The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 7 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Ent Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:01 am

I think I win in the bad film stakes, watched ghost rider 2 the other day.

The first one was harmless actiony fun, the second well - it's like a child on acid tried to write it.

The "story" is garbage, action lacking and my god the acting, cage trying to portray blaze going crazy is just ridiculous.

Ent

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by McLaren Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Mc.

Have you seen Django? not bad chat.,

Yes, it is quite good but his conversations tend to be a little more tense and highly strung compared to his earlier movies. I guess it is different but not better or worse.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:05 pm

Obviously the film being set in that time its hard to get the banter that we can relate to.. like PULP Fiction. Certianly the king of random chat..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

I went to see the Jim Carey/Steve Carrell one about the magicians

it was better than I expected, but my expectations were really low. Some funny moments but feels quite long. Probably give it 6/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm

Magdalene Sisters - very good if a touch disturbing. Got a bit teary at the end.

Wolf Creek - was good until the scene Liz shoots Mick then completely fell apart.

Red Hill - logic tells me it was rubbish, completely predictable but had a certain charm to it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 01 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm

Oz: Great and powerful, does what it says on the tin- prequel to wizard of oz, decent overall.

Identity thief, surprisingly decent- typecast Jason Bateman film with no thrills or surprises but a few decent comedy moments.

Ladder 49- brilliant fire fighter film, usual story mind but enjoyed the dialogue and performances.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

Have just seen GI Joe: Retaliation.

This is a bunch of large and loud explosions roughly connected to a plot that involves World Domination, a man with a mask, some (pretty poor) Ninjas, The Rock, occasionally Bruce Willis & Jonathan Pryce paying his Gas Bill. Bad acting, rubbish dialogue (dire-logue?) and a faceless cast other than the big names point to a massive no-no.

One to leave to the teenage boys. 4/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 02 Apr 2013, 10:57 am

The Amazing Spiderman

I preferred Garfield to Maguire but not the film. Maybe it was because it was only 10 years ago that the Maguire films were made.

7/10
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:00 am

RED

Action comedy featuring a lot of respected actors having a blast in the advanced stage of their careers. The sort of thing you'd expect Bruce Willis to be doing, maybe Morgan Freeman and Brian Cox too - but not Dame Helen Mirren, John Malkovich or Richard Dreyfuss! Either didn't know or had forgotten it was based on a graphic novel.

I hear they've shot a sequel. There were signs up in the City of London a few months ago, explaining to members of public that they were filming, and not to be alarmed by low-flying helicopters or whatever it was they were doing.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:03 am

The Croods.

Took my eldest two to see it on Friday. It was pretty good fun with lots of adult humor to keep the parents entertained. I always find it amusing in the cinema when all the adults start laughing at something and the kids all look at them as if to say 'that's not even funny, what are you laughing at'.

8.5/10

Has anyone seen it? Is it wrong that I felt attracted to Eep, the main female character?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:04 am

I watched two films this weekend:

Dark Knight Rises - huge disappointment. Bane was atrocious, the twist all-too-predicable, Bale unemotional. Caine over-emotional, looking like a fool. Only Joseph Gordon-Levitt really made that film semi-acceptable. 5/10.

Expendables 2 - omg, how rubbish was this. I liked the first film, the second was dire. Some funny lines towards the end, but really disappointing. 3/10.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:06 am

bane atrocious Doh

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:08 am

Accent = laughable
Dialogue = embarrassing
Relationship with woman = not believable
Fighting style = not impressive
Physique = commanding

Tom Hardy's physique was incredible, but that's it. I was not impressed with Bane, simple as. Even the Penguin made a better rival for Batman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

Unknown

A thriller with Liam Neeson. I didn't guess the twist (I hardly do), which was good. Thought it was a good watch and would recommend it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:12 am

You must be one of very few on the net that feels that way mate!!

But hey nothing wrong with that tbh..

But your issue is personal not factual. I thought Tom Hardy as allways was immense in that role. And I enjoyed the character bane..

I can certainly belive in him in every way in this 'unbelivable' world. He does fit to me..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

For me, the plot was sub-standard compared to TDK, and the villain also. Which led to me not really enjoying the film. And God was it long, parts of it really dragged.

Tom Hardy played the role superbly, it's just that, for me, the character wasn't very good. I always find it stupid beyond comprehension that supposedly clever bad guys always let the good guy live, rather than just kill him. If Bane was this super-bad guy, he should have just killed Batman in the tunnels and let his body float out to JDL. Admittedly the Batman franchise might have been killed off, but what's the point in building up a character like Bane if he's going to do the one stupid thing that he's never done in his life before?

I love Tom Hardy though, possibly as much as the wife does Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

I get your whole 'james bond' issue with these films..

Why do they get a chance to live!!

