The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 12 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:50 am

And the 8's fixtures are out. Rovers are

Salford home.
Toronto Away.
Leeds away.
Halifax home.
London home.
Toulouse Away.
Widnes home.

Arguably the 3 worst games are first. But get a couple of wins and it should be easier.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by The Beast Wed 08 Aug 2018, 8:47 pm

Yes, 2 from the first 3 should be good. Leeds away looks tough after the travel to/from Canada however they were very ordinary on Sunday in the cup semi loss to Wire.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 09 Aug 2018, 5:30 pm

True, but we also have a week off between Toronto and Leeds for the challenge cup final. So that should help.
Not just being biased, but out of the SL clubs, ourselves have been in good for me and Salford. Look good. The other 2 just look poor, though if Widnes beat London tonight it will give them confidence
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 09 Aug 2018, 8:25 pm

Luke wrote:True, but we also have a week off between Toronto and Leeds for the challenge cup final. So that should help.
Not just being biased, but out of the SL clubs, ourselves have been in good for me and Salford. Look good. The other 2 just look poor, though if Widnes beat London tonight it will give them confidence

Ah yes, I had completely missed the week off for the final, good news.

I do agree Salford and in particular Widnes look vulnerable, if Widnes were to lose to London (I see it is 0 - 0)...scratch that they have scored 6 - 0) it would be nothing short of a disaster.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 15 Aug 2018, 9:02 am

Unlikely i know but wins for Toronto and London this week will mean serious problems for Widnes and the Robins as i expect the Red Devils to beat Widnes

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 01 Sep 2018, 11:33 am

Going today. First time since Cas away. Last time this season. Looking forward to this game. Should be a good game, expecting a close game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 01 Sep 2018, 1:38 pm

Luke wrote:Going today. First time since Cas away. Last time this season. Looking forward to this game. Should be a good game, expecting a close game.

Yes and hopefully a win which should set you nicely for the rest of the 8's and effectively erase the Salford result.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 01 Sep 2018, 6:35 pm

I really wasn't expecting that game. As Rovers win ano exciting games 38-36.
Thrilling game. Great tries, bad defence. Exciting attacking play. Both sides throwing away winning positions. Now need to lie down.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 02 Sep 2018, 8:25 am

How sweet it is.

Looking forward to see the highlights, wow.

That leaves the four on paper "easier" games Fax then London next at your place, Toulouse away and Widnes at home really is in the clubs' hands now.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 02 Sep 2018, 10:24 am

It's a really good game. Not one for the purists. But was one of those were as a fan you go through pretty much every emotion.

Yeah it's in our own hands. Hope we don't ruin it. But given that the teams above us all have to play each other. Think we should be safe.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 Sep 2018, 8:30 am

I have now seen the highlights, great entertainment. It played like both sides knew each others weak defensive points pre-game, great to watch! Fax at home today, should not really be a big problem assuming they concentrate.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 09 Sep 2018, 5:17 pm

Well got the win. But from the sound of it concentration wasn't great in the 2nd half.

The way fixtures have fallen really is a help. Should win our 2 home games (London & Widnes). The away game against Toulouse looks trick.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 09 Sep 2018, 5:43 pm

Two from three could well do the job however there is no reason from what I have seen that you can't win all. Toulouse are hugely entertaining and when all goes well could be a nightmare however they do not have a SL pack or defence, complete your sets, win the field position battle (kick/chase), win the game.

Would be handy if Salford could get a result at Leeds next week to make it more comfortable. Their cause not helped by having 2 sent off including the excellent Jackson Hastings yesterday.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 13 Sep 2018, 9:50 pm

Bad news today with Carney, Jewitt and perhaps with respect most significantly Quinlan out injured.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 13 Sep 2018, 11:07 pm

The Beast wrote:Bad news today with Carney, Jewitt and perhaps with respect most significantly Quinlan out injured.

Yeah. It's more the time. With this competition you tend to need your best players. Makes the task harder, but with everybody playing everyone else the fixture lists favours us slightly.
Quinlan's out for along time as he's done his acl, and has joined Shaw,Lawler and Addy still out.

But we have cover. And hopefully they will step up to the plate now.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 23 Sep 2018, 6:45 am

For F**** sake Rovers.
19 - 0 up after 30 mins. To then give such a bad performance we deserve to go down. Fair play Toulouse who deserved what they got, but for a SL side to turn in that performance after the start we had is disgraceful.

