The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez junior drops daddy from camp

+4
TRUSSMAN66
BoxingFan88
no-mas
Seanusarrilius
8 posters

Go down

Chavez junior drops daddy from camp Empty Chavez junior drops daddy from camp

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 04 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

You never know what goes on behind the scenes but it seemed in the build up to the Martinez fight that junior just didn't want to listen to his pops.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-jr-says-his-father-no-longer-camp--58972

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Chavez junior drops daddy from camp Empty Re: Chavez junior drops daddy from camp

Post by no-mas Sun 04 Nov 2012, 2:20 pm

"Leading up to the fight Chavez says there were personal issues that affected him and made him lose his focus" - Yeah apparently Marijuana does that to you.
Sounds like he cant accept it was his fault for the loss so is looking for someone to blame, simple fact he is a lazy bar steward who got a good old fashioned ar$e whooping

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Chavez junior drops daddy from camp Empty Re: Chavez junior drops daddy from camp

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

His dad was giving him great advice, he was too busy eating Cheerios, not that it would have mattered anyway...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:39 pm

The usual Chavez hate is alive and well I see..................

Getting tired of seeing him linked to substance abuse all the time...

Give the guy a break....he's a quality fighter like it or not.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

So if he had listened to is dad, would it have made a difference to the result?

It could be that having a living legend for a dad puts extra pressure on Jnr. Better get his dad out of the way and focus on himself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

For once I agree with Truss. It seems people need someone to hate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Sun 04 Nov 2012, 3:49 pm

In all fairness, Chavez Snr did get far too involved during the fights, I can't judge how he is in the run up but I'm guessing he could probably be quite intense. Who can blame him though, he just wants the best for his Son... Afterall this is a guy who wakes up at 5pm in the afternoon baked off his tree, who trains in his living room.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 04 Nov 2012, 4:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The usual Chavez hate is alive and well I see..................

He's not a bad fighter, just not elite. Great chin and decent body puncher. No boxing brain tough and clueless as to how to adapt if plan 2 isn't working

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Sun 04 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm

Did anyone see the build up to the martinez fight on 24/7?

His dad is the least of his worries, eating cheerios, training in your front room and then no showing up at the gym for sessions with Roach.

I would address those issues before banishing his father who may know a little bit about boxing from the camp.

JCC just won't listen.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by no-mas Sun 04 Nov 2012, 6:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The usual Chavez hate is alive and well I see..................

linked to substance abuse? he is currently serving a suspension for failing a drugs test! Also Chavez hate? i didnt see anyone prior to you say they hate him on this thread.

azania wrote:So if he had listened to is dad, would it have made a difference to the result?

It could be that having a living legend for a dad puts extra pressure on Jnr. Better get his dad out of the way and focus on himself.

It could be having a living legend for a dad puts extra BENEFITS on Jnr - he was gifted the WBC belt along with a lot of leniency regarding post fight drugs testing prior to the Martinez fight.

Better get his dad out of the way and focus on himself? so it was Snr who advised him to smoke spliffs andnot train properly? the guy has no focus

no-mas

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

no-mas wrote:

linked to substance abuse? he is currently serving a suspension for failing a drugs test! Also Chavez hate? i didnt see anyone prior to you say they hate him on this thread.

azania wrote:So if he had listened to is dad, would it have made a difference to the result?

It could be having a living legend for a dad puts extra BENEFITS on Jnr - he was gifted the WBC belt along with a lot of leniency regarding post fight drugs testing prior to the Martinez fight.

Better get his dad out of the way and focus on himself? so it was Snr who advised him to smoke spliffs andnot train properly? the guy has no focus

Perhaps. But living under his shadow is daunting at the best of times. Plus there could be a conflict between Roach and Snr. He may want to listen to one voice.

Several mexican boxers have been gifted belts but don't get the hate because of it that Jnr gets. Alvarez for one. The 24/7 programmes are edited for the viewing public. It doesn't really show what goes on. If you think he was eating cherios all the time, how come he made weight well? If he wasn't training, he put on a damn good show and showed terrific stamina against the supposed 3rd best p4p fighter out there.

Who said Snr advised him to smoke spliff? Why be so silly?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:

He's not a bad fighter, just not elite. Great chin and decent body puncher. No boxing brain tough and clueless as to how to adapt if plan 2 isn't working

The same could apply to most so called world champions. But they get far less hate thrown at them. In fact the same could be applied to Froch in his showing against Kessler and Ward.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:43 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

The same could apply to most so called world champions. But they get far less hate thrown at them. In fact the same could be applied to Froch in his showing against Kessler and Ward.

Why do you love this word hate, why bring hate into it?

You seem to be morbidly obsessed with this so called hate directed at fighters YOU like. I am sure nobody hates with PURE WHITE HATRED any fighter its just part of the game to choose heros and villans.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:50 pm

Go away.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 04 Nov 2012, 7:53 pm

why?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:10 pm

Because you bore me with your inane ramblings. For one thing, I am no fan of Chavez Jnr yet it doesn't stop you from going ape. And why the red type font? Prett silly if you ask me. If you want to emphasise a point there are other ways of doing it. I suggest you edit it or you may incur the wrath of the mods.

Cheers

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:14 pm

Agreed... I'm a City fan so use a blue font next time!! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:21 pm

azania wrote:Because you bore me with your inane ramblings. For one thing, I am no fan of Chavez Jnr yet it doesn't stop you from going ape. And why the red type font? Prett silly if you ask me. If you want to emphasise a point there are other ways of doing it. I suggest you edit it or you may incur the wrath of the mods.

Cheers

I used red font?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:23 pm

You boys simmer down...you both got my excellent Haroon khan thread locked!!!! Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 04 Nov 2012, 8:25 pm

it was a jem TRUSS.

How long before we see it again?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down