The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!!

+7
hampo17
TheMackemMawler
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
Imperial Ghosty
jimdig
davidemore
11 posters

Go down

Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!! Empty Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!!

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm

After a stunning performance like that, to ditch your man is just, well, merciless.

It shows Bob Arum to be a greedy money driven man, not someone invested in their fighters careers. Rigo has been punished like Bradley for winning a fight. I bet he tries to leave him on the shelf for the rest of the year, or at best stuffs him on an under card.

He's as bad as Don King minus the murder charge is wart faced Arum.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!! Empty Re: Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!!

Post by jimdig Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm

Agreed, couldn't believe he was saying "I just don't know what to with this kid now" after rigo won. Promote him would be the obvious answer. Bias, just a bit.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!! Empty Re: Bob Arum Does Not Care About His Peoples, About RIGO!!!!!!

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm

Harsh as it is, Arum is a business man so money comes first and last, if he can't make money from somebody he's not going to bother. I said after the fight that it doesn't effect Donaire that much as he's the one who will be getting the big fights, the big paydays and the backing of his promoter. Win or lose Rigondeaux was always going to lose from it unless he was aggressive and took Donaire out, talented as he may be he just doesn't get the pulse racing, he's won his big fight and I doubt he'll be getting many if any more.

The harsh reality of boxing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm

granted, not speaking English is a problem, but man alive, he put on a clinic. Think of it like this. Having Rigo in his stable gives his business a credibility, a reputation for producing the best. If you want to treat human beings like products then this is one fine product. I think Arum is just a bitter greedy man, it was stunning to see him blame Rigo for his win. And then, he almost had a go at HBO's scoring! I mean granted, HBO have been awful in the past, by my GOD, they bum Pac Man, and they got it right this time, a shut out.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:20 pm

It was far from a shut out, it was conclusive but you're severely over egging it yet again.

Why does the 81 year old Arum need perceived credibility having been at the top of the business for eons, he has various money makers in his stable and Rigo needs him more than he needs Rigo.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:23 pm

Fancy a promoter being a greedy, money driven Man!!

Just hope it doesn't catch on with the rest !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:28 pm

I think people are jumping the gun writing Rigondeaux off on the basis of that fight. I think against other opponents he could excite alot more. I mean even Froch was boring against Abraham. Some fights you have to excercise caution. Arum should put him in with someone he can flourish against. Not too many were acusing Rigondeaux of being a bore prior to Donaire. Plenty were admiring his talent. Hes beaten a popular fighter against the odds so hes getting a bit of backlash as a result. But I think against less dangerous fighters you could see more from him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:35 pm

Rigo is the future and Bob tries to flog us JMM vs Pac 5? Jesus, the man is a mockery of the sport. A disgrace. A thief!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:37 pm

Arum is savvy...........Rigo couldn't raise enough money to rebuild a roof........

JMM and Paccy are established.....

Might be news to you but lower weight fighters don't and never have sold!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:42 pm

Rigo is 32, he's the present I very much doubt he's the future.

JMM vs Pac 5 makes him bucket loads of money as well as potential fights with Bradley, Rios and Alvarado, Rigo makes him no money with very few exciting match ups possible. It's a tricky choice but I know which option a switched on businessman would go for.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:46 pm

absolutely..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:51 pm

He's made enough coin! Why not have him deliver some decent fights before he retires?

God he's awful.

Top Three Promoter Dislikes.

1. Arum and his obsession with greed.
2. Warren and his WBO bum fest that gets fighters shots that don't involve champions.
3. Bob Arum's lies.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

A promoters sole and only interest is making money, think it's a bit unreasonable to expect a businessmen to do anything else.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

Bob needs to miraculously uncover Rigo's German ancestor - they appreciate ability over excitement!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

Top Rank will be passed on to someone though David so he's going to want to keep making money for the companies sake.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

I hate the greed.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

If you're honest you would do exactly the same thing in his position, 99% of us would.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

Unfortunately he doesn't see Rigo as a big draw and his performance on Saturday didn't help.

I agree with what many have said on here though, had Rigo had a different opponent, he would have probably been more gung ho.

I would love to see him fight Mares.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:13 pm

WHERE THE HELL IS RIGO GOING TO GO NEXT? HE DESERCE, JUST ONE CHANCE!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I think people are jumping the gun writing Rigondeaux off on the basis of that fight. I think against other opponents he could excite alot more. I mean even Froch was boring against Abraham. Some fights you have to excercise caution. Arum should put him in with someone he can flourish against. Not too many were acusing Rigondeaux of being a bore prior to Donaire. Plenty were admiring his talent. Hes beaten a popular fighter against the odds so hes getting a bit of backlash as a result. But I think against less dangerous fighters you could see more from him.

Lewis is a prime example of a boxer who chose to fight cautiously against certain opponents to get the win, while he would demolish others.

I'm afraid Rigo will never be a fighter who seeks and destroys. He waits - and punishes mistakes.

Whether he is on the front foot or back he is a counter puncher. I like that style, most don't.

He'll knock people out (with single shots out of no where) and always demonstrate sublime skill but he's economical and doesn't waste shots. If punters want an all action fight set at a frenetic pace then goodluck to them, they'll not get it.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:14 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:If you're honest you would do exactly the same thing in his position, 99% of us would.
I don't know about this. After all, how much money does Bob Arum need?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:19 pm

Nelson never had a big fight............Fenech was on an undercard..

Lower weight fighters just don't get what they deserve...

Just aren't interesting to the Masses.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nelson never had a big fight............Fenech was on an undercard..

Lower weight fighters just don't get what they deserve...

Just aren't interesting to the Masses.

Naz did ok.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:33 pm

Naz was special with crushing power, an exciting style and a big mouth.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:45 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Naz was special with crushing power, an exciting style and a big mouth.
Sounds good, must check him out.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:06 pm

Wasn't too exciting against MAB........you might want to skip that one.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 19 Apr 2013, 6:05 pm

MAB was Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:26 pm

Jokers.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down