The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English Rugby on the up

+23
100%beefy
Knowsit17
Hood83
HammerofThunor
ChequeredJersey
RuggerBoy
Bathman_in_London
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
ScarletSpiderman
Chjw131
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Morgannwg
bluestonevedder
BoyneRFC
Luckless Pedestrian
nobbled
lostinwales
Poorfour
Geordie
Effervescing Elephant
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
AlastairW
englandglory4ever
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

English Rugby on the up - Page 2 Empty English Rugby on the up

Post by englandglory4ever Wed 19 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

English rugby is starting to look very promising indeed. English sides are featuring very strongly in all competitions. We are currently holding top positions in HC, Amlin Cup, LV Cup, British & Irish Cup and of course topped off by a great win against the NZers. The depth of talent is obviously getting stronger and quite right, its high time English Rugby started to punch its weight.

Last week we heard that even more talented sports people have been brought in to help on the margins. All very encouraging. I think the new Chairman of the RFU has already made his mark with his forward thinking and action. He deserves some credit albeit muted at the moment as the season has a long way to go but he seems to be doing a lot right.

England Rugby is in a good place right now though. Can't wait to see how the 1st team go in the 6Ns.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

English Rugby on the up - Page 2 Empty Re: English Rugby on the up

Post by MotelMoneyMurderMadness Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:15 pm

You really dont like league do you. Why?

MotelMoneyMurderMadness

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:33 am

MotelMoneyMurderMadness wrote:You really dont like league do you. Why?

Who does?...just a drain on potential union resources Very Happy

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 9:31 pm

Laugh Wales How stupid does your back patting self congratulatory article look now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

Bit of a strange hobby imo, to go digging for articles from 4 months back to rub in some faces. English rugby certainly could have been considered on the up at the time this was written, as could any structure that had produced a win over the AB's. I know if Wales had done it there'd have definitely been our share of optimistic threads in response to a historic win.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:32 pm

Didn't dig it up just googled it, because i remembered how arrogant it was when i read it first time round.

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:37 pm

viewtothegym wrote: Laugh Wales How stupid does your back patting self congratulatory article look now.

seriously get a life, you are embarassing wales with this sort of pathetic taunting...let our players speak for us on the pitch , we don't need this sort of moronic baiting to prove how good we are...btw...you are under the supervision of idiots...you sure you didn't get that the wrong way round or are you in HMP.

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:44 pm

100%beefy wrote:
viewtothegym wrote: Laugh Wales How stupid does your back patting self congratulatory article look now.

seriously get a life, you are embarassing wales with this sort of pathetic taunting...let our players speak for us on the pitch , we don't need this sort of moronic baiting to prove how good we are...btw...you are under the supervision of idiots...you sure you didn't get that the wrong way round or are you in HMP.
I can say what i want,just because i live n the same side of a border as you don't mean i should automatically think the same as you.

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 10:57 pm

viewtothegym wrote:
100%beefy wrote:

I can say what i want,just because i live n the same side of a border as you don't mean i should automatically think the same as you.

Oh dear, having a battle of wits with an unarmed man is boring at the best of times, but no, you can't say what you want. That's life and this is a forum...show some respect and you might get some, which is probably why no one on here has any time for you Welsh included. thumbsup

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:16 pm

But i don't come on this forum looking for friendship and time from others.
I come on here to vent give an opinion ,i don't give an opinion in hope of praise or reaction!
I just say how i feel about such a game,team,player,coach etc..
I would also presume that everyone on this forum is an adult and can choose to ignore what ever i say, but most of the time i just get back some very personal insults"which is against the house rules" when i keep it strictly rugby.

Just because i think a certain way about something doesn't make it fact or right,neither does it make me wrong.
Some people on this forum seem to be almost female whilst on a period they are that sensitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:21 pm

viewtothegym wrote:But i don't come on this forum looking for friendship and time from others.
I come on here to vent give an opinion ,i don't give an opinion in hope of praise or reaction!
I just say how i feel about such a game,team,player,coach etc..
I would also presume that everyone on this forum is an adult and can choose to ignore what ever i say, but most of the time i just get back some very personal insults"which is against the house rules" when i keep it strictly rugby.

Just because i think a certain way about something doesn't make it fact or right,neither does it make me wrong.
Some people on this forum seem to be almost female whilst on a period they are that sensitive.

You are a just a cheap WUM view and a bad one at that. Now you trawl old articles to make England look bad when we just smashed them...it's so childish as to be laughable...and to suggest that posters who find you dull and repetitive are sensitive like a woman on the blocks, is about as ignorant a thing I have ever heard on here. Congratulations since you clearly aspire to be villified and disrespected thumbsup

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by sickofwendy Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm

Could you imagine if all our cycles synchronized
That would be spooky
Run

sickofwendy

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Mon 18 Mar 2013, 11:45 pm

English rugby continues to be on the UP. Calcutta cup, Edmond Hillary shield and lv cups are in the cabinet. Wales still can't beat any sh side even at home. There will always be blips in sport.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Tue 19 Mar 2013, 1:21 am

englandglory4ever wrote:English rugby continues to be on the UP. Calcutta cup, Edmond Hillary shield and lv cups are in the cabinet. Wales still can't beat any sh side even at home. There will always be blips in sport.

Blips and blind optimism often go hand in hand!

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:14 am

I like to think of the Edmond Hillary Shield loss as a blip.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:36 am

"Wales still can't beat any sh side even at home. " -- You don't mean "can't" because Wales have beaten Aus and SA in the last 15 years, and Aus far more recently (08?). You mean "haven't" beaten SH teams recently, not "can't". Using your phrasing, England "can't" beat Wales because we've beaten you this year and last. We also did better than you in the World Cup, are World Cup Champions in 7s, hav won three Grand Slams since 2005 and 4 6N titles in that period. That's a lot of blips, especially for a country that has far fewer rugby resources. I suspect those "blips" would be more numerous if we had England's player base and resources.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 20 Mar 2013, 1:56 am

Hood83 wrote:
MotelMoneyMurderMadness wrote:You really dont like league do you. Why?

Who does?...just a drain on potential union resources Very Happy

I enjoy Rugby league just as much as I enjoy Rugby Union.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2