The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

+31
Duty281
dancingweeman
TM Moot
sportform
Statto00
Skyforger
Captain Charisma
bluestonevedder
RDuncan8
southernniner
Forward Pass
mikeygnfl
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
Thomond
Dorothy_Mantooth
sodhat
Colan (niner)
Bull
Pr4wn
Number-25
NYJ
JmD
Take it to the house
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Derbyblue
35 posters

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Derbyblue Sat 13 Apr - 1:27

First topic message reminder :

GSC wrote:Eagles traded Dion Lewis to Cleveland for Emmanuel Acho. Decent backup Lewis, just not as good as Brown.
Basically depth for depth, though I did think we were fine at RB with Richardson, Hardesty and Ogbonnaya but Acho wouldn't have fit the new 3-4 scheme so can't really complain about the deal too much and maybe one of those back ups gets sent off in a trade somewhere during the draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by twelve283 Tue 7 May - 2:30

GSC wrote:I'm sure you can lol
Why did I just think you were a Raiders fan? Headscratch Laugh

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by GSC Tue 7 May - 2:30

I'm not entirely sure
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 7 May - 3:33

big difference between Raiders and Eagles fans. Both their sides suck but only one set of fans realise it

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 7 May - 3:39

You could say the same about Seahawks and 49er fans.

The 49ers fans have spellcheck Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 7 May - 3:51

While you're all talking about ranking O-lines, here's how The Pulling Linemen guys ranked them after 2012: http://www.pullinglinemen.com/2013/01/olr-2012-ranking-nfls-o-lines.html

GSC wrote:You could say the same about Seahawks and 49er fans.

The 49ers fans have spellcheck Whistle
You may have said it before but still amusing and I won't lie was I waiting for you to say this again.

While we're talking about O-lines I know the Browns one requires a bit of work at the guard position but we're set at LT, C and RT for the next 10+ years then I would put Pinkston and Greco in at the guard positions.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 7 May - 3:52

Very Happy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 7 May - 3:55

Could probably go for 49ers fans have been diehards for 1 year longer than Seahawks fans I guess.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 7 May - 4:37

Woh, who said I was having a dig at the Eagles there. And I'm a circa 2007/08 fan so saw the bad teams!

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 7 May - 4:56

Woh, who said I wasn't implying Cherries became a fan in 2009
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 8 May - 17:57

Titus Young was arrested on sunday for DUI.

Then arrested again for trying to steal his car out of impound the same sunday.

Yes, Titus Young is that much of a dumbass
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 9 May - 5:19

Ronde Barber has decided to retire Sad

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 9 May - 5:24

Breaking News* Kevin Cadle tweeted me

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 9 May - 5:49

Pr4wn wrote:Ronde Barber has decided to retire Sad
Surely better than seeing him stood on the sideline all game?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 9 May - 5:51

Colan (niner) wrote:Breaking News* Kevin Cadle tweeted me

If it'd been Carlson we'd have been impressed Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 9 May - 5:54

Olly wrote:
Colan (niner) wrote:Breaking News* Kevin Cadle tweeted me

If it'd been Carlson we'd have been impressed Wink

I've spoken to him before too Wink But Kevin is a cult hero to me, and now we're chatting and he said he could maybe appear on the podcast. I also think he is Jay-Z's dad, the resemblance is uncanny

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 9 May - 6:03

Please can u give me a proper shout out if he does, u owe that to me after the rienbold incident
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 9 May - 6:58

cherriesfna wrote:Please can u give me a proper shout out if he does, u owe that to me after the rienbold incident

I'm not even sure he will come on. But if he does you can be assured it will not be a proper shout out. I may even have him interpret you as a Rams fan just for fun. Nah 49ers again I think

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 9 May - 7:01

Carlson agreed with my feelings on Matt barkley a few months back on twitter,

kinda foreshadowed that.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 9 May - 7:37

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22217956/nfl-team-officials-fear-federal-probe-could-drain-haslam-undermine-browns
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 9 May - 7:48

GSC wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/22217956/nfl-team-officials-fear-federal-probe-could-drain-haslam-undermine-browns
The key factor in whether he keeps the Browns is money, does he have enough stockpiled away from Pilot Flying J? Do Pilot Flying J have enough to cover the lawsuits? Are the Browns as a company capable of making money? Will Pilot Flying J be able to keep making money after this scandal? I have the answer to none of these but would with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever guess at yes to the first 3 and a maybe to the final one.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 9 May - 8:30

