The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

+5
Steel
Ozzy3213
Pal Joey
davidl1061
Kenny
9 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 18 Empty The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Fri 18 Jan 2013, 1:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

The title of the thread says it all.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by Luke Sat 14 Aug 2021, 1:02 am

A great day for Rovers.

1st Neil Hudgell takes the club of the market after deciding to stay on as chairman.  Which is excellent news in my opinion, after all he's done for the club it's good he's got his appetite for the game back.

Then we beat Wigan, after a blistering start,  Wigan did fight back. But I always thought that Rovers had to much. Brilliant play for Litten's try from the kick off. And a good all round performance,  and good to see Ryan back after injury.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Hull Kingston Rovers Thread

Post by The Beast Sat 14 Aug 2021, 9:21 am

Good times for KR fans for sure. 5th in the table, playing some genuinely good to watch rugby in the process.

Great news Re; Hudgell.

Fully deserved IMO, it would have been easy to skip a week when the Saints game was called off. No, on a plane to play Catalans, NO-ONE is going to accuse KR of conveniently missing games, outstanding.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 14 Aug 2021, 5:50 pm

Rowan Milnes has extended his contract till 2025.
Great, playing well and has a future ahead of him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 16 Aug 2021, 1:07 pm

And Matty Storton extends his contract. Again great news, he's been excellent and in my opinion on could be as good as Mulhern. 

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS 

HB - Rowan Milnes 4 years.
HKR- Jez Litten 4 years
HB - Jordan Abdull 3 years
FRWRD - Matty Storton 3 years
FRWRD - Luis Johnson 2 years.
BACK - Ethan Ryan 2 years.
BACK - Shaun Kenny-Dowall 1 year.
FRWRD - Kane Linnett 1 year.
HKR - Matt Parcell 1 year

NEW SIGNINGS 

FB - Lachlan Coote from St Helens 2 years.
FRWRD - Frankie Halton from Featherstone 2 years.
FRWRD - Tom Garrett from Dewsbury 2 years.
BACK - Phoniex Laulu-Togaga'e from Keighley 2 year.
UTILTY- Sam Wood from Huddersfield 1 year I think. 

Building an exciting squad, tying players to long term contracts, playing good rugby.
I've not been used to this since Justin Morgan, feels strange.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 18 Aug 2021, 7:16 pm

In disappointing news, John Bastion is leaving the club and joining Leeds. He's been fantastic in a very trying time, and I wish him the best.

Stepping up is Jason Netherton, and Ben Lazenby is joining as his assistant.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Aug 2021, 8:19 am

A narrow loss in the derby and no consolation but a great game, felt like a cup final. I hope Rowan Milnes does not get too much stick for the missed drop goals as IMO he has come on in leaps and bounds since the move to KR.

Overall I think those missing players (Dean Headley, Minchella, Quinlan, Abdul) and Connor/Shaul back for them made the difference.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Aug 2021, 5:39 pm

Before I forget, disappointed for KR that John Bastian has left (Leeds).

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 24 Aug 2021, 2:31 am

The Beast wrote:A narrow loss in the derby and no consolation but a great game, felt like a cup final.  I hope Rowan Milnes does not get too much stick for the missed drop goals as IMO he has come on in leaps and bounds since the move to KR.

Overall I think those missing players (Dean Headley, Minchella, Quinlan, Abdul) and Connor/Shaul back for them made the difference.
Agree, fantastic atmosphere, great game. Disappointed to lose, but felt Hull were slightly better. They made yards after the hits, and Connor was a difference in attack especially. 

As for Rowan, he's been brilliant this year,  and his try which he made out of nothing showed how much he's come on this year. So don't expect any stick really. He will hopefully be one of the players we build the side around for years to come. 
Also thought Minkin did well, Parcell was excellent. 

Now for 3 games In 9 days, so expect a few changes. 

