The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread

+92
Hound_of_Harrow
RDSguru
LordDowlais
Taffineastbourne
Knowsit17
emack2
tatterd
allyt2k
Heaf
ChequeredJersey
BigTrevsbigmac
doctornickolas
Hookisms and Hyperbole
captain carrantuohil
Shifty
Exiledinborders
gregortree
The Bachelor
AlastairW
Geordie
sportform
mystiroakey
Looseheaded
A World Cup and 3 Finals
ironrobson21
cakeordeath
yappysnap
RuggerBoy
EnglishReign
LeinsterFan4life
Barney McGrew did it
kiakahaaotearoa
Breadvan
B91212
nathan
thebluesmancometh
nobbled
t1000advancedprototype
LondonTiger
monty junior
Cari
Duty281
munkian
Glas a du
Liam
Ifandorbut
majesticimperialman
Hood83
Manky-Flanker
Imperialbigdave
beshocked
Pat_Mustard
maestegmafia
welshy6
alexgmacdonald
jimbopip
Tramptastic
caz
Comfort
cp10
Cyril
funnyExiledScot
glamorganalun
reallybored
IanBru
wales606
MacKnocked-on
overlordofthewest
sensisball
lostinwales
George Carlin
TJ1
Morgannwg
21st Century Schizoid Man
R!skysports
GLove39
flyhalffactory
UlstermaninGlasgow
Heuer27
Tattie Scones RRN
100%beefy
Solid8
RDW
NeilyBroon
tigertattie
Captain_Sensible
RuggerRadge2611
Luckless Pedestrian
bedfordwelsh
RubyGuby
bsando
96 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread - Page 17 Empty Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread

Post by bsando Fri 01 Mar 2013, 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

SCOTLAND Braveheart vs WALES Wales

Venue: Murrayfield
Date: 9/3/13
Kick-off: 14:30
TV coverage: BBC One
Weather Forecast: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/edinburgh#?tab=fiveDay&fcTime=1362787200
Ref: Craig Joubert

SCOTLAND
1. Grant
2. Ford
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Hamilton
6. Harley
7. Brown
8. Beattie
9. Laidlaw
10. Weir
11. Visser
12. Scott
13. Lamont
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Bench: 16. Hall 17. Low 18. Cross 19. Kelock 20. Wilson 21. Prygos 22. Jackson 23. Evans

WALES
1. James
2. Hibbard
3. A. Jones
4. A. W. Jones
5. Evans
6. R. Jones
7. Warburton
8. Faletau
9. Phillips
10. Biggar
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Davies
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

16. Owens 17. Andrew 18. Mitchell 19. Coombs 20. Tipuric 21. L. Williams 22. Hook 23. S. Williams

Last edited by bsando on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 2:12 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating)

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread

Post by Breadvan Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

Confidence roger not arrogance.. Wink I'm saying nowt till tomorrow. Smile
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Scotland vs Wales: Match Thread

Post by gregortree Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

In a Tom Jones voice: "....its good, to see, the red red rose of home...." rose

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Actually I think Warbs had a decent first half - not on the floor because Wales had most of the possession in the first 20 - but he carried well and was a big part of the forward effort

WALES CANT FINISH 4TH AND CAN'T WIN A GS - IT'S A MIRACLE
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:44 pm

Barney McGrew did it wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:Wales kicked, kept the ball in their half and didn't need to play fancy attacking rugby

10 point win in Murrayfield against a form Scotland team is impressive and required a real hard graft.

I'm very happy. If Wales forwards improve by 500%, beating England will be easy.

England rarely win on Grand slam day and will play either conservatively or make many errors.

That's done it

Have the English forwards really been tested yet??

The NZ win was great but the majority of your forwards are young and inexperienced.

English fans are assuming a golden generation has arrived because of the NZ win. Dangerous over optimistic thinking.
Wales or even Italy may bring you back to reality.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:45 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Sam Warburton, Man Of the MATCH? that as to be the biggest joke of the day.

Instead of offering a nothing post (three times too), offer something constructive for a change and state who your MOTM was. It might give a slight hint that you can contribute to a discussion then. Warburton was probably the most standout player in the key part of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:46 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:
t1000advancedprototype wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:England to stuff Wales after seeing this performance Smile

It's going to be a spectacular Grandslam for the Red Rose rose

Typical English arrogance. You haven't played Italy yet and Parisse is back.

