The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus

+23
summerblues
ALPanorak
time please
Jeremy_Kyle
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
hawkeye
Josiah Maiestas
Silver
bogbrush
Chydremion
barrystar
lydian
JuliusHMarx
Henman Bill
antonico
The Special Juan
Haddie-nuff
Danny_1982
djlovesyou
User 774433
LuvSports!
harrpau7
27 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 Empty Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus

Post by harrpau7 Fri 28 Dec 2012, 3:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just seen it on BBC Sport.

Shame, but something doesn't seem right with Nadal's absence.

harrpau7

Back to top Go down

Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 Empty Re: Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

super_realist wrote:For the millionth time. I DID NOT say I wanted Nadal to receive a career threatening injury. If you want to misinterpret what I said that's fine. It is also not my problem if HN has domestic issues.

Jesus H Christ,

Laugh
You're clutching at straws here.

You said 'you would be delighted' which means you would like it to happen.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 Empty Re: Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:40 pm

falzy21 wrote:you haven't been reported realist... i requested to speak to someone about it. Youre not necessarily in trouble, but me and a few others felt you were out of order, yours and dj's opinions can differ if you wish.
Itll likely just be left there

I feel Super-realist talks a lot of sense and is a reasonable poster generally. Wellcome to the the tennis forum btw! On the other hand I feel you talk a bit of hot air most of the time Falzy. Hope you won't feel offended by this very personal opinion.....
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:41 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well sorry to disappoint you but I am an Andy Murray fan and no doubt he benefits from Rafa's absence but I would never stoop to craving for Nadal to have a career ending injury and I am sure the vast majority of tennis fans in the world would be in agreement. To wish for such a thing of a all-time great of the sport orveven if he were a journeyman of the sport is nauseating.
thumbsup

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well sorry to disappoint you but I am an Andy Murray fan and no doubt he benefits from Rafa's absence but I would never stoop to craving for Nadal to have a career ending injury and I am sure the vast majority of tennis fans in the world would be in agreement. To wish for such a thing of a all-time great of the sport orveven if he were a journeyman of the sport is nauseating.

I'll tell you what is nauseating is that you lot are taking a flippant, throw away comment as if it were a serious threat and I was actually going to kneecap El Capybara.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:43 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:
falzy21 wrote:you haven't been reported realist... i requested to speak to someone about it. Youre not necessarily in trouble, but me and a few others felt you were out of order, yours and dj's opinions can differ if you wish.
Itll likely just be left there

I feel Super-realist talks a lot of sense and is a reasonable poster generally. Wellcome to the the tennis forum btw! On the other hand I feel you talk a bit of hot air most of the time Falzy. Hope you won't feel offended by this very personal opinion.....
You're TV show sucks OK

In all seriousness, I think we know Falzy is a fantastic poster Ok!
Don't know about SR...

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:44 pm

realist calm down... being so aggressive isn't helping. you didnt say you wanted nadal to have an injury, you said youd be delighted if he permanently crippled his knee... that's what people protest to.
More than that we weren't happy with the way you patronized haddie afterwards. She was legitimately unhappy with your statement and your response afterwards provoked her reaction.
Thats what i wanted you to apologize for, it keeps the peace and makes this place nice to post in

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:46 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
super_realist wrote:For the millionth time. I DID NOT say I wanted Nadal to receive a career threatening injury. If you want to misinterpret what I said that's fine. It is also not my problem if HN has domestic issues.

Jesus H Christ,

Laugh
You're clutching at straws here.

You said 'you would be delighted' which means you would like it to happen.

I'm not clutching at straws at all, you are. He already has a pre-existing long term and frequently recurring knee issue. I'm not wishing it on him, because he's already got it. I think all these Nadal lovers are over-reacting because they actually fear and possibly know, but can't admit that this injury WILL eventually lead to a premature retirement for him.
I'm sure in tennis terms it will be a terrible thing for the top end of the sport and for Nadal, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:49 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Look, not all Nadal fans are the same.
Generalisations are silly.
Obviously not all fans are the same and obviously my comment was not all that serious.