Whatever happens the rest of this season, it's been a good season, and with the re signings and New signings hopefully the start of a good period for the club.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 01 Sep 2021, 1:31 pm

Well the last couple of games have been very disappointing.  2 defeats, shipping A lot of tries (and quite a few soft ones).
The good thing is that no one at the bottom of the play offs seem to want to make them there's and are all losing.
Magic weekend, Hopefully a win against Leigh will put us back on track, especially as Hull and Leeds play each other.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 04 Sep 2021, 9:55 am

Disappointed to see the Huddersfield result. With FC and Leeds losing and Leigh this weekend I saw the door opening for a play-off space. Still not impossible and I am very much enjoying the style of attacking play i.e. less structured.

As you have said however on the whole a good season to date.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Sep 2021, 4:54 pm

Rovers have added another forward aft2r signing Greg Richards from London on a 1 year deal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm

Rovers have revealed there new club crest (it's supposed to be 3 Robins).

And it is, well crap really.
,I know all the arguments for, and the fact Hull have the same badge as the old one. But I honestly feel that no club should ever change there badge (it's part of the tradition, and well make up of the club. And to me should be something that you hold onto whilst you can change all other stuff. But this one just looks, Poopie .
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 11 Sep 2021, 11:40 am

In surprising news,
Jimmy Keinhorst has extended his contract for another year.
Not saying he's not played well the last couple of games, but considering where he's been the rest of the season, and the players we've got for his position it's a suprise.  Though I do like him
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 11 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Luke wrote:Rovers have revealed there new club crest (it's supposed to be 3 Robins).

And it is, well crap really.
,I know all the arguments for, and the fact Hull have the same badge as the old one. But I honestly feel that no club should ever change there badge (it's part of the tradition, and well make up of the club. And to me should be something that you hold onto whilst you can change all other stuff. But this one just looks, Poopie .

IMHO close up it looks good, from a distance admittedly more like a school project and does seem a strange decision from a club pretty clearly going in the right direction.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 11 Sep 2021, 7:21 pm

Luke wrote:In surprising news,
Jimmy Keinhorst has extended his contract for another year.
Not saying he's not played well the last couple of games, but considering where he's been the rest of the season, and the players we've got for his position it's a suprise.  Though I do like him

Looks to me like another "Moneyball" type piece of business. Keinhorst won't let anyone down and one of the better "utility" players who can cover various positions more than competently.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 11 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm

I do hope you get the win tonight (Cas). KR have played some of the most entertaining rugby I have seen this year and deserve to make the play-offs.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 13 Sep 2021, 3:43 pm

It was a solid win, and one we needed after the last few games. 
Kane Linnett fully deserves player of the year in my opinion.

Sets the final round up this week nicely, as Rovers are at Leeds on Fri. If Car beat Warrington on Thurs, then it's a straight winner gets play off place. If they lose then both Rovers and Leeds qualify, and it's just to sort out 5th or 6th place.

Beast, I fully agree about Keinhorst and your points, the reason I feel it's a suprise us because a) he was hardly featured in the squad till a couple of weeks ago, b) Ben Crooks has been offered a contract yet. That's why, but I really like Keinhorst and feel he should have played more games for Rovers.
A back line of Coote,  Crooks/Ryan, Takairangi, Keinhorst,  Hall. Is a decent one.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 13 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

I was wrong. 
Ben Crooks HAS signed a 1 year extension for next year, not suprised.

And Greg Minikin will be leaving the club at the end of this season and joining Warrington. 
Never really got going due to injuries and covid. But has looked good recently, I wish him well.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 15 Sep 2021, 1:18 pm

Rovers have extended Wil Dagger's contract for another 2 years. 

This is an interesting one, whilst there's no doubting his talent and ability. He's been at the club 4 years, and has made a handful of apperances. And given we've signed Lachlan Coote in his preferred position. It's hard to see him adding many more.
Whilst it's great to see him signed up, and with his ability a good signing. 
I just sort of feel he needed to leave and ferment himself as a number 1 full back to futher himself.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 16 Sep 2021, 11:33 pm

2 bits of good news.

