The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's

+45
tomhughesnice
belovedfrosties
mikey_philVIII
Pat_Mustard
Biltong
Liam
Jimpy
Sgt_Pooly
anotherworldofpain
AlastairW
gregortree
munkian
Rugby Fan
glamorganalun
nganboy
neilthom7
EngInAuck
Poorfour
RubyGuby
BelfastDickVet
thomh
profitius
Morgannwg
RogerLewis
rodders
majesticimperialman
nathan
king_carlos
sirtidychris
Notch
Looseheaded
HongKongCherry
SecretFly
BigTrevsbigmac
lostinwales
Scot Abroad
Chjw131
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Barney McGrew did it
red_stag
beshocked
Thomond
Toadfish
Geordie
Tiger/Chief
49 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's - Page 4 Empty Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's

Post by Tiger/Chief Thu 01 Nov 2012, 3:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm seeing more and more prospective Lions 15's with either 1 or no English players which is utterly ludicrous! I couldn't care less which nationality player pulls on the jersey in the summer,I just hope that gatland isnt as blinkered as some posters on this board.

Cole and Marler and Sheridan are smashing it up in the prem/top 14 and Heineken
Robshaw at the minute is a stand out flankers and leader
Danny Care is on fire and Ben Youngs ain't far behind
Tuilagi is un matched in the British isles any country would love to have him in their side!
Foden and Ashton are sure to travel though I admit Kearney will start with North and Bowe is close to Ashton

All of the above must travel with obviously the rest being made up with the awesome Welsh and Irish boys!

Don't understand the anti English feeling on this board

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's - Page 4 Empty Re: Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's

Post by rodders Fri 02 Nov 2012, 3:43 pm

damage_13 wrote:is it me, or has (like I said in the other thread) no one mentioned the key criteria of 'being able to play and gel with other players in the Lions team'.

Ah sure behjesus sure those Welsh and English fellas are always gettin up da somethin, take demselves far too serious now.... if Warren was tinking like that now sure it would be just us and dem nice Scots lads going .... Leprechaun Braveheart .. Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's - Page 4 Empty Re: Anti-English Sentiment In Lions 15's

Post by dgttaylor Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

Vickery talks about picking players who will be good "tourists". It's all very well picking players on form but there are players in form who can suffer a dramatic loss of it when thousands of miles from home. In that sense players with previous Lions experience who have proved themselves might just get a look in on this basis, even if they are not the form player in that position...

dgttaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:42 pm

thank you dgttaylor, just what I was trying to encapsulate

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:47 pm

AlastairW wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
AlastairW wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:
thomh wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Tiger/Chief, perhaps you missed Matt Dawson select his Lions XV? Big lack of England players there! He must be biased. That said, and I've commented about this before, there does not seem to be many England players in people's Lions XV. For the record; Care, Foden/Brown, Tuilagi, Cole, Hartley, Robshaw are the capable starters. The only nailed on one there though is Care. The rest of the positions are up for grabs. I'm certain that after the 6 Nations some England locks will be in contention. A lot of candiates in back-row and back 3 though.

Nailed on in what sense? Current form? If that's the case then I think you can add Cole to the list, but Jones could easily come back before June.

You can have Cole aswell then. The last thing we need is another weeping England fan, so just have Cole as your starter.

How generous thumbsup . Talking of nailed on welshes, i'm looking forward to seeing Warbs in action down under again .... for the 2 minutes of field time he sees before he pukes or dislocates a finger nail. laughing

Do you think he's nailed on for that 7 jersey considering the competition in the back-row? Most of us welshies, believe he is not nailed for the Wales 7 jersey, despite what Howley thinks.

Nice to see you happy, in a jolly mood in regard to injury. That sums you up well, rubbing it in that Sam has been injury prone so early in his career which can leave considerable physical and pyschological damage to a player who plays rugby for a profession and for love of the game. How disgusting are you? I've had two knee operations (ACL) and I'm left with a bad leg and hamstring. Firstly, it's extremely painful when suffering an injury. Secondly, hospitals are awful. And third, rehab is long. Do you find this amusing?

oooooo look, a deluded welsh on a high horse, how mundane and un-original. I'd best start weeping about England we can get 2 stero-types on the go. Dish it but can't take it Morg; you're a joke. Thanks for the giggles though.

Zzzzzzzzzz looks like we have a new jester. Grow up. And save us the 'chip on your shoulder' line in your next retort Broken Record.

P.S; don't use synonyms to try and make yourself look clever. It doesn't work when your grammar and intelligence is poor. Now with that said, do you think Sam is a cert for the open-side or is it another hotly contested area?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by dgttaylor Fri 02 Nov 2012, 4:50 pm

Very hot. Outside shout Rennie. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the Autumn internationals.

dgttaylor

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 02 Nov 2012, 5:02 pm

Yes dgttaylor I agree. Back-row and back 3 are incredibly contested areas. And although 2nd row it is supposedly a weak area for England, I'd still like to see Parling or Palmer tour, those are some big solid locks.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4