That said, I do not think generalizations are silly, as long as they are not taken as absolutes. Different players do attract somewhat different audiences, and one can generalize as long as one understands that an individual fan may well not fit the simplified description.

I do think that Rafa does tend to attract different fans than say Roger and that a bigger proportion of his fans tend to like him personally, rather than (just) for his game. With Roger, I think the percentage of fans who care more about his game than about the man himself is bigger. I do not exactly have scientific data to support it, but I have seen it again and again on many forums and in real life.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

SR I am not a Nadal lover. I am a Murray fan and even I read a lot of nastiness in that comment but sadly you either cannot or refuse to accept that. We get the picture that you cannot stand Nadal but you over-stepped the mark with your comment but refuse to admit it. That is the worrying thing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

summerblues wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:Look, not all Nadal fans are the same.
Obviously not all fans are the same and obviously my comment was not all that serious.

That said, I do not think generalizations are silly, as long as they are not taken as absolutes. Different players do attract somewhat different audiences, and one can generalize as long as one understands that an individual fan may well not fit the simplified description.

I do think that Rafa does tend to attract different fans than say Roger and that a bigger proportion of his fans tend to like him personally, rather than (just) for his game. With Roger, I think the percentage of fans who care more about his game than about the man himself is bigger. I do not exactly have scientific data to support it, but I have seen it again and again on many forums and in real life.
Well of course.
He's heroic OK

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:55 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
summerblues wrote:
djlovesyou wrote:They seem to treat him like he's a family member/boyfriend or something, so anything negative about him is always taken personally.

It's a bit weird if you ask me,
Maybe something about his chocolate eyes and caramel skin makes them go all of a dither.
Look, not all Nadal fans are the same.
I would be a fan of Rafa even if he had no muscles, had purple skin or whatever.
I don't know about Woofie, but I know about me.

Federer fan's don't get accused of treating him like a family member or boyfriend when they defend him against negative comments or admire his forehand or dismiss wild accusations that he may be taking drugs. Same as fans of other players don't get accused of such things. Only Rafa fans. Funny that isn't it.

Why do any of us care why one millionaire tennis player should win rather than another. I don't know "Woofie" either but I take it he/she is a Nadal fan. Whatever Woofies reasons for being a fan is as valid as any. Is it only female fans that are accused of being fans for the "wrong" reasons?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

again..... it was a throwaway flippant remark, like many of my comments are over on the golf forum, I can't be held responsible for the over-reaction of someone with domestic issues or one-eyed Nadal fans who can't bear to have a bad word spoken abour their diety or those who take the ramblings of everyone on an internet forum literally.

If you lot admit you take yourself too seriously and have your offenco-meter turned up to 11 then I might admit I stepped over the mark.

Anyway, Nadal out of Australia due to stomach virus, well there's been a lot of it about, gives his glass knee extra time to recover and avoids him injuring it on a brutal surface on which he hasn't a chance of being up to pace on. Is there any more to the story than that?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue 01 Jan 2013, 6:59 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Well of course. He's heroic OK
A hero with chocolate eyes and caramel skin. What more can we ask for? Wink

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:06 pm

hawkeye wrote:Is it only female fans that are accused of being fans for the "wrong" reasons?
Oh dear, I never said anything about wrong. I think fans can root for players for whatever reasons they want. My comment was not quite serious, and I am not sure Wooffie was serious either, but even if she does like him for his chocolate/caramel combo, there is nothing "wrong" with that.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:13 pm

I think it's a lot easier for a guy to say they're a big fan of Maria Kirilenko and not have to put up a facade that it's all about her inside-out forehand.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:20 pm

djlovesyou wrote:I think it's a lot easier for a guy to say they're a big fan of Maria Kirilenko and not have to put up a facade that it's all about her inside-out forehand.
LOL

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:21 pm

In fairness, I give credit to the Nadal fans for being the most appeasing and colorful group of fans. forums wouldn't be just as much fun without them..... Smile
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 7:23 pm

Rolling Eyes

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:07 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Anyway, where were we before this loony-bin came on?
Ah yes, LuvSports had made a good point:

