The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez

+13
aja424
John Bloody Wayne
jimmy glitter pants
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
Adam D
azania
manos de piedra
Rowley
88Chris05
Il Gialloblu
Boxtthis
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez Empty Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez

Post by Boxtthis Fri 04 Jan 2013, 4:26 pm

Some boxers should really be banned from Twitter!

A few years ago James Toney declared he could clean out the UFC by outboxing MMA fighters under their own rules, only to be pummeled by an old Randy Couture in 3 mins. Now Tyson Fury is at it. Only this time he's calling out the newly crowned, in his prime, HW champion Cain Velazquez:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/1/4/3832344/morning-report-ufc-undefeated-heavyweight-boxer-tyson-fury-challenges-cain-velasquez-mma-fight

I thought people had realised the difference between the 2 sports and the skillsets involved, and am very surprised that Fury would be so silly as to bring this up. Under MMA rules this would be the most embarrassing of mismatches.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez Empty Re: Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez

Post by Il Gialloblu Fri 04 Jan 2013, 4:38 pm

Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez Empty Re: Tyson Fury embarrassing himself by calling out UFC HW Champion Cain Velazquez

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

If we had a vault for the most stupid quotes in boxing history, then I suspect Mr Fury would need his own mini-section by the time his career is done.

Mind you, his Dad did say that Fury would have "boxed George Foreman's ears off." As well as being a greater fighter, maybe Fury is trying to prove that he's a greater nonsense talker than Big George as well?

George Foreman, opening seconds of the Roy Jones-John Ruiz fight: "The referee is the most important person inside the ring apart from the fighters tonight."
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 04 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

George Foreman, opening seconds of the Roy Jones-John Ruiz fight: "The referee is the most important person inside the ring apart from the fighters tonight."

Interviewer to Frank Bruno "Outside of boxing who has been the biggest influence on you?"

Frank "Joe Louis"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 04 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

Ah yes, good ol' Frank. Who could forget that delightful one when he was interviewed at ringside on the night of the Haye-Harrison 'fight'?

Adam Smith: "So Frank, who takes this one?"

Frank: "David Haye."

Adam Smith: "So you don't fancy Harrison at all then?"

Frank: "Well no, because I'm not gay!"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 04 Jan 2013, 5:13 pm

I dont think Fury cares much about credibility but this kind of thing is good publicity for him and opens him up to the MMA fans and the U.S. I dont think hes as good as Price but he is really starting to pull away in terms of recognition. Price could end up having to take longer, harder and more dangerous road for smaller purses while Fury gets the big bucks and opportunies galore.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:16 am

Well said manos. People criticise Fury, but the point is (and he os making it brilliantly) people are talking about him. Who outside of his front room and perhaps his bedroom knows who Price is? The guy is not a household name in his own household.

The way some of you want boxers to be like would make boxing an even more marginal sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:20 am

Good to see you back Az OK (words I never thought I would say Laugh ) and I agree - Tyson is an idiot with his comments but at least he is funny with it. David Haye is just an idiot!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:29 am

Adam D wrote:Good to see you back Az OK (words I never thought I would say Laugh ) and I agree - Tyson is an idiot with his comments but at least he is funny with it. David Haye is just an idiot!

Unless you're exceptional (which Price is far from) you will not get noticed. Say a few controversial things and your earnings and recognition increases.

I'm like that bad smell you can't get rid of thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 05 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

azania wrote:
Adam D wrote:Good to see you back Az OK (words I never thought I would say Laugh ) and I agree - Tyson is an idiot with his comments but at least he is funny with it. David Haye is just an idiot!

Unless you're exceptional (which Price is far from) you will not get noticed. Say a few controversial things and your earnings and recognition increases.

I'm like that bad smell you can't get rid of thumbsup

Nice try - but you cant fool us by squeezing the word like in there

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:42 pm

azania wrote:Well said manos. People criticise Fury, but the point is (and he os making it brilliantly) people are talking about him. Who outside of his front room and perhaps his bedroom knows who Price is? The guy is not a household name in his own household.