Only saving grace is for some reason through RFL, have put on every game next week on a different day. So by the time we play we will know exactly what we have to do. But really fear for us if we end up back in the MPG. Don't have the mental strength to see it through.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 23 Sep 2018, 7:45 am

I have just seen the results, speechless at your score from 19 - 0 up.  Could still in your hands of course, ridiculous that the final games are on different days.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 23 Sep 2018, 2:57 pm

Trouble is if by the time we play it could also be out of our hands. And to be honest if the pressures on this group of players will fold. We played poorly most games.

Agree that it's ridiculous playing the games on different days. Way to kill the tension.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 23 Sep 2018, 5:56 pm

Luke wrote:For F**** sake Rovers.
19 - 0 up after 30 mins. To then give such a bad performance we deserve to go down. Fair play Toulouse who deserved what they got, but for a SL side to turn in that performance after the start we had is disgraceful.

Only saving grace is for some reason through RFL, have put on every game next week on a different day. So by the time we play we will know exactly what we have to do. But really fear for us if we end up back in the MPG. Don't have the mental strength to see it through.
I find it extraordinary that the RFL have put on every game next week on a different day.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 28 Sep 2018, 10:02 pm

Toronto win however only by 1 point. A 13 point win v Widnes sees you safe otherwise MPG v London. I still think you will be ok, even if not safe after Sunday.

Best wishes to Shaun Lunt, hope he makes a swift and full recovery.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:35 pm

The Beast wrote:Toronto win however only by 1 point.  A 13 point win v Widnes sees you safe otherwise MPG v London.  I still think you will be ok, even if not safe after Sunday.  

At the moment you would fancy the Robins to be safe with the Broncos and Wolf Pack fighting it out in the million pound game

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 30 Sep 2018, 7:40 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Toronto win however only by 1 point.  A 13 point win v Widnes sees you safe otherwise MPG v London.  I still think you will be ok, even if not safe after Sunday.  

At the moment you would fancy the Robins to be safe with the Broncos and Wolf Pack fighting it out in the million pound game

That is how I see it yes, London confirmed in a MPG. Today's scenario is for Hull (I think anyway, I am tired!);

Win by 13+ = In SL.

Win by 12 or less = Home MPG v London

Lose by 8 or leas = Home MPG v London

Lose by +8 = Away MPG v London

Good luck today Luke.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 30 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

Yeah you got the scenario completely right.

Think we have to do it today. Mainly because after 2016 just can't face another mpg

Good luck to you also.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 30 Sep 2018, 6:16 pm

Well played, man they put you through it!!!

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 03 Oct 2018, 9:19 pm

Keinhorst, Lannon (3 years) and Hauraki (2 years) confirmed today, good signings. I believe Justin Carney is retiring, anyone else moving on?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 08 Oct 2018, 10:14 am

The Beast wrote:Keinhorst, Lannon (3 years) and Hauraki (2 years) confirmed today, good signings.  I believe Justin Carney is retiring, anyone else moving on?
Robins will need to strengthen more than just these to have a better season next season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 08 Oct 2018, 4:42 pm

The Beast wrote:Keinhorst, Lannon (3 years) and Hauraki (2 years) confirmed today, good signings.  I believe Justin Carney is retiring, anyone else moving on?

Heffernan and minns obviously left during season. Donaldson and Salter both been told they can leave.

Rumoured Moss,Scruton, kavanagh, and quite a few others. We have 10 occ.
Apparently Crooks has signed a 1 year deal. And we not far off signing Hanbury (Quinlin who's been outstanding possibly not going to play at all next season due to injury), and Binning (Salford hooker).
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 11 Oct 2018, 1:20 am

Full released list (more will probably follow)

Chris Clarkson,
Ben Kavanagh,
Danny Tickle,
Kieren Moss,
Jordan Walne,
Bradford Clavering,
Liam Salter,
James Donaldson,
Matty Marsh.

Disappointed that Kavanagh gone as he has been good whenever given the chance. I like Moss but current management don't and he's slot of competition so not going to play much. And Danny tickle has proved me wrong this season.
The others don't really care about.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 13 Oct 2018, 8:17 am

I will admit to being surprised by Kavanagh. Played well at Bradford and impressive for Scotland in last years' four nations. I have heard he may prefer part-time so a drop down to the Championship, if so I am sure there will be be plenty of offers.

Shame for Donaldson, with his spirit and how he recovered from two career threatening injuries I very much admire him albeit I will admit physically he can't compete with Hauarki of Tompkins in the back row.

I see Craig Hall and Nick Scruton (under-rated IMO) have signed for 2019, Hanbury would also be a quality signing.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 13 Oct 2018, 1:28 pm

Halifax are apparently favourites for Kavanagh. Like I said he's played very well.
Donaldson is whole hearted, gives his all. Problem is his size and his injury record. But I like him and fully hope that he gets himself fixed up with a SL club, top championship club.