LuvSports! wrote:Number of things i want to point out there imbl.

you can flush epo out much quicker than that with the help of saline masking it. Armstrong i believe was the first to do so, i mean if it took that long he would have been caught. Also through microdoses many dopers can beat the system with having levels just under the 50 mark (E.g. USPT).
Also you can't completely flush out EPO as it is naturally produced by the kidney and liver.

rujano said he had mono but that his been called into question after he pulled out of the giro.
Good research about EPO, if it takes even less than 24 hours to get out of the system, then testing might be ineffective.
As for Rujano, perhaps he had mono due to EPO usage? For a cyclist that would mean you would have to pull out of the event, so it makes sense.

Not research anymore bud, its ingrained in my memory all this cycling stuff for uni work!
Lance was warned 20 minutes before the testers came so he had a minuscule amount of time.
I don't buy his story in the slightest, i remember seeing it a few months back on cycling news, he pulled out near the END of the giro and dr's i think said there were traces of mono but it was deemed an unsatisfactory excuse by a dr who i can't remember.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:21 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:LuvSports, I know you follow cycling, can you research if there were many cases of mono in the 60s and 70s?
I know right now in the past decade there have been many cases of cyclists having mono, but perhaps there always was?

DJloves you, my link for that was from WADA: http://www.wada-ama.org/en/resources/q-and-a/blood-doping/

I doubt they would lie.

sorry bud only just saw this, i'll see what i can find later.

You say that but WADA are far from perfect!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

EPO was supposedly introduced to cycling the 1990 so I don't know about mono before that

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 01 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

Apparently in 2008 it was reported in the French company: 'Tennis Magazine' that Roger Federer tested positive for EPO in USO 2008.
However the article is not on the site (apparently its been taken down).

http://forums.france2.fr/sport/tennis/controle-federer-positif-sujet_20510_1.htm

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:44 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Apparently in 2008 it was reported in the French company: 'Tennis Magazine' that Roger Federer tested positive for EPO in USO 2008.
However the article on that site has been taken down.

http://forums.france2.fr/sport/tennis/controle-federer-positif-sujet_20510_1.htm

Hmmm, in that case the reference don't count, if that was true why not search for google and try find some factual links thumbsup

Btw is this the record breaking thread in Tennis section so far for V2? coz I see 7 pages consisting more than 300 replies for a single thread, considering the off season stats of the past this is a record breaking thread. Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:54 pm

More speculation on Rafa's absence by Bodo ... http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/12/one-title-many-pain/45807/#.UONX3nwgGK0

Fairly in line with my thinking...that Nadal never had any intention of returning to tour on HC. Plus AO tends to be an unfortunate experience for him...injuries vs Ferrer then Murray...marathons vs Verdaso, Federer and Djokovic that perhaps caused knee problems thereafter...anyone remember Rotterdam 09? Those slow AO HCs tend to spell trouble for him. Wouldn't surprise me if Nadal never went down under again...just skips straight to clay.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:33 pm

It's a very long way to go to get beaten in the first or second round, which given the length of his absence and lack of match practice would surely be likely. Much as I dislike the man, probably a very good decision.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

It would depend on how practiced he is, but even then i'd think a quarterfinal would be the most optimistic outcome, he wouldn't beat a top 8 man right now on a hardcourt, round 4 would have depended on the top 16 player he got.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 01 Jan 2013, 10:51 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:

Btw is this the record breaking thread in Tennis section so far for V2? coz I see 7 pages consisting more than 300 replies for a single thread, considering the off season stats of the past this is a record breaking thread. Very Happy

Ha ha! Just wait until Acapulco starts...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:12 am

Come on Amri/IMBL, you are just trying to throw mud at Roger here. You shouldn't be posting something on a forum on a foreign language if you can't link it back to an original source. It could easily be a lie, wind up, or confusion of some sort.

Just saying you are looking at a hypothetical scenario and picking Roger to say you could make a case against any player doesn't wash for me.