1st Ryan Hall has extended his contract by a year till 2023, he's been brilliant this year and I was wrong at the start when I doubted him.

And 2nd Castleford lost tonight, meaning Rovers are in the play offs. And tomorrow's game is now about 5/6th place.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 18 Sep 2021, 2:25 pm

Another departure, as Joe Keyes leaves to join Halifax.

Talented player, but has been beset by injuries since joining, and since we have Milnes, Abdull and Lewis all well ahead of him and on long term contracts. Makes sense all round.
Good luck to him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 19 Sep 2021, 5:15 pm

Congratulations to KR for the playoffs well earnt IMO. Tough game next week but it is a free hit, why not.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 19 Sep 2021, 5:22 pm

Luke wrote:Another departure, as Joe Keyes leaves to join Halifax.

Talented player, but has been beset by injuries since joining,  and since we have Milnes, Abdull and Lewis all well ahead of him and on long term contracts.  Makes sense all round.
Good luck to him.

Shame for Keyes but probably the right decision and certainly better than being loaned around different clubs.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 22 Sep 2021, 1:41 am

And forward Wil Maher has signed an extended contract for next year.

Going to have a lot of props, and a lot out of contract next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 24 Sep 2021, 9:36 pm

"When the red, red robin comes bob, bob bobbin along".

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 29 Sep 2021, 11:07 am

Brilliant performance. Outstanding defence, and took the few chances we had. Really gutsy and with the guys we had out fantastic.

Tomorrow's a free hit, and whatever happens couldn't be anymore prouder of the lads.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 02 Oct 2021, 8:36 am

A loss in France but nothing really lost. A great season given some relegation predictions by some pundits. Quality coming in next year e.g. Lachlan Coote and I think Frankie Halton will be a very astute signing. Plenty to be cheerful about which is good given recent current affairs i.e. fuel, food, gas etc.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 05 Oct 2021, 2:46 pm

They looked what they were, a tired, depleted team. But even in the loss gave a fairly good account of themselves. And Catalans have been brilliant this year, so like you say the loss while disappointing, isn't that bad.
And with lots to look forward to.

Owen Harrison has left the club and joined Dewsbury, never really given a chance, and with the forwards we already have, and have signed was never going to get playing time. So a good move for him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 11 Oct 2021, 6:07 pm

All 3 assistant coaches (David Hodgson, Stanley Gene and Danny McGuire) have agreed contract extensions and will be at the club next year.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 26 Oct 2021, 3:26 am

George king has signed a contract extension till 2025.

Fully deserved, had a great season last year, and hopefully his form will continue.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 02 Nov 2021, 2:47 pm

Rovers have released next years home kit. And there's a lot going on wi5h it.

It's predominantly red, with a blue collar, a blue band at the end of the sleeves. And at the bottom of the shirt,a white band,a red band,a thick blue band, a red band, a white band, then finally back to red. Oh and about 6 sponsors on it (way to much, so much better when shirts only had one main sponsor).

The actual shirt I quite like, and it's good to see them trying something different.
The problem to me is the main sponsor design. It just looks weird and takes away from the main shirt.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 03 Nov 2021, 7:38 pm

Luke wrote:George king has signed a contract extension till 2025.

Fully deserved, had a great season last year, and hopefully his form will continue.

Very good business IMO. Very underrated player.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 12 Nov 2021, 4:53 am

Rovers have announced that they are to play 2 pre season games.

Away at Dewsbury, and at home to Huddersfield. And are going to Tenerife for some warm weather training .

The Dewsbury game I like, away at a championship club,who may get a bit of crowd and a good test. Don't like the Huddersfield as already playing them at least twice.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 15 Nov 2021, 1:13 pm

Mikey Lewis has signed a new contract till 2025.

Great news, had a good first year last season, if he continues we can build the side around him for years to come.