You barely beat Ireland, the France game was close. England's best rugby was second half vs Scotland.

We've plenty more in the tank. I don't think you guys have. Wales are a busted flush.

We'll smash Italy and then smash Wales (probably won't beat Wales by quite as many as we're away).

3 slams in 7 years and a shot at the title again.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

You barely beat Ireland, the France game was close. England's best rugby was second half vs Scotland.

Typical laziness.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

English fans are assuming a golden generation has arrived because of the NZ win. Dangerous over optimistic thinking.

Incorrect. Most English fans are hopeful for the future, starting to believe that SL may have a plan. We have a young team that should improve. I fully expect us to win the championship, but lose the final match. For this team that would still be an achievement.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:

We've plenty more in the tank. I don't think you guys have. Wales are a busted flush.

We'll smash Italy and then smash Wales (probably won't beat Wales by quite as many as we're away).

3 slams in 7 years and a shot at the title again.
You have no chance of the title. You've got a slight chance of an upset to deny a Grand Slam.

Isn't it 3 in 8 years?

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:Sam Warburton, Man Of the MATCH? that as to be the biggest joke of the day.

Instead of offering a nothing post (three times too), offer something constructive for a change and state who your MOTM was. It might give a slight hint that you can contribute to a discussion then. Warburton was probably the most standout player in the key part of the game.

I've already pointed out to this arrogant englishman that he was wrong in his prediction for the third time in a row. It seems if you show up his posts with facts and intelligence he doesn't have an answer.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:48 pm

morg, no wumming. This is an intelligent discussion!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:49 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Incorrect. Most English fans are hopeful for the future, starting to believe that SL may have a plan. We have a young team that should improve. I fully expect us to win the championship, but lose the final match. For this team that would still be an achievement.

No reason to expect a loss. If England want it enough they can get it.
That's why Walss didn't lose the final matches in 05, 08 or 12.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:49 pm

Oi! This ain't no England vs Wales bickering thread! You blokes have your very own thread for that, do it on there please Very Happy

Who wants Scott Johnson as coach now?

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:50 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:morg, no wumming. This is an intelligent discussion!

an intelligent web discussion?

the perfedct oxymoron.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:50 pm

bsando wrote:Oi! This ain't no England vs Wales bickering thread! You blokes have your very own thread for that, do it on there please Very Happy

I thought he gave the best post match interview I have seen in many a year.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:51 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Cyril on 606v2 wrote:morg, no wumming. This is an intelligent discussion!

an intelligent web discussion?

the perfedct oxymoron.
If you get an infinite amount of 606v2ers with an infinite amount of time we'll post something good eventually Laugh

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:51 pm

What's with all the english v welsh bickering already!

What has happened to all the Scots and the intellegent posters
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

This was one of the very few games where there was no stand out player on either side.
There doesn't have to be a MOM & this game didn't deserve one. Mostly down to the number of penalties. This meant lack of continuity & because it was tight there was little ambition either.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

Apparently Warbs had a stormer, good on him, hope it means his form is back for good
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:52 pm

wales606 wrote:What's with all the english v welsh bickering already!

We're too lazy or too arrogant to be intelligent as well.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:53 pm

wales606 wrote:What's with all the english v welsh bickering already!

Testosterone is through the roof due to next weeks match.
Fighting for bragging rights.

Wales v England bickering has been very minimal until today.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

Tough. I thought we looked strong but the ref made it difficult for us, the scrum was a total lottery. Why we don't go wide 5m from the line is beyond me? Need to have more confidence with ball in hand, didn't have enough territory or possession again.

Fair play to Wales but you rarely really threatened us, felt our defense shut your strike runners down pretty well.

Best of luck against England.

You'll need it

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

Disappointed as I expected an exciting game.

Jourbert was poor and that last scrum penalty against Scotland was plain wrong as Wales clearly went early, exactly what he had warned Scotland for, and the one in the first half when Scotland had one of their few attacking positions on the 5m line looked harsh, but the Wales scrum looked strong throughout and will be a tough test for England.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Sat 09 Mar 2013, 4:59 pm

reallybored wrote:Tough. I thought we looked strong but the ref made it difficult for us, the scrum was a total lottery. Why we don't go wide 5m from the line is beyond me? Need to have more confidence with ball in hand, didn't have enough territory or possession again.