The way some of you want boxers to be like would make boxing an even more marginal sport.

Yep, this is a really valid point. It's just a bit cringe-worthy to see such nonsense written Fury (in semi-legible twitter gibberish). I'm all for trash talking and build up, but Fury has strayed in to ridiculous territory here.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:44 pm

Let's be realistic.....If your Dad calls you Tyson...you're hardly going to come from a family with much in the brain department are you???

He's thick......end of.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:52 pm

Well his middle name is Tyson but I find him fairly irritating and despite his mouth isn't exactly setting himself aside from Price thanks mainly to his avoidance of the liverpudlian.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:54 pm

Has that thick gormless look...though

handed down from generations of morons who no doubt went in bars either looking for trouble or looking for unlicensed fights for no money in fields..

We can't expect too much from him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:03 pm

Having watched Velasquez beat up Dos Santos I can see why Fury called him out. Cain cracked Junior on the chin in the first round and the fight would have been over if he knew how to finish a fight. Even a fighter like Fury would have cleaned Dos Santos's clock inside the next five minutes but no, Cain proceeded to drag this out for another 20 minutes and even let Dos Santos back into the fight in the last round.

All Fury's done is highlight how woefully inadequate MMA fighters are when it comes to boxing (something we already knew)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm

If we already know then he's a dumbass for telling us isn't he??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:38 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
azania wrote:Well said manos. People criticise Fury, but the point is (and he os making it brilliantly) people are talking about him. Who outside of his front room and perhaps his bedroom knows who Price is? The guy is not a household name in his own household.

Yep, this is a really valid point. It's just a bit cringe-worthy to see such nonsense written Fury (in semi-legible twitter gibberish). I'm all for trash talking and build up, but Fury has strayed in to ridiculous territory here.

Depends where you draw the line between cringe-worthy and hilarious guff.

But many boxers including Floyd, RJJ and Hop have said similar things. I dare say many more other than the more familiar ones have also. Just because its Fury it becomes cringe worthy. Cut the kid some slack. He takes punches in the head for a living. He's hardly going to come out questioning the theory of relativity.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:40 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Well his middle name is Tyson but I find him fairly irritating and despite his mouth isn't exactly setting himself aside from Price thanks mainly to his avoidance of the liverpudlian.

Price would be more anonymous were it not for Fury. After they fight, Price should donate half his purse to Fury because were it not for Fury Price would be fighting for a monthly Oyster card. And no, Fury did not duck. Neither did Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:41 pm

Think the heavyweight division is so poor.That Price doesn't need Fury.....

Think Fury needs Price more because his style sucks..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

They need each other. Fury is ahead of Price in name recognition and ranking. Price needs him more. But a fight between the pair will be huge hence they need one another. Fury via KO due to a stern gaze at Price's chin.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:45 pm

They don't need eachother...........otherwise they wouldn't be headlining shows on SKY and CH 5........

They are good quality heavyweights....not bad looking and White.....

they've got it all.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

picard

Whatever.....jackass.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:47 pm

Mods, do I have to tolerate this nonsense??

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

You're looking for things again..why are you sensitive!!

White fighters sell beter than black it's a proven fact....

Just grow up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:51 pm

Of course its a proven fact. More so in USA where such nonsense has a greater significance than in a civilised nation like this.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

So why are crying to the mods then..................

my favorite fighters are Don Curry and Larry Holmes who should have earned more than Cooney types..
Curry didn't!!

Fact is color and looks still sell which is why I'm saying they don't need to fight eachother ....

sad but true Mate...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 2:58 pm

Its a proven fact that HWs generally earn more than others. Cooney and Holmes got parity in purse. Take a guess why.

It happens more in USA where trivia like looks and ethnicity determine your earning. Hopefully it will remain in that culturally backwater nation.

Anyway, I've had enough of your goading ramblings. Take a long walk and cool down.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

Never said America was perfect...............

Not goading...You're just over sensitive........and bitter for some reason...

get over it..they aren't pleasant traits!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:03 pm

Not bitter or sensitive bubba. Just saying it as it is. But you got some serious comprehension issues. I presume you also believed Iraq had WMDs....and there's a muslim under every bed.

