The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 8 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Sun 09 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

The Toxic Avenger

pure B movie genius imo
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:26 pm

"Surrogates"..with Bruce Willis...there's a good reason it went straight to BT Vision.

I was hoping it would be a take on the Michael Marshall Smith sci-fi novel "Spares" .......it wasn't!

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

End Of Watch.

Good film. Very enjoyable.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:31 am

american history X

Still love this film every time i watch it. Superb film from start to finish and i do like edward norton ever since fight club.

8/10

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm

Liam wrote:american history X

Still love this film every time i watch it. Superb film from start to finish and i do like edward norton ever since fight club.

8/10

Only thing that spoils American History X is the simplistic way Norton comes to realise he's wasted his life with this neo nazi stuff (his character certainly possesses the vocabulary to do this) and it's a missed opportunity to improve on a very good film.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

Simplistic-not sure mate

Years spent in jail could do that...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:01 pm

I think that for a film where the main character holds such deep rooted hatred for non-whites, the way he comes to realise that he's wrong comes about too easily. For a hard hitting subject matter it deserved to be dealt with a little better. Maybe that's why the writer and director fell out.

Anyone seen the "25th Hour" with Norton?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:11 pm

Dave..

The way Nortons hatred came about was well done in my eyes. It was from the love of his father. the way his hatrid stopped was done over years of being in jail. Endless nightt of thinking and realisation as well as key moments potrayed in the film..

But you may be right dude!!

My main concern was the 'shock' ending. I felt it was shock over Art..

I havent seen 25th hour. Just looked it up. Looks really good. I will watch

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Dave..

The way Nortons hatred came about was well done in my eyes. It was from the love of his father. the way his hatrid stopped was done over years of being in jail. Endless nightt of thinking and realisation as well as key moments potrayed in the film..

But you may be right dude!!

My main concern was the 'shock' ending. I felt it was shock over Art..

I havent seen 25th hour. Just looked it up. Looks really good. I will watch
Problem is, is that it didn't feel like he'd spent years in prison. His brother only appeared to have aged about six months and then shaved his head. Just didn't get the feeling that he was spending endless nights laying on his bunk staring at the ceiling

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:23 pm

If the brother had been cast by different actors that had an age gap- would that have made a difference to you?

By the way i thought the way they potrayed the before and present worked well. The black and white for old and colour for now. And that made the distinction for me..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:51 pm

It would have helped give the impression that a period of time had passed. Trouble with having young actors, you can't really age them without it looking stupid

Another film that suffers from an inability to accurately portray a sense of time is "Insomnia" with Al Pacino. I may have to revisit it but at the time I recall not really believing that he was awake for seveal days almost non-stop. Clearly a real directorial skill is required to fit this into a two hour film. Some have it, some don't

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:01 pm

I just watched insomnia. (last week)

In fact I thought it was an ok film by him/ but still imo badly miscasted.. I dont normally rate him in his non type casted roles, and did nothing to suggest he should play anything bnut a gangster( dog day afternoon from years back being the only non ganagster role to stick imo- and it was still partly gangster)..

But robin williams small part stole the show in insomina

Deniero is allways used as a direct comparision to pachino. Just look at his roles in silver linning playbook to show that he still has it(in any role )and taxi driver to show that intensity that maybe al pachino could have done(but hasnt got the ability) with insomia.,

7/10 for me..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I think that for a film where the main character holds such deep rooted hatred for non-whites, the way he comes to realise that he's wrong comes about too easily. For a hard hitting subject matter it deserved to be dealt with a little better. Maybe that's why the writer and director fell out.

Anyone seen the "25th Hour" with Norton?

I've got it on DVD. It's my second favourite Norton movie behind Fight Club. I love the monologue scene where he blames everyone close to him for his predicament.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 12 Apr 2013, 6:38 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I just watched insomnia. (last week)

In fact I thought it was an ok film by him/ but still imo badly miscasted.. I dont normally rate him in his non type casted roles, and did nothing to suggest he should play anything bnut a gangster( dog day afternoon from years back being the only non ganagster role to stick imo- and it was still partly gangster)..

