The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

+86
goldwolf
poc.sco
seanmichaels
Hulking_up
STC
Pr4wn
rIck_dAgless
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
bhb001
Duty281
JDizzle
jimmyinthewell68
SirJohnnyEnglish
Hero
The Saint
Hoggy_Bear
Trebs
XR
Breadvan
robbo277
RinoGattuso
MIG
ShahenshahG
Sir. badgerhands
Enforcer
nadeem2099
Derbyblue
TRUSSMAN66
Shot 21 LCFC
Silver
bsando
azania
MtotheC
tomfinneywalksonwater
Mind the windows Tino.
McLaren
hornbloweroafc
Rowley
Cari
Steffan
TM Moot
two_tone
Thunder87
TheMackemMawler
bluestonevedder
Lumbering_Jack
LivinginItaly
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Y I Man
The Best in the World
Crimey
ChequeredJersey
Colan (niner)
Mr Bounce
Cyril
Mike Selig
Scott is Back
SharkSoul
Thomond
guildfordbat
djlovesyou
dummy_half
Blade
Knowsit17
Bull
westisbest
teassoc
Dr Gregory House MD
Il Gialloblu
Ent
kingjohn7
hampo17
Liam
Galted
Adam D
Morgannwg
superflyweight
compelling and rich
Nakatomi Plaza
Skydriver
Stella
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Mad for Chelsea
Kenny
90 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 9 Empty The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Kenny Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:42 am

First topic message reminder :

I took the kids to the cinema yesterday to watch Rise of the Guardians , it's good but not great .......but the kids loved it so if your stuck for something to do then it's a good way to keep them entertained for a hour and half or so .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by Galted Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 pm

I haven't seen it yet so I don't know if I'm an idiot or not - will let you know in June when it's released for rental.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued  - Page 9 Empty Re: The Last Film Watched Thread .................continued

Post by bluestonevedder Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 pm

Let us all know as soon as you find out Galted. That is, if you can figure out how to turn your computer on, or even manage to work out how to pull back your duvet and exit your bed to grab your laptop.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:03 pm

No worries, hopefully I won't swallow the disk by mistake.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Its ok. Quite good infact.

However If you want some hardcore wizard, incest and fighting middle ages kind of stuff. Nothing beats GAME OF THRONES.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Oh and did i mention the amount of fit naked women

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed May 01, 2013 3:00 am

watched Rise of the Footsoldier lastnight .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed May 01, 2013 4:54 am

Bit harsh but the hobbit is really very enjoyable - not talking about critical acclaim or film critic head on.

Seriously there's something a bitnwrongneith you if you couldntntakenitnfor what it was and enjoy it.

Iron man 3 was a garbled mess but I enjoyed it.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 am

Jack reacher - I haven't read this particular novel, but was unhappy about cruise playing what should be a 6ft5 ex army guy. I actually enjoyed, more down to the story than cruise but he's nowhere near as bad as I expected him to be. Read differing rumours that sequels are in the work and others saying it was a one off, but I'd probably welcome more

Ironman 3 - I personally found this the best of the three ironman films purely because Downey jr sucks you in such is his on screen charisma, this franchise will really struggle to replace him if marvel don't bend over backwards to secure him for future movies. I really enjoyed it overall, actually thought it was excellent, except for one bit at the end of the final battle which annoyed me slightly, and the scene after the credits annoyed me as well. I was hoping for Thor teasers...it wasnt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 am

Stand By Me

one of my favourite feel good films , i can watch this over and over again . Dreyfuss's voice over still evokes emotions
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu May 02, 2013 8:30 am

Kenny wrote:Stand By Me

one of my favourite feel good films , i can watch this over and over again . Dreyfuss's voice over still evokes emotions

One of my all time favourite films.

For some reason i watch this when i come home drunk. Not sure why Headscratch

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri May 10, 2013 1:04 am

Watched two films today as i'm bored

Vampyre Nation .....................avoid at all costs

The Black Hole ........................... so bad it's still good
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 10, 2013 10:53 am

Star Trek into darkness

Epic. Just epic.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 am

Judgement Night.

Love this film.

Good cast.

Emilio Estevez
Jeremy Piven
Cuba Gooding Jnr
Stephen Dorff

Denis Leary.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat May 11, 2013 4:55 am

The place beyond the pines.

Wonderfully strange film.

I dont want to say to much because its one of them films that i could give major spoilers away about just from the smallest detail.

