look it, he is a young heavy and I think has got heavier handed in the past year or so.
He also doesnt just throw single shots, he hits hard with both hands and throws shots from a lot of angles. I cant see Sexton giving him too much of a problem really as long as Fury turns up in decent nick, which is never a given with him.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Oh look, Az trying to be as contrarian as possible. Again. Yawn. Rolling Eyes

picard

In what way am I being contrarian? Should I be a sheeple?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:53 pm

How about you allow people to just form their own opinions rather than just automatically adopting the opposite and then condescending everyone else like we're 5 yr olds??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:59 pm

How on earth am I forcing anyone not to form their own opinions? I have mine and express it freely.

Also do you actually think criticising Fury and me not joining in is in anyway hindering others from forming their own opinions?

You give me way too much credit top.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:02 pm

I dont see anything contrary about thinking Fury would have a good shot against Price. Or indeed in thinking that Fury is a pretty entertaining charachter, though he does get a tad carried away sometimes.
I find that a lot easier to accept than the theory that somehow Price is now the heir apparent to the K's after a career which has seen him enter the ring as an odds on favourite every time he's fought.
At least Fury has got into the ring in what were seen as a few pick em fights and I would say has benefited from that.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:07 pm

It's simple diggers. Fury is not liked so his boxing skills have to be criticised. Price is well liked so his wonderfulk exploits have to be blown out of all proportions. Lets all ignore the fact that he was stopped as an amateur where he was sent to queer street using pillows.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:14 pm

He's just tweeted that he's fightin someone ranked in the top 5 by WBC.

He's already nearly knocked himself out once so that leaves 1 of Arreola, Bermaine Stiverne, Boytsov and Tony Grano

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next