The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers

+12
owen10ozzy
Adam D
Dolphin Ziggler
TheCelticGarbutt
harryspiv
Mr H
Kay Fabe
x12x
Crimey
Ché Guerrero
Korankye88
Dr Gregory House MD
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else watching Raw tonight?

Do we really need Lesnar/HHH 3?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers

Post by x12x Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:54 am

I rewatched it and I really like it as a promo, he played the emotion of being lost and broken really well and when the 'respect' and 'CM Punk' chants started I really felt like it was too much for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back as face when he finally comes back, the fact that the CM Punk chants seemed to outlast the Undertaker chants show that it wouldn't take much for him to be pushed as a face again, hopefully similar to his MITB days.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Raw Thread- Will Contain Spoilers

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 am

Now that I've had time to digest the show, it wasn't a classic by any streach.

The face/heel balance was wrong all night, in one show we had 2 faces vs 1 heel in a match, a heel beatdown of 3 heels, and a heel vs heel match.

Cesaro losing his title was out of the blue, his push has really gone off the rails in the past few months, I sort of took it as a given that when the part-timers had moved on from 'mania season his push would resume but he seems to be slipping further away.

I'm worried that the Fandango craze is going to kill his character, as we saw last night, there was not the rabid enthusiasm that there was just one week ago, I like him, but I think WWE would be better sustaining a solid push rather than giving him too much and overkilling it.

The Punk promo, yes it made sense, yes Punk acted it very well, but for so long, we (or at least I) have expected Punk to come out and deliver a blistering promo that will lift the show, he probably needs the rest, and deserves it, but I will miss him.

Ryback is now a bit of a coward? That didn't take long, I'll say it again, I think it would have been better if the Sheild had come out while they were staring down and have Ryback leave to make a point.

In positives, it was a very solid show wrestling wise, that handicap, US title, tag and Ziggler/Swagger matches were all solid, Brock still does a beatdown like no one else can, and speaking of beatdowns The Sheild pancaked Cena again Yahoo

Speaking of The Sheild, have you see the advertised match for next weeks show Drool, they can't seriously be about to give this match away on free TV, its done its job anyways, I will be watching.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:29 pm

I thought the Punk segment was excellent, I really enjoyed it, I want him to be a face, I think he's a great face and with the way the WWE book heels then it simply doesn't fit into 'The Best In The World' gimmick, he's a cool face, someone people can get behind and want to sEe win, that's unusual these days

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 pm

I'd retweet KF's post if i could.

It opens doors for Heyman to say his client walked out on him etc. I do think that Punk will almost certainly turn face at some point this year. I'd love to see a face Punk v heel Orton fued over the summer.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:13 pm

WWE had the opportunity to pull off a master stroke with Ryback and Cena. There was opportunity here for a double turn. Cena could be behind the shield and then ryback could be justified in what he said about 'where was cena'....but hey WWE dont do master strokes just damp squibs

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Um Barrett losing to Truth. Clean! Why???

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Ché Guerrero wrote:Um Barrett losing to Truth. Clean! Why???

R-Truth as Number 1 contender, gets a title match at RAW UK only for Barrett to win anyone???

No time invested into a challenger and a cheap pop for the home town favourite perhaps.

Last edited by TheCelticGarbutt on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cant spell!!)

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm

harryspiv wrote:WWE had the opportunity to pull off a master stroke with Ryback and Cena. There was opportunity here for a double turn. Cena could be behind the shield and then ryback could be justified in what he said about 'where was cena'....but hey WWE dont do master strokes just damp squibs

I can't have that sorry, I don't think WWE could ever turn there top face of the past decade, 2 weeks removed from a clean win in one of there biggest PPV main events ever, with an hours build up

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm not sure Ryback comes across a coward, more vindictive. Classic heel behaviour sees the coward wait and then come back and beat down an injured opponent. This way he is just leaving him to a fate he feels he deserves. Leaves intrigue too, there were a few looks back and forth and Ryback's timely exit from the ring could tease there being collusion on this one.