And the away kit will be in Yellow and Blue, the cities colours to celebrate 140 years of being associated with the City.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 21 Nov 2021, 4:26 pm

Anesu Mudoti Has left the club and joined Keighley on a 2 year deal.

Good luck to him, never let anyone down but was never really going to get a chance. And this is without doubt a good move for him, and hopefully his career will take of as he has the talent.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 22 Nov 2021, 3:58 pm

Rovers away kit has been released.

It's yellow, with a Blue collar and a blue diagonal band. And lots of imprints to do with the City of Hull.
It's smart.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Dec 2021, 8:36 pm

2022 fixture list announced, Rovers are. The ones with an *are on sky. Sadly c4 don't have us on any yet.

RD1 - Fri 11th Feb - Wigan Home. *
RD2 - Sat 19th Feb - Huddersfield Away.
RD3 - Fri 25th Feb - Castleford Home. *
RD4 - Sun 6th March - St Helens Home.
RD5 - Fri 11th March - Salford Away.
RD6 - Fri 18th March - Catalans Away.
RD7 - Fri 1sr April - Warrington Home.
RD8 - Good Fri 15th April - Hull FC Home. *
RD9 - Bnk Holi Mon 17th April - Toulouse Away.
RD10 - Sat 23rd April - Wakefield Home.
RD11 - Fri 29th April - Leeds Away.
RD12 - Sun 15th May - Castleford Away.
RD13 - Sun 22nd May - Catalans Home.
RD14 - Sun 5th June - Salford Home.
RD15 - Sun 12th June - St Helens Away.
RD16 - Sun 26th June - Huddersfield Home.
RD17 - Sat 2nd July - Toulouse Away.
RD18 - Sun 10th July - Magic weekend- Hull FC neutral. *
RD19 - Sun 17th July - Wakefield Home.
RD20 - Fri 22nd July - Warrington Away.
RD21 - Fri 19th July - Wigan Away.
RD22 - Sun 7th Aug - Toulouse Home.
RD23 - Sun 14th Aug - Leeds Home.
RD24 - Fri 19th Aug - St Helens Away.
RD25 - Thurs 25th Aug - Wakefield Away.
RD26 - Bnk Hol Mon 29th Aug - Wigan Home.
RD27 - Sat 3rd Sept - Hull FC Away.

Now obviously these games aren't set in stone and the tv companies can change them.

Also just a quick gripe, now I hate look fixtures anyway. But don't quite understand how we play Toulouse twice away, and Wakefield twice at home before the reverse. Surely a h,a,h would work better.

And a side note, 3 trips to France, Magic and other posiibles (Wembley and Old Trafford please😉). Expensive season for Rovers.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Dec 2021, 9:07 pm

Squad Numbers have been announced. Anyone who's contract isn't up at the end of the year (by my memory, so probably a few who arent), I've put the year they are up by.

1 - Lachlan Coote. (2023)
2 - Ben Crooks.
3 - Brad Takairangi.
4 - Shaun Kenny-Dowall.
5 - Ryan Hall. (2023)
7 - Jordan Abdull. (2024)
8 - Albert Vete.
9 - Matt Parcell.
10 - George King. (2025)
11 - Dean Hadley.
12 - Kane Linnett.
13 - Matty Storton. (2024)
14 - Jez Litten. (2025)
15 - Luis Johnson (2023)
16 - Korbin Sims.
17 - Elliot Minchella.
18 - Jimmy Keinhorst.
19 - Will Dagger. (2023)
20 - Mikey Lewis. (2025)
21 - Rowan Milnes. (2025)
22 - Will Maher.
23 - Ethan Ryan. (2023)
24 - Sam Wood.
25 - Greg Richards.
26 - Tom Garrett. (2023)
27 - Frankie Halton. (2023)
28 - Will Tate.
29 - Phoniex Laulu Togaga'e (2023)
30 - Charlie Cavanaugh.
31 - Connor Moore.
32 - Daniel Okoro.
33 - Max Kirkbright.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 10 Feb 2022, 4:06 pm

Rovers duel registration partners for this year are Dewsbury, for who Elliott Minchella will be playing his 1st game for about a year for this weekend.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 8:13 am

Tony Smith wants the Robins to be entertaining but there has to be a balance between entertaining and winning, but no doubt in my mind he will get the balance right
https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-league/60327900

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 12 Feb 2022, 9:26 pm

Well not really sure what to make of last night.

