The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

+11
Fluxy
thebluesmancometh
RowleyFox
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
LukeLovesLuka
CJB
'Arry
prop_lyd
Driver
pullthestrings
15 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

Servat (awesome basics)
BdP (better in loose)
-----------------------
Moore
Hartley (amazing year)
TpN
-------------------------
much of a likeness after that really. Mealamu, Rees etc are good players but nowhere near world class. Rees will always have throwing issues and Mealamu isn't great in the scrum. I'd have Tincu in the same category as these as his basics ESP his scrummaging are world class

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Rugby League Season 4™ Homepage

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:00 pm

thanks for the input pooly - don't suppose you want to scan over my squad and let me know where you think I should bulk up and also best fully fit line up? I think:

1. Soane Tonga'uhia
2. Dylan Hartley
3. Owen Franks

4. Paul O'Connell
5. Andries Bekker

6. Francois Louw
7. Imanol Harinordoquy
8. Willem Alberts

9. Luke Burgess
10. Felipe Contepomi

11. David Strettle
12. Matt Banahan
13. Mathieu Basteraud
14. Bryan Habana
15. Damien Traille

16. Andrew Hore
17. Brian Mujati
18. Christian Day
19. Phil Dowson
20. Lee Dickson
21. Gavin Henson
22. Gonzalo Canale

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

Whats the TPN obsession??

I really have never rated him at all. Games seem to pass him by which isn't good enough for a top class hooker

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

You sure? lol

Great front 5. Harinordoquy's influence on a game is halved when he plays on the flanks. Contepomi has been verging on awful at 10 this season so I'd get a decent 10 in.

No creativity in midfield and not alot of form in the back 3.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:09 pm

I always scan through teams Hon I enjoy it.

The front three can contest against any other front three, locks are decent no need to worry about them, would still look to buy at flanker Hari at 8 is much better and Alberts at 6 is much better aswell.

Burgess is quality don't lose him he is more than capable of starting, Contepomi I don't rate sorry. From there you need major changes mate, Strettle, Basteruad are not good enough, neither is Banahan but you will keep him in, Habana on overall quality needs to play while Traille is good but you can do better.

Hope that helps Hon.

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

About the same thing Pooly said I said.

I have a brain after all.

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

thaks guys that helps a bit.
Although Hari at Biarritz plays blindingly well on the flanks - doesn't stop him from impacting the game at all - he still pops up all over the place.

But will look to switch the back 3 round for Hari 8 - alberts 6 and Louw 7 - thats probably more balanced your right.

Yeah think I need a 10 as no one seems to like slade there and people are not rating contepmi which is sad, he's still quality.

I could switch Traille back to a 10 role and move slade to FB where someone said he's better??

cheers guys thats soem food for thought!

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

Any outside bids?

We all love them Pooly, also would be nice to show Hon and Bear on how it works and what to do if Hon has forgotten.

This game is making me all excited for some reason after a torrid morning, thank you guys.

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

Slade is a talent but he is currently injured, he was doing well at fly-half last season and people started to say he was firmly behind Carter for New Zealand.

He hasn't played this season yet because of injury, he did come back for one game then got injured again I think he is a better 10 but you might even want shut of him if you don't think he is that good and plainly because he hasn't played this season, we don't know what he is going to be like when he comes back will he still be the player behind Dan Carter for All Blacks, or will he slide down the order and not perform alongside Cowan.

Slade has major questions at the moment in my view, as much as I like him.

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:26 pm

Afternoon guys, just getting some time while at college finish an hour later today mad

I told Bathite about a plan I might have, looking at my team and others and foreigns hopefully I can surpass this task. One thing though im not sure about, as Pooly said somewhere that he doesn't rate it.

My second row, can I get as many opinions as possible please they have played for New Zealand many of times and also together.

Do any of you rate my second row of Chris Jack & Ali Williams?

If so why and if not why

Would be very helpful for what I want to achieve in this game.

Thank you now back to work.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Instant reply from me, im bored!

Not sure you did tell me about a plan mate? But now im intrigued.

