The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audley v Wilder

+24
Mr Bounce
hazharrison
Soldier_Of_Fortune
The Beast
Adam D
tunes666
manos de piedra
Duty281
Boxtthis
bellchees
Il Gialloblu
davidemore
bhb001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Strongback
J.Benson II
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
hampo17
KingMonkey
Lumbering_Jack
BoxingFan88
Rowley
azania
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Audley v Wilder Empty Audley v Wilder

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:52 pm

Not seen much of Wilder other that you tube vids. But what I've seen is dismal. Uncoordinated, ungainly, arms and legs all over the place. He makes Fury look like a ballet dancer in comparison. But he has a howitzer for a punch. No idea what his chin is like as the guys he's fought didn't realise that they were permitted to hit back.

Then we have Audley. A unigma (unique enigma). On his day he looks like he has very punch variety. But those days are few and far `between and often against woefully overmatched fighters. His chin? Well we can say he is chinny but the punches that KOd him would KO any other active boxer.

When the serious pressure is on he looks like a deer trapped in headlights. He's been getting drunk at the last chance saloon all too often but this is his last chance of achieving anything. Can he do it?

Much depends on how good Wilder actually is. If he is average and lands the first jab Audley will revert to type and get blasted out within 3. If Audley has some success he could win as Wilder is, imo, useless.

Prediction - or what round Audley will get knocked out in?

Audley in 5. He has to do something eventually. Probably a Sprott type KO when all seemed lost. Yes he can.

azania

Back to top Go down

Audley v Wilder Empty Re: Audley v Wilder

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

Wilder within three, have fallen for Audley far too often. Am sure you will find a kindred spirit in Union should he appear though Az

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:58 pm

I quite like Wilder, I really enjoyed the live bunce hour yesterday.

I think Audley will revert to type and Wilder will KO him.

Audley has the skills to win, but not the mentality.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:58 pm

Wilder KO 1. Puts him away in similar fashion to Price.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:05 pm

I like Wilder but not because he's any good. He interviews well and the article in this week's Boxing News is superb, I hope he smashes Audley into bits.

Wilder is a huge hype job though.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:06 pm

You don't win a olympic medal by being useless, at least not when you've had less than 30 amateur fights. I just wonder if he feels all he has to do is rely on power, which in this fight is all he'll need.

Audley will look like a dear in the headlights again and it'll be over within three rounds.

Last edited by hampo171 on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

Wilder is amusing. Talks well and if good he would liven up the division with his personality. But he just looks god awful.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:07 pm

Can't see Audley making it past two rounds really, three at the most. Audley can look good against the PrizeFighters of this world, for sure, but going in to fights where he knows he's going to be up against it and is going to have to take some hits, he freezes time and time and time again. Regardless of his opposition so far, Wilder is clearly a big step up from the three-rounders Harrison feasted off back in February and all you need is a working pair of eyes to see that.

Wilder can punch, is athletic, carries a big physical presence and is roundly expected to put Audley away without too much fuss. Combine all of those factors with Audley's fragile mental state under pressure (and the fact that he's just not a top class fighter and never has been, which always seems to get ignored somehow!) and it'll be altogether too much for him.

Wilder by stoppage, early.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:19 pm

Audley in 5............ Rolling Eyes

Tell me an opponent with a pulse he's beaten in the last few years............

Wilder is a good win for anybody certainly better than Cunningham as he's an up and coming contender....

Does this mean by picking Audley in 5 you'll be giving Price credit for smacking out Audley in 1...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:25 pm

That's a shot in the dark based on a feeling. I'm not impressed with Wilder whatsoever. Granted he is athletic but as a boxer he lacks coordination. Can Audley exploit that? I have my doubts, but if he can let go of his demons he has a chance of pulling something out of the bag.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:27 pm

He can't though can he. He's been trying to rid himself of those demons for years and they are still here.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:33 pm

I think Wilder will get beaten when he eventually steps up in class (a la Price).
Don't think Audley is the man to do it though.

