The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive

+8
Mind the windows Tino.
TheMackemMawler
jimdig
Soldier_Of_Fortune
TRUSSMAN66
azania
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
12 posters

Go down

If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive Empty If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:57 pm

I reckon he'd have the Bronze Bomber, Deontay Wilder a world champion no doubt. He would have no doubt slowed his career, built him up slowly so that when he claimed he was ready to be ontop, Wlad was just leaving the scene.

Would have developed the correct fundamentals for him too, and used his height and reach in his favour and done what he did with Lennox, which was to get him balanced at all times. In the early part of Lennox's career at times, he could barely stand up straight and throw, towards the end he could throw every punch in the book to perfection.

Steward would have been the mman to put Wilder to greatness in my view. I don't think he will be without him, or somebody like him around, a truly great fighter.

I miss Steward Sad

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive Empty Re: If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:58 pm

Theres this guy from Bradford called dave, works/worked for the fuzz. I reckon he'd make a fantastic trainer for wilder.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive Empty Re: If Only Emmanuel Steward Was Still Alive

Post by azania Wed 24 Apr 2013, 9:59 pm

Wilder doesn't have the natural talent to be great imo. He is athletic. Probably a better b'ball player than boxer. To me he seems very uncoordinated. But Steward worked miracles with Andries who makes Wilder look like the reincarnation of Ali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:02 pm

He worked miracles with most fighters he trained to be honest. And Wilder is exactly what Steward looks for in a fighter.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

Perhaps Banks can train him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:10 pm

I saw Hilmer Kenty..Jimmy Paul and Duane Thomas........................

This guy couldn't turn water into wine my friend.................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 24 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I saw Hilmer Kenty..Jimmy Paul and Duane Thomas........................

This guy couldn't turn water into wine my friend.................

Those guys were good. Andries was his finest achievement. The guy had little talent but a huge heart. After the spanking from Hearns he went there andlearned how to jab and move. He looked decent. Kenty, Paul etc had talent. Andries hardly had any.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:39 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Theres this guy from Bradford called dave, works/worked for the fuzz. I reckon he'd make a fantastic trainer for wilder.
Says more about the state of the HW division than my abilities as a trainer. However, I believe even I could polish this particular t*rd!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:30 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I reckon he'd have the Bronze Bomber, Deontay Wilder a world champion no doubt.

Erm

There is a saying that you cant polish turds

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:13 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I reckon he'd have the Bronze Bomber, Deontay Wilder a world champion no doubt. He would have no doubt slowed his career, built him up slowly Sad

Slowly, he'd have died of old age if he moved wilder any slower.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm

Laugh
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:50 pm

If you see in black and white and regard Wilder as a 'World Champion in the making' or 'just another American hype job' then please don't be too quick to congratulate yourself on your amazing boxing knowledge when the chance of either becoming true is 50-50. A deaf-dumb-blind man could call it with as much accuracy.

Lets just hope he lives up to the hype because boxing needs a good heavyweight.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:27 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I reckon he'd have the Bronze Bomber, Deontay Wilder a world champion no doubt.

Erm

No, but you can roll them in glitter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Fri 26 Apr 2013, 8:41 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Erm

Or mould it.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:16 am

Steward like all trainers is overrated..............Great sportsman see the opening and take it..........In every field....Their thought process is quicker and then they let their talent take care of the rest........

All Stewards fighters would have achieved regardless of him, Futch and Dundee..etc

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:40 am

You don't think that the improvements from fellas such as Andries (in particular!), Lewis and Wladimir were at least in part down to Steward's influence, Truss? It's a bit of a coincidence otherwise!

The buck does ultimately stop with the fighter, I agree, but so many of them place their complete trust in a trainer's ideas and tactics, so I don't think the importance of trainers is overstated, really.

Look at Herol Graham, for instance. Making that temporary switch over from Ingle to Shaw was a terrible move - Shaw was a great trainer, but he was completely wrong for Herol and it showed in his performance when Shaw was in his corner. Graham was one of those fighters I'm talking about who swallowed whatever his corner told him hook, line and sinker (apart from the McCallum fight where he mysteriously just stopped working in the second half of the fight!) so for fighters of that ilk, the trainer is so, so important, I think.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

The Boss wrote:

Erm

Or mould it.

Once when working as a baker I kneaded a poo, is that the same thing?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:01 am

huw wrote:
The Boss wrote:

Erm

Or mould it.

Once when working as a baker I kneaded a poo, is that the same thing?

Tumbleweed

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:11 am

No need to be fecesious, Tino!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

88Chris05 wrote:No need to be fecesious, Tino!

as full of sshitt as ever chris

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:20 am

Why do you pooh-pooh every comment I post, Shah?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

88Chris05 wrote:Why do you pooh-pooh every comment I post, Shah?

For your own sake dear chum, because the Poopie might hit the fan and herman is angry enough as it is

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:43 am

Sorry Tino, crap joke.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:44 am

huw wrote:Sorry Tino, crap joke.

Laugh

Subtle, huw. Very subtle.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:00 pm

This is a bit random but hey ho, it has triggered a memory (and it is Friday). Anyway, a bloke I went to school with used to do massive turds for someone of quite a slight frame. After doing his business, he used to climb out of the locked cubicle then clean up in the one next door. The sole purpose of this was so his mates could pop in and admire the uncorrupted deposit. They would often sit well proud of the waterline much like a fisherman's float

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down