Fair play to Wales but you rarely really threatened us, felt our defense shut your strike runners down pretty well.

Best of luck against England.

Steve Borthwicks famous last words just before half time England v Wales 2008.

"Take your time you'll need it".

Self destruct button initiated, Mike Phillips you're free to launch...

You'll need it

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

Tough old game - poor reffing didn't help the game, but for me Wales well deserved the win. Better work at the breakdown, but you also have to credit both sides defence for solid work.

Warburton was good in the second half, but not was pretty quiet in the first half. I guess he'll do as man of the match as no-one else really put their hand up.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by allyt2k Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

We really need Barcley back in and with Richie most likely being out probably go with Swinson, Forwards have to up the tempo and stop going into contact without someone on there shoulder where getting isolated far to often and slowing our own ball down trying to dig it out. Weir's got a good boot but has to play the line flatter. Jourbert was poor for both sides and really ruined the game for the fans.

allyt2k

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:09 pm

When Scotland had to chase the game they were going backwards, is this their tactic i.e., don't have the ball and they will not lose it. In fact it may be true of all the teams this year. A Poor overall game but the Welsh pack were much stronger but the dam ball did not go far beyond Biggar, very frustrating. Wales needed Hook on to change the game but both teams were negative, I expect a similar game next week.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:12 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
bsando wrote:Oi! This ain't no England vs Wales bickering thread! You blokes have your very own thread for that, do it on there please Very Happy

Yeah he's been great in the interviews, but will he bring the "W's" ? The game last week was a win and I loved it, but I didn't feel very convinced by what I saw in terms of attack. My view is Scotland have good backs and that should be their no. 1 priority, getting the ball to them. So far it's just been kick it up or kick it deep. Sure, there have been some great kicks, but kicking will only get the team so far. Scotland have become very predictable again in only 4 games. Wales had Scotland's number and put good pressure on kickers today and fought hard at the breakdown. In my view, Johnson needs to show more.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:28 pm

bsando wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Yeah he's been great in the interviews, but will he bring the "W's" ? The game last week was a win and I loved it, but I didn't feel very convinced by what I saw in terms of attack. My view is Scotland have good backs and that should be their no. 1 priority, getting the ball to them. So far it's just been kick it up or kick it deep. Sure, there have been some great kicks, but kicking will only get the team so far. Scotland have become very predictable again in only 4 games. Wales had Scotland's number and put good pressure on kickers today and fought hard at the breakdown. In my view, Johnson needs to show more.

When available I think Scotland really need to pick a 7 who is very mobile. Don't know too much about Harley but he didn't look that sort of player. Someone like Rennie I think would improve the team no end. Brown, Rennie, Beattie - but asking them to focus on their primary strengths. Not convinced by Weir, and I think the Hamilton, Gray partnership may be too samey. Biggest issue is Scotland's inability to clear out and forwards failing to work as a unit, either in driving or rucking. I genuinely think the players are there to compete with any of the 6Ns teams when all fit.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:33 pm

Stats are interesting

Warbs was Wales highest tackler
R.Jones only made 2 tackles in his 50 minutes - L.Williams made 3 in his 10minutes
Adam Jones had a massive game with 10 tackles
Roberts and Davies made a combined 9 metres
Roberts and Warbs were the only players to miss a tackle - 1 each (Roberts only made 3)
After the wingers, Biggar ran the most metres
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:53 pm

Cyril on 606v2 wrote:You have no chance of the title. You've got a slight chance of an upset to deny a Grand Slam.

Isn't it 3 in 8 years?

I agree we wont get the title its englands, but I dont think england are as good as everyone likes to think, Wales can turn them over. We have done it often enough recently, you should be more scared than us, and Italy are far more physical than Scotland you will have more bumps and bruises than us going into the game! Wink

I think we will be crying over than Ireland loss by the end of next week, also Wales might have proven that it was not all down to Gatland, we have done well without him! Very Happy
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

good to see that all the English posters have done is have a go at the ref and criticise the game in general, rather than congratulate Wales on a deserved victory. Swallow your bile chaps and be gregarious for once. Yes the game was an awful spectacle, but Wales were clearly the better team, particularly up front, and the correct result followed. Really hope we can rip the bloody wheels off your chariot next weekend and shut you up for a bit..........