Wilder by TKO in the early/mid rounds.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:35 pm

Audley has every right to dream.............but some dreams become nightmares.

Wilder to Freddy Krueger him.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:39 pm

I just wish Wilder would fight the World Class wrecking ball Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson. Such a world class operator he is.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:54 pm

KingMonkey wrote:He can't though can he. He's been trying to rid himself of those demons for years and they are still here.

That's the crux. If he can rid himself of them he would be a better fighter. I saw his fight against Guinn where he did next to nothing, but when he opened up he looked decent. Obviously those were few and far between and rightly lost. He has some talent. Enough to beat Wilder? I doubt it, but then again who has Wilder fought? He doesn't look that good or even decent.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:55 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I think Wilder will get beaten when he eventually steps up in class (a la Price).
Don't think Audley is the man to do it though.

Wilder by TKO in the early/mid rounds.

Probably.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:00 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I just wish Wilder would fight the World Class wrecking ball Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson. Such a world class operator he is.

ok

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm

Even Union has gone for Wilder by EKO in the Ozzy league. But live the dream, Az, live the dream. Some may say delusional, but I just think your Universe must be a better place!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:39 pm

bhb001 wrote:Even Union has gone for Wilder by EKO in the Ozzy league. But live the dream, Az, live the dream. Some may say delusional, but I just think your Universe must be a better place!

The whole point of the thread is to bait people with the underlying suggestion that "Fury is more steadier on his feet than Wilder".

A bad failure of a bait, but a bait none the less.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
bhb001 wrote:Even Union has gone for Wilder by EKO in the Ozzy league. But live the dream, Az, live the dream. Some may say delusional, but I just think your Universe must be a better place!

The whole point of the thread is to bait people with the underlying suggestion that "Fury is more steadier on his feet than Wilder".

A bad failure of a bait, but a bait none the less.

Ok

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:45 pm

There is hope. He has to come good eventually.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 23 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

A-Force in 5.

Plenty of HW shocks of late.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:18 pm

hampo171 wrote:You don't win a olympic medal by being useless...

True that.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:29 pm

azania wrote:

Why? He may be A-Force, but he isn't A-Force of nature, what ever his press release says!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:31 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
hampo171 wrote:You don't win a olympic medal by being useless...

True that.
Sadly that suggests that because Audley won Gold he must be better that Wilder who could only manage a paltry Bronze. However, David Price also only managed a paltry Bronze medal and we all saw what happened there.

I've no axe to grind with Wilder peronally (sure he's a lovely bloke) but the bandwagoniing idiots who praise him to the Heavens need to be stopped (BTW it's the same kind of ninnys who started bandying about Trout's name after he beat Cotto..you know the type).

For my sanity (if nothing else), I'd like to see Audley win and put and end to this Deontay Wilder love-in that's become, quite frankly, nauseating.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm

BOMB SQUAD!!!!!!!!

I did like Wilders Podcast but he's an accident waiting to happen. I seriously doubt Audley will be the one to show him up though so Wilder inside 3.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 23 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

Wilder is a big stiff idiot, he will need 10 plumbers by the time I'm finished with him....
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:08 pm

Wilder is pretty uncoordinated and lacks a lot of basic technique, and if Audley were to get settled in and box him then he could easily win. Unfortunately, A-force hates being hit. He's terrified of it. Wilder to bulldoze him and end it within 3.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

Audley to recreate Lennox Lewis's destruction of Michael Grant (overblown hype-job). Say it with me boys and girls..................

"Tiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!"

Last edited by DAVE667 on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Felt it needed a few more r's)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

Do you really want Audley to win?????????

He's like a poor Man's Jose Ribalta...............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:28 pm

bhb001 wrote:
azania wrote:

Why? He may be A-Force, but he isn't A-Force of nature, what ever his press release says!!

For me its more a case of hope rather than expectation. You have to admire a guy who has that never say die attitude and who has recieved sustained abuse from all quarters, yet still comes back for more. I've warmed to him.

I hope he wins. He can do it. YES HE CAN.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:29 pm

Should he win... do you think he deserves a title shot??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Do you really want Audley to win?????????