But i suppose its something that we have to just accept- or these superhero films wouldnt exist..

I loved the film and thought it was a good film overall, Brilliant in fact. Not quite up to standard of the other two., And who can live up to Nolan and Heaths Joker ??

My major issue is Bale in all tbh.. I think Bale is superb usually. Infact in films like the boxer, the machinest and others he is up there with anyone. And tbh I like his Bruce Wayne.. Its batmans voice that grates.. But then Is Bruce wayne supposed to be a good actor. Maybe thats the charm and the point. All the same it does grate on me..

I cant get enough of Hardy tbh... Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 11:31 am

Michael Keaton played a good Batman, despite being rubbish at all other times. Even George Clooney was okay, but Bale is a poor Wayne, and an even worse Batman. Bale's Batman voice and the 'woe is me' Wayne act were poor, and thankfully consigned to franchise history.

What's the news on a Robin series of films? Anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Apr 2013, 5:06 pm

Watched Indie Game last night.

An interesting insightful look into the minds and lives of 4 independent video game makers. Really enjoyed it.

8/10

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Wed 03 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:The Croods.

Took my eldest two to see it on Friday. It was pretty good fun with lots of adult humor to keep the parents entertained. I always find it amusing in the cinema when all the adults start laughing at something and the kids all look at them as if to say 'that's not even funny, what are you laughing at'.

8.5/10

Has anyone seen it? Is it wrong that I felt attracted to Eep, the main female character?
I took my eldest 2 to watch this today. I enjoyed it, not as good as the first 2 shrek films but better than any other dreamworks films. I know what you mean about Eep, I think the athletic body and Emma Stones voice might be something to do with it. I watched it in 3d not sure if that us worth the extra couple of quid, there are only a few moments that actually stood out because of it. I would give it 8/10

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Thu 04 Apr 2013, 5:08 pm

Watched Taken 2 last night. Terrible. Taken 1 wasnt the best film but still v enjoyable imo. They put more of the daughter in this(thought she was worst part of 1st film), the bad guys were crap(and I thought they were supposed to be Albanian), and Neeson looked like he wasnt trying too hard. 3/10

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:06 am

I watched 'Side Effects' on Saturday night, and really enjoyed it.

It started off a little slow. The first third I was unsure of the film's direction, and not sure if I was really enjoying it. The final 2/3rds just blew me away.

Excellent twist and well acted. Not usually a fan of Law, but he's good.

8/10

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:12 am

American Pie: The Reunion - 8/10
The best of the series for me, which was a huge surprise. So many laugh-out-loud moments, re-captures the spirit of the original (unlike 2, 3 and 4), and the last scene in the cinema made me cry with laughter. The only AP film I'd happily re-watch!

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

It was funny wasnt it. I cant stretch to 8/10 . But it was a lot better than the 2nd ,3rd and all the spin off american pies!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

I gave it 8 because I expected it to be a 2, and Jim's Dad got half the marks himself. What a great comedic performance from him Laugh

And oddly, I enjoyed it far more than TDKR Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:33 pm

127 hours- 8 out of 10

Kept me gripped throughout, thought James Franco was excellent, a great portrayal of a very intense experience and the 'radio interview' scene made me lol which is something I wouldn't have thought possible considering the subject matter of man chopping off his own arm with a blunt pen knife to survive.

Would strongly recommend, a good watch.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 08 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I gave it 8 because I expected it to be a 2, and Jim's Dad got half the marks himself. What a great comedic performance from him Laugh

And oddly, I enjoyed it far more than TDKR Shocked

More than TDKR...

give it another go AZ thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 08 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm

Oz The Great and Powerful....fell asleep. Just what the doctor ordered OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:22 pm

Got given free tickets to a preview of Evil Dead this evening.

Despite not really being a horror movie buff, It's a good film, sort of a re-boot with plenty of nods to the origional, gory as hell, the special effects budget is certainally bigger, only problem I had with it was it lacked any of the humour of the origionals (though some of the more absurd sequences made me laugh).

Part I enjoyed most was that it was the first time my missus (who procured the tickets) had seen an 18 rated, gory, horror film, and I think it's trumatisd her slightly Laugh

6/10

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 09 Apr 2013, 7:11 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Got given free tickets to a preview of Evil Dead this evening.

Despite not really being a horror movie buff, It's a good film, sort of a re-boot with plenty of nods to the origional, gory as hell, the special effects budget is certainally bigger, only problem I had with it was it lacked any of the humour of the origionals (though some of the more absurd sequences made me laugh).

Part I enjoyed most was that it was the first time my missus (who procured the tickets) had seen an 18 rated, gory, horror film, and I think it's trumatisd her slightly Laugh

6/10

You realise that if you were a character in a horror film you'd be one of the first victims for using the word "procured" & your missus would probably survive due to being traumatised.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 09 Apr 2013, 5:06 pm

Galted wrote:
Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Got given free tickets to a preview of Evil Dead this evening.