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167664/article/carolina-panthers-going-nowhere-with-ron-rivera-cam-newton
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 9 May - 20:12

Jadeveon Clowney jersey arrived today!

http://twitter.yfrog.com/gyhpqhnj

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 9 May - 23:32

Now that Cribbs is healthy he's getting some interest, apparently Oakland offered him a contract, visited Jets yesterday and visiting Giants today. Will be sad to see him play against Cleveland but wish him the best, someone may even be willing to give him a shot at WR he was actually pretty good in 2011 but for some reason the idea of actually passing him the ball only llasted for a year.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu 9 May - 23:34

I would welcome Cribbs to the Jets as a kick returner. We could finally get rid of Joe "Fumble" McKnight.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 9 May - 23:45

NYJ wrote:I would welcome Cribbs to the Jets as a kick returner. We could finally get rid of Joe "Fumble" McKnight.
Does Kerley return kicks too? TBH I would have liked Cribbs to stay he seemed like he very genuinely wanted to stay, said he would take a much lower base salary as long as the contract had performance based bonuses that would allow him to earn a bit extra, plus we didn't see Travis Benjamin in too many return situations though as the only one I remember was for a TD I probably shouldn't complain and he's probably now #4 on the depth chart at WR so will be wanting to make an impact.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Thu 9 May - 23:56

Derbyblue wrote:
NYJ wrote:I would welcome Cribbs to the Jets as a kick returner. We could finally get rid of Joe "Fumble" McKnight.
Does Kerley return kicks too? TBH I would have liked Cribbs to stay he seemed like he very genuinely wanted to stay, said he would take a much lower base salary as long as the contract had performance based bonuses that would allow him to earn a bit extra, plus we didn't see Travis Benjamin in too many return situations though as the only one I remember was for a TD I probably shouldn't complain and he's probably now #4 on the depth chart at WR so will be wanting to make an impact.

Kerley returns punts. He is our best receiver so I'd rather he didn't return kicks too. I really don't see why McKnight is still on the roster. Clyde Gates, WR4, has experience of returning.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 10 May - 0:13

neil reynolds, kevin cadle and Reinebold will all be appearing on podcast at same time. Will fill my sky void

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 10 May - 0:47

NYJ wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:

Kerley returns punts. He is our best receiver so I'd rather he didn't return kicks too. I really don't see why McKnight is still on the roster. Clyde Gates, WR4, has experience of returning.
Yeah I like what I've seen of Kerley, just thought I remembered him returning kicks so thought I'd check. I think Cribbs would be a pretty good addition to most teams if he isn't costing too much.

Indianapolis have traded A.Q. Shipley to Baltimore for a conditional pick in the next draft.

Ronde may have returned to Tampa for another year if he thought he was starting, but I think they made the right choice to upgrade now than to wait the yeark plus had he decided to retire at the same point they'd have missed out on drafting a CB.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 10 May - 0:52

Nick Fairley seems to think the Lions can get to the Super Bowl. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/09/nick-fairley-thinks-the-lions-are-going-to-the-super-bowl/

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 May - 0:53

Nick's Fairley Suh.

I'll get my coat...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 10 May - 7:47

News from around the league...

1) It's official! Matt Barkley is the new Tom Brady:-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000168301/article/matt-barkley-is-a-perfect-fit-for-philadelphia-eagles-new-system

2) So the 49ers have agreed a deal with Levi's for the naming rights of their new stadium in Santa Clara:-
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167936/article/levis-stadium-to-be-san-francisco-49ers-new-home

I wonder if they are thinking of having a blue 'Boise State' style pitch?

3) Manit Te'o 'girlfriend' makes the Maxim Top 100. She came in at 69:-

http://www.maxim.com/hot100/2013

Last edited by mikeygnfl on Fri 10 May - 8:05; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 May - 8:03

Sweet
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 10 May - 17:14

Might be the worst 10 to date on the top 100
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 10 May - 23:36

Happy to see Richardson make it but I find it a bit strange a player put Richardson in their top 20.