Hanbury might not be coming. Apparently we quite far in negotiations with Carney staying and Dagger apparently going to be starting FB. And Blair who really has been superb in 4 years so far.
If we manage Scruton game time. Then yeah a good re-signing for the club. Hall was fantastic since returning from Leigh. Scored 14 tries and has improved. Still a talented player.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 21 Feb 2019, 5:28 am

So we have started the season okay. Won a couple, lost the one that was expected. And we apparently not really played well,which argues for a good season.
Garbut has been emense, and for the first time in years there is genuine arguments about decent backups as well.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:31 am

Luke wrote:So we have started the season okay. Won a couple, lost the one that was expected. And we apparently not really played well,which argues for a good season.
Garbut has been emense, and for the first time in years there is genuine arguments about decent backups as well.

Good to see you posting here again. I saw the derby game on TV, you look to have more strength and perhaps balance, I was slightly concerned at Atkin at Full Back and at the risk of being unfair to a player who has had an excellent career McGuire looked to me to be struggling with the pace of the game.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:36 am

Just to add I think today's game v Salford might be key and an indicator and I agree with your lost game not many will win at Warrington.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:44 am

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:So we have started the season okay. Won a couple, lost the one that was expected. And we apparently not really played well,which argues for a good season.

Good to see you posting here again.  I saw the derby game on TV, you look to have more strength and perhaps balance, I was slightly concerned at Atkin at Full Back and at the risk of being unfair to a player who has had an excellent career McGuire looked to me to be struggling with the pace of the game.
Atkin should never be in at full back. He's a HB and we have a perfectly decent FB in Dagger.
Agree about McGuire, and also think Lunt even before his problems was looking poor. But for the first time in years we actually have back ups that don't weaken the team.
Today's game will be an interesting one. Especially as our next 2 games are Cas & Wakey away. To put it mildly need a win, but think it will be a very tight game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 12 Mar 2019, 3:55 am

So after 5 games. We're pretty much were I expected us to be. And given that I don't think this is a great SL anything could happen. Finally giving Dagger a few games and he's looking good. And we have generally been playing steady. Garbut has in every game he has played out in some magnificent performances and numbers. Need to sort out the Hooker position but otherwise not doing to badly.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 12 Mar 2019, 2:30 pm

Luke wrote:So after 5 games. We're pretty much were I expected us to be. And given that I don't think this is a great SL anything could happen. Finally giving Dagger a few games and he's looking good. And we have generally been playing steady. Garbut has in every game he has played out in some magnificent performances and numbers. Need to sort out the Hooker position but otherwise not doing to badly.
I thought is was a very good win for Rovers against Wakey on Sunday

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 13 Mar 2019, 2:54 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:So after 5 games. We're pretty much were I expected us to be. And given that I don't think this is a great SL anything could happen. Finally giving Dagger a few games and he's looking good. And we have generally been playing steady. Garbut has in every game he has played out in some magnificent performances and numbers. Need to sort out the Hooker position but otherwise not doing to badly.
I thought is was a very good win for Rovers against Wakey on Sunday

It was George. Made up for the week before when we threw away a 14 point lead to lose to Salford.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 18 Mar 2019, 7:27 pm

Another poor defeat, throwing away a winning position. And like last season doing it tough with regards to injuries.
But questionable interchanges and team not helping. Atkin should be on for longer than 20 minutes.and some players should be glad with the injuries otherwise they wouldn't be getting games. McGuire going a season to long.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Mar 2019, 11:53 am

Two tough results but yes a great win v Wakey. I am not massively surprised that they lost at Huddersfield who are finding some confidence but I did not expect that scoreline. Hopefully a reaction next week for Saints.

McGuire as I previously mentioned has had an excellent career but his legs to me look like they have gone. I don't want to be unkind but I would not be too surprised if he doesn't make it to the end of season.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 25 Mar 2019, 8:47 pm

Was there Friday for my 1st game if the season. Absolutely rubbish. I know we are doing it tough with injuries, and only had 1 available prop.
But watching us attack is painful, to slow, to much one man stuff. To much trying to break them down the middle, which is never going to work. And a really strange attitude (like after they scored there 1st heads started going down why?).
Defensively we have never been good, but it's worse this year, allowing to many easy yards, to many offloads out the tackle. That's if we don't miss the tackle.