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:56 pm

Two poor teams and a worse ref.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

PS I believe I predicted a big game from Sam and he duly delivered. Can't believe the people (particularly "beefy") trying to say he didn't deserve MOTM. pathetic. Sam and Tips are coming to get you next weekend Engerland......

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

We wont win the title but we may stop the GS for England.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:04 pm

What a Match,Craig Joubert is recognized by most as the worlds Premeir Ref.but todays match was totally pedantic.
I have in my long life seen many very turgid games this one ranked high with the worst of them.
Just one long penalty shoot out with the odd bit of Rugby interrupting it Wales
deserved there win BUT?
Scotland were just content to sit back,absorb pressure,and kick there points.
When late in the match they needed try`s the looked good but slow feed and two many pick and go`s negated that.
Wales should be congratulated on there defence tho much of it was from "Fast Line speed"or to put it bluntly OFFSIDE positions .
BUT that is the norm these days ,there has been more Rugby between the Wooden spoonists today.
Than the boring Penalty fests of the leading sides prior to today,this one breaks all Penalty score records EVER.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:04 pm

tatterd wrote:good to see that all the English Welsh posters have done is have a go at the ref and criticise the game in general, rather than congratulate Wales on a deserved victory. Swallow your bile chaps and be gregarious for once. Yes the game was an awful spectacle, but Wales were clearly the better team, particularly up front, and the correct result followed. Really hope we can rip the bloody wheels off your chariot next weekend and shut you up for a bit..........

fixed that
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:06 pm

well done barn........ picard

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

Didn't watch this one (and just as well, it sounds awful) but I wanted to say well done Wales and I hope that you stop England.

Shame it sounded like Joubert came over all Liza Minelli.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:09 pm

I thought A Jones was MOTM he had a very good game, the Wales front row were too powerful for Scotland, Hines was a liability and Scotland lost out in the second row and suffered for not having a 7. The Scottish half backs did OK but none of the backs on either side had space to do anything of note. 1/ Penny was solid and he improved his goal kicking he had enough practice.

Hope R Jones is OK for next week Wales will need him for the hard work.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:12 pm

I dont think there was a stand out player today I thought it was a total team effort.

I know the media like to nominate these MOTM awards and they do raise debate but I agree A Jones was very good as was (3 kicks aside) Halfpenny
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:18 pm

I agree Bedford\;

The scrum will be interesting next week.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I agree Bedford\;

Alun,

We normally agree to dis agree Hug but who would you start at l/head if all fit
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm

Whilst as an Anglo -Scot I hope England achieve there Grand Slam it would be nice to see some Rugby.
NOT two sides afraid to try anything relying on another Penalty shoot out because THAT is what the current 6Ns has degenerated into. furious Doh

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:26 pm

I must have spent several decades in a coma and woken up in some distant futuristic world where the primary means of communication is drawling on about the ref.

We get it, he's...not...a...very...good...referee! No excuse to spend an entire 80 mins whining and bittching about one man. One of the main factors that has driven people away from v2 imo, the fact that you'd think people are turning up more to watch the ref than passionately get behind their team. Just gets irritating, boring and unpleasant to listen to after the umpteenth complaint.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:33 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

Alun,

P James, and Gethin the last 20mins.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 09 Mar 2013, 6:34 pm

glamorganalun wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

Alun,

P James, and Gethin the last 20mins.

Well thats one time we agree James to start
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:16 pm

Bedford:

We are usually not far appart, I thought Faletau had another good game, his form has been good during this 6N much improved over his RABO form, I think Wales have the best back row in the 6N I am sure the English boys will disagree but I suspect Ryan will not be playing next week, he has a scan on his shoulder in the morning.

I would like to see Hook come in as Biggar does not get the back line moving, Hook always seems to rip England apart when he plays 10 or at least bring him on at half time.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 09 Mar 2013, 7:41 pm

glamorganalun wrote:Bedford:

I would like to see Hook come in as Biggar does not get the back line moving.
Blwydi Hell,I'd forgotten that we have a back line!! Sad

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:27 pm

Yes we are playing like the boring England teams of old, they had an excuse they had rubbish backs.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next