I think both players are a bit of a risk, so wouldn't partner them together. I wouldn't see it as a weakness if they were on their own with someone else of higher quality.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

Jack has been in great form of late, and Williams is getting better and better. Both still top players.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Just looked at your squad and didn't realise you had Deacon.

Williams + Deacon, with Jack on the bench is very good I would say.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:37 pm

Thanks for the quick replies, I have about 10 minutes to spare so I would like as many views as possible please.

Luke says both are still top players and they have played together before which is a good thing right?

And Bathite you say it might be a risk and you would buy a player to partner either Jack or Williams.

I feel I will get many mixed opinions on this matter lol

Hopefully I will comeback and see more views in the next couple of hours.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Also about my plan I think you will all figure it out in quick time, im going to be a very busy person in the next couple of days.

With the above comment Bathite, Deacon has been very good but the New Zealand link with Jack and Williams is surely a good thing and they are experienced, also you would start Williams over Jack?

I think Jack is by far the better player, is on good form and plays for the better team in the Crusaders.

Im going to be a confused man after all this Erm
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Will be back in just over one hour.

Do any of you rate Williams and Jack as a second row partnership.

That's all I need to know

Thank you see you all later Smile
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

Thats a pretty underpowered engine room for me. I'd look to partner either of them up with Deacon but not together.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 01 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

Slade is a class act when fit and on form, by far rhe best backup for Carter. His ITM performances this year where out of this world and was head and shoulders above the rest. He seriously needs a good run without injuty though.

Burgess has been very poor of late. He lacks the basics to be a steady SH when off form, bit like Phillips. There's been a fair bit of talk of him getting dropped for Aus but I'm not sure he's slipped that far or that Kingu, Phipps, valentine etc are good enough to replace him.

Harinordoquy has had such an average year, he's slipped right off from his standard of last year is on the decline for me. He's best when breaking off from a domiant scrum but obvioulsy doesn't do that from the flank. I wouldn't have near the other top 8's.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:04 pm

Back on, thanks for the above Pooly im very confused of what to do now.

Getting mixed signals more comments would be helpful though.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 01 Jun 2011, 4:31 pm

right ladies sneaked off to log on Smile
if anyone wanted
canale
myler
slade
dowson
and there was someone else some one wanted
get some offers in now as I will be releasing them soon

Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

Hello.

I have offers going around to Pooly, pullthestrings and inthefastlane.

If you could get back to me on the deals that would be smashing, by my deals today someone has probably guessed my task.

Really could do with quick repiles if possible, im looking to be very busy today and tomorrow im a bear on a mission.

Thank you
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

PREDICTIONS DUE!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Wed 01 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

Just need answers from Pullthestrings,rowleyfox and Banafan-aka-hon.

Also inthefastlane if you could make something involving Whitelock or Kaino that would be smashing, least a try I guess.

Thank you
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:39 pm

sorry dudes been out most of the day - where we at whats on?
forgotton where I am at?

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by RowleyFox Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:29 pm

What a bad bad bad bad night.

Soon I forget the better, confirmed your deal Bear, sorry to you hon just not what I was looking for.

Not got the enjoyment to be on here tonight so hopefully I will see you all tomoz.

Au revoir x

RowleyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:35 pm

hey no probs - am still open for offers .. .

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:16 am

Late night again for me.

Lets get busy laughing
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:21 am

I'm on thumbsup

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:22 am

bring your A game pull lol have a couple of offers going - you up for some dealing? Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:23 am

Just when I am convinced bear isn't blogs, blogs signs out, bear signs in. Dont think you are the same person but it's getting a little more than coincidental!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:31 am

And now clermonts best two players in albacete and Mcallister move to Toulon! Sorry guys but I'm getting suspicious again, especially so soon after you asking for ratings on locks. Can't someone just ask the site owner to check the accounts, then we can put this all behind us?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:36 am

I'm almost certain Blogs and Bear are the same person - I've given them the benefit of the doubt but the evidence is so clear.

Rowley/Bear - tell us once and for all - ARE YOU THE SAME PERSON?

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

get both online to agree to posting a comment we send in private to each person at a set time online - they can't both post them at the same time Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:46 am

I came on just after 12 like I have done for the past two nights.