Great performances from gosling and cooper..

9/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 am

21 jump street - was awesome and much better then expected - 8/10

Watchmen - expected better but got the jest of it unlike others who said it was confusing 7.5/10

Fight Club - yes i should of seen this film ages ago though have to say its awesome one of the best there is 10/10!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 am

Big fan of the Aliens movies and finally got round to seeing Prometheus last night.

Wish I never had........

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri May 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Eventually got round to watching the Amazing Spiderman and really enjoyed it. Darker and much better than the other three with Toby Maguire (although i did enjoy them as well).

Even the wife liked it and she hates superhero films thumbsup

8/10

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri May 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Iron Man 3- Good action scenes, interesting story line, good bits of comedy added in. All added up to be a very good film, will be a shame if Robert Downey Jr really is done with the character if they want to keep the franchise going Marvel could really struggle to replace him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Star Trek (remake) - really don't see what the fuss is about and won't be breaking my neck to watch the latest installment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 am

DAVE667 wrote:Star Trek (remake) - really don't see what the fuss is about and won't be breaking my neck to watch the latest installment

Can I ask are you a Trekkie or not?

Personally I'm not and I loved the latest one, completely owns the reboot from start to finish

I watched nick and Norah's infinite playlist earlier, bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, plus Kat Dennings is a wee bit of eye candy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun May 19, 2013 9:14 am

Iron man 3 -very good 8/10 . RDJ is awesome in this one.. The only let down for me is guy pearce- but he is passable..

star trek - good 7.5/10, Cumberbatch is awesome. in this. But the film without his scences seem a little bit chessy and nicey nicey for me!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun May 19, 2013 11:38 pm

Watched the Last Stand with Arnie. Largely enjoyable nonsense.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 am

Star Trek: Into The Darkness.

Watched it in 3D.

As a 'non trekky', thought it was a good film, better than the first.

All the more better then watching in 2D.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 9:18 am

Just been to see the great gatsby, didn't think I'd like it but very happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong

One of the most captivating movies you'll see this year, lurhmann has created a totally immersable world that will draw you in and Di Caprio as always is outstanding. A tip of the cap to Maguire as well, I'm not his biggest fan but have no complaints about him here

A refreshing change to see a movie entertain because of the substance of the story and not the action or the special effects.

Loved the soundtrack as well giving modern hits a classic 1920s sound.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Tue May 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Just watched Gambit with Colin Firth. Was on Blinkbox for 99p. It was not money well spent.
Apart form a funny scene in a Hotel.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 21, 2013 10:41 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:Just watched Gambit with Colin Firth. Was on Blinkbox for 99p. It was not money well spent.
Apart form a funny scene in a Hotel.

yeah I gave that a miss following the trailer, didn't look very good

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Tue May 21, 2013 11:09 pm

I watched a couple of films - one much better than expected and one worse.

I was disappointed with Django. I normally enjoy Tarantino's films but this started OK but then disappointed. I didn't warm to DeCaprio as the rich southern plantation owner at all. Jamie Foxx never came alive as the hero and for most of the film was really following Walz (whose character I did enjoy).

I did however enjoy People Like Us. Not usually my kind of film but it was fun to watch Chris Pine's character develop into ultimately a much better kind of person.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Platoon - watched it on the weekend 20-odd years after first seeing it, didn't think too much of it first time around & still don't. Shameful overacting & one OTT scene after another. Tempted to say it wasn't very realistic but, I don't know 'cos I wasn't there, man. 5/10

Princess Mononoke - third Studio Ghibli film I've seen, not as good as Spirited Away but preferred it to Howl's Moving Castle, not as endearing as the former and less sentimental than the latter, great escapism. 7/10

Goodbye Lenin - Ok I suppose, didn't know whether it wanted to be a farce, a drama or a love story. Had its moments as well as a plot frequently stretched to breaking point. 6/10

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am

Killer Joe.
Kind of a black comedy and kind of a nasty film!!
Either way. It had that grit of a British council estate gangster wannabe type film but was just so unrealistic- every character was just a complete A-hole , all black as black. Not even a glimmer of grey. Therefore it was kind of enjoyable because it didn't seem real . But then bang a scene hits you and you feel sorry for someone..
One scene is in my top 5 darkest scenes in film.. (But then I am probably not the worlds expert on dark scenes as I don't watch that many horror type films!!)
Anyway good watch- Really strange seeing Matthew McConaughey in such a different role.
Its a weird film. I could imagine many people liking this film a lot and others thinking it's the worst film they ever saw.. For me though 6/10. worth the watch even if it was strange!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed May 22, 2013 2:14 am

watched The Sting and The Sting 2 yesterday

the first one is good film but why oh why did they make a second one Rolling Eyes
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed May 22, 2013 2:18 am

Piggy

Not a bad brit flick, but why does every film have to have a romance story in the back ground?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 22, 2013 2:28 am

Kenny wrote:watched The Sting and The Sting 2 yesterday

the first one is good film but why oh why did they make a second one Rolling Eyes

I havent seen the second and didnt even know it existed. I love the first.