He's like a poor Man's Jose Ribalta...............

If it means I don't have to suffer these bandwagonning clowns on here then, emphatically, YES!

For months it's been "Wilder" this, "Seth Mitchell" that and blah blah blah without either of them ever having done anything to suggest they were going to make any more impact on the HW division that Dominic Guinn.

Thankfully Mitchell's bubble was popped by Banks and I'm just waiting for Wilder's to go next. Any current HW who thinks his stock is going to rise on the back of beating Audley Harrison deserves to have his butt handed to him. At least David Price and David Haye were honest enough to say they didn't rate Audley as a fighter.

I'd also love to see the K's trying to convince us that Audley posed the biggest threat of their careers if he was to secure a shot at the title. Surely worth it for that piece of theatre.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:31 pm

Given that all and sundry get title shots by walking and chewing gum simultaneously, why not?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:31 pm

Audley to freeze up the moment the first punch from Wilder connects. Same old story I believe, though I hope it'll be different.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Should he win... do you think he deserves a title shot??
Deserves at title shot? Off the back of beating the hype job Wilder? Definitely not.
Woudl he get a title shot? Another matter entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:37 pm

Dave you could call 99% of young fights hype jobs these days, they get a lot of fans early and those fans will back them no matter what. I actually think Az is being overly critical about Wilders ability, he's quick of his feet for a heavyweight, has a decent jab and brilliant power. In this heavyweight division he could certainly be a force but after Audley needs to step up his level of opposition. He has certainly not looked as bad as Fury did on Saturday night that's for sure.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:44 pm

Audley is Wilder's biggest opponent to date. How many fights has he had? I don't care about his lack of amatuer experience, the HW division these days is so dire anyone with an ounce of fire in his belly would cut a bloody swathe through the ranks leaving nothing but broken bones and shattered egos in his wake.

Things are so bad I'm starting to have a fondness for the days of young Mike Tyson. His fights would be televised and before the first bell the commentators would be telling you to tune again in as he was having another fight in six weeks time.

THAT'S what the division needs, another "line 'em up, I'll knock down and we'll talk about money later" kind of fighter. Sadly it's all, let's take it nice and steady and protect that "O"

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:53 pm

hampo171 wrote:Dave you could call 99% of young fights hype jobs these days, they get a lot of fans early and those fans will back them no matter what. I actually think Az is being overly critical about Wilders ability, he's quick of his feet for a heavyweight, has a decent jab and brilliant power. In this heavyweight division he could certainly be a force but after Audley needs to step up his level of opposition. He has certainly not looked as bad as Fury did on Saturday night that's for sure.

I don't think I am. He is uncoordinated, ungaingly and looks disjointed. Nothing seems to flow with him. But power is one thing he has in abundance. Great handspeed and a telescopic right hand. Pity he doesn't seem to know how to use a jab properly.

He has looked brilliant. But even Audley would look brilliant fighting what he has been fighting. I believe his opponents all have had more losses than wins. We had a British fighter who was hyped to the hills until a clip round the ear felled him. Has Wilder been hit with anything remotely worthy of being called a punch?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:56 pm

azania wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Dave you could call 99% of young fights hype jobs these days, they get a lot of fans early and those fans will back them no matter what. I actually think Az is being overly critical about Wilders ability, he's quick of his feet for a heavyweight, has a decent jab and brilliant power. In this heavyweight division he could certainly be a force but after Audley needs to step up his level of opposition. He has certainly not looked as bad as Fury did on Saturday night that's for sure.

I don't think I am. He is uncoordinated, ungaingly and looks disjointed. Nothing seems to flow with him. But power is one thing he has in abundance. Great handspeed and a telescopic right hand. Pity he doesn't seem to know how to use a jab properly. He has looked brilliant. But even Audley would look brilliant fighting what he has been fighting. I believe his opponents all have had more losses than wins. We had a British fighter who was hyped to the hills until a clip round the ear felled him. Has Wilder been hit with anything remotely worthy of being called a punch?