Snyder has said the Redskins will never change their team name. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2013/05/09/washington-redskins-daniel-snyder/2148127/

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 10 May - 23:41

7 Rookies in the top 100, we know Kuechly and Richardson who do you think are the other 5?

I'm guessing at Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Morris, Martin.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 10 May - 23:42

only Staley, Kuechly and Flowers belong 71-80 imo.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 10 May - 23:42

Derbyblue wrote:7 Rookies in the top 100, we know Kuechly and Richardson who do you think are the other 5?

cant agrue with that, just anooyed at sum of the player who got there tho, seriouslt antonio gates, he aint dine nthing for like 3 years.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 11 May - 3:27

If any of you have a spare half an hour, give this a watch. My favourite player of all time bows out. Tough, successful and humble, Ronde Barber was a true pro and he'll be sorely missed by the Bucs.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/DB-Ronde-Barber-Retirement-Press-Conference/569237db-990c-4fa9-9cfa-24d1f0bbe0a6

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 12 May - 1:14

cherriesfna wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:7 Rookies in the top 100, we know Kuechly and Richardson who do you think are the other 5?

cant agrue with that, just anooyed at sum of the player who got there tho, seriouslt antonio gates, he aint dine nthing for like 3 years.
Antonio Gates doesn't like people like you: “Apparently they don’t watch football,” Gates said. “I understand everyone’s opinion. Some people are stat guys, some people are into who catches the touchdowns, who has 100-something catches. A lot of people are not interested into what the game plan is about, what guys demand the game plan every single week, week in and week out, [and] what guys demand double teams. I can go on down the list. It is funny to me because it is a joke, in a sense, so it is kind of funny. It is a voice of an opinion. I go out and do what I can do and try to help us win football games. It is always frustrating to see you placed so low. At the same time, it gives me a little chip on my shoulder to come back next year and prove I am one of the better tight ends in the league.”

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 May - 1:16

Antonio Gates is full of crap. Hes been injured and not very productive for a few years now
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 12 May - 1:26

GSC wrote:Antonio Gates is full of crap. Hes been injured and not very productive for a few years now
I agree I wouldn't have him in my top 20 so don't know which players chose to put him in their's.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 12 May - 1:35

Derbyblue wrote:
cherriesfna wrote:

Antonio Gates doesn't like people like you: “Apparently they don’t watch football,” Gates said. “I understand everyone’s opinion. Some people are stat guys, some people are into who catches the touchdowns, who has 100-something catches. A lot of people are not interested into what the game plan is about, what guys demand the game plan every single week, week in and week out, [and] what guys demand double teams. I can go on down the list. It is funny to me because it is a joke, in a sense, so it is kind of funny. It is a voice of an opinion. I go out and do what I can do and try to help us win football games. It is always frustrating to see you placed so low. At the same time, it gives me a little chip on my shoulder to come back next year and prove I am one of the better tight ends in the league.”

I agree with what he said actually but don't think it applies to him, thats the funny part! I think most on here are stats men like the majority of people but its true that is shortsighted most of the time.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 May - 1:55

The 'I watch x play' is a worse argument than stats tbf.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 12 May - 2:03

I agree but people do ignore the 'little things' like blocking, if they play call etc and how important they are to the teams success. There are tons of players who talent and stat wise aren't top 100. But a lot of guys still top 100 in terms of importance overall.

Its like from a 49ers perspective, how many neutrals would realise that Tarrel Brown is our best corner? And then Ahmad Brooks could start for any team but we know he won't be top 100. Why, because unfortunately he is good in coverage and elite against the run but is only average when it comes to sack stats. Well rounded means nothing, people look for the flashy

Last edited by Colan (niner) on Sun 12 May - 2:09; edited 1 time in total

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 12 May - 2:07

Antonio Gates has never blocked in his life
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Sun 12 May - 2:10

GSC wrote:Antonio Gates has never blocked in his life

That's why I said it was funny that although I agree generally with what he said, it doesn't actually apply to him

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 May - 4:11

Titus Young has been arrested for the 3rd time in a week.

He might be the dumbest man alive
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 May - 7:13

Pats released Brandon Deaderick.

Took a lot of snaps last year, somewhat of a surprise
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 14 May - 7:15

GSC wrote:Titus Young has been arrested for the 3rd time in a week.

He might be the dumbest man alive

He needs psychiatric help, not even trying to be funny, there just has to be something wrong there

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 May - 19:10

Matthew Barkley ‏@MattBarkley 11h
I prefer Batt Markley RT @PhillyFanpage: @MattBarkley Can you change your name to Mark Battley?

Godammit hes making me kinda like him Sad
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 21  Next