I don't believe this stuff about how Rafa wouldn't be able to make much of a dent in the AO draw because of a lack of form. As long as he wasn't injured, or totally unfit, he would be able to play his way into form during the tournament. I actually believed that had he been 90%+ fit and played he would quite likely have reached about the quarter or semi final. For sure Djokovic would have been favourite against him and probably Murray too, but no-one else.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:20 am

HB, I don't believe Roger is guilty of doping, I think I've said this before.
There was a link from a French forum which said apparently Roger had been positively tested for EPO in 2008 USO; but are they trustworthy?

I personally don't think so, I'll only ever believe Roger is doping if the ITF say he's failed a drugs test.
Before that, there are only suspicions (look at my 9 points), and rumours (ie the forum I linked it to). If I took that information to court I would be laughed off, I don't have any concrete evidence at all.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:26 am

HB, if you want to see anything relatively solid, see my post @ 2:54pm on Page 6.

I've read more on that French forum and they all seem very paranoid. I wouldn't actually say I find them trustworthy they are too paranoid about everything.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:28 am

If Nadal had played AO I think he would have reached Round 3/Round 4 max.
Maybe Im a sceptic.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:07 am

It Must Be Love wrote:If Nadal had played AO I think he would have reached Round 3/Round 4 max.
Maybe Im a sceptic.

Way too sceptic indeed, come on he is a multiple Grandslam winner and just out of the game for like 6 months and you expect him to bow out by 2nd 3rd round picard , generally Roger/Rafa/Nole/Murray get easy passage in the first few rounds compared to other seeds, Rosol on paper was way to an easy draw it just was a shocker of a performance on the given day.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 2:57 am

Perhaps I am too anti-Nadal then Smile

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 8:33 am

It Must Be Love wrote:SR, you wrote a post which was distasteful at best, implying that you wished Nadal received an injury so that it ended his career.
Caledonian Craig pointed out that even at football grounds fans wouldn't stoop so 'low' as you just did there, even the most hardcore hooligan football fans would think twice before wishing something like that on another human being.
So not surprising that some people were appalled, and considering the mental state HN is in with her husband, I totally understand her aghast reactions.

People make crude generalisations against Nadal fans, but the truth is they respond angrily only after either prolonged player bashing, or something that wishes illness/injury/ death on him.
Federer fans are a bit different, they vary. Some do not mind whatever criticism comes their way, while others get furious if we don't constantly praise him. Once Lydian hinted that Federer may har benefitted due to Nadals injury, and one Federer fan went crazy and responded with a 700 word rant.

I, SR/CommonSense, wish to clarify the potentially misleading id of “SR” in your post, amri.

Just in case you thought so, simple-realist is not me, the SR from OTF and Bleacher
Report and the CommonSense here at V2.

Amri, if you are more honest and less vengeful; you’d distinguish that simple-realist’s
initials are sr, not SR. I hope that you’re not purposefully making up SR to
stand for simple-realist because you’re convinced that I’m simple-realist. I’m
not. I wish you’d given me the benefit of doubt and demonstrated some sense of
decency to ask me first, if simple-realist was me, before you attempted to misrepresent SR=simple-realist
as fact.

Besides, please get over this: no one needs to wish nadal any harm. It’s as clear as daylight
he’s already done all the harm to himself; the guy is nearly finished digging his
own grave. Sorry, when the truth is really ugly, there just isn’t a nice way to
tell it. Of course, you’ve every right to your own interpretation. But even an
idiot knows that a mere stomach virus doesn’t hold any healthy young man back
from anything for as long as 3 three weeks. That’s just a REALLY STUPID excuse.
How can you expect people not to speculate if ALL he does is to invite speculation?

And btw, I think the real SR you have in mind and were trying to smear is the one who posted
below Anudeep B and asked if AB is amritia here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1462458-rafael-nadal-australian-open-withdrawal-raises-red-flags-about-rafas-future

That BR post to AB is the ONLY one I (SR) entered since 30 Dec. Unlike you, I don’t play
games. That’s not my style and you know that. I really envy you though. I wish I could have nothing better to do then to waste
precious time that I don’t have enough of, to defend the indefensible and to attack the unassailable.