6/10

You realise that if you were a character in a horror film you'd be one of the first victims for using the word "procured" & your missus would probably survive due to being traumatised.

I like to think I'd do quite well in a horror film, cheifly because if I hear a suspicious noise in the dark, I wouldn't wander towards it shouting hello.

And procured is a perfectly acceptable word

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 09 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:

I like to think I'd do quite well in a horror film, cheifly because if I hear a suspicious noise in the dark, I wouldn't wander towards it shouting hello.

And procured is a perfectly acceptable word

Smile
It is a perfecly acceptable word, just not when discussing horror. Suspicious noises in the dark are normally the pet cat or dog, the monster's standing right behind you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:44 pm

Eastern promises. Brilliant london russian mafia flick with Viggo Mortensen..9/10

12 Monkies- very average - wanted more from the premise. 6/10

welcome to the punch- overwhelmingly average brit flick.. 5/10

rounders - seen it loads- brilliant film with younger matt damon and edward norton.. 9/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:50 pm

My God Myst you watch alot films!

You put Barry Norman in the shade.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:52 pm

yep i watch them while i post. I dont watch much telly mate.. just film and sport (well bar good quality tv series-- just starting up game of thrones- cant believe i missed it so far!!)

I watch about 1 a day I suppose..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote:yep i watch them while i post. I dont watch much telly mate.. just film and sport (well bar good quality tv series-- just starting up game of thrones- cant believe i missed it so far!!)

I watch about 1 a day I suppose..

Same here. The biggest benefit of being single is not having to watch all that reality crap and the soaps. 10 years of that really done me in. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 09 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

Oh my gf does(its on in the background!!)- I have to watch me films and stuff on the lappy Sad

I paid for the telly and all!! Sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Oh my gf does(its on in the background!!)- I have to watch me films and stuff on the lappy Sad

You'll never beat a woman! Ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:12 pm

FreekShow wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Oh my gf does(its on in the background!!)- I have to watch me films and stuff on the lappy Sad

Just get her one of those cyclone vacuum cleaners to keep her entertained & you'll have the tv all to yourself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 9:16 pm

Galted wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Just get her one of those cyclone vacuum cleaners to keep her entertained & you'll have the tv all to yourself.

Sounds like a plan!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

Just watched dark skies

There's a scene in it were the dad wakes the kid up and he has no eyeballs. I found myself slightly jealous because if I never had eyes I wouldn't have had to watch this awful cliche driven movie

If I were to honestly score this out of 5 it would likely get half a mark, and that would only be because his wife has a decent set of legs. I like the concept of a 'horror' movie with aliens but it was just awfully executed

There's a bit of a twist at the end and I usually kick myself because I didn't see something in reflection was blatantly obvious, however in this I just kicked myself because that's 95 minutes I'm never getting back

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:34 am

gazzyD wrote:Just watched dark skies

There's a scene in it were the dad wakes the kid up and he has no eyeballs. I found myself slightly jealous because if I never had eyes I wouldn't have had to watch this awful cliche driven movie

Laugh

I'll be sure to stay well away from that one then.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:24 am

End of Watch

Gritty take on cop buddy movie starring Michael Pena and Jake Gyllenhall. Set in South Central LA, it captured the relationship between the two perfectly, as they battled gang violence.

I thought it was really well paced, and the two leads complimented each other.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:36 am

The prestige - very Chris Nolan. Not sure what else to say. Full of twists, turns and altogether brilliantly assembled. Some people have said the ending is disappointing, but in some ways that is the moral of the film - there's no such thing as magic, it's all a trick.

I think Empire gets this one right in its summing-up: "Odd, but brilliantly so. It's a small film that feels big, a period drama that looks modern, defying comparison to anything but Nolan himself."

8/10

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

I quite liked The Prestige, even if Christian Bale was his usual moody self in it. Any film with Rebecca Hall in it gets a minimum of 8/10 anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:49 am

one of my fav films of all time AZ 10/10 for me

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:55 am

I would agree with what everyone is saying about the Prestige - amazing film with a great, unforeseen ending. Loved every second of it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 11 Apr 2013, 1:47 am

Les Miserables (new one) in the cinema...

During the Anne Hatheway solo my missus burst into to tears in the cinema.. It took me by surprise so much I burst out laughing. That got me the silent treatment for a while after the movie Doh

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 11 Apr 2013, 6:39 am

laughing

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 11 Apr 2013, 7:35 am

City Lights - have a soft spot for films from the 20s & 30s & wasn't disappointed with this one. Chaplin slapstick just doesn't age & the boxing scene was hysterical. This could be the original romcom so does have a bit to answer for.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next