But robin williams small part stole the show in insomina

Deniero is allways used as a direct comparision to pachino. Just look at his roles in silver linning playbook to show that he still has it(in any role )and taxi driver to show that intensity that maybe al pachino could have done(but hasnt got the ability) with insomia.,

7/10 for me..

de niro in cape fear is about as intense as it gets

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

Oblivion.

Predictable, but entertainng. 7/10. The soundtrack is amazing, and alone increase the movie from a 6 to a 7.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:45 pm

The Dark Knight Rises - fairly enjoyable load of rubbish, put your brain into neutral before watching.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:26 pm

Dead Mans Shoes

Paddy Considine is quite disturbing in it , but i loved it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:37 pm

Kenny wrote:Dead Mans Shoes

Enjoyed that as well. Funny just how disturbing little chaps with moustaches like him & Begbie in Trainspotting can be.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:05 pm

Galted wrote:
Kenny wrote:Dead Mans Shoes

Enjoyed that as well. Funny just how disturbing little chaps with moustaches like him & Begbie in Trainspotting can be.

Never thought of it like that , Trainspotting up next now you have mentioned it .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:09 pm

its a dark film.. i luv it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Oblivion.

Predictable, but entertainng. 7/10. The soundtrack is amazing, and alone increase the movie from a 6 to a 7.

Word for word the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 17 Apr 2013, 11:14 am

Silver Linings Playbook - promising for the first hour, then degenerated into cliches & predictability

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 18 Apr 2013, 1:03 pm

Rewatched Fight Club for the first time in years. Cracking film, just as compelling as I remembered. I actually read the book earlier this year and was distinctly underwhelmed due to the film being so heavily based on it. Should've read it first!

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Thu 18 Apr 2013, 10:59 pm

Watched Olympus Has Fallen earlier. Elements of Die Hard with The White House as the venue. Not bad as an action film but some of storyline is a little difficult to swallow. Only about 10 people in the cinema for a 5pm screening!

Probably a 6 or at best 7 out of 10 if you are an American and feeling patriotic.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 10:22 am

Piranha DD. Not the greatest film in the world but not the worst. Left open for another sequel as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 19 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:I watched two films this weekend:

Dark Knight Rises - huge disappointment. Bane was atrocious, the twist all-too-predicable, Bale unemotional. Caine over-emotional, looking like a fool. Only Joseph Gordon-Levitt really made that film semi-acceptable. 5/10.
].

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5iNV_romE

ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 19 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

I fully recommend Side Effects, brilliant film even if it gets a bit ridiculous.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri 19 Apr 2013, 11:30 am

Finally got around to watching Black Swan, after seeing it in bits and pieces over the last few years. Not a bad film at all, not as good as the hype but still enjoyable and worth a viewing.

I have gained a new appreciation for Mila Kunis in the process! Yahoo

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

How much do you see Kunis and Portman getting it on? Im tempted to watch it purely for that scene.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 19 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

watched The Mask again lastnight .

My son had never seen it and loved it , reminded me how good Carey could be when playing the fool
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 19 Apr 2013, 3:42 pm

Just watched shark night. Was a load of rubbish. No film has made a shark look realistic since Jaws 1.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 19 Apr 2013, 3:49 pm

The Mask is a great film!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:08 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I fully recommend Side Effects, brilliant film even if it gets a bit ridiculous.

Really great movie. Never usually a fan of Law, but he was excellent in this film and carried it really well. Very, very entertaining.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Apr 2013, 4:51 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:Never usually a fan of Law, but he was excellent in this film and carried it really well. Very, very entertaining.
You know what?