We dominated possession, but did absolutely nothing with it. Looked lost, ran into our own players and offloads and passes not working. Without doing enough of the hard yards to allow us to play.
Defensively the right side looked weak, but Wigan did show invention and clinical finishing to fully deserve the win.

No need to worry as only first game, but I personally think we need to play Ryan and Minchella in, and use Wood of the bench.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:11 am

Luke wrote:Well not really sure what to make of last night.

We dominated possession,  but did absolutely nothing with it. Looked lost, ran into our own players and offloads and passes not working. Without doing enough of the hard yards to allow us to play.
Defensively the right side looked weak, but Wigan did show invention and clinical finishing to fully deserve the win.

No need to worry as only first game, but I personally think we need to play Ryan and Minchella in, and use Wood of the bench.
You will see a much improved Robins side next time out

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 26 Mar 2022, 6:46 pm

So got to my 1st game of the season. In what was a strange game, Leigh in the 1st half played okay, than Rovers decided to turn up for 20 minutes storming into the lead. And when they scored first in and half, seemed like game over. Even Leighs 1st try seemed nothing more than a consolation. And they came back with 2 excellent tries (the 2nd was excellent).

Rovers was disappointing in the 2nd half, seeming to think that it was over. And taking a stroll with one man, poor, error ridden when passing. But the win is the important, so that's what matters most.

Also no wonder Frankie Halton is being raved about, he was excellent.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 27 Mar 2022, 12:07 pm

It's the cup all that matters is the win.

Decent draw too, Cas at home, not easy at all but winnable.

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 01 Apr 2022, 7:34 pm

I think the Robins are going to have a better season than some people thought before the season started

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 03 Apr 2022, 5:34 pm

Bit of a rumour that Ethan Ryan is going back to Bradford with Ebon Scurr going the other way?

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 03 Apr 2022, 10:52 pm

It wouldnt surprise me if Ryan leaves. I like him, and think hes improved emmensley. But Hall is a guaranteed starter, and then with Crooks etc. The fact theyre playing Keinhorst on the wing in front of him says much to me.
And we seem to do well with forwards from Bradford, Minchella has been outstanding, and Storton has been very impressive.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 04 Apr 2022, 6:41 pm

I like Keinhorst but yes as a winger that is telling.

Rumours are cooling (still talk of a swap deal elsewhere including a former player) which is good as Bradford currently have 4 props out and whilst I would be happy to see Ryan back it does not make much sense as there is cover in that position.

No surprise to see Mini & Storton doing well. I recall the Storton's debut out of the academy, looked like he had been playing first team for years.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 04 Apr 2022, 11:26 pm

No, Ryan would be an excellent signing, but more for next year i feel. As you say, hes not really the player you need right now. Though him at fb, with Lilley and Patton would be fun to watch.

Personally i think Minchella has been the best signing, and would love Rovers to tie him down to a long term deal, building the pack around him. Him and Halton as a 2nd row pairing, yes please. Ir even Halton/Linnett with Minchella as LF. Storton has just been a solid no nonsense run straight and hard prop, that weve required for a few years.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 07 Apr 2022, 3:50 pm

Rovers have finally completed the deal to re-own the stadium (we sold it when in administration in the 90's), and the land surrounding the stadium.
Hopefully build another road, but it fantastic news for the club. And should put us on a financially sound footing. 1st thing being looked at is the main stand apparently.
Luke
Luke

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next