PS: I’ve been meaning to change CommonSense to SR but just haven’t bothered taking any action as I’m not a regular here. Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 2211252749

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:02 am

IMBL and other thank you for the defence.. though you know I am having a difficult time at the moment I do not think I am acting as a "Nadal" fan I am speaking as a tennis fan. It is not an overreaction at all it is a response to an unnaceptable commernt that was made by sr And realising his booboo he is making it ten times worse by trying to wriggle out of it.. Im not a Federer fan but I would have been equally irate and disgusted that anyone could wish a seriour career ending injury on him or any other player. It says much about SR that he cannot back down. I PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT AN APOLOGY FROM HIM ANYWAY... its a measure of the person that they cannot see beyond their own feelings.., As far as Im concerned leave it guys..when someone like him has to result to insults then they have no other defence. When you fire off the back foot you have to be careful that you dont shoot yourself in it..... Sad person furious

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:03 am

And the truth is exactly? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:28 am

Don't worry, I had no intention of apologising for you misinterpreting my statement, taking it literally and subsequently taking a major over-reaction. I'm not trying to wriggle out of anything either.

Also I fail to see where I have insulted you. Take yourself and comments less seriously and you might lower that blood pressure a bit.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:35 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:IMBL and other thank you for the defence.. though you know I am having a difficult time at the moment I do not think I am acting as a "Nadal" fan I am speaking as a tennis fan. It is not an overreaction at all it is a response to an unnaceptable commernt that was made by sr And realising his booboo he is making it ten times worse by trying to wriggle out of it.. Im not a Federer fan but I would have been equally irate and disgusted that anyone could wish a seriour career ending injury on him or any other player. It says much about SR that he cannot back down. I PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT AN APOLOGY FROM HIM ANYWAY... its a measure of the person that they cannot see beyond their own feelings.., As far as Im concerned leave it guys..when someone like him has to result to insults then they have no other defence. When you fire off the back foot you have to be careful that you dont shoot yourself in it..... Sad person Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 177851

The last time I, SR/CommonSense spoke directly to was so long ago I don't even remember when it was. And suddenly you are accusing me of being another poster I've never heard of. Everyone can check poster's profile and the mods can check our data. You're despicable. And you say you're a mother of growth children. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to smear with no evidence whatsoever. I', m now challenging you to get PROOF from admin to show that I'm simple-realist. If you can't come up with the proof, HADDIE-NUFF, YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY. Let's see who's the sad person lost in her own fantasy.

Go on, now you owe me the proof for SR=simple-realist. If you can't come up with the relevant evidence, just shut your mouth. You're unfounded and PERSONAL accusation against me is an embarrassment to this forum. That's why I don't bother posting here as a regular until today, when someone else alerted me to this fiasco and I owe it to myself to clear my pseudo as SR.

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:36 am

Good then we know where we both stand... there was no misinterpretation facts are facts chum.. the verdict GUILTY.!!! censored I have nothing more to add.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:36 am

Common Sense,
Of course I didn't mix you two up!
What are you on about?

I said 'SR' instead of SuperRealist, I hope that's clear.
Just like I call Legendkiller 'LK'; and i call Haddie-Nuff 'HN'.
You don't even post here as SR, if I refer to you I will call you 'CS'. This is because your username is Common Sense.

Hope that clears it up, and apologies if I didn't make myself clear.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:40 am

CommonSense wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:IMBL and other thank you for the defence.. though you know I am having a difficult time at the moment I do not think I am acting as a "Nadal" fan I am speaking as a tennis fan. It is not an overreaction at all it is a response to an unnaceptable commernt that was made by sr And realising his booboo he is making it ten times worse by trying to wriggle out of it.. Im not a Federer fan but I would have been equally irate and disgusted that anyone could wish a seriour career ending injury on him or any other player. It says much about SR that he cannot back down. I PERSONALLY DO NOT WANT AN APOLOGY FROM HIM ANYWAY... its a measure of the person that they cannot see beyond their own feelings.., As far as Im concerned leave it guys..when someone like him has to result to insults then they have no other defence. When you fire off the back foot you have to be careful that you dont shoot yourself in it..... Sad person Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 177851

The last time I, SR/CommonSense spoke directly to was so long ago I don't even remember when it was. And suddenly you are accusing me of being another poster I've never heard of. Everyone can check poster's profile and the mods can check our data. You're despicable. And you say you're a mother of growth children. You should be ashamed of yourself trying to smear with no evidence whatsoever. I', m now challenging you to get PROOF from admin to show that I'm simple-realist. If you can't come up with the proof, HADDIE-NUFF, YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY. Let's see who's the sad person lost in her own fantasy.