I like the films of Jude Law too zen

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 22 Apr 2013, 9:18 pm

Started watching the Hobbit but turned it off after 45 minutes as could actually see the sands of time measuring the span of my life slip away. At the 45 minute mark I realised that I was only about 10% of the way through the trilogy and decided that I could do other more useful things with that time:

Learn to speak Russian fluently
Become a chess grandmaster
Learn to paint like Titian
Count to 1 million.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:Started watching the Hobbit but turned it off after 45 minutes as could actually see the sands of time measuring the span of my life slip away. At the 45 minute mark I realised that I was only about 10% of the way through the trilogy and decided that I could do other more useful things with that time:

Count to 1 million.

I think I counted to a million during the infinite closing scenes of the Lord of the Rings.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:21 pm

I actually read Lord of the Rings in its entirery in the time between the scene showing th ring falling into the fires of Mount Doom and the closing credits of the film.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:27 pm

I let the wife choose the film lastnight Rolling Eyes

and her choice ....................................................................

The Full Monty

it has been awhile since i have watched it , and got to admit i found myself loving it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Love The Full Monty, probably my fav comedy

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:28 pm

i had forgot how enjoyable a film it is
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:51 am

You Brits do make the best rags to riches stories I'll hand you that...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:53 am

Not a big fan of The Full Monty.

I watched The Five Year Engagement at the weekend. Started slow but was a good watch. Jason Segal is always good.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:00 am

superflyweight wrote:Started watching the Hobbit but turned it off after 45 minutes as could actually see the sands of time measuring the span of my life slip away. At the 45 minute mark I realised that I was only about 10% of the way through the trilogy and decided that I could do other more useful things with that time:

Count to 1 million.
I'll rank those in order of difficulty:

Count to 1 million

Now counting to 1 million would take you c.35 days, if you say a number every 3 seconds. But that doesn't allow for work, 606v2 posting, sleeping, eating etc. Say 100 days.

I learned to speak Russian at College and it took me 2 years to get to a good standard. And it's tough going.

I know a chess grandmaster, and he has played about 4 hours per day every day of his life, since he was about 7 years old. That sounds tedious.

No-one in the world today can paint like Titian, so God only knows how long that'd take.

But yeah, all of those would happen before The Hobbit finishes Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:44 pm

Watched Gangster Squad the other day. It was OK but got the impression it's pretty much a lift of the Stephen Hunter novel "Hot Springs" I haven't read the credits so I don't know if they mention it's based on the book at all, but read the book then watch the film and tell me there isn't a similarity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:29 am

The Karate Kid (2010).

I was surprised by how much shared DNA there was with the original - story beats, characters, certain lines or moments (a couple of visual references - fly/chopsticks, waxing the car)... and even the same producer. Main differences seemed to be a younger cast, set in China, and (strangely) kung fu rather than karate. The quality of martial arts is good, to the extent that I was squirming a little at the level of violence portrayed on a 12 year old boy.

Still, I would say I prefer the original - probably because of a large dose of nostalgia/happy memories, so I wouldn't begrudge anyone (particularly youngsters) if they tended towards this new incarnation.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:05 am

I watched the (Matt Damon) Bourne Trilogy last week having not watched them for a while.

All 3 are fantastic films, great action and cast. 9/10 (for the trilogy)

Need to see what the new one is like.
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:10 am

American Pie - The Reunion

Enjoyed it more than the 2nd and 3rd. That may have something to do with having a couple of beers and having the wife laughing at it.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:07 am

You are an idiot if you didn't like the hobbit.

Iron man 3 - worst of the trilogy, great final scene but the story just made no sense what so ever, hard to go into detail avoiding spoilers and not recalling iron man 2 anything mother than a glorified sequel.

Not good, beat bits about it were the trailers for thor 2 and man of steel- I pray to god for no avengers references in Thor 2...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:42 am

An Idiot if someone doesnt like the hobbit.... yawwwnnn

BTW i like it. but.................why should anyone else..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 30 Apr 2013, 10:45 am

Was about to comment mysti!

I didn't like the Hobbit, but can see why others did. Guess that makes me.....a reasoning idiot?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next