Anyway, have fun mate. I see why jabmachine sees you as a knob.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:05 pm

azania wrote:Not bitter or sensitive bubba. Just saying it as it is. But you got some serious comprehension issues. I presume you also believed Iraq had WMDs....and there's a muslim under every bed.

Anyway, have fun mate. I see why jabmachine sees you as a knob.

Whistle

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

A big twelve inch knob!! Cool

That's hurtful....I thought jabmachine loved me...... Cool

Cheer up Az!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:49 pm

Fury is a joke who needs to learn to shut his mouth.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 3:57 pm

And become anonymous? If boxing were to make the back pages it will take characters like Fury to get it there. Lets face it, talent is in very short supply. How many column inches does Froch make after a fight? I reckon if Fury wins a major belt he would be plastered on every back page and be invited to various chat shows.

Controversy (in his case stupidity) sells. Not everyone is a boxing buff.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:00 pm

If Fury wins a major title then it just goes to show how the awful the division is, he sure as hell won't win won on merit. His controversy sells so well he's stuck on channel 5 fighting nobodies, it's not as though he's a big name outside of boxing circles.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

Like to see evidence that fury saying stupid things... sells............

I don't buy it...

Price sells as much as Fury and he's a good boy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:02 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If Fury wins a major title then it just goes to show how the awful the division is, he sure as hell won't win won on merit. His controversy sells so well he's stuck on channel 5 fighting nobodies, it's not as though he's a big name outside of boxing circles.

I did say talent was in short supply. Its better being on C5 than on boxnation I reckon.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:04 pm

Agreed........I think Warren will have trouble when his stable comes to the same conclusion..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like to see evidence that fury saying stupid things... sells............

I don't buy it...

Boxing fans talking about him probably gives the impression he's bigger than he actually is, how often is he actually on the sports pages or any form of national media, it's exclusively boxing fans posting links to fan sites, forums and his twitter.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:17 pm

About 2 million in the red are boxnation

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:23 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like to see evidence that fury saying stupid things... sells............

I don't buy it...

Boxing fans talking about him probably gives the impression he's bigger than he actually is, how often is he actually on the sports pages or any form of national media, it's exclusively boxing fans posting links to fan sites, forums and his twitter.

Perhaps, but I reckon he still has more interest than Price.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:32 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If Fury wins a major title then it just goes to show how the awful the division is, he sure as hell won't win won on merit. His controversy sells so well he's stuck on channel 5 fighting nobodies, it's not as though he's a big name outside of boxing circles.

Just a quick question about "being stuck on channel 5" comment - why is it a bad thing?

I would have thought that having your fights on terrestrial tv would be a good thing for a boxers brand, even if it is C5!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

Everything about boxing on Channel 5 is awful, the punditry, the studio guests, the quality, it doesn't really have any good qualities.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:40 pm

"If the klitchkos r 2 much of [expletive] to fight me then I'll go & fight the MMA heavyweight champ at least he is game. Wouldn't last 2 rounds! ... Cain valasquez is a little midget on steds bring it on I'll fight. Not a man born from his mother can beat me! Contact Hennessy sports! ... I'm the new baddest man on the planet I'll smash @cainmma. Let's get it on

Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:41 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Everything about boxing on Channel 5 is awful, the punditry, the studio guests, the quality, it doesn't really have any good qualities.

Except for the viewing figures. I reckon they'd get more than BN and Sky combined.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy glitter pants Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

Fury gets plenty of attention

https://2img.net/h/i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm218/timbenj/Funnies/TysonFury.gif

jimmy glitter pants

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

Have to agree that ch 5 is amateur night.......

Still it's more exposure than Boxnation........

Price though is more marketable because he's more exciting...and has been matched better!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:12 pm

Matched better? How so? His best win is against Audley for heaven's sake.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

He's been matched with guys that make him look good and are known on the British scene.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 05 Jan 2013, 5:54 pm

Fury has fought the better opposition hence rated higher.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

But he hasn't looked as good.......

But you're right he did beat the great Chisora..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next