The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook?

+7
youngguns6
sirBiggles
doctornickolas
profitius
Taffineastbourne
bsando
Cardiff Taffy
11 posters

Go down

Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook? Empty Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook?

Post by Cardiff Taffy Wed 01 May 2013, 1:57 pm

Ryan Jones and James Hook are pretty interesting omissions from the Wales squad. I wonder if they are pretty high up on the replacements list for the Lions tour?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22362138

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook? Empty Re: Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook?

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 2:02 pm

I was interested to see Shingler in and am hoping he isn't cheaply capped just to commit him to Wales.

Gutted for Ryan. I don't understand it really, but I guess he is being rested after injury.

Really don't agree with two Scarlets 9s over Jon Evans either.

Back to top Go down

Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook? Empty Re: Why leave out Ryan Jones and James Hook?

Post by bsando Wed 01 May 2013, 2:05 pm

Great to see Steve Shingler in there. I was worried he was going to be rejected by Wales after being forbidden by the IRB to play for Scotland. Will be great to see him get a cap or Wales.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 2:08 pm

Steve Shingler is a bit of a surprise. However Risca he's already capped/tied to Wales! That's what all of the fuss was about!

I actually thought they might leave him to suffer for a few years to teach him a lesson. Not that I would have condoned it, but that's the sort of thing I could imagine Gatland and the WRU doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Wed 01 May 2013, 2:11 pm

Both players have nothing to prove and their places are better served in developing youngsters.Ryan in particular would benefit more from a summer off,Lions injuries permitting.Can see no benefit in flogging them on a minor tour.No offense to our opponents intended.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Taffy Wed 01 May 2013, 2:13 pm

Yeah the rest would do them good. Still a little surprised though and if I were them I'd be gutted to miss out on a trip to Japan.

Cardiff Taffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 2:33 pm

Griff wrote:Steve Shingler is a bit of a surprise. However Risca he's already capped/tied to Wales! That's what all of the fuss was about!

I don't know why I messed up with that. I wrote on twitter a bit better at least, that I hope he isn't capped unless form dictates.

Still my biggest gripe is Jon Evans missing out.

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Wed 01 May 2013, 2:37 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
Griff wrote:Steve Shingler is a bit of a surprise. However Risca he's already capped/tied to Wales! That's what all of the fuss was about!

I don't know why I messed up with that. I wrote on twitter a bit better at least, that I hope he isn't capped unless form dictates.

Who is he? Erm
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 2:38 pm

profitius wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:

Who is he? Erm

Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Wed 01 May 2013, 3:19 pm

What about the young Scarlets 10 whois off to Leicester. I though he might have deserved a place for experience.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by sirBiggles Wed 01 May 2013, 3:23 pm

A fairly balanced touring party to build the youngsters without losing some of the experienced heads... thumbsup

I reckon Ryan and Hookie are on stand by for the Lions...

sirBiggles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 3:42 pm

Is it true Byrne has missed out too? Wonder if that's Clermont related?

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Wed 01 May 2013, 3:54 pm

WHY ISN'T JONNY EVANS PICKED!

This has really annoyed me!

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 01 May 2013, 4:26 pm

Actually I'm glad RJones isn't going. Fresh as a daisy for Ospreys next season.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Wed 01 May 2013, 7:20 pm

I suspect that Ryan has been left out to fully recover from his injury and have a decent rest prior to next season. I suspect that Hook is slipping further down the pecking order. He has played for Wales at 10, centre and 15 but there are better 10s, centres and full backs who have been selected for this tour.

By all accounts Hook have played well for Perpignan this season but he has certainly not impressed in his cameo appearances for Wales. No doubt that Ryan will be back in the squad next season but Hook....who knows?

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 01 May 2013, 7:36 pm

Dont see point of taking the likes of Jones Hook or Rees as we know what they can and cant do.

Gutted no Lewis or Johnny Evans also no Adam Hughes
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by 100%beefy Wed 01 May 2013, 8:15 pm

i reckon RJ is standby 4568 for Gats

100%beefy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down