The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland - where on earth are we?

+45
dummy_half
mystiroakey
beshocked
highland_scot
Triangulation
gboycottnut
Imperialbigdave
Alex_Germany
RDW
gregortree
alexgmacdonald
Tramptastic
flyhalffactory
jimbopip
Hookisms and Hyperbole
UlstermaninGlasgow
SecretFly
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
fa0019
100%beefy
Shifty
Solid8
overlordofthewest
stub
emack2
alive555
TJ1
RubyGuby
bsando
Biltong
profitius
tigertattie
offload
lostinwales
George Carlin
kiakahaaotearoa
funnyExiledScot
Pat_Mustard
damage_13
NeilyBroon
21st Century Schizoid Man
R!skysports
49 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Scotland - where on earth are we? - Page 4 Empty Scotland - where on earth are we?

Post by R!skysports Wed 20 Feb 2013, 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

The big debate for the last 10 years for most Scottish fans have been around a young promising team growing into a good squad and whether we have reach or even turned a corner

Every year we have a stand out result, Ireland away, South Africa, Australia home and away, and unbeaten summer tour, winning the series in Argentina and we feel there is light at the end of the tunnel. We have players arriving who could be the one that makes us click (Visser, Hogg, Gray, Jackson, Weir, de Luca)

But with each step forward there is often a quick jig backwards (Tonga, 6 nations whitewash, Parks returns, inability to catch a ball), so where is Scotland really in the great scheme of things

Are we still looking at a false dawn or have we actually reached a corner (or at least see it in the distance).

What would be the criteria of meeting this criteria and what would allow you to enjoy watching Scotland without having a haggis running in circles in your stomach

And who in your mind is really the cure, and not part of the disease

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Scotland - where on earth are we? - Page 4 Empty Re: Scotland - where on earth are we?

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:38 pm

The way I view it, Scotland are in the latter stages of a metaphorical flu.

Whilst they're now functional, they're still working some of the virus out of their system. It's a switch from old to new that will take a while, as SJ pointed out at the beginning of the tournament what's important is that we're winning a bit now. If we can keep that consistency hopefully scotland won't regress back into a fever.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Scotland - where on earth are we? - Page 4 Empty Re: Scotland - where on earth are we?

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:43 pm

well normally flu's are gone within a week or so(all signs) so unless scotland can get over this quickly next winters flu is gonna hit them again before this one is solved..

No team is perfect.. all teams have a constant flu of sorts..We all need constant evolotion, understanding what is progress. not getting to high or to low over one performance.

Scotland are on the up.. even if they dont pick up another win in this 6n's..

but clinically depressed

france are clearly bi popular by some peoples reakonings.

england are sanity personified..

Ireland are pyschotic

Wales have the small man syndrome( kiss )

italy are under evolved. still neandathals

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:51 pm

sorry i thought i was on the wumming thread!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well normally flu's are gone within a week or so(all signs) so unless scotland can get over this quickly next winters flu is gonna hit them again before this one is solved..

No team is perfect.. all teams have a constant flu of sorts..We all need constant evolotion, understanding what is progress. not getting to high or to low over one performance.

but clinically depressed

Ireland are pyschotic

+1 clap laughing

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:01 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well normally flu's are gone within a week or so(all signs) so unless scotland can get over this quickly next winters flu is gonna hit them again before this one is solved..

but clinically depressed

Ireland are pyschotic

laughing congratulations mystir...Ruby will be proud of you (assuming he's the shrink??...one of you 606 rugby crowd is, I seem to recall that it's Ruby)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:04 pm

Yeah I think ruby is the shrink..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 06 Mar 2013, 1:12 pm

Only on very cold days and in cold water...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:26 pm

Hear ye, hear ye, the Black plague has been lifted from Murrayfield... https://www.606v2.com/t41440-edinburgh-appoint-interim-coaches-bradley-back-have-gone

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:47 pm

GLove39 wrote:Hear ye, hear ye, the Black plague has been lifted from Murrayfield... https://www.606v2.com/t41440-edinburgh-appoint-interim-coaches-bradley-back-have-gone

This is very good news!

That said Stevie Scott?