Exactly...20+ fights into a pro career, things like that should have been sorted out already. What are they going to do, get him a title and THEN work on his skill set?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

We also have a heavyweight who is being hyped to the hills and dropped by feather fisted punchers and cruiserweights.

Only five of his opponents have bad more losses than wins by the way, two of his last three where unbeaten and his last opponent had previously been in with Boystov, Toney and Johnson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:58 pm

Get him a title, protect him (people here would understand that) and let him learn on the job by fighting underserving soft fighters.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

hampo171 wrote:We also have a heavyweight who is being hyped to the hills and dropped by feather fisted punchers and cruiserweights.

Only five of his opponents have bad more losses than wins by the way, two of his last three where unbeaten and his last opponent had previously been in with Boystov, Toney and Johnson.

Who is hyping him?

How did those opponents get on against Boystov et al? Would Toney be a good opponent for Fury?

Excuse me. I forgot about the mighty Kelvin Price. What is it about the name Price that seems to be bad for boxers?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

hampo171 wrote:We also have a heavyweight who is being hyped to the hills and dropped by feather fisted punchers and cruiserweights.Only five of his opponents have bad more losses than wins by the way, two of his last three where unbeaten and his last opponent had previously been in with Boystov, Toney and Johnson.
Yeah but the Americans aren't bleating about our British fighters, why are people here getting carried away with a fighter no better than ours?
Anyway, sad as it will make me, Wilder to win and then a fight to be made with either Fury or Price.

Last edited by DAVE667 on Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:02 pm

In my experience there hasnt been a huge amount of overhype for guys like Wilder, Mitchell, Price, Fury etc. Ive seldom seen any of them tipped for greatness. The gist of the feeling Ive gotten is that they are all capable of becoming world champions when the Klitschkos either step aside, or become so ancient that defeat becomes inneviteable. In that contet when you look around the division and what would happen were the Klitschkos to retire its not all that unlikely. Even Wlad is 37 now and while he might have a couple more years at the top if he wanted, in 2 years time he might not be the same fighter.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

Toney would probably throw more punches than the world level fighter Kevin Johnson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:05 pm

manos de piedra wrote:In my experience there hasnt been a huge amount of overhype for guys like Wilder, Mitchell, Price, Fury etc. Ive seldom seen any of them tipped for greatness. The gist of the feeling Ive gotten is that they are all capable of becoming world champions when the Klitschkos either step aside, or become so ancient that defeat becomes inneviteable. In that contet when you look around the division and what would happen were the Klitschkos to retire its not all that unlikely. Even Wlad is 37 now and while he might have a couple more years at the top if he wanted, in 2 years time he might not be the same fighter.

My God where have you been man, there are posters on here who treat them like the second coming of Ali, Louis, Dempsey, Tyson etc. Thankfully, no-one with any sense outside of this forum seems to be that hysterical about them.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:We also have a heavyweight who is being hyped to the hills and dropped by feather fisted punchers and cruiserweights.Only five of his opponents have bad more losses than wins by the way, two of his last three where unbeaten and his last opponent had previously been in with Boystov, Toney and Johnson.
Yeah but the Americans aren't bleating about our British fighters, why are people here getting carried away with a fighter no better than ours?
Anyway, sad as it will make me, Wilder to win and then a fight to be made with either Fury or Price.

The sad thing is the Americans aren't bleating about their own fighters unless they're called Mayweather.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:11 pm

hampo171 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

The sad thing is the Americans aren't bleating about their own fighters unless they're called Mayweather.
Shows what they know then doesn't it? The likes of Ward and Broner (as obnoxious as he is) demonstrate that the USA have some very good fighters indeed. I just don't believe that the Brits (couple of dingbats on here) should be so quick to include Wilder in that group especially when the American scribes aren't even on board

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 7:12 pm

hampo171 wrote:Toney would probably throw more punches than the world level fighter Kevin Johnson.

The only time Toney will throw punches is if he were at the back of the queue at Burget King.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next