Stella

My GF was talking about piggy yesterday. I brushed it aside!

Maybe I will watch.. But that pig face looks a bit evil!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed May 22, 2013 2:31 am

Insidious
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 am

Mystir

I watched it as there was sod all on. It wasn't bad though. Quite violent, which is not seen, just left to your imagination.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 am

mystiroakey wrote:
Kenny wrote:watched The Sting and The Sting 2 yesterday

I havent seen the second and didnt even know it existed. I love the first film

Sting II
Jackie Gleason plays Fargo Gondorff rather then Newmans Henry Gondorff
Mac Davis plays Jake Hooker rather then Redfords Johnny Hooker
Oliver Reed is Lonnegan rather then Robert Shaw
and Karl Malden plays Gus Macalinski a local racketeer

not sure if it's a sequel or a cheap copy , the plot is about a fixed boxing match were Gondorff and Hooker con both Lonnegan and Macalinski

its a poor imitation of the first film
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed May 22, 2013 2:54 am

I watched American Pie: The Reunion which was quite good in parts. A solid 7/10

Also watched Wrong Turn 4 which was a lot better than any fourquel has the right to be. 6/10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 am

Skyfall, finally got round to watching it after meaning to see it in the cinema. Probably my favourite of the Daniel Craig Bond films.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 am

Watched Headhunters last night.

Norwegian, crime drama/thriller that was very good.

Well-paced all the way through and very funny in parts.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu May 23, 2013 9:42 am

Watching Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger on Sky Family right now

what great special effects Very Happy , but it does have Jane Seymour in it
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu May 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Django Unchained:

Decent film, although not as good as i expected.

Thought Dicaprio/Jackson played their parts well.

Foxx was ok in it.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 24, 2013 10:09 am

Fast and furious 6

All I can say is I've seen more believable movies were aliens have come to out planet and started an intergalactic war. Can't say it wasn't entertaining though providing you switch off your brain for the duration of the movie

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat May 25, 2013 2:52 am

Dumb & Dumber. Seen along time ago but saw it for about£2 so bought it. Almost every scene is funny, and was happy to find out that I still found it funny now. Im not even a fan of Jim Carrey, but for me 9/10.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 am

gazzyD wrote:Fast and furious 6

All I can say is I've seen more believable movies were aliens have come to out planet and started an intergalactic war. Can't say it wasn't entertaining though providing you switch off your brain for the duration of the movie

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 am

watched That's my Boy today

Adam Sandler doing his usual stuff , i did laugh quite a few times as the story does have some good bits in it .

teenager shags teacher
teacher gets preggers then goes to jail
teenager gains fame for doing said shagging
teenager brings up baby ( badly )
skip 25 years
teenager now grown up ( Sandler)but living on past fame
son disowns him telling everyone that his parents both dead
Sandler needing money tracks him down
then have try and bond
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat May 25, 2013 7:56 am

Hangover 3.

Weakest one out of the three, as I thought it would be.
Still some funny parts.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat May 25, 2013 8:06 am

Stella.

Just finished watching Piggy.

It was decent..

Cant beat the fight club theme but at the same time different enough to be its own film. It is better than its rated -7/10

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2013 8:08 am

mystiroakey wrote:

Just finished watching Piggy.

My missus did say earlier she felt like someone was looking through her window...

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat May 25, 2013 8:10 am

Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun May 26, 2013 6:22 pm

westisbest wrote:Hangover 3.

Weakest one out of the three, as I thought it would be.
Still some funny parts.

I saw it last night. Didn't have great expectations, but thought it got funnier as it went along. Quite a few of the gags fell flat, particularly those from Zach Galfalnakis. Chow was always funny though. Overall it was an easy watch. 6/10

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun May 26, 2013 6:44 pm

weaker than hangover 2!

ermmm..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next