Go on, now you owe me the proof for SR=simple-realist. If you can't come up with the relevant evidence, just shut your mouth. You're unfounded and PERSONAL accusation against me is an embarrassment to this forum. That's why I don't bother posting here as a regular until today, when someone else alerted me to this fiasco and I owe it to myself to clear my pseudo as SR.
CS, no one is accusing you of anything.
We're all calling Super Realist SR, as that's his initials of his username.

Anyway thanks for replying to my comment on BR (that is me btw)! I will reply now, just saw it. OK

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:43 am

Just for the record, I, super_realist am not the user CommonSense or any other nom de plume he may go under.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:43 am

by super_realist Yesterday at 8:22 am

.Apart from his tennis what exactly do people like about Nadal? He seems a pretty repulsive person on the court from what I've seen and downright miserable into the bargain.

I'll be delighted if his knee is shot permanently and we don't have to see the worst celebration in sport ever again..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lest we forget what was said.....by Super Realist I am accusing nobody else of anything. I neither have I insulted anyone... however to say that this was minterpreted is an insult to my intelligence and that of other posters.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:Good then we know where we both stand... there was no misinterpretation facts are facts chum.. the verdict GUILTY.!!! censored I have nothing more to add.

Guilty?, ha ha. Oh no, I dread to think of the sentance. I just hope if you write something I don't agree with I don't act as petulantly as you have. Good day.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:47 am

super_realist wrote:Don't worry, I had no intention of apologising for you misinterpreting my statement, taking it literally and subsequently taking a major over-reaction. I'm not trying to wriggle out of anything either.

Also I fail to see where I have insulted you. Take yourself and comments less seriously and you might lower that blood pressure a bit.

Hi Super-realist, we've never met before. Admin can verify that. I wonder why IMBL and Haddie-nuff do bother checking out the fact sbefore insisting you, super-realist is me, CommonSense/SR are one and the same? Speaking of lack of intelligence, never mind rudeness! Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456

Oh, apologies, I got your name slightly wrong, I wrote simple-realist instead of super-realist in my post to IMBL above.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:51 am

No problem CS, I post mostly on the golf boards where people don't take everything quite so literally and don't react to a flippant statement as if I just posted a dead baby through their door.
I had no idea the tennis community here was so super-sensitive. Makes The Guardian look like Mein Kampf.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:52 am

Can admin close this thread as I don't fancy another 300 pages of who is who and who said what.

It is becoming pathetic and tedious.

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:55 am

Good idea.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

It Must Be Love wrote:Common Sense,
Of course I didn't mix you two up!
What are you on about?

I said 'SR' instead of SuperRealist, I hope that's clear.
Just like I call Legendkiller 'LK'; and i call Haddie-Nuff 'HN'.
You don't even post here as SR, if I refer to you I will call you 'CS'. This is because your username is Common Sense.

Hope that clears it up, and apologies if I didn't make myself clear.

Haddie wrote this: "It says much about SR that he cannot back down". Why don't you ask her what she's on about.

OK, to be honest I don't really care about Haddie-nuff. But you & I have had some history. Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Thanks for clarifying that SR is not super-realist. Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 769663

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Jan 2013, 9:59 am

super_realist wrote:No problem CS, I post mostly on the golf boards where people don't take everything quite so literally and don't react to a flippant statement as if I just posted a dead baby through their door.
I had no idea the tennis community here was so super-sensitive. Makes The Guardian look like Mein Kampf.

Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456 Nadal out of Australian Open with stomach virus - Page 7 810156456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next