Well I guess time will tell, to be fair we thought Townsend was going to f up Glasgow and look at where they are now!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:59 pm

Let's have some professional intervention here:

Scotland are on the up.. even if they dont pick up another win in this 6n's.. Translates into Delusions of Grandeur - Lithium Please

France are clearly bi popular by some peoples reakonings - NO. - Multiple Personality Disorder - No cure see Marsha Linehan for CBT Management

England are Cyclothymic with traits of delusionary grandeur - SSRI with CBT adjunct

Ireland : Significant and severe depression as a consequence of poor attachment from an early age and chaotic and inconsistent parenting - Long term psychotherapy alongside cognitive restructring - poor outcome likely

Wales - Bi-polar - All or nothing - Lithium and Lager

Italy - Low self-esteem - 10-12 sessions of NICE recomended CBT

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm

Cool!!

Do you do CBT Ruby?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:11 pm

I do it all Mystir - I'm the boss and will assess and disseminate accordingly - Mostly medico-legal these days but have a new book out on amazon at £15.99 that sells worldwide - It has CBT in the title - I am not going to disclose any more than that thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm

I had a couple of CBT sessions yonks ago. She made me angry, it didnt work

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 06 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I had a couple of CBT sessions yonks ago. She made me angry, it didnt work

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:29 pm

You write Scotland off and god help you, they thrive as underdogs, but when Scotland talk themselves up they normally fall flat on their face and don't handle the pressure well.

Scotland seem to want to put themselves out as favorites so lets see them back it up on the pitch thumbsup
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:55 pm

Cobblers Shifty my boy - you won't find a single Scotland fan that thinks we're favourites. On the other hand, we won't be bending over for 6 of the best as we have done in recent years. If you haven't noticed, the truly dead wood has fallen away.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:02 pm

Just up a bit from Carlisle thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:07 pm

i am surprised it took 4 pages of posts before someone stated the bleedin obvious

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:12 pm

I thank you

*bows*
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Glas a du wrote:

Just up a bit from Carlisle thumbsup

Well, you say that, but you'd be amazed! If we consider maritime boundaries, the Westminster govt believes that Scotland starts just north of Dundee, so actually, its quite a bit up from Carlisle!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:20 pm

It's all the same past Lancaster...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:24 pm

boxing Feic you!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:38 pm

Nervous much Very Happy

Are you trying to out touchy the Ulstermen? chin
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:03 pm

I've checked my book of primates and I'm not sure on a biomolecular level that's even possible. Run
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:58 pm

Glas a du wrote:Nervous much Very Happy

Simply not possible, you should know that!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:13 pm

Did you see the Scrumv classic earlier? Scotland v Wales 1971. Bill McLaren had to start somewhere as well I suppose Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 07 Mar 2013, 10:41 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Nervous much Very Happy

Simply not possible, you should know that!

Oi! Cheeky! boxing Wink We are the kings of touchy! Come on no other club could have so many CRISIS moments!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 09 Mar 2013, 3:30 am

I have stopped reading the 'impartial' BBC pre-match coverage.

There's only so many times you can read about how much your team is going to get stuffed by without yawning until you give yourself cramp.

Perhaps we shouldn't show up at all and send Howley a concession letter with a fruit basket and a stripper wearing a 'Warbuton For Lions Captain' thong.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:33 am

I shouldn't worry...until Guscott says you'll win...
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:43 am

Glas - did you see that Barry John documentary last night - Strange and a little sad to say the least - he's living in a warden controlled home for the elderly thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:07 am

No I didn't. Sounds like a Greek tragedy.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:51 am

George Carlin wrote:
Perhaps we shouldn't show up at all and send Howley a concession letter with a fruit basket and a stripper wearing a 'Warbuton For Lions Captain' thong.
You have managed to implant an image of Hattie Jaques bigger sister in a thong as described by you.It would require a hefty wench to get all that writing in situ! Erm

Last edited by Taffineastbourne on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:57 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
You have managed to implant an image of Hattieg Jaques bigger sister in a thong as described by you.It would require a hefty wench to get all that writing in situ! Erm
Eeeeuw. censored
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4