If you go on profiles and go on information it will tell you the last active time, rowleyfox said he is off for tonight but it will tell you his active time and just compare it too mine.

I came on at 2 today because of college times, then came back on at 4 when I finished I don't have a clue if rowleyfox was on this morning or not.

I have a task what I have set myself to achieve, and with the signing of McAlister it has helped slightly. Im not looking to keep Albacete anyway very good player but im preferring somebody else I just wanted to get those players in for leeway and luckily I have got them.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by GloucesterBear Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:54 am

I believe we set out our deals differently, compare the quality of deals compare our votes and our predictions if you must.

We was on at the same time yesterday, because everyone was around dealing and it was very busy. Today I came on at 2 then on again at 4, now back on again at 12.

I will be around quite late nearly everyday.
GloucesterBear
GloucesterBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:18 am

RESULTS:

Well done to those who have got them in so far, but time to name and shame

PULL
DRIVER
LUKE
POOLY

Waiting for predictions from all of you please! Hoping to get results confirmed by lunchtime, there are some VERY interesting ones this week!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 02 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

Of course it's the same person...I can't believe he's carrying it on! In the space of an hour the other day I watched Blog/Bear change accounts 3 times. One min Blog signs out the next minute Bear signs in.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:12 am

All,

I'm looking to get another manager in and will be asking Rowley/Bear to be leaving.

To be honest I'm disappointed one boy has managed to turn a successful league into a bit of a joke the last couple of weeks. Sorry I let it slide, I guess I just wanted 12 managers.

Opinions on cancelling the deal from yesterday?

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

My opinion is: Ask the admins to investigate, im no expert in IT, but im pretty sure that it could be worked out. I thought that IP addresses were unique to the PC, so if there are two managers in 1, both accounts will have the same IP?

I could be wrong, but i think its worth getting evidence to prove it right/wrong.

I have strong suspicions, but if it turns out that glosbear is legit, it would be pretty awful to scare off a new manager.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 02 Jun 2011, 9:25 am

Apologies, predo's incoming.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Phil Dowson is up for grabs people offers around the £9 to £10 mil mark considered - just pop in and say hi. Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

Pull I think we look for a new manager. Let Rowley carry on until we find one but when we find one get rid. He's had more than enough chances anyway. Also ban deals between Clermont/Toulon

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Mathew Rees
3. Dan Cole
4. Courtney Lawes
5. Tom Palmer
6. Julien Bonnaire
7. Richie McCaw
8. JMF Lobbe

9. Fourie Du Preez
10. Jonny Wilkinson
11. Shane Williams
12. Jean De Villiers
13. Jaime Roberts
14. Cedric Heymans
15. Nikki Walker

Opinions guys? I take the obvuous one would be to improve on 6 and the midfield and back three in general. Just wondering if anyone has any other views, and any possibilites of helping out?

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

Outside back for me mate, some good players in there, but nothing top top class. Not a fan of Roberts at 13.

Wouldn't be worrying about the pack to be honest

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

MOTM and results are very tight at the moment, so get the last few votes in.

Cheers

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Can't play Nikki Walker at 15 mate. Heymans you may get away with

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

Bonnaire is decent enough and some people rate him, but I find him rather a lacklustre player so yeah bring in a decent 6?

I still rate Williams fairly highly but others might not and he's certainly not up with the new wave of top wingers now.

Also Hooker - Rees is ok but I would see if you can snaffle someone there.

think lawes & palmer is a good combo mate, even though palmer may be less rated having them together brings him up a level for me.

and finally you need to sell me wilkinson hahahah Smile

oooo Hore for wilkinson maybe???

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

Just watched the reds v crusaders, thats sums of super 15 perfectly i reckon for me. Some sublime attacking moves, but far too often, aimless kicking, wayward passing, loose rucking and poor ball retention. Entertaining yes, miles ahead of the NH, no.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

Back 5 + Bonnaire stand out in that team

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by BANAFAN-AKA-HON Thu 02 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

don't forget Poopie defence bar a few big hits lol Smile

BANAFAN-AKA-HON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next