Anyone notice WWE accidently showing the shield waiting in the back? That was a TNA style mistake!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:03 pm

They tried covering it up by getting the commentators to talk about it but it was a mess up haha

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:33 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote: That was a TNA style mistake!

raspberry

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Heymans promo on Lesnar was false; HHH is the first person to knock out Lesnar?! I thought they had begun to acknowledge UFC's existence

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:32 pm

Che - Brock was never knocked out in the UFC I believe he was submitted and then stopped twice but not actually knocked out cold which is what I think Heyman was attempting to put across!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:40 pm

when abouts during the show did they show the Shield waiting? Completely missed it!
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:07 pm

During the Cena/Ryback promo, they cut away for a few seconds to the backstage area.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Ché Guerrero Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Owen, a technical knockout still reads as a knockout on the official career records.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 am

It was an ok Raw. I liked the fact Brock Lesnar took out 3MB. It just shows him as a total beast who will batter anyone regardless of face and heel.

I enjoyed the whole Del Rio / Swagger and Ziggler thing as well. People mmoaning about Ziggler losing clean, need to remember it was more an pooprtunistic win with a quick roll up. These dont necessarily make the loser look weak. Not as if he taped out. Cesaro v Kingston was a good match. I had a feeling Kingston would win. He rarely goes 6 months without having gold around his waist. Usually either the IC, US or Tag Team.

The Fandango thing fell a bit flat but Im glad cuz I want them to focus on pushing him as an arrogant but psychotic heel. I was fearing that they were trying to make him a face but the whole "you didnt say my name right so you can go Fandango yourselves" thing keeps him heel.

Last week when Big Show came out during the Sheamus / Orton match, I was wondering why he was focusing much of his attack on Orton. It makes sense now as I think at Extreme Rules it will be Orton v Big Show and Henry v Sheamus.

No way will The Undertaker be on Raw to be in a 3 man tag match. I fully expect John Cena to take his place after his beatdown. But how will they explain Taker not bothering. Makes me interested.

My thoughts on Ryback will have a thread of its own.

Looks like CM Punk is having some time off. He will return as a face to take on Lesnar.

All in all a pretty decent Raw but not brilliant.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:It was an ok Raw. I liked the fact Brock Lesnar took out 3MB. It just shows him as a total beast who will batter anyone regardless of face and heel.

I enjoyed the whole Del Rio / Swagger and Ziggler thing as well. People mmoaning about Ziggler losing clean, need to remember it was more an pooprtunistic win with a quick roll up. These dont necessarily make the loser look weak. Not as if he taped out. Cesaro v Kingston was a good match. I had a feeling Kingston would win. He rarely goes 6 months without having gold around his waist. Usually either the IC, US or Tag Team.

The Fandango thing fell a bit flat but Im glad cuz I want them to focus on pushing him as an arrogant but psychotic heel. I was fearing that they were trying to make him a face but the whole "you didnt say my name right so you can go Fandango yourselves" thing keeps him heel.

Last week when Big Show came out during the Sheamus / Orton match, I was wondering why he was focusing much of his attack on Orton. It makes sense now as I think at Extreme Rules it will be Orton v Big Show and Henry v Sheamus.

No way will The Undertaker be on Raw to be in a 3 man tag match. I fully expect John Cena to take his place after his beatdown. But how will they explain Taker not bothering. Makes me interested.

My thoughts on Ryback will have a thread of its own.

Looks like CM Punk is having some time off. He will return as a face to take on Lesnar.
All in all a pretty decent Raw but not brilliant.

If taker is advertised to be there he will be there, I doubt he will wrestle though

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:53 pm

I would love it if he was, but after all these years, he just appears in a random 3 way tag match. I dont mean completely random as there is a valid reason for him to want to face The Shield, but surely more of a deal would be made than just advertising it on the Raw before.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:58 pm

I think because its a special raw in London, they (for some reason) feel the need to advertise a main event instead of just letting the show flow like a raw every week.

Plus the 6 man tag match would be adverise locally for the ticket buyers. if they advertise anyone to be on the card they have to be there or offer a refund because the card is not what is advertised when the ticket bought.

Subject to change normally refers to the actual matches changing.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 pm

bretmeharty wrote:I think because its a special raw in London, they (for some reason) feel the need to advertise a main event instead of just letting the show flow like a raw every week.

Plus the 6 man tag match would be adverise locally for the ticket buyers. if they advertise anyone to be on the card they have to be there or offer a refund because the card is not what is advertised when the ticket bought.

Subject to change normally refers to the actual matches changing.

People advertised don't have to be there and there wouldn't be grounds for a refund as you by a ticket to Raw not to 'The Undertaker on Raw'. Obviously if it is advertised someone will be there (discounting injuries, suspensions etc.) then they will be on the show, as the bad feeling it would create would potentially damage future ticket sales.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2