Watching McGuire is actually quite sad, watching a great player going on to long. He should have retired a couple if years ago after winning mom in the gf.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 27 Mar 2019, 12:01 pm

Luke wrote:Was there Friday for my 1st game if the season. Absolutely rubbish. I know we are doing it tough with injuries, and only had 1 available prop.
But watching us attack is painful, to slow, to much one man stuff. To much trying to break them down the middle, which is never going to work. And a really strange attitude (like after they scored there 1st heads started going down why?).
Defensively we have never been good, but it's worse this year, allowing to many easy yards, to many offloads out the tackle. That's if we don't miss the tackle.

Watching McGuire is actually quite sad, watching a great player going on to long. He should have retired a couple if years ago after winning mom in the gf.
Some Leeds fans are saying they would like McGuire back. Make of that what you want

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:49 pm

Luke wrote:Was there Friday for my 1st game if the season. Absolutely rubbish. I know we are doing it tough with injuries, and only had 1 available prop.

I must admit whilst I was aware of an injury problem I had not appreciated that you only had one prop, so that was always going to be pretty well mission impossible. I suspect with players back however that you will be ok, granted possibly a rough ride until then.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 28 Mar 2019, 1:58 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:

Some Leeds fans are saying they would like McGuire back. Make of that what you want

Again I do not want to be disrespectful to a player with an outstanding record however I can only assume those fans have not seen any KR games this season or need glasses. As mentioned previously I saw the opening game (Hull FC), he looked very heavy legged almost like he was playing his second game of the day. Not good to see if they have not already clocked on teams will be running at his defensive channel all day.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 29 Mar 2019, 12:00 am

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Again I do not want to be disrespectful to a player with an outstanding record however I can only assume those fans have not seen any KR games this season or need glasses.  As mentioned previously I saw the opening game (Hull FC), he looked very heavy legged almost like he was playing his second game of the day. Not good to see if they have not already clocked on teams will be running at his defensive channel all day.
Perhaps some have changed their minds after the win over Castleford Very Happy

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 03 Apr 2019, 6:38 pm

Not the result but by all accounts a much improved performance v Saints.

Important game tomorrow v Leeds, hopefully you will get the win.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 05 Apr 2019, 3:28 pm

And we did.
Big win, in typical Rovers style. Play well 1st half, then take our foot of the pedal. But with injuries coming back and players stepping up we are being to look a decent outfit.
Hopefully we take the challenge cup seriously, and then Easter.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 06 Apr 2019, 11:33 am

Luke wrote:And we did.
Big win, in typical Rovers style. Play well 1st half, then take our foot of the pedal. But with injuries coming back and players stepping up we are being to look a decent outfit.
Hopefully we take the challenge cup seriously, and then Easter.

I saw the game which was very entertaining. You dominated for......60 - 65 minutes with that strange wobble in the middle where some panic seemed to set in. OK Leeds' goal-line defense is soft but there was some very good rugby played and I liked how direct they were. McGuire looked 100% better than the previous occasion I saw him, hopefully he can meet those levels every week. One issue struck me was Vaivai who keeps jumping out the defensive line and got burned at least twice, if I noticed other teams will I sure have taken note.

I was hoping for a Bulls/Leeds cup game (mainly for the revenue) however if they defend like that first half consistently we'll see them next year anyway.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 07 Apr 2019, 2:23 pm

It was McGuire's best game. But given its his last season I personally wouldn't be playing him often. Giving Atkin more time (rumours are he's leaving).
VaiVai gas been poor since signing his new contract, but at least on the wing his issues are slightly less of a concern. Personally thought it was our forwards who layed the platform. But it was a good performance, hopefully we will kick on.

As for Leeds, take out Horrall and Dwyer they were really poor, defensively they looked average as did attacking wise. And take out 2017, they've been down there for 3 out if 4 seasons.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 16 Apr 2019, 7:51 am

Luke wrote:It was McGuire's best game. But given its his last season I personally wouldn't be playing him often. Giving Atkin more time (rumours are he's leaving).
VaiVai gas been poor since signing his new contract, but at least on the wing his issues are slightly less of a concern. Personally thought it was our forwards who layed the platform. But it was a good performance, hopefully we will kick on.

As for Leeds, take out Horrall and Dwyer they were really poor, defensively they looked average as did attacking wise. And take out 2017, they've been down there for 3 out if 4 seasons.
It could be a close thing between London and Leeds as to who gets relegated.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 21 Apr 2019, 4:23 pm

London have started well however I see them as favourite for the drop.

I saw the first half of the derby match. I thought KR were slightly unlucky to trail 18 - 6 at H/T. I was genuinely surprised to see the final score later, looked like a hard fought close game.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next